Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry (8853 Views)

2003 Toyota Corolla S Vs 2003 Honda Accord / Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed / Choice Of A First Car: 2001 Peugeot 406 Vs 2003 Mercedes Benz C230 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good evening nlers. I am stuck between the decision to purchase one of these 3 cars. They are of the same brand and relatively about same price. Please kindly advice on the one that you think is appropriate for a single guy in his mid 20's. Please give reasons and if you own any, kindly state which.
Very useful contributions are welcomed. Thank you.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
Go for the 2003 camry the remaining two na woman motor.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
dumo1:
Go for the 2003 camry the remaining two na woman motor.

I need more info as to the engines, maintenance, etc not just looks alone.
Thanks for your comment.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Philadelphia:

I need more info as to the engines, maintenance, etc not just looks alone.
Thanks for your comment.

it's a Toyota so definitely the parts are everywhere as per maintainances not too expensive, just Pls follow the car manual 2 the latter and change engine oil, plugs , oil filter as @ when due, don't ignore the warning lights on your dashboard when they pop up and pay attention to squeaks and noises, very important. Do all these and u will have a stress free life. Take care of your car as you would your wife and your car will take very good care of you in return. By the way which of the 3 vehicles is your heart yearning for?
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Go for corolla for ur fuel economy,woofer rear speakers, 6 loader cd player, strong,cheap to maintend and better second hand value than camry and matrix
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Go for corolla for ur fuel economy,woofer rear speakers, 6 loader cd player, strong,cheap to maintend and better second hand value than camry and matrix(assuming both a/c works)
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
dumo1:

it's a Toyota so definitely the parts are everywhere as per maintainances not too expensive, just Pls follow the car manual 2 the latter and change engine oil, plugs , oil filter as @ when due, don't ignore the warning lights on your dashboard when they pop up and pay attention to squeaks and noises, very important. Do all these and u will have a stress free life. Take care of your car as you would your wife and your car will take very good care of you in return. By the way which of the 3 vehicles is your heart yearning for?

The corolla. I drove my supervisor's own and men, the acceleration was sweet despite its a 1.8l engine.
Could it have same acceleration with matrix?
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Asapcymg:
Go for corolla for ur fuel economy,woofer rear speakers, 6 loader cd player, strong,cheap to maintend and better second hand value than camry and matrix(assuming both a/c works)

Thanks
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

The corolla. I drove my supervisor's own and men, the acceleration was sweet despite its a 1.8l engine.

So if you drive the Toyota XRS model what will you say then? I drove one sometime ago and superb is the definition for it.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by lonelydora: 4:15am On Jan 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

Corolla and Matrix are the same car with different body shape.

4 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2016
dumo1:

So if you drive the Toyota XRS model what will you say then? I drove one sometime ago and superb is the definition for it.

The XRS model is of the matrix right?
How much would a 2003 - 2005 model cost for tokunboh?
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2016
Asapcymg:
Go for corolla for ur fuel economy,woofer rear speakers, 6 loader cd player, strong,cheap to maintend and better second hand value than camry and matrix

Camry has the best sound system out of those 3, plus it's a step up over the Corolla

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2016
lonelydora:

Corolla and Matrix are the same car with different body shape.

That's correct, the Matrix is a Wagon Corolla

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

The XRS model is of the matrix right?
How much would a 2003 - 2005 model cost for tokunboh?

BTW 1.2m - 1.5m you will get a very clean one but do ask nairaland car dealers to get the exact prices.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

Camry has the best sound system out of those 3, plus it's a step up over the Corolla
u mean Big for nothing hav swags over corolla? Don't compare them. Note we are not referring to camry muscle but Big for nothing
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Asapcymg:
u mean Big for nothing hav swags over corolla? Don't compare them. Note we are not referring to camry muscle but Big for nothing

You are right, they shouldn't be compared as the Camry has a superior suspension, chassis and ride quality. The 5th generation Camry/Lexus ES of this time were one of the best ever made.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2016
Thanks all for your contributions so far.
To get things complicated even the more, someone asked me to get a Mercedes w202 (1999 - 2000) C230 kompressor sport or C280 sport instead of a Toyota. Please gurus, help me with advice as this is gonna be my first car. Thank you.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by rockiedink(m): 7:35am On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:
To get things complicated even the more, someone asked me to get a Mercedes w202 (1999 - 2000) C230 kompressor sport or C280 sport instead of a Toyota. Please gurus, help me with advice as this is gonna be my first car. Thank you.

Brother, if it's your first car, I'll seriously advice you stick with a Toyota. Don't go with the Merc, even though it isn't a bad car. But over time, you might come not to like it.

As your first car, you want one that'll be forgiving if you make small mistakes, treat it roughly or abuse it quite badly. The Merc - in fact all German cars generally don't like or want that kind of abuse.

When you have learnt and mastered all the nuances of car ownership, you can then go German.

Back to your original question, the Camry is a step up over the Corolla and not in the same league. It's like saying just because they are students in the same school, a JSS 3 boy is the same as an SSS 3 boy. We all know they aren't!

Anyone you choose will serve you fine; you're getting the fabled Toyota reliability.

Good luck bruv!

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

This is a new year and youre still indecisive about what you want, allowing people to push you from corolla to matrix to CAMRY and now to c230k and c280. Soon they'll tell you to go do a rover 75.

Don't worry, keep waiting, if at this stage you don't know what you want and can't do independent indepth research on the various cars you wish to have na you sabi. Well, wait for folks behind a keyboard to come and connive to convince and confuse you. Well nothing concern me.

