Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard (7066 Views)

Do You Want Igbo To Stay In Nigeria After Biafra? / Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen / ONE NIJA BUT ‘govt Doesn’t Want Igbo Traders In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Are you guys just daft or just simple mischievous? A market of 2000-5000 traders and you are given them 600 shops. Even at that why a short quit notice and also why stopping those who were ready to remove their things from removing it?

People always shout that Lagos is overpopulated.

What exactly were 2000-5000 traders doing in that little space in Oshodi?

If the new market will accommodate just 600 traders, then let the rest find other markets in other states where they are welcome. Not everybody likes the chaotic environment that others seem to require to thrive.

Lagos state is saying we don't need the extra baggage, but you say you want to trade in Lagos by force. Does economic refugee ring a bell?

I thought Lagos was making its big IGR from Igbo traders and not the big industries?

Yet 5000 minus 600 traders (4400) need another market to accommodate them. I wonder what Kettykin has in place for those among them who are Igbos?
He has always been a proponent of Igbos divesting from Lagos and moving to the East or Abuja.

Now imagine all Igbo traders in Nigeria returning to the East?

Nothing but chaos and anarchy.

Kettykin would then quietly make himself scarce.

13 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by NakedEve: 6:55am On Jan 09, 2016
These people surely don't HV eyes to see the spirit realm.
I am from the water.
I also have air spirit and I must tell you that anything that will make Igbo's united economically will shake our kingdom.
Their star as a tribe is so bright that it blinds us.
They r a giant.
That righteous man sends giant angels to guard Nidigbo because of what they r destined to be.
We see the giant angels n get annoyed!

In the spirit realm it has been seen that in the period of waning of the religion of that righteous man up there, that the Igbo's, Ijaws, Itsekiris n Urhobos shall team up n work together n cause a shaking revival in Europe.

This though will be spearheaded by Nidigbo.

It is destined that there will be a major shaking that will make them go back home.
And so we cannot allow Igbo go home cos they will then become an economic giant.

From here they shall spring up n become so great that with their funds they will shake Europe with the message of that righteous man up there.

We must do everything to keep them scattered in other parts of this country so that they will loose focus n never achieve what has been purported for them.

And now that righteous man is forcing them indirectly thru Lagos govt to go back home?
We must stop them.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by asadike(f): 6:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Ndi igbo come back home. come to the east and invest. Ojukwu warned and wept over this. Come my people come, come to abakiliki, come to imo, anambra, abia and enugu, come home and invest. God bless ndi igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by omowolewa: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Government!
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2016
ehinmowo:
what is d meaning of all these tribal nonsense? was it only Igbos dt hv shops there. were some shops spared while others were demolished?
s
we hv to stop unnecessary tribal alarm

They have every right to complain because they are more in number and the worth of their goods dwarfs that of every other non-Igbos in that market.

3 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by yetunsbay(m): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2016
If this is true; Ambode no try
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 7:04am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

People always shout that Lagos is overpopulated.

What exactly were 2000-5000 traders doing in that little space in Oshodi?

If the new market will accommodate just 600 traders, then let the rest find other markets in other states where they are welcome. Not everybody likes the chaotic environment that others seem to require to thrive.

Lagos state is saying we don't need the extra baggage, but you say you want to trade in Lagos by force. Does economic refugee ring a bell?

I thought Lagos was making its big IGR from Igbo traders and not the big industries?

Yet 5000 minus 600 traders (5400) need another market to accommodate them. I wonder what Kettykin has in place for those among them who are Igbos?
He has always been a proponent of Igbos divesting from Lagos and moving to the East or Abuja.

Now imagine all Igbo traders in Nigeria returning to the East?

Nothing but chaos and anarchy.

Kettykin would then quietly make himself scarce.

Then why not simply tell them there are no longer welcomed in Lagos or better still do what they know how to do best, bundle them and their goods to head bridge. Why destroy their goods? WHY??
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by fr3do(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2016
demolish the market when Igbos travel home for the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

such evil!

3 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Oh really? Evil is in your blood.

Does that justify not giving them adequate quit notice, giving the crazy 21-day quit notice during xmas when most of them traveled and stopping those who wants to go take their goods from doing so?

Say amen to this prayer. "May you receive in 100holds whatever you wish the Igbos". Can you?

