Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone (26513 Views)

Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / MTN Finally Introduces A 3GB Internet Data Plan For Just #300 / When MTN Finally Goes Mad (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by phemmie06(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2016
MTN please come pay your fine either you like it or not you must pay
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by busybeei5(f): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2016
does this mean my 0704649... will become an MTN line? smiley

ok

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by ojnnaco(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

South Africans have studied Nigeria; they know their way to the top and are capitalizing on our flaws to milk us dry.

Just imagine if all those Politicians that benefited in Dasuki gate had invested the money in establishing
companies in the country, unemployment in the country would have been abated embarassed

Thank you, u understand how I feel

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 07, 2016
Yet this is a company hungry Nigerians without an idea of the business world claim can't pay the fine imposed on it by the government.

One reason I don't listen to beer parlour gist is the fact many Nigerians repeat things they don't know and understand with so much conviction they're able to convince other ignorant folks who then pass it around as fact. Its because ignorant people accept these sayings as fact that they end up on nairaland as propaganda to catch more weak minds.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by slap1(m): 11:09am On Jan 07, 2016
Their fine nko? undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by rman: 11:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerian youths displaying their ignorance once more on this thread.

This deal has been on for a while and has nothing to do with the NCC fine.MTN is inheriting both the assets and liabilities and the Visafone assets that mtn are genuinely interested in are the frequencies. CDMA has been left so far behind they can't compete with gms anymore in Nigeria, I wish they can. Anyway, this is a win win situation and I know Jim must negotiated for a minority stake in MTN which is good for him.

I see this as good news as more and more Nigerian investors are having a stake in MTN.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by rman: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerian youths displaying their ignorance once more on this thread.

This deal has been on for a while and has nothing to do with the NCC fine.MTN is inheriting both the assets and liabilities and the Visafone assets that mtn is genuinely interested in are the visafone frequencies. CDMA has been left so far behind they can't compete with gms anymore in Nigeria, I wish they can. Anyway, this is a win win situation and I know Jim must have negotiated for a minority stake in MTN which is good for him.

I see this as good news as more and more Nigerian investors are having a stake in MTN.

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lagosrd: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2016
shayou:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/mtn-finally-acquires-visafone/127595.html

Go and pay up your penalty. I don't seriously know what this country is all about, someone who was sanctioned still has the audacity to buy another company in the same country. This will finally kill the CDMA market to sell their brand.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by FRInteractives: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2016
MediaCracks your NO 1 hotspot channel C00328088
C00328088
A channel For Engaged,Inspirational, News, Tips & Advice On Love, Motivational, Married & singles!,entertainment •Love tips
•Latest Gossips
•Hookups
•Gists/interractive session
•Loads of other packages!C00328088

http://pin.bbm.com/C00328088
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:

South Africans have studied Nigeria; they know their way to the top and are capitalizing on our flaws to milk us dry.

Just imagine if all those Politicians that benefited in Dasuki gate had invested the money in establishing
companies in the country, unemployment in the country would have been abated embarassed

I just don't understand this phrase 'milk us dry'. It's not like south African companies (Mtn, Dstv, shoprite etc) are stopping other Nigerian indeginous companies from rising. It is business and whoever knows how to do it best wins. Shikena. We have regulatory bodies , those companies pay their tax and have met every requirements to run their business in Nigeria. MTN is the biggest telecommunication company in Nigeria. Dstv is the biggest cable TV in Nigeria. Shoprite is the biggest shopping complex. All south Africans. If u ask me they bring development to us, no need to be hating. The country is big and rich enough, but our people are greedy and lack business skills. So u cannot blame south African companies for having better understanding and management skills.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by rman: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

I just don't understand this phrase 'milk us dry'. It's not like south African companies (Mtn, Dstv, shoprite etc) are stopping other Nigerian indeginous companies from rising. It is business and whoever knows how to do it best wins. Shikena. MTN is the biggest telecommunication company in Nigeria. Dstv is the biggest cable TV in Nigeria. Shoprite is the biggest shopping complex. All south Africans. If u ask me they bring development to us, no need to be hating. The country is big and rich enough, but our people are greedy and lack business skills. So u cannot blame south African companies for having better understanding and management skills.

