Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ (1362 Views)

Buhari Spent $2.6bn On Boko Haram Crisis –CDS / Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / 2016 Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by dustmalik: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
2016 Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity (To Power Corporate Office!)
*Proposes 97 new electricity, road projects

The Ministry of Works, Power and Housing is to spend N20, 692,987,864 on the provision of electricity to its corporate headquarters in Abuja. The expenditure, which is contained in the 2016 Appropriation Bill, also includes the sum of N45, 463,197 for fuelling of its generating plants. Following the amalgamation of the three key ministries, there seems to have been an attempt to also grant the ministry and its parastatals a huge chunk of the national budget, particularly in the power sector.

For instance, the National Rural Electrification Agency (NERA) has been allocated the sum of N9.7 billion; Electricity Management Services was allocated the sum of N2.2 billion; National Power Training Institute has N1.3 billion; Nigeria Electricity Liability Management Limited has N3.3 billion; Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading Plc. has N60.7 billion, while the Transmission Company of Nigeria got an allocation of N48.2 billion.
Similarly, the Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) has been allocated the sum of N46.2 billion, just as the sum of N569,566, 969 has also been allocated to the same ministry for local and foreign travels; maintenance of motor vehicles and transport equipment as well as for fuel and lubricants of its vehicles.

The same ministry has proposed a total of 19 new electricity projects valued at N20.287 billion and 78 road projects estimated to cost N260.838 billion. These projects are located in different parts of the country.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) yesterday met with the local manufacturers of pre-paid meters in Abuja to address the problems of estimated billing and electricity theft.

The meeting, according to a statement by the Director of Press, Ministry of Power, Mr. Timothy Oyedeji, was to re-focus attention on the need to rapidly roll-out meters in order to ensure that Distribution Companies (DISCOs) charge electricity consumers only for energy they consume.
According to Oyedeji, the report submitted to the meeting showed that there are estimated over three million unmetered customers nationwide.
This informed government’s policy to bridge this metering gap as quickly as possible with maximum impact on local manufacturing and employment potential fully harnessed.

Speaking at the meeting, representative of the local manufacturers, Engr. Kola Balogun, said that access to and cost of credit is a major impediment to the growth of their production capacity in meeting present and future demand for meters.
He assured the minister of their readiness to support the rapid rollout of meters, but expressed concerns over government’s readiness to put in place clearer incentives for local production as opposed to importation of meters.

Source - http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/2016-budget-power-ministry-spend-n20-6bn-electricity/
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by dustmalik: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
This info had better be wrong. because if it isn't, then i expect every right thinking Nigerian, irrespective of your political affiliation, to voice out against it. i mean, this is ridiculous, insane, outrageous, to say the least.

#20.6 billion is an outrageous amount to spend on the corporate headquarters alone, while #20.2 billion is budgeted for national electricity projects.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Elslim: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Watching in 3D
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by dustmalik: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Cc: modath, Obiagelli, OrlandoOwoh, Bevista, egift ..........

Cc: Seun, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, lalasticlala
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Ecoplexus: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
I dont sign cheques - Fashola

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
I dont understand this Apc budget o
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lol @ IyaIode
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
9jacrip:
Lol @ IyaIode
Abi o 24 billion for lighting one building, 3 billion for bmw, 500 million for animals
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by bcomputer101: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
in Fashola we trust...

#Let there be LIGHT...

1 Like

Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by ShowYourCertificate: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
shocked

I knew APC were thieves but I never knew they were armed robbers. Jeeez, these guys stink more than the PDP
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by TheFreeOne: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
There's an urgent need to upload pages with allocation figures of 2016 budget on Nairaland so we can discuss and dissect it cos a lot of craziness seemed embedded in that budget.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
IyaIode:

Abi o 24 billion for lighting one building, 3 billion for bmw, 500 million for animals

APC yi wa fe buru ju nkan ti eniyan expect lo o.

In the face of dwindling oil price and crashing economy ni wan budget owo rabata rabata fun tyre, food, bulb etc.

O dabi pe eyin abi aunty Modath lo so wipe ka fun APC ni time ki wan prove ara wan.

