Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef (5029 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / The Best Drogba Hair Cut Ever - Chelsea Fans No Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Jackal(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2006
@ tosinadeda,

Etoo won't be judged on his performances in the last quarter of the year.
He would be judged based on his performances from January till September.
In that period, he clinched the pichichi, UEFA champions league medal and the La Liga title.
Who can forget his winning goal against Chelski and his equaliser against the gunners in the finals of Champions league.
He single-handedly sent Jens Lehmann off the pitch within 15 minutes of play and so on n forth.

Etoo is the best pure striker in the world.
He has played as the central striker as well as on either wing in an attempt to stymie teams who man-mark the Barca front three.
In 2005/06 season he became the first player since the 1990 season to score 50 goals over 2 seasons in the history of La Liga.
It might seem i am sounding a bit biased but Etoo's amazing records cannot be over-looked
He uses both feet efficiently and can play anywhere in the front role UNLIKE Drogba.
Etoo is a distinguished striker well known for his outstanding positional awareness and shooting techniques.
He is the king of Africa.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2006
What of the acn and the wc? Dnt they count also? Or didnt the fall btwn jan to sep
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Jackal(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2006
@ tosinadeda,
Thanx for reminding me.
He was the top scorer at the ACN 2006.
His country did not feature at the world cup but he has la liga's golden boot under his belt to neutralise that.
Champions league medal and La liga's medal are also his achievements.

Can u say that about Drogba? Nah.
Drogba has only scored 27 goals for Chelsea in all competitions and this is his 3rd season. What a poor return for a striker?
Etoo scored 25 goals in La Liga alone last season so the DIFFERENCE is bloody clear except fpr some myopic and pretensious souls on NL.
Compare Drogba to Etoo? Try Eedris and 50 cent. grin
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2006
thanks tosinadeda. need i tell u dt DROGBA'S UNCLE converted him from a defender to a striker, d opposite of kolo toure.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2006
Back 2 d point u made ealier,an injured etoo cant b d best striker at the moment like u posed earlier

thats my point
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Jackal(m): 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2006
He is the best in the world at the moment.
His records still live after him as he is the 1st player to score more than 50 goals in 2 seasons in the Spanish league since 1990.
Ronaldo, Raul, David Villa, Diego Forlan, Zidane, Figo, Morientes, Saviola, Fernando Torres and many more strikers could not achieve this feat.
This record alone without other achievements has set him higher than any striker in the world at the moment.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by emforsuhaz(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2006
PLEASE!!!don,t impose ur opinion on us, undecidedis being the best all about just scoring [off side goals n rebounces] did u say defend [does defending entail causing penalties] any way ur opinion counts to u but learn to watch good fotball.there r many other ivorians who r far more better han him eg Aruna Dindane,KONE,eboue not to talk of smart african players like Esien n papa eto,o
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2006
Hmmn, na wah o! At this time and age imagine the different kinds of analyses we have on Nland?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by tosinadeda: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2006
@jackal
he is not playing at the moment,so how come he is the best at the moment?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2006
You guys have omit someone in your discussion, Our own Papilo.

No club he goes without making an impact and not a big club since he left Arsenal, common he is too good.

So i think he should be given the African footballer of the year to compensate him for his effort and performances.

Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2006
Atimes i wonder how some people reason! Amodu did you say that 'tongue in cheek'?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2006
What do you mean by that , are you saying that Kanu did not deserve it?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2006
Amodu, pls once in a while try and hide away your ignorance abeg!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2006
Hide it for what?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2006
Ok, keep exhibiting your ignorance then whilst i pretend as if i dont notice! Kanu African footballer of the year? Tell prior to the start of the season what his perfomances were? Abeg Oga Amodu i think i will pretend as if u weren't serious!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2006
Why cant you guys cherish what you have for goodness sake Drogba is my man and i think he also deserve it but i tip Papilo.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2006
You are on your own (O.Y.O) lol, it seems you dont mind being made d laffing stock around. Papillo ko Nwankwo ni! Lol
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2006
All i know is that Papilo is the man who deserve it.

