Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. (1646 Views)

Dalung Solomon At BBC For A Programme On Hausa Service (photos) / President Jonathan's Interview Airs On ELTV At 10pm WAT Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by olaolabiy: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
the BBC is about to air another programme on nigeria.It is called 'Welcome to Lagos'.It gives a factual but damning verdict on the state of things. This is coming on just days after 'Blood and Oil'. 'Unreported World', another programme on Nigeria, was aired on Channel 4 earlier today.
the Nigerian 'issue' has also enjoyed several inches/columns from the British print media in the past one week.

coincidence? Nairalanders,please discuss.

Personally,i am loving this.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by oderemo(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
It gives a factual but damning verdict on the state of things.
just wait, factual yes, damning no. not diff. from the slumdog millionaire season by channel 4.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by olaolabiy: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2010
you are right.it is a damning verdict on the leaders at the federal level.not lagos and to me not fashola.the guy should chin up.good guy.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2010
My Goodness , I just had a look and it has a negative aspect to it amidst the positive elements

Episode 1
Watch:
Next on:

Thu, 15 Apr 2010, 21:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))
Synopsis

Three part observational documentary series which explores life at the sharp end of one of the most extreme urban environments in the world: Lagos, Nigeria. Today, more than half the world's population live in cities, and this eye-opening series shows what life is really like in some of the toughest parts of the world's fastest growing megacity.

The first episode uncovers life in Olusosun rubbish dump. Here, around 1000 people live on top of the rubbish in houses built from scrap. The film follows the daily lives of two men who have become skilled at turning rubbish into gold. Eric, aka Vocal Slender, is a musician, and every bit of scrap he finds brings him one step closer to his dream of launching his music career, but a serious fight nearly ruins his chances.

Joseph is a trader who works hard to provide for his wife and two small children, and who has filled his house with things he has found on the dump. 'If there was a bigger, dirtier, stinkier dump where I could earn more money for my family, then I'd go there to work,' he says.

With extraordinary access to some of the poorest parts of town, the series celebrates the resilience, resourcefulness and energy of Lagos's 16 million inhabitants, and shows how successfully many of its slum dwellers are adapting to the realities of the world's increasingly extreme urban future.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by olaolabiy: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^you are right my brother.
and thanks for your in depth analysis of the said programme.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by Sunofgod(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
Even the West understands Nigeria is no good to anyone in its current state. (Including them)

Its failing its people and the world given what it potentially has to offer.

They are going all out to awaken Nigerian's to the plight they face in the current entity called Nigeria.

Change is needed  - The countries problems are beyond the useless politicians we have in power.

A REVOLUTION IS CALLED FOR - AND THE WEST APPEAR WILLING TO SUPPORT THE MUCH NEEDED REFORM.
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by olaolabiy: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2010
you are very right, son of god
Re: BBC Airs Another Programme On Nigeria--called 'Welcome to Lagos'. by 1honeybee: 2:02am On Apr 03, 2010
hnmm. . . . . . cant wait to see it

(1) (Reply)

Segun Adeniyi, The Late Confession Of Hidden Truth About Late President Ya’adua / Breaking News. Minister Of Power Berth Nnaji Resigns. / Omojuwa And Patience Jonathan Exchange Words On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.