I have no evil but I believe I should judge others by their own standards. The 2 instances I gave are very apt in this matter.

As for the notice given, everyone who knows that market knows that it's been planned for relocation years ago. Discussions and notices have happened numerous times in the past. The state government has confirmed that it had given another notice 3 months ago. I trust the Lagos state government to have its record for that claim.

Any claim that they got 21days notice only means the last notification was 21days to the demolition. Does that erase the earlier notices?

Yet some still lied that they never got notices at all?

18 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by obailala(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2016
Asked whether there was any notice to that effect. He stated that there was no notice of the demolition, “they only came to serve a 21-day quit notice that Isopakodowo in Bolade has been provided. But the 21-day quit notice has not expired.
If truly the notice period given has not expired, then these traders should sue the hell out of the government. That by the side, a 21-day eviction notice is just plain silly and wicked, especially when it is given over a holiday period when the whole traders had travelled far away for christmas. Who even comes up with these diabolic ideas?

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by fr3do(m): 7:10am On Jan 09, 2016
asadike:
Ndi igbo come back home. come to the east and invest. Ojukwu warned and wept over this. Come my people come, come to abakiliki, come to imo, anambra, abia and enugu, come home and invest. God bless ndi igbo.

Ndigbo can come to Anioma too o!

6 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 7:21am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Then why not simply tell them there are no longer welcomed in Lagos or better still do what they know how to do best, bundle them and their goods to head bridge. Why destroy their goods? WHY??

Lagos state has never relocated any economically active immigrant resident in Lagos.

As an aftermath of raids done to dislodge miscreants from the streets and under the bridges, and to clamp down on street hawking, many were found not to hold any residence in Lagos. Neither could they get any one resident in Lagos to come bail them into their custody.

Lagos simply did what Anambra had done in the past with Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom destitutes, just as Akwa Ibom also did to Lagos destitutes.
Lagos began relocating the destitutes back to their state of origin and most recent abode. They were sent back to states in the North, to Osun and Ondo state too.

The ones meant for Anambra state had been communicated to the state government who also replied. When communication broke down later on between the 2 states, Fashola took the bull by the horn and rid Lagos state of Anambra's problem just like Peter Obi did for Anambra state previously to the admiration of Anambra residents.

So try erase the notion that Lagos state goes into someone's home or legitimate business abode and relocates them back to their state of origin due to hatred.

13 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 7:41am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Lagos state has never relocated any economically active immigrant resident in Lagos.

As an aftermath of raids done to dislodge miscreants from the streets and under the bridges, and to clamp down on street hawking, many were found not to hold any residence in Lagos. Neither could they get any one resident in Lagos to come bail them into their custody.

Lagos simply did what Anambra had done in the past with Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom destitutes, just as Akwa Ibom also did to Lagos destitutes.
Lagos began relocating the destitutes back to their state of origin and most recent abode. They were sent back to states in the North, to Osun and Ondo state too.

The ones meant for Anambra state had been communicated to the state government who also replied. When communication broke down later on between the 2 states, Fashola took the bull by the horn and rid Lagos state of Anambra's problem just like Peter Obi did for Anambra state previously to the admiration of Anambra residents.

So try erase the notion that Lagos state goes into someone's home or legitimate business abode and relocates them back to their state of origin due to hatred.

Why was there an uproar then if their respective State governments were duly notified of their repatriation?

Bros leave this talk. What is evil make sure you call it evil. Stop your attempt at trying to justify this demolition.

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Hafter1: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2016
EternalTruths:
Igbos need to pray more and complain less

By doing this, it will definitely bounce back on the Sai Babas

I hope nobody will shout Igbos are greedy when prices of goods are increased to make enough profit to pay for exorbitant shop rents. angry

CHANGE IS GOOD IF PROPERLY DONE

WHERE THE SHOP OWNERS GIVEN ENOUGH NOTICE TIME.?

IF YES, CAN LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT PROVIDE A NEWSPAPER PUBLICATION THAT MADE IT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT THE SHOPS WILL BE DEMOLISH . angry

Are Eboes the only one selling goods in Lagos? Wtf is wrong with you villagers that just love deceiving yourself, leave your village for once and stop posting trash everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Why was there an uproar then if their respective State governments were duly notified of their repatriation?