Why can't they also go to small club and made an impact like Kanu is doing now then i will know they are the best.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by vichel(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2006
@ lordimpaq what da f**K didn't u understand in my post, listen drogba is the best as at now,i said i f**ckin dislike chelsea what is your deal abi na u own am?. The comment about disliking chelsea was a responce to the first poster who made a comment that chelsea's haters would disagree with his views that Drogba is indeed the best striker. So why the heck did u pick my post to analyse. I watch the same matche that u do and i stand by my earlier comment that Didier Drogba is still the best striker in world at the moment, u can take that to the bank brother angry angry angry
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 5:59am On Oct 31, 2006
hate chelsea- but LOVE DROGBA. that's made me GLAD. Amodu y waste ur time REPLYING that lil' twerp? he's probably a prospective waec/jamb/gce candidate OR AWAITING ADMISSION who doesn't listen to correction and finds the best joy in miffing fellas, 've gotta counsellor wu'll need2 teach u aw2 interact with people and RESPECT 'EM.IS HE INTERESTED? I NEED'NT UR REPLY COS DS IS MY LAST REPLY2 U, I'LL JUST PRACTICE WT I PREACH BY TAKING D MATURED STEP AND NOT ANSWER U- BLASPHEMOUS ME shld b ur signature!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2006
Drogba or Kanu
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2006
smileyOMO 4get say I love DROGBA THE GREAT. But 4 that one chariry begins @ home-KING KANU kiss
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by pucho(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2006
Congratulations for being part of a youthful team, minus henry and lehmann

who cares if u like them, that statement is of hatred and totally unnecessary, it is just an unwarranted need of attention

currently the best striker in africa not the world, because u've forgotten the likes of david villa and d revived fernando morientes of valencia, Ruud van nistelrooy, Militio, Peter Odemwingie, miroslav klose, pauleta, well its understandable, its because your scope does not extend the shores of england, and maybe you're restricting your view of football to the english premiership,

or did someone tell u that if u play and win the best premiership player u automaticall become world footballer of the year, (sighs) mistake man, mistake,

people say, man,, what is your own opinion of him,

well in my own opinion i think you are influenced by what people say and u also ride on other people's opinion rather than making your own judgement of such situations as these,

and u sound confused with this
what else is a striker supposed to do,

man, you're confused.

finally don't blame for this, its just me, but your posts were too, men i don;t know the word for it, go find out,

i love u man, i really do,

First i dont know whats up with the chap that made the post above. You claim someone is confused but you sound rather confused yourself read your post again.

I'm rather disapponinted about the calibre of some of the posts here on this matter.

The issue is this On a good day Etoo is a better finisher than Drogba agreed , but Take this into consideration the award is giving out based on performance within the year and the performance of national team and country count as well. Yeah Eto won the Champions league, league and stuff , but Drogba won a league and cup double got to the knockout of champions league, final of nations cup and scored his nations first ever goal at the world cup. Let me drag you guys back a while 2002 Ronaldo had a horrible year but a great world cup and won the Fifa award. The world cup counts a lot and Etoo did not feature. Thier are more deserving players than Etoo and Drogba but alas they are not strikers but "mere" defenders, goal keepers and "non scoring" midfielders (DM's) . these guys do all the dirty work and do not get any credit. as per Drogba being the best Striker in the world oh no i'm sorry he is not, cos he is not even the best in the premeirship which ever way you want to look at it . yes he is presently on form and has a high work rate but let's not even go into that. The only reason i say he should get the award is because of the partial selection criria that does not include "mere" defenders, goal keepers and "non scoring" midfielders (DM's)" and his contribution for Club and country recall my previous post he has saved his team a couple of times and been inspirational for his country. and on a lighter side Etoo will not be allowed to win it 4 straight times. wink
I think the awards are credible but Caf and Fifa can borrow a leaf from the BBC African Footballer of the Year award by allowing football fans across the globe to partake in the selection process, rather than relying on the current method of relying on a panel comprising only of journalists, coaches and players. then Defenders and goal keepers can get a look in as well . take a look at the list of winners of the Caf award how many are Defenders and Keepers.

