Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat (617 Views)

Prof. Farooq Kperoogi: Buhari's Gov't Is Of No Substance And Full Of Propaganda / Buhari's Government Of No Substance And Propaganda - Prof Farooq Kperogi / Is It Marginalization Or Refusal To Accept The Agony Of Defeat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat by josefeneche: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
A “cheap copycat and a total failure" is what i would call yesterday's Press Briefing held by the APC Bayelsa state's gubernatorial candidate simply because he ended up saying nothing substantive.

In a statement by the Director of Publicity the Restoration Campaign Organisation, Jonathan Obuebite, the party said the conference was a complete sham as Sylva appeared delusional and lacked confidence and coherence.

It further observed that Sylva seemed “obviously rattled ahead of defeat” .

Timipre Sylva struggled throughout to put his points across which i suppose is due to lack of confidence and understanding of the issues being asked and thus an embarrassment not only to himself but also to his party, the APC and its leadership.

He totally embarrassed himself before the entire world with his poor performance at the press conference as he was hardly coherent and in most cases, he appeared like someone beaten and thoroughly rattled.

I'm made to believe the APC candidate was so frustrated that at a point he poured invectives on a reporter who dared to ask him to respond to the allegation that while as governor he organized the stoning of President Muhammadu Buhari who then as presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) was on campaign tour of Bayelsa State.

It only provided platform to further spin more lies upon lies. You all saw him being unable to talk straight on anything even when the questions were arranged for him ahead by his party men”.

You'd also be amazed to find out that Sylva at the press conference accused Governor Dickson of extra-judicial killing, saying that the public in the state was well aware that it was a huge irony because the former governor had a record of such killings and can never extricate himself and his past from the minds of victims of his “dreadful past”.

Well i suppose Bayelsans know quite well the record of sponsored state killings through Sylva’s dreaded killer squad known as Operation Famutangbe. Also under Sylva, Bayelsa was a killing field. Businesses were shut down and many fled the state out of fear for their lives. Now see who is accusing Governor Dickson of fanning the embers of violence and killing? Who will take Sylva seriously by his performance at the press conference?
Re: Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat by Blizzy9ja: 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Lagos people will... Since he's now carrying broom and shouting change his sins are forgiven

1 Like

Re: Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat by TheFreeOne: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
I saw him rambling earlier on AIT and I feel so sorry for him cos defeat seems written over him while grappling at straws.
He tried so hard to paint bayelsa governor a violent man but failed convincingly.

Probably he's been made to realize no rigging will be allowed on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Sylva’s Press Conference Lacks Substance And Obviously Rattled Ahead Of Defeat by josefeneche: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
TheFreeOne:
I saw him rambling earlier on AIT and I feel so sorry for him cos defeat seems written over him while grappling at straws.
He tried so hard to paint bayelsa governor a violent man but failed convincingly.

Probably he's been made to realize no rigging will be allowed on Saturday.
True! He was really talking like one who wasn't prepared to give a proper press conference. In my opinion, it's really a shame that the APC chose someone like him to be their candidate tbh.

(1) (Reply)

Weird News: Two Men To Marry A Woman In Kenya / Gov. Ambode Planting Flowers And Painting Pots, Not Creating Wealth / Awesome RARE Daring Pics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.