For me, the budget clearly paints the picture of the 4 years.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by modath(f): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
9jacrip:

In the face of dwindling oil price and crashing economy ni wan budget owo rabata rabata fun tyre, food, bulb etc.

O dabi pe eyin abi aunty Mo lo so wipe ka fun APC ni time ki wan prove ara wan.

I am not a member of APC & will never hold brief for them, but I sincerely believe this will go the way of the "state house feeding budget"... 20b? are they lighting the whole of FCT ?
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
modath:

I am not a member of APC & will never hold brief for them, but I sincerely believe this will go the way of the "state house feeding budget"... 20b? are they lighting the whole of FCT ?

I didn't say you were.

Lol @ lighting up fct.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by dustmalik: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
modath:

This is supposedly for the Ministry headquarters alone, not even the whole of FCT. I'm sincerely hoping this info is wrong, because this is unthinkable.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
9jacrip:

O dabi pe eyin abi aunty Modath lo so wipe ka fun APC ni time ki wan prove ara wan.

Oya mi lenu o
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Boss13: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
How does Fashola intend to power the office?
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by modath(f): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
9jacrip:

I didn't say you were.

Lol @ lighting up fct.

OK, just clarifying again noni!

Yes nah, cheesy

The whole budget is 400b+, won ni fe lo fi cobra se necklace now. smiley

@ iyaiode , this cant be true(irrefutable evidence will change my mind sha), they can't be that crazy! Laye kojo!
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by doncaster(m): 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
If the person that will give you and I electricity is spending the sum of N45, 463,197 for fuelling of its generating plants then we are on a long thing.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
modath:

OK, just clarifying again noni!

Yes nah, cheesy

The whole budget is 400b+, won ni fe lo fi cobra se necklace now. smiley

@ iyaiode , this cant be true(irrefutable evidence will change my mind sha), they can't be that crazy! Laye kojo!
I sincerely hope its not true but then i have seen worse in that budget
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by ShowYourCertificate: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
doncaster:
If the person that will give you and I electricity is spending the sum of N45, 463,197 for fuelling of its generating plants then we are on a long thing.
Serious long thing my brother.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by greatiyk4u(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
This one na Negative change if na true.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by OlujobaSamuel: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
#121585daily for fuelling.
PMB, this your Fashola wan start I don't sign check episode again o. I thought lights are almost always available for government house, hope we won't be hearing I don't drink fuel, you can check the generator consumption rate to know.
I hope this is not true, this elite minister should check his step.

PDP crime is their "I care less attitude". They don't know how to steal, rig, rule, insult, etc. They do everything without sense.
I hope APC will just do it right although there are lots of professional thieves in the party, you can't link them with the crime.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by DropShot: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
dustmalik:

This is supposedly for the Ministry headquarters alone, not even the whole of FCT. I'm sincerely hoping this info is wrong, because this is unthinkable.
I think it's better to await the budget break down by the minister of Finance b4 we lose our sanity. Too many fictitious figures around.
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
#121585daily for fuelling.
PMB, this your Fashola wan start I don't sign check episode again o. I thought lights are almost always available for government house, hope we won't be hearing I don't drink fuel, you can check the generator consumption rate to know.
I hope this is not true, this elite minister should check his step.

PDP crime is their "I care less attitude". They don't know how to steal, rig, rule, insult, etc. They do everything without sense.
I hope APC will just do it right although there are lots of professional thieves in the party, you can't link them with the crime.
Generating Plant not Generator....
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by OlujobaSamuel: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
olatunji21:
Generating Plant not Generator....
Thanks for the correction but no thanks. Check your dictionary. Thanks
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by CACAWA(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Budget: Power Ministry To Spend N20.6bn On Electricity To Power Corporate HQ by Xapio: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
modath:

I'm not APC? You are a shameless hypocrite..

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari lacks solution to Nigeria’s dwindling economy – Fayose / Buhari: Complete Mambilla And Write Your Name In Gold / Go Nigerian Military! Destroy All Ijaw Militants Mercilessly!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.