Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Laptop Fails To Charge - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Fails To Charge (1114 Views)

My Laptop Refuses To Charge...... Pls Help / How To Use Your Laptop In Sleep Mode As Power Bank(to Charge Your Mobile) / Request For All Unlocking Code Of Network Internet Modem Here Free Of Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Fails To Charge by phemmy008(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hi, pls i don't what has happened to my laptop cos it fails to charge and the light on the charger is on, what could be the problem? if the battery is not good will it work when plugged into the electricity?
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by guruno1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
post you laptop brand
i mean specs.

i will help you out

thanks
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by phemmy008(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
It's hp nx6110, pentium m
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by mjay(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
change the charger
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by Oxone(m): 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
first i would advice you check ur charger cos the light on it doesnt indicate its good. also check that u are using the specified charger

then from what i know of HP laptops (thats alot too), there should be a light indicator that comes on when ur laptop is plugged. if this light is on when the laptop is plugged in, then the battery is most likely the problem
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by phemmy008(m): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
hello, i discovered that the battery never last an hour before it runs down but i think the laptop should work with electric evenwhen the battery isn't good anymore and the charger is follow come or what do you think?
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by skipo87(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2009
general hp problem, is it new, does warranty cover it, then u shd check hp service center,
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by skipo87(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2009
let me teach u a trick, when the charger is plugged iin, put something under the gharger close to the charging poet of the laptop. the object must be large to the extent that it raises the laptop up via the charger. i hope this makes sense to u. i do this when my laptop doesnt want to charge
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by TmeD0(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2009
wow, all these brilliant responses!

@ OP, yes, if you remove the battery and plug just the charger in the wall jack, it will work.

try that first and if the laptop powers on, then you know there's nothing wrong with your charger.

the next thing you want to do is try to calibrate the battery.  you can do this in two ways:

1. charge the battery fully and run the laptop using the battery till it's completely discharged (i know you said it only lasts an hour). the laptop should completely shutdown.

charge it again (100%) and run it on battery till it's completely discharged again.  repeat it the third time and if the battery is still not holding charge too long, then it's time to replace it. 

2. some notebooks have a battery calibrating utility built-in the BIOS settings, use that if your laptop has one (you might want to consult your PCs manual to verify that).

Note: if you want your battery to last long, dim your laptop's LCD screen when you're using the battery. 

you can also configure the power settings on your laptop (don't know what OS u're using, so i can't help you there) to maximize your battery life.  good luck.  Peace!

skipo87:

let me teach u a trick,  when the charger is plugged iin, put something under the gharger close to the charging poet of the laptop. the object must be large to the extent that it raises the laptop up via the charger. i hope this makes sense to u. i do this when my laptop doesnt want to charge

thanks for sharing your trick, it really makes a loooooottttt of sense.   grin
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by skipo87(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2009
mayb u shd run a battery health check i know hp laptops have that facility,
my batt doesnt last as long as it used to cos, one day i used it all up and as usual it hibernated when the batt power was gettin too low. PHCH restored power, i switched it on while bootin, power went out and the lappy was still on. Expectin it to go off but it didn't insted the battery read 0% and it was on for close to 10 or 15 mins. i can say that was the end of my good battery life. from that time, it only used to last 30 mins or there about as against the 2, 3hrs battery life,
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by phemmy008(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2009
The laptop doesn't even power at all when connected to the power source
Re: Laptop Fails To Charge by BridgesIT: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi dear for issues with your laptop,I would recommend a proper diagnose of the problem before anyone blindless suggests solutions to problems you only know better.
My firm is an I.T company, we can run a check on your laptop charge-free and we will tell you what fault and how to remedy the situation.For further enquiry mail bridgesconceptsbmc@yahoo.com or dial/text Oladapo on 0802-317-7634, 0702-862-4366.U can mail your contact to us and I'll come for check up.

Aina Oladapo
Managing Partner

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 3g Fastlink Modem And Rdc Access / Haier Starcomms Phone Not Connecting To Pc / Troubleshooting Hp Booting Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.