Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef (4896 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / The Best Drogba Hair Cut Ever - Chelsea Fans No Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by sammietos(m): 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2006
pucho:

* 1970 : Salif Keïta Flag of Mali Mali
* 1971 : Ibrahim Sunday Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1972 : Cherif Souleymane Flag of Guinea Guinea
* 1973 : Tshimen Bwanga Zaire
* 1974 : Paul Moukila Flag of Republic of the Congo Republic of the Congo
* 1975 : Ahmed Faras Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1976 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1977 : Tarak Dhiab Flag of Tunisia Tunisia
* 1978 : Karim Abdoul Razak Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1979 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1980 : Jean Manga Onguene Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1981 : Lakhdar Belloumi Flag of Algeria Algeria
* 1982 : Thomas Nkono Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1983 : Mahmoud Al Khatib Flag of Egypt Egypt
* 1984 : Theophile Abega Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1985 : Mohamed Timoumi Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1986 : Badou Zaki Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1987 : Rabah Madjer Flag of Algeria Algeria
* 1988 : Kalusha Bwalya Flag of Zambia Zambia
* 1989 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
* 1990 : Roger Milla Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 1991 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1992 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* 1993 : Abedi Pelé Flag of Ghana Ghana
* Name of Rashidi Yekin was ommitted 1993
* 1994 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia & Emmanuel Amunike Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1995 : George Weah Flag of Liberia Liberia
* 1996 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1997 : Victor Ikpeba Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 1998 : Mustapha Hadji Flag of Morocco Morocco
* 1999 : Nwankwo Kanu Flag of Nigeria Nigeria
* 2000 : Patrick Mboma Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2001 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
* 2002 : El Hadji Diouf Flag of Senegal Senegal
* 2003 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2004 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon
* 2005 : Samuel Eto'o Flag of Cameroon Cameroon

2006: Samuel Eto'o of Cameroon but acting on his behalf is Dedier Drogba of Ivory Coast
Drogba is acting African footballer of the year.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2006
u r funny and naughty, acting on his behalf! it's not ur fault-it's the hating factor. being 4m a french nation he could win d player of d year cos we all remember that of okocha's.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by sammietos(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2006
Mustay:

you're funny and naughty, acting on his behalf! it's not your fault-it's the hating factor. being 4m a french nation he could win d player of d year because we all remember that of okocha's.
I am not saying he is not going to win but it is just because Eto got injured. Eto is still the king of African football. Drogba is just acting.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2006
Why did you guys hate Drogba like, common dont be enemy of progress.

Everyone knows that Eto is better than Drogba no doubt, but as for now you have to give it to him.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by sil(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2006
hahahaha,
you guyz have forgotten that there are some other African players that are performing good outside there, like Essien
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2006
sammietos, eto has gotten his consolation this season-FIFPRO AFRICAN PLAYER OF D YEAR.
i think it's ok, d guy shouldn't be 2 selfish and let Drogba 've his award now ahn ahn!
they should not turn Drogba in2 an Okocha
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2006
You are right my guy.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by justkunmi(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2006
are awards now given for consolations or on merit
why give drogba if he doesnt merit it
no sentiments , pls
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by drogba(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2006
I wish to state that its high time people started giving me some credit for my efforts so far. I'm not saying that I'm better than Eto, but I've done so well this year and at least deserve some credit.

Thanks to all my fans and supporters.

Sincerely,

Didier  http://www.didierdrogba.com/en/index.asp
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by justkunmi(m): 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2006
yeah rite
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by amodu(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2006
Drogba deseves it no doubt
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Damy(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2006
have u guyz forgot about Samuel Eto Fils
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2006
Who can do it better than Drogba? The Elephant has just RISEN.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2006
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by debojyde(m): 1:32am On Dec 28, 2006
No doubt about it.As far as this season is concernrd Drogba has been the best out of Africa.He has improved a lot over the past 2 years.How could anybody doubt that.Banging in goals,helping out in defense and midfield when needed.Haters please.BLUES FOREVER
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by POTUS(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2006
commentin on this great intellectual sports arena for the first time,glad to bable to sit at the the round table with such great sports enthusiasts,meanwhile heres my own take.if we are sincere with ourselves well admit that drogba has proved time and time again that hes the point man with his goals and what not,at least for this season,lets not b haters. wink wink
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2006
Mustay:

shey the elephant die before, ?? grin abeggi,

oh pleaseee, gimme a break, the elephant has become jesus, na wa o,

no beefs but lets not get sentimental about it,
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2006
They have a right to jubilate cos they took it all in when guys dissed blues cos of drogba and so will they take the s@#t when the juju expires!!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by lordimpaq(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2006
@kitaun,

men, so juju dey work for jand again, i fear o,
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2006
Juju works everywhere just like prayers, remember to every positive there is a negative?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2006
na u be d witch doctor way dey sell JUJU 4 them?
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2007
Juju,Larissa,satellite magic,Jasi or whatever, Drogba has scored number 14(and still counting) & that's a significant number. HENRY? NA im gaan go need that juju Dis season. That boot dey find another leg this season, LONG LIVE D ELEPHANT (AND not Jesu!)
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Abdblues(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2007
Drogba may be in the form of his life now but i think in general Etoo is better
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2007
o.p.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by sophiat(f): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2007
As at ds moment Drogba is d best
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 7:29am On Jan 20, 2007
This guy-man might just score another cracker today,
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by kitaun(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2007
I doubt it
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by marlet01(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2007
you have alot of work to do against Liverpool today. .

