Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,453 members, 7,846,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

I Am Scared To Be Happy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared To Be Happy. (1557 Views)

FUTO Babes Will Not Be Happy Seeing This Picture.(check Photo) / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / Why Are Ladies Scared To Date Handsome Guys?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Cathay(f): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2009
Greetings to all of you and i would like to share a problem.

I wonder why when i am too happy, i get scared, like it is too good to be true. when i am happy, i always feel like something bad is going to happen to me next. Maybe i have had a couple of bad events in my life that has made me sad, that wheneva i am happy, it does not look right. i know everyone wants to be happy so why am i scared to be (too) happy?
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 17, 2009
Yea, and you came to NL to find happiness.

NEXT!
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Cathay(f): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2009
FL Gators:

NEXT!

i am new here and this is not d type of reply i am expecting. is dis how 2 welcome somebody? if u cannot suggest, stay away pls
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by oyinda3(f): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2009
cathy did you created two topics?
I responded to your other one. check it
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by justwise(m): 7:03am On Jun 17, 2009
Cathay:

Greetings to all of you and i would like to share a problem.

I wonder why when i am too happy, i get scared, like it is too good to be true. when i am happy, i always feel like something bad is going to happen to me next. Maybe i have had a couple of bad events in my life that has made me sad, that wheneva i am happy, it does not look right. i know everyone wants to be happy so why am i scared to be (too) happy?

I can relate to ur exprience, it happened to me couple of yrs back. Because i had some set-backs in my life, i don't know what happiness is again, when something good happens to me i will be afraid to celebrate it.

One of my best mates was shocked at my behaviour the day i was given a permit here, i did not look happy, i was afraid of shouting or jumping for joy. But i'm getting over it now by thinking positively, remembering what God has done for me, remembering how far he has brought me. Refused to do things that reminds me of my past, i can go and on
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by justwise(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2009
FL Gators:

NEXT!

Do u think this is fair?
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 17, 2009
Cathay:

i am new here and this is not d type of reply i am expecting. is dis how 2 welcome somebody? if u cannot suggest, stay away pls
I'm sorry, I overreacted. Result of ridiculous threads popping up nowadays.

Oya, why are yu scared?
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Cathay(f): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2009
oyinda.:

cathy did you created two topics?
I responded to your other one. check it

yes i did. thank you 4 responding. i am new here and don't really know how it works
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2009
justwise:

Do u think this is fair?
No and thats why I apologised
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Lexiwhite(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2009
Its called a phobia!

I wonder what the fear of extreme happiness is called sef? undecided
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by justwise(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2009
FL Gators:

No and thats why I apologised

Ok, no prob
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by oyinda3(f): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2009
Lexiwhite:

Its called a phobia!

I wonder what the fear of extreme happiness is called sef? undecided

it's normal to be afraid of extreme happiness. but how scared are you cathy? that's the question. if the fear is preventing you from living a normal life then it can be classified as a phobia
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Cathay(f): 7:12am On Jun 17, 2009
justwise:

I can relate to ur exprience, it happened to me couple of yrs back. Because i had some set-backs in my life, i don't know what happiness is again, when something good happens to me i will be afraid to celebrate it.

One of my best mates was shocked at my behaviour the day i was given a permit here, i did not look happy, i was afraid of shouting or jumping for joy. But i'm getting over it now by thinking positively, remembering what God has done for me, remembering how far he has brought me. Refused to do things that reminds me of my past, i can go and on

that is d same with me, too many set backs, that i already know what being sad is, that when i am happy, too happy, i even try to make myself sad so it would not be new when something bad happens to me again, like i am expecting it.
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Cathay(f): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2009
FL Gators:

I'm sorry, I overreacted. Result of ridiculous threads popping up nowadays.

Oya, why are yu scared?

thanks 4 apologising, accepted. maybe because i have had too many set backs, dat being too happy is too good 2 b true.

oyinda.:

it's normal to be afraid of extreme happiness. but how scared are you cathy? that's the question. if the fear is preventing you from living a normal life then it can be classified as a phobia

encountered too many set backs and used to being more sad than happy, mayb dats y
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by justwise(m): 7:27am On Jun 17, 2009
Cathay:

that is d same with me, too many set backs, that i already know what being sad is, that when i am happy, too happy, i even try to make myself sad so it would not be new when something bad happens to me again, like i am expecting it.

Obsolutely Cathay, this topic is like a flash back for me now. i had depression when i don't know what its, i stayed in a room all light switched off cos i got used to feeling bad.
I thought i don't deserve anygood thing happening to me.
But make no mistake, God never let u down, even as miserable as i feel then, God never over look me. Now i can control it to some point.

So u are not alone on this, its a mind thing caused by previous bad experiences. Talking about it now will help u.

Good luck
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by biola44: 8:08am On Jun 17, 2009
@poster: only u can make u happy cheesy cos i believe happiness is a choice up 2 u, life isnt a straight line graph n there will always be ups cheesy n downs sad, during ur happy moments enjoy ur life 2 d fullest cheesy n during d dull moments pls weather d storm sad, stop carrying negative thoughts in ur mind, finally, NL is a hard knock site, its a public forum with all sorts of pple n alot wud be thrown at u; so prepare 4 dat cool
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by luxoire(f): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
speak to someone - if you believe in shrinks - see one - if you dont!

then believe in yourself! believe that you deserve good things and the things you see as bad aren't that bad it's justa way for God to take you on step closer towhere He wants you to be.

if you dont belive in God - then see it as shit happens - stop blaming yourself for bad things and stop looking inside you always for answers - look to what other ppl around you do to make you feel that way.

Surround yourself with positive ppl - not negative type that bring you down - ppl that love you and want the best for you and will celebrate your success and help you work through set backs quickly

Good luck hun
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Ola8(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
for every good thing there is ALWAYS a BAD thing after and vice versa

for every BAD situation u shld expect GOOD thing at the end. take it or leave it
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by tpiah: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
you shouldnt be scared to be happy even if you feel it will bring bad luck.

Life has its ups and downs and there's little people can do about it, really.

However, if you know people around are the type who rejoice at your misfortune and mourn at your joy, then be careful how you spill your news.
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by heather(f): 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
u have to let go of the past and look into the future, many bad things must have happened in the past but don't let it affect ur happiness. it is ur birth right to be happy u owe it to ur self. start learning how to let go of the past and embrace the future . better still consult a therapist or a counselor it will do u a great good.

good luck
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by Hollysmile: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2009
Gawd! Neva heard of 'fear of extreme happiness'.
Wonder how it feels.
Sista, i feel ur jeopardy!
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by biola44: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2009
Hollysmile:

Gawd! Neva heard of 'fear of extreme happiness'.
Wonder how it feels.
Sista, i feel ur jeopardy!

never heard it, ow can u feel it?
Re: I Am Scared To Be Happy. by bluespice(f): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2009
biola44:

never heard it, ow can u feel it?
took it right outta my mind

OP u need counselling
go see a pshrink

(1) (Reply)

How Esle Can One Say I Dont Want? / Is It Proper? / She Loves It Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.