* 1970 : Salif Keïta Flag of Mali Mali
* 1971 : Ibrahim Sunday Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1972 : Cherif Souleymane Flag of Guinea Guinea
* 1973 : Tshimen Bwanga Zaire
* 1974 : Paul Moukila Flag of Republic of the Congo Republic of the Congo
* 1975 : Ahmed Faras Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1976 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1977 : Tarak Dhiab Flag of Tunisia Tunisia
* 1978 : Karim Abdoul Razak Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1979 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1980 : Jean Manga Onguene Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1981 : Lakhdar Belloumi Flag of Algeria Algeria
* 1982 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1983 : Mahmoud Al Khatib Flag of Egypt Egypt
* 1984 : Theophile Abega Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1985 : Mohamed Timoumi Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1986 : Badou Zaki Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1987 : Rabah Madjer Flag of Algeria Algeria
* 1988 : Kalusha Bwalya Flag of Zambia Zambia
* 1989 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
* 1990 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1991 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1992 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1993 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* Name of Rashidi Yekin was ommitted 1993
* 1994 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia & Emmanuel Amunike Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1995 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
* 1996 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1997 : Victor Ikpeba Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1998 : Mustapha Hadji Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1999 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 2000 : Patrick Mboma Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2001 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
* 2002 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
* 2003 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2004 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2005 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by ehie007(m): 9:09am On Nov 03, 2006
drogba is the best for now

pucho:

Congratulations for being part of a youthful team, minus henry and lehmann

who cares if u like them, that statement is of hatred and totally unnecessary, it is just an unwarranted need of attention

currently the best striker in africa not the world, because u've forgotten the likes of david villa and d revived fernando morientes of valencia, Ruud van nistelrooy, Militio, Peter Odemwingie, miroslav klose, pauleta, well its understandable, its because your scope does not extend the shores of england, and maybe you're restricting your view of football to the english premiership,

or did someone tell u that if u play and win the best premiership player u automaticall become world footballer of the year, (sighs) mistake man, mistake,

people say, man,, what is your own opinion of him,

well in my own opinion i think you are influenced by what people say and u also ride on other people's opinion rather than making your own judgement of such situations as these,

and u sound confused with this
what else is a striker supposed to do,

man, you're confused.

finally don't blame for this, its just me, but your posts were too, men i don;t know the word for it, go find out,

i love u man, i really do,

First i don't know whats up with the chap that made the post above. You claim someone is confused but you sound rather confused yourself read your post again.

I'm rather disapponinted about the calibre of some of the posts here on this matter.

The issue is this On a good day Etoo is a better finisher than Drogba agreed , but Take this into consideration the award is giving out based on performance within the year and the performance of national team and country count as well. Yeah Eto won the Champions league, league and stuff , but Drogba won a league and cup double got to the knockout of champions league, final of nations cup and scored his nations first ever goal at the world cup. Let me drag you guys back a while 2002 Ronaldo had a horrible year but a great world cup and won the Fifa award. The world cup counts a lot and Etoo did not feature. Thier are more deserving players than Etoo and Drogba but alas they are not strikers but "mere" defenders, goal keepers and "non scoring" midfielders (DM's) . these guys do all the dirty work and do not get any credit. as per Drogba being the best Striker in the world oh no i'm sorry he is not, because he is not even the best in the premeirship which ever way you want to look at it . yes he is presently on form and has a high work rate but let's not even go into that. The only reason i say he should get the award is because of the partial selection criria that does not include  "mere" defenders, goal keepers and "non scoring" midfielders (DM's)" and his contribution for Club and country recall my previous post he has saved his team a couple of times and been inspirational for his country. and on a lighter side Etoo will not be allowed to win it 4 straight times.  wink
I think the awards are credible but Caf and Fifa can borrow a leaf from the BBC African Footballer of the Year award by allowing football fans across the globe to partake in the selection process, rather than relying on the current method of relying on a panel comprising only of journalists, coaches and players. then Defenders and goal keepers can get a look in as well . take a look at the list of winners of the Caf award how many are Defenders and Keepers.