Makelele is ruled out of the match because of suspension and Terry is still on the sidelines.

You got to be careful before Liveerpool tears you apart.
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2007
henry wasn't there 4 arsenal during d last fixture against man u, remember? @ least our new 'okada man' -cech is back. just a few hours 4m then and we shall c!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by marlet01(m): 11:25am On Jan 20, 2007
well let's see how your match goes today. undecided
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2007
wink26 January 2007
WE OWE IT ALL TO JOSE
CHELSEA TURMOIL: Drogba on why the players back Mourinho UN ambassador Didier has message of goodwill for boss
Neil Mcleman
DIDIER DROGBA was in Geneva this week to be named a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for the nominal wage of one dollar a year.

And he chose his visit to neutral Switzerland to come down firmly on the side of Jose Mourinho - and warn not even Roman Abramovich's billions will be able to buy another Special One at Chelsea.

The Portuguese coach backed his judgement to the tune of £24million to sign the Ivory Coast striker back at the start of his Stamford Bridge tenure in 2004. And even during an uncomfortable first campaign, Mourinho never flinched in support of his man.
This season Drogba has repaid his faith with 21 goals and at one stage was almost single-handedly driving Chelsea's season forward. Now with uncertainty continuing to swirl around the future of his boss, the World Cup star has chosen this politically sensitive moment to speak up for his coach as well.

"How can I not be totally behind someone who has always totally supported me, who has helped me win trophies and put Chelsea at the top of English football," said the 28-year-old.

There were good players at Chelsea before his arrival. But he brought a culture of winning. He has already won four trophies (two titles, the League Cup and Community Shield) in two years at Chelsea. What more could you ask of him?"

Drogba's support is further evidence of the Chelsea squad lining up behind their leader. It comes after Mourinho claimed that skipper John Terry would not sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge until he had assurances that the coach had a long-term future at the club.

Drogba also insisted the dressing room was united despite the boardroom shenanigans - with the squad right behind Andriy Shevchenko. Drogba led the celebrations for his £31m strike partner's two goals during Tuesday's Carling Cup win over Wycombe, and he revealed it was not the first time he has shown his support for the Ukrainian.

"Andriy did not have to wait for that to know that he has my support, and that of the whole team," said Drogba, who is delighted to top the Premiership scoring charts with 14 goals. "I am happy to have refound my smile," he said.

"At Marseille, I wasn't far from this total at the same stage. But to do it with Chelsea is worth more and something extra to savour." Drogba succeeds his hero Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane in the UN role, and will work to fight famine, disease and discrimination around the world.

"I am going to go to the world's poorest countries to assess what needs to be done most urgently," he said. So he was able to put into perspective the suggestion that Chelsea are in crisis.

"In the Premiership we are second - six points behind Manchester United and still on course for the title," he said.

"We are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League, in the League Cup Final and still in the FA Cup. It really is a very, very difficult time!"

But he sees no contradiction of fighting against world poverty while earning massive wages for a Russian billionaire rated as one of the richest man in the world.

"First of all, what I earn, I have worked very hard to get it," Drogba insisted.

"Five years ago I was a sub at Le Mans in the French Second Division. In life, sometimes you also get what you deserve.

"And without shouting about it from the rooftops, Chelsea have also spent a lot on charity work in Africa, building schools for example. When I spoke to Jose Mourinho about my project and my trip to Geneva, he immediately gave me two days off.

"That shows what a generous man he is. There is not only football in life. I am from the Ivory Coast, I have spent a large part of my life in France and I play in England. I am therefore a citizen of the world.

"But this world is not always perfect. There is too big a gap between rich and poor. Let's all pull in the same direction and it will all go better."

It was a message for his world - and his club.
hmmn!
Re: Drogba Simply Africa's Best! No Beef by Mustay(m): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2007
Oba has scored against bolton, the nemesis of henry and arsenal.
, 15 and still counting,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Lionel Messi And Cesc Fàbregas With Their Families On Yacht In Ibiza / LIVE: WRESTLEMANIA XXXI - Roman Reigns Vs Brock Lesnar / Is Mikel Obi The Most Decorated/successful Nigerian Footballer? Photo Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.