Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon (60280 Views)

Why Always Buhari? See This 1984 Cartoon Of Buhari / 1984 Cartoon Of President Buhari Surfaces Online / 1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon by glossy6(f): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Good response

The same hate for Igbos is what drives him against Kanu today

Imagine arresting Ojukwu who was never part of the government. angry

Though this is an old thread but I have to say my mind here.

What did Ojukwu do and why was Shagari not imprisoned?

It is on record that Bubu hates Igbos that why he had to put Ekwueme (VP) in prison while his brother, Shagari (President ) was placed on house arrest

ehissi:

Again that is false!! Ojukwu was released unconditionally by the Ibrahim Babangida Administration - which upstaged Buhari in a coup - there was no intention by Buhari anywhere or anyday to release Ojukwu. This is one reason Babangida was a very hard man to dislike, as far as Nigerian politicians were concerned.

Babangida gave unconditional release to all poltical detainees of the Buhari government, all without exception. He started on a fresh note as far as detention is concerned!

One thing you must bear in mind is that Ojukwu arrest nor release had nothing to do with Corruption - that will be very foolish to say!!

In present terms, let me give you an exact scenerio of what you are saying!!

It is like Buhari in this present time arresting Jimi agbaje for the Corruption going on in lagos state, simply because PDP, in the last administration is believed to be corrupt!!

Jimmy agbaje simply contested to be governor in Lagos and lost! He never held a position in Jonathan's cabinet or the party or any cabinet for that matter neither did he have involvement in Fashola's government. PDP was at the centre but in Lagos, which is supposed to be Jimi's stronghold is controlled solely by APC, so wetin concern Jimi!!??

So why arrest jimi, when fashola is there strutting like a G O D.

Ok, he said shagari was corrupt, where did shagari end up?? The main person who was corrupt was chilling out in a Hotel somewhere while Ojukwu was moved to kirikiri!!

Ojukwu's arrest was a power play, to keep him in Check!!

Explain the rationale??

Every person who was/is in a position to explain what happened to PTDF money under Buhari's care; with respect to heavy contract awards is dead.

The only real link, in this Dispensation of democracy, that can link Buhari's past to his present is Dasuki!!

As far as I am concerned, in this land Nigeria, Dasuki is the only security person in Nigeria's history who has been charged to explain how monies meant for security matters was spent!

For me, that is blackmail! There are colonels, Generals that had known links with Boko Haram in the military that have been caught, people who gave intel on field ops to Boko Haram, sponsored them with uniforms and weapons supply; how many has Buhari subjected to the kind of Open embarrassment in the media as Dasuki!!

Or their own too is not corruption that Buhari should be seen to fight ba??

And we say Buhari is fighting corruption!! Let us wait and see the end of the trial; you will understand better then! That is assuming you are not an APC fanatic!!

I see only one thing here, hatred for the Igbos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English / Beaten In Germany, Accused Of Forgery, Times Ekweremadu Made Headlines / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.