Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Thinking Out Loud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thinking Out Loud (1393 Views)

Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Thinking Out Loud! / Thinking Out Loud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
A very close friend of mine almost got raped last week... She cringe every time she remember the horrible scene...

So now I'm thinking...

Is God literally present at a rape scene? Does he
literally see the perpetrator begin to accost the
victim, does he watch the rapist see his act through
and does he watch all this with a clear conscience
and not raise a finger to help? All in the name of
'freewill'?

(Image unrelated)

Please don't comment if you have anger issues

Cheers

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
Because we're all given a "choice" so He watches and doesn't do anything smiley
Re: Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:
Because we're all given a "choice" so He watches and doesn't do anything smiley

Why doesn't God intervene ?
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
How can God be present at a rape scene?
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
xerxesII:

Why doesn't God intervene ?

Because he's testing us smiley
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:
How can God be present at a rape scene?

Because he's everywhere at all times.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

God is the rapist , he is also the one getting raped , as
he is 'omnipresent'.

The only thing we can conclude from this is that God
is a special kind of kinky.
No?
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

His pressence? shocked
I believe its He sees all things. And like its known,every mam shall receive accordingly to the work of his hand.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't like doing rationaling the sort of situations cuz it's messy and emotionally tangled, but I'll try.

If we are to presume an Ominiscient being is watching us and is seeing the rape occuring, that does not mean he's impotent. One can arguably say that the rape was part of his plan; perhaps the act was commited so as to prevent any more damaging acts to the persona in future. And as such, the maxim "God works in mysterious ways" holds solid.

IF!
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
xerxesII:

God is the rapist , he is also the one getting raped , as
he is 'omnipresent'.

The only thing we can conclude from this is that God
is a special kind of kinky.
No?

Technically it's not the work of God. He just let it happen.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

His pressence? shocked
I believe its He sees all things. And like its known,every mam shall receive accordingly to the work of his hand.

Yeah. Except Jesus died for our sins so it's all G smiley
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
I don't like doing rationaling the sort of situations cuz it's messy and emotionally tangled, but I'll try.

If we are to presume an Ominiscient being is watching us and is seeing the rape occuring, that does not mean he's impotent. One can arguably say that the rape was part of his plan;{b} perhaps the act was commited so as to prevent any more damaging acts to the persona in future.{/b} And as such, the maxim "God works in mysterious ways" holds solid.

IF!
I have come to notice that thing amongst women that have been raped.They have a strong personality and they tend not to open their legs to anyone except they are very very convinced you genuinely love them.
Although,it may not be absolute,but the ones I know?
They are quite disciplined concerning sex matters.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

Yeah. Except Jesus died for our sins so it's all G smiley
Hmm,you and this your subliminals.
Jesus dying for the grace of which you can be absolved of your sins. Doesn't mean you won't pay penance for your sin on earth but you will make heaven.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

Hmm,you and this your subliminals.
Jesus dying for the grace of which you can be absolved of your sins. Doesn't mean you won't pay penance for your sin on earth but you will make heaven.

Ehm no many sinners live a very happy life and die happy too smiley smiley smiley.

Guess Hitler is going heaven too smiley.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

undecided
YourMain:

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

Ehm no many sinners live a very happy life and die happy too smiley smiley smiley.

Guess Hitler is going heaven too smiley.

For someone who is absolved of sin through Christ will pau his penance on earth,not the one who did not.repent.
Hitler will get his penance in hell,and you and I haven't seen what that is like yet.
Moreover ,if you keep with God,evil things cannot befall you except its appointed by God and he has graced you with the strength to endure.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
xerxesII:
undecided

There'd be no point to see if we are worthy of heaven of God can command us on what to do.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

There'd be no point to see if we are worthy of heaven of God can command us on what to do.

Really

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

For someone who is absolved of sin through Christ will pau his penance on earth,not the one who did not.repent.
Hitler will get his penance in hell,and you and I haven't seen what that is like yet.
Moreover ,if you keep with God,evil things cannot befall you except its appointed by God and he has graced you with the strength to endure.