Bros leave this talk. What is evil make sure you call it evil. Stop your attempt at trying to justify this demolition.

Because Peter Obi thought it was good for the politics of getting Obiano elected ahead of APC's Ngige.

The records are there if you want to see it. It was released on this very forum then. Also records showing that Peter Obi also relocated destitutes before Fashola did. I suspect communication broke down when the governors became entrenched in 2 opposing camps during the Nigerian Governors Forum crisis that Jonathan instigated but eventually led to his sack.

I will always justify any demolition that creates a better Lagos. Various notices were given so I do not sympathise with the stubborn regardless of their tribe.

10 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by SonOfEl(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Maybe the other tribes were allowed to take their own goods out?

Funny, an Igbo dude here once beat his cheast that Igbos decide who gets what in Lagos. One of many reason why I have no empathy when government decides how Lagos is developed.

Another Igbo dude was reminded some years ago here that he had not condemned a certain demolition of markets in Abia State. He retorted saying as long as it was done by his tribesman, it was certainly done with good intentions for the state.

I also believe this demolition was done with good intentions for my state, which will not have any recourse to another tribe's opinion on the matter.

Even in this new year, you still have not being cured of your bigotry. Always looking for excuses to justify your madness. Am ready for you and your type this year..

**loading my e-ammunition**

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Hafter1: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Maybe the other tribes were allowed to take their own goods out?

Funny, an Igbo dude here once beat his cheast that Igbos decide who gets what in Lagos. One of many reason why I have no empathy when government decides how Lagos is developed.

Another Igbo dude was reminded some years ago here that he had not condemned a certain demolition of markets in Abia State. He retorted saying as long as it was done by his tribesman, it was certainly done with good intentions for the state.

I also believe this demolition was done with good intentions for my state, which will not have any recourse to another tribe's opinion on the matter.

Bro, I saw a news here yesterday when some Yoruba traders were complaining that the alternative is not good for them. When it was pointed out that there are Yorubas and other tribe in that market, Some Eboes here said they have bounce back already and dont care.

When T.A Orji demolish market, then its a good development, if Obiano demolish market then he is the best governor in Nigeria. If Ambode demolish market then he hates Eboe. Hypocrisy runs in there blood.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 7:52am On Jan 09, 2016
SonOfEl:

Even in this new year, you still have not being cured of your bigotry. Always looking for excuses to justify your madness. Am ready for you and your type this year..

**loading my e-ammunition**

I have only held you up to the standard you set. That is how much I love the Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by OperationIgrigi: 7:52am On Jan 09, 2016
omenka:
[s]I don't wanna believe Vanguard actually published something like this!

Why are these guys bent on fanning the embers of ethnic intolerance in this country From all the trash they published about Nnamumudi Kaalum to those about IPOD, it is crystal clear what the objective of these guys are, and it is a sinister one.

This is highly provocative, totally unnecessary, and not in tandem with the tenets and ethos of constructive reportage.

That said, I was and still am totally against that exercise. The government needed to have given more room for the traders to evacuate their stores. Government must always be seen to be pro-people and not what is being displayed here. I hope to see these guys come together and approach the Industrial Court to seek redress to this highly unjustifiable assault on their livelihood by the government who ought to protect same.[/s]

**grins** Go and start your own newspaper. The days of one-sided propaganda are gone. **grins**

2 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Hafter1: 7:54am On Jan 09, 2016
[s]
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** Go and start your own newspaper. The days of one-sided propaganda are gone. **grins**
[/s]

Make we hear word jor.

5 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by StOla: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Hafter1:

Bro, I saw a news here yesterday when some Yoruba traders were complaining that the alternative is not good for them. When it was pointed out that there are Yorubas and other tribe in that market, Some Eboes here said they have bounce back already and dont care.

When T.A Orji demolish market, then its a good development, if Obiano demolish market then he is the best governor in Nigeria. If Ambode demolish market then he hates Eboe. Hypocrisy runs in there blood.

Don't mind them. I have learnt to treat them according to the standards they set for themselves. However they expect that they should be specially regarded for any plans the Lagos state government has.

Lagos state government will continue to execute its development plan without any special regard for the Igbos. If they want special regard, let them get it from Theodore Orji who they rewarded with a senatorial ticket for the markets he demolished in Abia state.

