Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,056 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry (8894 Views)

2003 Toyota Corolla S Vs 2003 Honda Accord / Corolla Vs Camry Andid Advice Needed / Choice Of A First Car: 2001 Peugeot 406 Vs 2003 Mercedes Benz C230 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

If you are looking for a car good on fuel consumption, here are some things you must know!

1. Corolla has better MPG
2. Camry has a much larger fuel tank, 18.5 gal vs. 12 gal
3. Overall you will pay less for Corolla petro on a yearly basis, but it won't be much different.

Thanks so much. This piece of yours is highly invaluable.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
auhanson:
Just stopping by. My bro, buy anything your heart want that will give u comfort and satisfaction. Something that will give you that much desired aura and pragmatic feel. Life isn't straight as thought, when you get to the cross road you will learn how to cross it.

Thank you very much
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

Seems you're the one being upset. From what you posted, you have further proven that you know nothing about brainstorming. FYI, I've discussed with friends who own and do not own any of these vehicles and not just 'people' (shows you lack ethics) face-to-face aside on NL. I needed to help others who may still be in same dilemma of choice via an online forum while getting other views here too. You that mentioned research earlier do not even know what "online search/ research" is. Oh! Pardon me, you're still in another planet and living backwards. @ The bolded.... You just displayed your level of understanding and I'm happy to inform you that you'd be ignored hence since your level of understanding is way lower than what mine was about 20 years ago.
#UpgradeYourSense.

after all these your brainstorming you still get dilema shows how shallow and skewed your brain is. Oh i know youre an earth being, it seems recent economic downturn coupled with crisis poppin here and there has affected your pea sized brain. But you should take a space flight to the Sun (thats if you can), that star is where i inhabit.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
is better but not d shape is not stylish as c230 and c240

You sound like you own / have used a benz. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

Thanks so much. This piece of yours is highly invaluable.

No problem I have owned a 2008 Corolla, 2007 Camry and 2003 Camry so I have experience with these cars. The 2008 Corolla is just a newer version of the 2003 Corolla (same generation).

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
my points for corolla are 1. Fuel economy 2. Better second hand value 3. 6 cd loader stereo 4.woofer sound system 5. No airflow sensor problem 6. Cheap spare part 7. No gear box problem compared to camry 03 8. Beautiful interior and exterior 9. Corolla is the world larger automobile sold

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

As aformentioned, Camry has a far better Sound system. You have a 6 disc CD changer with 6 - 8 speakers (8 speakers for JBL, 6 for standard). Camry does not have an airflow problem. Also Corolla resale value isn't higher. Camry engines are quite reliable. Camry has a bettter interior than the Corolla, it's a more expensive car......Corolla has never been better than Camry that just doesn't happen. It's like saying Camry is better than the Avalon.

Your point for fuel economy is correct. Same as cheaper spare parts.
to maintain a car in nigeria two things are considered fuel economy and cheap spare parts

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

You sound like you own / have used a benz. Thanks.
my senior brother and most of his freinds own c230 2003 model

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
to maintain a car in nigeria two things are considered fuel economy and cheap spare parts

Correct, my point though is that since both cars are at the pinnacle of reliability you won't necessarily have to worry about either or. Toyota cars are without a doubt some of (if not the most reliable in the world).

What it boils down to is if he is willing to sacrifice some better gas mileage for ride comfort, better handling, smoother and quieter ride, more space, better sound system, optional leather wood trim and navigation, JBL sound system, etc. etc. for simplicity.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
Very true

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

Correct, my point though is that since both cars are at the pinnacle of reliability you won't necessarily have to worry about either or. Toyota cars are without a doubt some of (if not the most reliable in the world).

What it boils down to is if he is willing to sacrifice some better gas mileage for ride comfort, better handling, smoother and quieter ride, more space, better sound system, optional leather wood trim and navigation, JBL sound system, etc. etc. for simplicity.