Sigh.

Jesus died for everyones sin. I don't recall him saying apart from Hitler. Why would you repent if someone already died for your sins ? There is no sins to repent for.

If someone said to you here's a piece of cloth, you can do as much as you want to it and it'll never get dirty cause I have washed it with my "divineness" Why would you go wash the cloth ?

Evil things happen to good people all the time. People that can't handle it.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

Sigh.

Jesus died for everyones sin. I don't recall him saying apart from Hitler. Why would you repent if someone already died for your sins ? There is no sins to repent for.

If someone said to you here's a piece of cloth, you can do as much as you want to it and it'll never get dirty cause I have washed it with my "divineness" Why would you go wash the cloth ?

Evil things happen to good people all the time. People that can't handle it.
Please these views you are spouting are in no way what Christianity teaches.
My own Christianity ,taught me Jesus died for everyone sins for those who believe in him and are willing to repent. Meaning Hitler sins would have been forgiven if he sought for forgiveness through the blood of Jesus. That's why it is said ,shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!. Meaning no one should take the grace of Jesus through his blood and go on wanton indulgence of sinful acts. In romans it says, "I beseech you brethren be ye transformed by the renewing of your faith...." That is after repentance,you are to seek the holy spirit to constantly renew your spirit and not fall back into sin.Not sitting down and saying that Jesus blood is there to forgive me. That would be taking God for a fool!
Evil things don't happen to good people who keep faith with God,and if they do,they have the strength to endure they just don't know it.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

Please these views you are spouting are in no way what Christianity teaches.
My own Christianity ,taught me Jesus died for everyone sins for those who believe in him and are willing to repent. Meaning Hitler sins would have been forgiven if he sought for forgiveness through the blood of Jesus. That's why it is said ,shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! meaning no one should take the grace of Jesus through his blood and go on wanton indulgence of sinful acts. In romans it says, "I beseech you brethren be he transformed by the renewing of your faith...." That is after repentance,you are to seek the holy spirit and not fall back into sin.Not sitting down and saying that Jesus blood is there to forgive me. That would be taking God for a fool!
Evil things don't happen to good people who keep faith with God,and if they do,they have the strength to endure they just don't know it.

lol. Okay smiley. Tell yourself that. That's why perfectly good people end up getting raped and killing themselves yeah ?

You can't just pick and choose what your religion says.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

lol. Okay smiley. Tell yourself that. That's why perfectly good people end up getting raped and killing themselves yeah ?

You can't just pick and choose what your religion says.
Pick and choose? Thats the truth of the matter I have stated. Whosoever told you otherwise,gave you a completely false teaching. If you feel I have selectively picked so and so to back my argument ,prove it!.

Ok,am not God so, I will remain neutral concerning rape victims and them being killed. I pray God answers you tho.
And my heart goes out to all such victims that God grant the succor.Cause only God can wipe away pains and replace it with joy.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

Pick and choose? Thats the truth of the matter I have stated. Whosoever told you otherwise,gave you a completely false teaching. If you feel I have selectively picked so and so to back my argument ,prove it!.

Ok,am not God so, I will remain neutral concerning rape victims and them being killed. I pray God answers you tho.
And my heart goes out to all such victims that God grant the succor.Cause only God can wipe away pains and replace it with joy.

How does that make any sense at all ? If Jesus died for your sins then you have no sins. You are repenting for nothing. What are you repenting. It's cancelled out. There's no sin. Unless God is confused.

They died. They had so much sorrow they killed themselves. Did God forget to replace their pains with joy ?
Re: Thinking Out Loud by analice107: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
OK, Yourmain.
You were a. Muslim, then atheist. What are you now?
You want to start preaching the Bible upside down now? You lost your faith in Christianity or Islam? I see you meddling in our affairs, why not talk about Allah who failed you? You never owed any allegiance to Jesus, so He couldn't have failed you.
Talk about your child staffing prophet.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

How does that make any sense at all ? If Jesus died for your sins then you have no sins. You are repenting for nothing. What are you repenting. It's cancelled out. There's no sin. Unless God is confused.