That is what they all fail to understand. They could not do it, lack the capacity to sustain those that were built and handed to them, then they turn around and blame those that has made a success of it.

Everything the Nigerian man sees in developed countries, he desires but theirs must come at no cost. That is why sometimes I do not blame politician that share money and food, they just understand the psych of Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
Are you serious?

How do I do that?

Like how much can I get from pawning it away?

I don't know but you should make some bucks tho
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2016
lagosrd:

Go and pay up your penalty. I don't seriously know what this country is all about, someone who was sanctioned still has the audacity to buy another company in the same country. This will finally kill the CDMA market to sell their brand.

They bought it way before the sanction

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2016
rman:

That is what they all fail to understand. They could not do it, lack the capacity to sustain those that were built and handed to them, then they turn around and blame those that has made a success of it.

Everything the Nigerian man sees in developed countries, he desires but theirs must come at no cost. That is why sometimes I do not blame politician that share money and food, they just understand the psych of Nigerians.

Gbam. Sometimes I fear for the future of this country. Most people that visit nairaland are youths and supposedly leaders of tomorrow, but the way they reason make me fear.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Jidexfeel(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2016
sad MTN get money now sebi na order from South Africa that told the Nigerian Unit male dem no pay the fine wey NCC talk say make dem pay
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by moonraker(m): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2016
hmmm a very sneaky business move by mtn..

Conspiracy Theory

Lets see so MTN figures that it wouldnt be able to pay the fine but recognizes that Nigeria is a hugh market

and leaving Nigeria totally will affect them as a company profit wise. so what do they do?

since the NCC havent actually suspended their services, they are still within their rights to continue doing business.

buy out visafone. Move mtn out of the country but still remit profits back to SA, Bravo MTN Anaconda call obey

Sorry lads, i will show myself out.. angry
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by rman: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

Gbam. Sometimes I fear for the future of this country. Most people that visit nairaland are youths and supposedly leaders of tomorrow, but the way they reason make me fear.

I can assure you, in future, if private investors come and give us bullet trains that move from Lagos to Maiduguri in 3hrs and build a network of fast rails across the country, that can ensure a man living in Ibadan can conveniently work in Lagos or Minna because the journey by train is just 35mins, Nigerians will turn around and protest that the company is milking them dry the moment they know it is making money. They would never look at the transportation and opportunity to access cheaper accommodation and de-congestion of Lagos and other major cities it has solved. They will call on their government to fine it or shut it down, if the company is South African, they may even attack her Nigerian staff.

Shallow thinking people. I do not know how we got here, but the biggest job government has to do is massive reorientation, seriously , majority of Nigerian brains needs reformatting.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by okambaba: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2016
moonraker:
hmmm a very sneaky business move by mtn..

Conspiracy Theory

Lets see so MTN figures that it wouldnt be able to pay the fine but recognizes that Nigeria is a hugh market

and leaving Nigeria totally will affect them as a company profit wise. so what do they do?

since the NCC havent actually suspended their services, they are still within their rights to continue doing business.

buy out visafone. Move mtn out of the country but still remit profits back to SA, Bravo MTN Anaconda call obey

Sorry lads, i will show myself out.. angry

Your theory doesn't check out.

The deal has been on since last year even long before the fine was thought of. This is news now probably because paper work was just completed. Some even say its a merger and not a takeover.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Iamlordgee(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Kirinwa:
Really?

By being a stakeholder in visafone I think am entitled to be chairman of this occasion.
I would be back for further comments.

Meanwhile lalasticlacla you know how's its done.

Yes, visaphone had a good vision and structure but they lacked expansion as well as competent staff and strategists.

They had good call plans and tariffs. Why I stopped using them was not only that I had to travel down sometimes to their office to recharge. I didn't mind but finally my phone got spoilt. Imagine they didn't have technicians to repair it and demanded I give them money to transport it outside my state. Phone I bought cheaply then, about to cost me half of the price in repairs.
I painfully left their office and have not looked back since then, thanks to Etisalat.