* 1970 : Salif Keïta Flag of Mali Mali
    * 1971 : Ibrahim Sunday Flag of Ghana Ghana
    * 1972 : Cherif Souleymane Flag of Guinea Guinea
    * 1973 : Tshimen Bwanga Zaire
    * 1974 : Paul Moukila Flag of Republic of the Congo Republic of the Congo
    * 1975 : Ahmed Faras Flag of Morocco Morocco
    * 1976 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1977 : Tarak Dhiab Flag of Tunisia Tunisia
    * 1978 : Karim Abdoul Razak Flag of Ghana Ghana
    * 1979 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1980 : Jean Manga Onguene Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1981 : Lakhdar Belloumi Flag of Algeria Algeria
    * 1982 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1983 : Mahmoud Al Khatib Flag of Egypt Egypt
    * 1984 : Theophile Abega Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1985 : Mohamed Timoumi Flag of Morocco Morocco
    * 1986 : Badou Zaki Flag of Morocco Morocco
    * 1987 : Rabah Madjer Flag of Algeria Algeria
    * 1988 : Kalusha Bwalya Flag of Zambia Zambia
    * 1989 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
    * 1990 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 1991 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
    * 1992 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
    * 1993 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
    * Name of Rashidi Yekin was ommitted 1993
    * 1994 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia & Emmanuel Amunike Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
    * 1995 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
    * 1996 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
    * 1997 : Victor Ikpeba Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
    * 1998 : Mustapha Hadji Flag of Morocco Morocco
    * 1999 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
    * 2000 : Patrick Mboma Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 2001 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
    * 2002 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
    * 2003 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 2004 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
    * 2005 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon

Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by osteen(m): 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2006
wetin u na dey yarn sef. Martins not good enough. For where abeg make una leave the boy jare. Abi na im go go collect ball from behind go score.

Yes martins may not be the most natural goal scorer in the world, actually i think he is no were near a natural goal scorer but one tin is for sure he is a hard working, power house of a goal scorer. And come to think of it who is in the newcastle team to provide him the passes to score wit.

Martins in my own view has worked so hard for newcastle and deserve commendation but wit out a good support he can only do little in goal scorering. Put Martins and ronaldinho in the same team and c wat he would do.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by osteen(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2006
sorry about the post it was ment for another thread

Etoo is a better striker to Drogba. drogba as been doing so well so far hope he can keep it up
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by osteen(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2006
sorry about the post it was ment for another thread

Etoo is a better striker to Drogba. drogba as been doing so well so far hope he can keep it up
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2006
it's becoming quite obvious aight-THE PERFORMANCE SAYS IT ALL!
his 2nd ha3rick of d season grin
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by deejay1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2006
To b honset with u lot i tink his just in a big time form now but who knows weather hs ganna loss his form with time but 4 now up Drogba but down chelsea
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2006
@vichel

sorry man, i didnt mean too,
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by ogidz: 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2006
4 all you Drogba haters it is pathetic. Drogba has ruled the Premiership, Africa and Europe this season. Mark my words!!! He's winning the African footballer of the year.He might only get a runner up position in Europe due to racism/politics.He will also surely get a fifa world player of the year nomination. He is the best striker in the world right now; be it premiership, europe, africa or wherever.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2006
here comes west ham and i bet he'll teach 'em ASSall guyz aw 2 beat 'em-AMEN! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Australian Open 2008 / Bale 0-1 Ronaldo / I Will Never Do Sport Betting Again - Never! Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.