Yes I am very ready to sacrifice all those. cry
Where is the alter please? wink

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
Philadelphia:

ROFLLLLL
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

for all this qualities he should, I think his benz c280 or c240 are better especially the exterior swags
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Fulaman198(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Asapcymg:
for all this qualities he should, I think his benz c280 or c240 are better especially the exterior swags

Not everyone wants a Benz though because they are expensive to repair. Not everyone see cars as a tool to brag/boast about. I see them simply as a utility tool to get me from Point A to Point B in a reliable sense. I have family members with Mercedes and they pay through their nose to get repairs.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
Fulaman198:

Not everyone wants a Benz though because they are expensive to repair. Not everyone see cars as a tool to brag/boast about. I see them simply as a utility tool to get me from Point A to Point B in a reliable sense. I have family members with Mercedes and they pay through their nose to get repairs.
that's it

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by DGD1(m): 6:19am On Jan 10, 2016
Philadelphia:

it's @ ur dealers table.
just get yourself the camry, then you are good to go.
camry's fuel economy is great, I use two models; pencil (generation before yours) and muscle (generation after yours).
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by carblognaija: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2016
I will advise you go for the Camry. One thing you should check when buying a car is engine performance, second-hand value, availability of parts and fuel efficiency. Between Camry and Corolla, they both have good engnes, they both have second-hand value. The fuel economy of Corolla is slightly better. The parts for both is available and cheap but Corolla is a bit more expensive simply because those auto parts dealers have termed it the Bank car because its the official car of most Nigerian Banks and once they hear Corolla they tend to jack up the price a bit. All-in-all, I will chose the Camry over Corolla especially if its your first car and because I've had a wonderful experience with it.

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by carblognaija: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2016
DGD1:

it's @ ur dealers table.
just get yourself the camry, then you are good to go.
camry's fuel economy is great, I use two models; pencil (generation before yours) and muscle (generation after yours).

3 gbosa for you bros! There is nothing like giving an advise based on your experience rather than hearsay. Fuel efficiency might be better in Corolla but its not everything and like I have stated the difference is not significant. I have used a 2003 Camry and my big bros owns a Corolla. I have used both cars and we have compared our experiences often. From all the cars I have used and driven, Camry has won my admiration because of better handling and stability.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
carblognaija:

3 gbosa for you bros! There is nothing like giving an advise based on your experience rather than hearsay. Fuel efficiency might be better in Corolla but its not everything and like I have stated the difference is not significant. I have used a 2003 Camry and my big bros owns a Corolla. I have used both cars and we have compared our experiences often. From all the cars I have used and driven, Camry has won my admiration because of better handling and stability.

Thanks
carblognaija:
I will advise you go for the Camry. One thing you should check when buying a car is engine performance, second-hand value, availability of parts and fuel efficiency. Between Camry and Corolla, they both have good engnes, they both have second-hand value. The fuel economy of Corolla is slightly better. The parts for both is available and cheap but Corolla is a bit more expensive simply because those auto parts dealers have termed it the Bank car because its the official car of most Nigerian Banks and once they hear Corolla they tend to jack up the price a bit. All-in-all, I will chose the Camry over Corolla especially if its your first car and because I've had a wonderful experience with it.

Thank you.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks everyone (who gave responses), as for those who viewed or wanted to derail the thread, no thanks. I may just give you a ride in my camry after I purchase it.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by Philadelphia: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
I am picking the camry.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Philadelphia:
I am picking the camry.

whats your priorities for buying and owning a car?
Prove to us youre no longer having a dilema because a camry is bland, whearas a honda, mazda, nissan, bmw, mercedes is fun to drive. Its big and fugly and the only thing going for it is reliability which is subjective (based on how previous owners and environment impacted on it), a Honda, Mazda, Nissan is also reliable.
Hondas and mercs and beemers are beautiful than that wayward boring fleet taxi cab of a camry.

About you picking derailers in your car, i'd decline and rather choose a ride on a camel back.
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by DGD1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Philadelphia:
I am picking the camry.

welcome on board!
I pray men of the underworld won't set eyes on it.
cheers bro
Re: 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry by DGD1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
kingreign:

whats your priorities for buying and owning a car?
Prove to us youre no longer having a dilema because a camry is bland, whearas a honda, mazda, nissan, bmw, mercedes is fun to drive. Its big and fugly and the only thing going for it is reliability which is subjective (based on how previous owners and environment impacted on it), a Honda, Mazda, Nissan is also reliable.
Hondas and mercs and beemers are beautiful than that wayward boring fleet taxi cab of a camry.

About you picking derailers in your car, i'd decline and rather choose a ride on a camel back.

Oga mike, leave the bro naa,

just let it go

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / How To Restore A Flooded Car's Engine. / Share Your First Car Bashing Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.