Am I first to comment?!
*dancing

Oga Seun credit me ooh.
U don carry award naw
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2016
I think its a good nd viable deal.. Pls how much ws spent for acquisition nd does this mean that NCC ish neva affected MTN as we all thought?
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
rman:

I can assure you, in future, if private investors come and give us bullet trains that move from Lagos to Maiduguri in 3hrs and build a network of fast rails across the country, that can ensure a man living in Ibadan can conveniently work in Lagos or Minna because the journey by train is just 35mins, Nigerians will turn around and protest that the company is milking them dry the moment they know it is making money. They would never look at the transportation and opportunity to access cheaper accommodation and de-congestion of Lagos and other major cities it has solved. They will call on their government to fine it or shut it down, if the company is South African, they may even attack her Nigerian staff.

Shallow thinking people. I do not know how we got here, but the biggest job government has to do is massive reorientation, seriously , majority of Nigerian brains needs reformatting.

CC sagamite.

Omg I wish I can give u 1,000 likes. This is just what I'm talking about. Once a foreign company starts making money here Nigerians will start hating, not looking back at the development they have brought us. Really majority of Nigerians brains need hard reset.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by ruffyola(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Is Visafone truly the only surviving CDMA? I don't know o but is Multi links not among the CDMA network? if they are then multi link is still working perfectly and am still using it. U can try it 017657313
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by omar10mustafa(m): 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good business
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by amazingspiderma: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:

I just don't understand this phrase 'milk us dry'. It's not like south African companies (Mtn, Dstv, shoprite etc) are stopping other Nigerian indeginous companies from rising. It is business and whoever knows how to do it best wins. Shikena. We have regulatory bodies , those companies pay their tax and have met every requirements to run their business in Nigeria. MTN is the biggest telecommunication company in Nigeria. Dstv is the biggest cable TV in Nigeria. Shoprite is the biggest shopping complex. All south Africans. If u ask me they bring development to us, no need to be hating. The country is big and rich enough, but our people are greedy and lack business skills. So u cannot blame south African companies for having better understanding and management skills.
Thanks bro,a good business company keeps track of it's vision even when in tight corners.While political companies keep waiting for government favors.despite all the last controversies surrounding MTN,no competitor consolidated.They were busy celebrating the NCC fine.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
amazingspiderma:

Thanks bro,a good business company keeps track of it's vision even when in tight corners.While political companies keep waiting for government favors.despite all the last controversies surrounding MTN,no competitor consolidated.They were busy celebrating the NCC fine.

Abi oo. everyone was busy celebrating NCC fine, MTN was busy expanding their business.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by viso311: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guyz this deal has bin on for a long time. Jim sold 80% of the shares to MTN, so he still has 20% stake in d company. He still has an I.T firm.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by TaiKuun(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kirinwa:
Really?

By being a stakeholder in visafone I think am entitled to be chairman of this occasion.
I would be back for further comments.

Meanwhile lalasticlacla you know how's its done.

Yes, visaphone had a good vision and structure but they lacked expansion as well as competent staff and strategists.

They had good call plans and tariffs. Why I stopped using them was not only that I had to travel down sometimes to their office to recharge. I didn't mind but finally my phone got spoilt. Imagine they didn't have technicians to repair it and demanded I give them money to transport it outside my state. Phone I bought cheaply then, about to cost me half of the price in repairs.
I painfully left their office and have not looked back since then, thanks to Etisalat.

Am I first to comment?!
*dancing

Oga Seun credit me ooh.
you're a stakeholder in visafone, yet you cant spell it correctly
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by purplekayc(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
how much was paid and what will happen to visafone employees?
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by refreshrate: 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:
He may have 'failed' in Telecom business but he's making it in banking industry smiley

You too read what you just wrote. Does it make sense, even to you?
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
refreshrate:

You too read what you just wrote. Does it make sense, even to you?
embarassed
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by daphid25(m): 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
They had better behave and not stop the bb unlimited sub
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by arabianights: 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
kirchofff:
Dis is y I'll never take d FG seriously, so empty hen even have d guts to buy a company when dey've nt paid their fine.............they knw I FG is a joke..smh 4 my dear country

Very good point.Dindt even think of it................God's willing they will pay th fine else am done with buhari for life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini Manual Settings For All Networks: / ***Tecno Official Discussion Thread*** / Infinix Hot 10i Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.