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

since subsidy is no more, it is wise idea to option fo fuel economy car.see how my Accord is sucking me, will not wait any more to Corolla 06 Asap

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:
do you earn more than 200K per month? If no run for your life from that kompressor coz of heart break such as a/c problem,brain box,air flow meter etc

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 8:28am On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
since subsidy is no more, it is wise idea to option fo fuel economy car.see how my Accord is sucking me, will not wait any more to Corolla 06 Asap

If you are looking for a car good on fuel consumption, here are some things you must know!

1. Corolla has better MPG
2. Camry has a much larger fuel tank, 18.5 gal vs. 12 gal
3. Overall you will pay less for Corolla petro on a yearly basis, but it won't be much different.

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
rockiedink:

Brother, if it's your first car, I'll seriously advice you stick with a Toyota. Don't go with the Merc, even though it isn't a bad car. But over time, you might come not to like it.

As your first car, you want one that'll be forgiving if you make small mistakes, treat it roughly or abuse it quite badly. The Merc - in fact all German cars generally don't like or want that kind of abuse.

When you have learnt and mastered all the nuances of car ownership, you can then go German.

Back to your original question, the Camry is a step up over the Corolla and not in the same league. It's like saying just because they are students in the same school, a JSS 3 boy is the same as an SSS 3 boy. We all know they aren't!

Anyone you choose will serve you fine; you're getting the fabled Toyota reliability.

Good luck bruv!

Thanks very much, I had decided on the camry a long time ago I just need more reviews on these other cars.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

This is a new year and youre still indecisive about what you want, allowing people to push you from corolla to matrix to CAMRY and now to c230k and c280. Soon they'll tell you to go do a rover 75.

Don't worry, keep waiting, if at this stage you don't know what you want and can't do independent indepth research on the various cars you wish to have na you sabi. Well, wait for folks behind a keyboard to come and connive to convince and confuse you. Well nothing concern me.

Well, no thanks to your opinion as it was not needed nor sought for. Have you heard of "brainstorming"? Well, we that live in the 21st century are very familiar with that but I doubt if you've ever engaged in that activity before. Oops! Just remembered you're not even from our planet.
Thanks for stopping by. You can now move on to another thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

If you are looking for a car good on fuel consumption, here are some things you must know!

3. Overall you will pay less for Corolla petro on a yearly basis, but it won't be much different.

Thanks so much. I appreciate you.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
do you earn more than 200K per month? If no run for your life from that kompressor coz of heart break such as a/c problem,brain box,air flow meter etc

What about the c280?

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

Well, no thanks to your opinion as it was not needed nor sought for. Have you heard of "brainstorming"? Well, we that live in the 21st century are very familiar with that but I doubt if you've ever engaged in that activity before. Oops! Just remembered you're not even from our planet.
Thanks for stopping by. You can now move on to another thread.

Lmao, are you getting upset because im being frank and honest?
C'mon dude, learn to leave with it.
Mr earthling, if you so much know about brainstorming, why are you having brain distortion now?
You asked for opinion from anonymous nairalanders instead of even going around to ask for real people who you see using these vehicles and you feel I should keep mute? Oya mr dictator come seize my keyboard na. I no go leave this thread even if you call PMB to come probe me. I wan see the worst you go do.
Thanks 'mr brainstorming earthling'.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by auhanson(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Just stopping by. My bro, buy anything your heart want that will give u comfort and satisfaction. Something that will give you that much desired aura and pragmatic feel. Life isn't straight as thought, when you get to the cross road you will learn how to cross it.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

What about the c280?
is better but not d shape is not stylish as c230 and c240
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

my points for corolla are 1. Fuel economy 2. Better second hand value 3. 6 cd loader stereo 4.woofer sound system 5. No airflow sensor problem 6. Cheap spare part 7. No gear box problem compared to camry 03 8. Beautiful interior and exterior 9. Corolla is the world larger automobile sold

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
my points for corolla are 1. Fuel economy 2. Better second hand value 3. 6 cd loader stereo 4.woofer sound system 5. No airflow sensor problem 6. Cheap spare part 7. No gear box problem compared to camry 03 8. Beautiful interior and exterior 9. Corolla is the world larger automobile sold

As aformentioned, Camry has a far better Sound system. You have a 6 disc CD changer with 6 - 8 speakers (8 speakers for JBL, 6 for standard). Camry does not have an airflow problem. Also Corolla resale value isn't higher. Camry engines are quite reliable. Camry has a bettter interior than the Corolla, it's a more expensive car......Corolla has never been better than Camry that just doesn't happen. It's like saying Camry is better than the Avalon.

Your point for fuel economy is correct. Same as cheaper spare parts.

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

Lmao, are you getting upset because im being frank and honest?
C'mon dude, learn to leave with it.
Mr earthling, if you so much know about brainstorming, why are you having brain distortion now?
You asked for opinion from anonymous nairalanders instead of even going around to ask for real people who you see using these vehicles and you feel I should keep mute? Oya mr dictator come seize my keyboard na. I no go leave this thread even if you call PMB to come probe me. I wan see the worst you go do.
Thanks 'mr brainstorming earthling'.

Seems you're the one being upset. From what you posted, you have further proven that you know nothing about brainstorming. FYI, I've discussed with friends who own and do not own any of these vehicles and not just 'people' (shows you lack ethics) face-to-face aside on NL. I needed to help others who may still be in same dilemma of choice via an online forum while getting other views here too. You that mentioned research earlier do not even know what "online search/ research" is. Oh! Pardon me, you're still in another planet and living backwards. @ The bolded.... You just displayed your level of understanding and I'm happy to inform you that you'd be ignored hence since your level of understanding is way lower than what mine was about 20 years ago.
#UpgradeYourSense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Government To Employ 1,000 Graduates As Bus Conductors / Fuel Consumption Reduction Using Camphor / Maintenanace Tips This Austere Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.