12 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by ehissi(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:
These people surely don't HV eyes to see the spirit realm.
I am from the water.
I also have air spirit and I must tell you that anything that will make Igbo's united economically will shake our kingdom.
Their star as a tribe is so bright that it blinds us.
They r a giant.
That righteous man sends giant angels to guard Nidigbo because of what they r destined to be.
We see the giant angels n get annoyed!

In the spirit realm it has been seen that in the period of waning of the religion of that righteous man up there, that the Igbo's, Ijaws, Itsekiris n Urhobos shall team up n work together n cause a shaking revival in Europe.

This though will be spearheaded by Nidigbo.

It is destined that there will be a major shaking that will make them go back home.
And so we cannot allow Igbo go home cos they will then become an economic giant.

From here they shall spring up n become so great that with their funds they will shake Europe with the message of that righteous man up there.

We must do everything to keep them scattered in other parts of this country so that they will loose focus n never achieve what has been purported for them.

And now that righteous man is forcing them indirectly thru Lagos govt to go back home?
We must stop them.

Hmmmmmmm.............. lipsrsealed

What is this one saying ni!!?? undecided

Choooooi!! shocked

This ya eye big Oooh!!!
Wetin you think say you dey see?? My friend, Okpolor eye no be open eye Oooh!!! U hia!!??

All these water people sef!! angry

Wait Oooh!!! Aaaaaaah!! grin

So that is why you people allowed ambode to win ba? So that the Oba of lagos will not push Igbo people to join you in the lagoon water ba!!?? shocked

Well, better get ready to build house, even if na Pako because 2019 is not guarantee for Ambo Oooh!!! grin

At least as far as some of these traders are concerned!!! lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

Because Peter Obi thought it was good for the politics of getting Obiano elected ahead of APC's Ngige.

The records are there if you want to see it. It was released on this very forum then. Also records showing that Peter Obi also relocated destitutes before Fashola did. I suspect communication broke down when the governors became entrenched in 2 opposing camps during the Nigerian Governors Forum crisis that Jonathan instigated but eventually led to his sack.

I will always justify any demolition that creates a better Lagos. Various notices were given so I do not sympathise with the stubborn regardless of their tribe.

You are dismissed.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by reuben79: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2016
[quote author=Akpaife post=41801048]Mr Governor d most high God is watching u,ds is wickedness
I will advise d Igbos 2 push all their business 2 south east [/quote for landlocked??
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Observant: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2016
Neither do I, they should go back to there lands.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Ajaoogbo: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2016
Hafter1:

Please, can you tell me the locations of those markets destroyed by Obiano and T.A Orji?
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Ajaoogbo: 9:12am On Jan 09, 2016
Observant:
Neither do I, they should go back to there lands and develop it.
That's interesting;"their land''. It's most unfortunate that Nigerian youths are myopic. This brand of politics played by these old politicians is not sustainable.

Nigeria will be destroyed definitely and I wish everybody good luck in ''their land''.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Masterclass32: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2016
You are waiting for them to come out and tell u that u are not wanted before u go?

The people that coined the words, "Actions speak louder than words" weren't entirely foolish.

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by xmich(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2016
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Observant: 9:36am On Jan 09, 2016
Ajaoogbo:

That's interesting;"their land''. It's most unfortunate that Nigerian youths are myopic. This brand of politics played by these old politicians is not sustainable.

Nigeria will be destroyed definitely and I wish everybody good luck in ''their land''.

Ogbeni I be igbo man o, check my moniker.
But it breaks my heart to see my kith and kin flee our ancestral heritage to be insulted in other parts of this country.
A bird at hand is worth 1000 in the wilderness.
Ndigbo should go home and stay home. QED.

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

Many idiiots will come out to shout "how were the Igbos being targeted?" If they were not being targeted why were those who wanted to take their wares out denied?

I get this is Buhari's subtle way of destroying all imported items in the country. Buhari GOD will judge you ooo.
my brother I was there when the man and his wife was pleading the police officers with 200k first tim I saw a police man not accepting money but chose to demolish but the lower ranks are not to blame because of oga at the top

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buni-led Panel To Meet On Tuesday Over APC Convention / IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education / Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.