Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest (1641 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Jonathan's Former Aide Reno Omokri Set To Release A New Book -Pictured / Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest by Udobass: 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2009
An Aide to former Governor Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom State, Hon. Emmanuel Obot last week thursday escaped by whiskers, a bid by the EFCC to arrest him over allegation of fraud to the tune of N3 billion. the Leadership newspaper reports. Head of Media and publicity of the EFCC Mr. Femi Babafemi, who confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abuja, said the operatives of the commission were mesmerised at the manner in which Obot disappeared into thin air. The commission therefore urged the wanted man to appear before the Commission within five days.
Re: Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest by vigasimple(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
There are 3 plausible explanation, and the first more propable

1. Tip off from Mrs. Waziri or people like her at EFCC

or

2. African 'magic' abradacabra, you see me , now you don't see me again

or

3. Dress as a woman to escape the building
Re: Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest by Pennywise(m): 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^^ Or (4) Cash-induced momentary hypnosis.Works like real magic.

About time EFCC is made a dept of the Nigeria Police -that way they can all wear the same uniform. This present demarcation serves no useful purpose. Infact it is deceptive since the work ethic/code and modus operandi are the same. Same Nigerians.

It is note worthy that this matter has been concealed from the media for 7 months. EFCC indeed.
Re: Governor Attah's Former Aide Emmanuel Obot Again Escapes Efcc Arrest by HonEObot: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2011
Dear Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,

This is this the Hon Emmanuel Obot. I would like to commend your journalistic skills, especially in the matters of Nigerian affairs. It is unfortunate that I have only recently been made known to this report made by yourself. In 2009, you took the liberty of reporting on this alleged incident of my fleeing arrest and the other false details (as you've made them above). I would like to formally state that this matter never took place. In fact, due to your inclusion of an alleged N3 Billion gain by myself, i cant help but to question whether you seek to put me in harm's way via kidnapping which is a present danger or even boko-aram.  If you seek to truly be a credible reporter, i cant help but to question why you have failed to update this false information except that you are indeed gaining financially by attempting to slander my character and my name through my defeated opponent (in the court of appeals) Elder Bassey Etim. The Leadership newspaper has since the time of your publication (2009) both apologized and revoked these allegations; I am requesting that you do the same within one week's time from this very statement (8/27/2011). Make haste to reply with your formal name and rightful contact information so as to identify with whom I am communicating with. Also make haste to remove this false account from this blog reporting site as the information is false and was masterminded by my then opponent. If you would like to accurately update the public, please be informed that I had since been court ordered to serve in the National Assembly after the injustice suffered by myself as the rightful occupant of Uyo Federal CConstituencyin Akwa Ibom State.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ikedi Ohakim’s Looting Spree Continues ! / Lagos State, Nigerian Conservation Foundation Walk / UNILAG Alumni Threaten To Drag Jonathan And FG To Court Over Name Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.