They died. They had so much sorrow they killed themselves. Did God forget to replace their pains with joy ?

You are distorting what I stated earlier. Jesus died for your sins but before his blood will work to cleanse your sin you have to accept him and repent. Its that simple and straightforward, what sense doesn't it make? T
The blood is just there,a form of grace that you have to accept. Its not automatic,else that would be you taking God for a fool.

See concerning this rape issue, I am not God. I do not know how he is going to wipe their pains and replace them with joy just as I do not know how he created this earth. But I pray he does even tho such victims may have lost faith in God.
Also, I would like for us to drop the rape issue cause you making me feel like I should burst out into the street and start some miracle on them or like we let such things happen to them. I feel sorry for them , but I am not aware I have the power to help them through their pain.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by xerxesII: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:
OK, Yourmain.
You want to start preaching the Bible upside down now? You lost your faith in Christianity or Islam? I see you meddling in our affairs, why not talk about Allah who failed you? You never owed any allegiance to Jesus, so He couldn't have failed you.

Are you related to _HCpaul in anyway? Because you guys sound dumb as _fuck! Ask anybody
But I think you're dumber tho...

Answer the op and stop attacking people...
Damn
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
blublahd:

You are distorting what I stated earlier. Jesus died for your sins but before his blood will work to cleanse your sin you have to accept him and repent. Its that simple and straightforward, what sense doesn't it make? T
The blood is just there,a form of grace that you have to accept. Its not automatic,else that would be you taking God for a fool.

See concerning this rape issue, I am not God. I do not know how he is going to wipe their pains and replace them with joy just as I do not know how he created this earth. But I pray he does even tho such victims may have lost faith in God.
Also, I would like for us to drop the rape issue cause you making me feel like I should burst out into the street and start some miracle on them or like we let such things happen to them. I feel sorry for them , but I am not aware I have the power to help them through their pain.

But I honestly honestly do not understand how one can repent when they already have a clean slate. Jesus died for our sins years before I was born so I have no sins to repent.

What sins am I repenting for ? Jesus already died for them.

I apologise I didn't mean to make you feel that way.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:
OK, Yourmain.

I was never an atheist. And the op said God. Muslims believe in God smiley.

You may explain it to me too if you wish smiley
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
YourMain:

But I honestly honestly do not understand how one can repent when they already have a clean slate. Jesus died for our sins years before I was born so I have no sins to repent.

What sins am I repenting for ? Jesus already died for them.

I apologise I didn't mean to make you feel that way.
What clean slate? No such thing oh. Your sin dey with you, stand well by your side. Until you repent and accept him,only then is the slate wiped clean.
However if you backslide into sin,you have to ask again and seek for the holy spirit to guide you from sin.
Re: Thinking Out Loud by AyamConfidence(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Why bad things happen to even good people...i'l give just two reasons:

1) The world is under the influence of Satan: When our first parents rebelled against God in Eden, they chose a path for themselves away from God and so they put themselves and by extension we their children under the control of Satan who does not want anything good for people who want to please God and so the Devil brings different obstacles our way to weaken us from serving God...God allows some of these things to happen but he never allows any temptation beyond what we can bear to come upon us as he always provides a life line

2) Time and unforseen happenings befall us all: Today, without God as our protective ruler, lots of disasters happen, they are unexpected evens but we must also try to be more careful as we live in a world controlled by Satan...always try to avoid dangerous situations and always pray for God's protection #PEACE
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
blublahd:

What clean slate? No such thing oh. Your sin dey with you, stand well by your side. Until you repent and accept him,only then is the slate wiped clean.
However if you backslide into sin,you have to ask again and seek for the holy spirit to guide you from sin.

So what sins did Jesus die for ?
Re: Thinking Out Loud by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
YourMain:

So what sins did Jesus die for ?
All sins except that against the Holy Spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Do Deeper Life Members Speak In Tongues? / Tomb Of Jesus Opens For First Time Since 1555 AD / Meet Reigning Gospel Music Ministers From Igede Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.