Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone (26514 Views)

Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / MTN Finally Introduces A 3GB Internet Data Plan For Just #300 / When MTN Finally Goes Mad (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Ijaya123: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2016
And they are yet to pay NCC fine, this is a swipe at the regulators.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by ojnnaco(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2016
Even with their heavy indebtedness to Nigeria , they are still acquiring more companies..
That's impunity in the highest order...
Govt of Nigeria should take note
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by bobo65(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2016
ShakurM:
Facebook buy WhatsApp

MTN buy visafone

Shakur buys Nairaland grin

Lol
U wish
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by mradjoy(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
ShakurM:
Facebook buy WhatsApp

MTN buy visafone

Shakur buys Nairaland grin

Ole, nna long throat wan kill you ni? grin grin grin
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by maestroferddi: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:
How? he has his reasons for the actions embarassed
He is seen as the man with the Midas touch.

He was able to build the Zenith brand, one of the strongest in Nigeria, from scratch.

His failure to make Visafone a success story will remain a blot on his CV.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by bobo65(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
lasisi69:
Google

Mr endtime

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
lasisi69:
Mtn don kill us for this country...

How MTN take kill us? Our fellow countryman couldn't manage his business, so a capable company is buying it for better management... Good development. That was how some group started HITV some years ago just to bring dstv down. Today HITV is dead while Dstv remains strong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by konga82(m): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2016
Op @ what value?
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

How MTN take kill us? Our fellow countryman couldn't manage his business, so a capable company is buying it for better management... Good development. That was how some group started HITV some years ago just to bring dstv down. Today HITV is dead while Dstv remains strong.
them dey try but, swear say dem never hurt u one way or the order

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Wolfbrother(m): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2016
Hope this wont result in job losses on the side of the visfone employees..
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
He is seen as the man with the Midas having been to build the Zenith brand, one of the strongest in Nigeria, from scratch.

His failure to make Visafone a success story will remain a blot on his CV.
Banking world and Telecommunications are two different things. Like i said earlier, he may want to be more focused instead of being jack of all trades but master in none embarassed (My thought)
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2016
bobo65:

Mr endtime
boss... Ur suit sha

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

Yes but he still failed with this one. Telecoms is a sector where you make money per second but they went on sleeping spree when wifi networks took over. There are loads of them out there and cheap too.

It's also quite better cos it powers other devices.

Starcomms killed multilinks
Visafone killed sarcomas
Wifi networks killed visafone

ONE THING MUST KILL A MAN
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by wizkidblogger(f): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmnn
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2016
lasisi69:
them dey try but, swear say dem never hurt u one way or the order

Which one? MTN or Dstv? As for MTN, they have the fastest internet (maybe after etisalat, but etisalat has bad data management). Yes they have their flaws but so does every other company out there. The thing is this... If u are BIG and foreign, u will have more enemies as some will think u are the reason the smaller ones are not growing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by tomholly: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Airtel should also be careful not to av same problem like visafone ooooooooooooooooo
shayou:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/mtn-finally-acquires-visafone/127595.html
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Which one? MTN or Dstv? As for MTN, they have the fastest internet (maybe after etisalat, but etisalat has bad data management). Yes they have their flaws but so does every other company out there.
Aiye sir

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by maestroferddi: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

That silly HiTV that made me incure undue losses.

The decoder I bought at about N20k just before their greed led to bankruptcy is lying in my house as refuse which will cost money to be disposed.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Honestyboy(m): 10:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmm.... Good luck
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 10:54am On Jan 07, 2016
ojnnaco:
Even with their heavy indebtedness to Nigeria , they are still acquiring more companies..
That's impunity in the highest order...
Govt of Nigeria should take note
South Africans have studied Nigeria; they know their way to the top and are capitalizing on our flaws to milk us dry.

Just imagine if all those Politicians that benefited in Dasuki gate had invested the money in establishing
companies in the country, unemployment in the country would have been abated embarassed

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Dannieln1: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2016
lasisi69:
Google
its a search engine that helps you during exam....best answer
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by refreshrate: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2016
sofymoore:
At GHART SIGNATURE we make ur living rooms what living and WOW ur imaginations with impressive interior decorations, call us on 08069214248, 08141565357.

How does this relate to the post please?

You honestly believe this'll make people patronize you?

I know you want clients but seriously there are ways you portray your business & deadvertise yourself.
Feel free to doubt me. Me I know I can never patronize you not with this stunt.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Dannieln1:
its a search engine that helps you during exam....best answer
yeah sure

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2016
ollah1:

Yes but he still failed with this one. Telecoms is a sector where you make money per second but they went on sleeping spree when wifi networks took over. There are loads of them out there and cheap too.

It's also quite better cos it powers other devices.

Starcomms killed multilinks
Visafone killed sarcomas
Wifi networks killed visafone

ONE THING MUST KILL A MAN
I agree with you but it may be that it is not his core strength in buisness hence the decision smiley
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by refreshrate: 10:58am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

Yes, he failed! That's the reason
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:

The decoder I bought at about N20k just before their greed led to bankruptcy is lying in my house as refuse which will cost money to be disposed.

OLX It
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
That silly HiTV that made me incure undue losses.

I tell u, those guys na greeedines and bad management killed them. They think it is easy to get English premiership license coupled with overall good content. Next time they will cut their coats according to their size just like startimes, daarsat and co are doing. Their decoder is still in my store covered with dusts and cobwebs.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by maestroferddi: 10:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

Banking world and Telecommunications are two different things. Like i said earlier, he may want to be more focused instead of being jack of all trades but master in none embarassed (My thought)
Nothing like that.

He is cutting his losses and moving on.

Visafone bombed as a company. He was guilty of the Nigerian mentality of rushing into an otherwise trending business without doing due diligence.

I am sure he spared no thought in seizing the opportunity to discard a loss centre/leader.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2016
refreshrate:

Yes, he failed! That's the reason
He may have 'failed' in Telecom business but he's making it in banking industry smiley
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:
Has MTN paid their fine to NCC? embarassed
yes, they paid into my account!
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:
I agree with you but it may be that it is not his core strength in buisness hence the decision smiley

I disagree with you. Telecoms is a sector that keeps growing . It doesn't mean it should be his core strength, you only need to acquire great IT men and good managers.

Btw, he still has an IT firm, cyberspace. It's the brain behind visafone and zenith bank

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by maestroferddi: 11:03am On Jan 07, 2016
ollah1:

OLX It
Are you serious?

How do I do that?

Like how much can I get from pawning it away?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini Manual Settings For All Networks: / ***Tecno Official Discussion Thread*** / Infinix Hot 10i Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.