Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard (7053 Views)

Do You Want Igbo To Stay In Nigeria After Biafra? / Igbo Traders In Kano Protest Killings Of Kinsmen / ONE NIJA BUT ‘govt Doesn’t Want Igbo Traders In Lagos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
Eshinwaju:

So what are you going to do about it....we warned you but you would not listen....why not go back to your land... grin

See your mouth like go back to your land. I'm sure when they call for it you'll be the first to scream "ONE NIGERIA". Oniranu.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Wadeoye(m): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
Where are those who said Lagos is no man's land?

Yeye... go back to your village.

4 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Eshinwaju: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
LMFashions:

See your mouth like go back to your land. I'm sure when they call for it you'll be the first to scream "ONE NIGERIA". Oniranu.

Ariwo Lenu vendoré....we want these misdirected miscreants with criminal orientation out of our land.... grin...go and die but till then Naija will suffer. grin

1 Like

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by LMFashions: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Eshinwaju:

Ariwo Lenu vendoré....we want these misdirected miscreants with criminal orientation out of our land.... grin...go and die but till then Naija will suffer. grin

Babe bawoni? grin
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
I have just confirmed this news... and this is so sad... targeting innocent Igbos, with so many of them still crying even till today.
I, an IJAW Man condemn this wicked act by Gov. Ambode in the strongest terms.
We have decided to team up with the Igbos all over Lagos to bring this economic war to their doorsteps.
I only pity the Yorubas that benefit from Igbo businesses and investments.

To my Accountant, I have asked for the full list of people working for me and all that have one thing or the other to do with me...
Let's take it from here Ambode - Bring it on ooo
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by okuya: 7:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Even if u r an ardent tribalist, must u b a stupid one, it was clear to all DAT they were not allowed to pack their goods, ur govt too is not denying dat fact.

bro never vex abeg,,am not in anyway related to Ambode..am just here to place my view....i still doubt the fact that they were not allowed to pack their goods before the demolition of the shops. [/quote]
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by DIVINE78: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2016
Gabbysky:
I have just confirmed this news... and this is so sad... targeting innocent Igbos, with so many of them still crying even till today.
We have decided to team up with the Igbos all over Lagos to bring this economic war to their doorsteps.

To my Accountant, I have asked for the full list of people working for me and all that have one thing or the other to do with me...
Yawnnnn. See a homeless man claiming don. How did you escape Fashola deportation?

2 Likes

Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 10, 2016
They should go to their Biafra.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by homosapien(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2016
Gabbysky:

bro, please start that economic war as soon as possible and let see who will be at the receiving end. So you actually think only Igbo's patronize Igbo business. Please also tell your brothers in Yoruba company to resign, since you have a company to absorb them all. JOKER

You must really have the brain of a child to actually believe those traders were not given adequate notice.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by MayorofLagos(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2016
EternalTruths:
Igbos need to pray more and complain less

By doing this, it will definitely bounce back on the Sai Babas

I hope nobody will shout Igbos are greedy when prices of goods are increased to make enough profit to pay for exorbitant shop rents. angry

CHANGE IS GOOD IF PROPERLY DONE

WHERE THE SHOP OWNERS GIVEN ENOUGH NOTICE TIME.?

IF YES, CAN LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT PROVIDE A NEWSPAPER PUBLICATION THAT MADE IT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT THE SHOPS WILL BE DEMOLISH . angry

I hope Ibo will not start robbing and kidnapping to make ends meet when people boycott their inflated price.
Re: Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard by MayorofLagos(m): 10:42am On Jan 10, 2016
kingdenny:
Hmmmm, sad to see people suffer loses. 21 days notice is crazy , and such a notice given during the xmas holiday is just callous ,

Na lie, they had longterm notice to quit, they refused.

Lagos state government is good at keeping records of correspondence with public and stake holders. We shall soon see one released to press when the controversy escalates.

Look, here is what happens...

Ifeanyi leases shop from a local govt authority in Lagos for x amount. He turns around and sub leases it to Okafor for x+y amount. Okafor shares the store with Okoro for x+y/2 amount, and save half the cost. Local government sends notice to shop owner, Ifeanyi asking him to vacate store in six months. Ifeanyi fails to share news with shop occupants and continues to collect rent. On D-day, Local govt shows up in bulldozer, Okafor and Okoro loose their property in the demolition. Ifeanyi blames local govt and tell Okafor and Okoro that Lagos govt doesnt want Ibos in the state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra State To Dualize Major Roads In The State / We’ll retake Adamawa in 2023, APC vows / Edo 2020: Photo Circulating Online Shows Oshiomhole Voted For PDP (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.