Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,634 members, 7,816,610 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali (18132 Views)

FG Secures 13% Derivation Mining Revenue For States / Custom Boss Hamid Ali Generate N903bn Revenue In Less Than 7 Month - Leadership / Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by theV0ice: 9:21am On Jan 09, 2016
chudionu58:
Thanks very much! you just took it from my mouth. They are singing praises for generating less than the previous year, also they want us to glorify the new customs boss for this figures despite coming to office in August!
APC supporters sef!

this part of the report below should explain that to you

Ali who stated this while fielding questions from journalists after the decoration of newly promoted senior officers of the Service in Abuja, noted that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on the importation of 41 items denied the Customs revenue collection to the tune of N240 billion in 2015.
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by lolaxavier(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2016
Chisos!
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by carinmom(f): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2016
theV0ice:

Ali who stated this while fielding questions from journalists after the decoration of newly promoted senior officers of the Service in Abuja, noted that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on the importation of 41 items denied the Customs revenue collection to the tune of N240 billion in 2015.
this shows that the guy didn't even read the article very well before commenting.

7 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by theV0ice: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2016
carinmom:

this shows that the guy didn't even read the article very well before commenting.

as always sister...........as always wink
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by Day169: 10:46am On Jan 09, 2016
DropShot:

It was N977bn in 2014. However, we have to factor the fact that 41 items were banned since August of this year which the NCS says has cost them over N200bn in revenue.

I believe NCS will bring in more than N1tn in 2016. Fingers crossed.
Sensible post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by allycat: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2016
How will customs make more in 2016 when there is less dollars to import. Many people whose business involved importation are crying because of the dollar restrictions and people are expecting more money from customs. Already the number of ships that came into the country fell drastically in the last quarter of the year and you expect them to make more money. If people cannot import customs cannot charge period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by chudionu58(f): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2016
theV0ice:

Please every government has their policy direction and consequently accept any gains or shortcomings thereof! It shouldn't be used as an excuse by their supporters to justify an indifferent performance!
Na me tell CBN make dem remove am?

1 Like

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by theV0ice: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2016
chudionu58:

Please every government has their policy direction and consequently accept any gains or shortcomings thereof! It shouldn't be used as an excuse by their supporters to justify an indifferent performance!
Na me tell CBN make dem remove am?

comprehension shouldn't be too hard for you my friend. I don't want to believe someone is paying you to type here but if that's the case, it's good you pick sensible battles to fight. You're no different from the supporters singing praises as you're also doing same for the other party.

There's a reason why there was a drop and that reason was contained in the report but you didn't read it. That's what i sought to point out to you.

Personally i see nothing to praise here as the man wasn't even looking for glory. If anybody wants me to praise Alli here, they should post what was realized in August-December 2014 and August-December 2015 let's compare.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by tdemo(m): 11:28am On Jan 09, 2016
abeg who knows if Custome will recruit this year!!! Urgent reply from a reliable source will be appreciated !!
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by SHAIBULIAR: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2016
See moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey,omo i must get work for customs by crook or by hook.
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by andychukse(m): 11:28am On Jan 09, 2016
Over a trillion is expected this year. However, with the stringent FX conditions it may not be feasible

Are you always shy? Read this

1 Like

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by warrenweste(m): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2016
am sure there revenue will be low these year with the indirect ban on importation
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by Elchappo: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2016
The truth is that Custom can collect 1.5 trillion this year if they checkmate underpayment of duties which is an avenue custom officers nd Agents make cool cash..

2 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by room089: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2016
We are in need of two nigerian-used mack dump truck/tipper for outright purchase
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2016
Demdem2:
Gradually but surely we are having a custom service we all will be proud off. Ali was an excellent choice from Buhari to head this service. That is why I keep saying that let Buhari continue to govern while wailers continue to wail aimlessly till 2023. I have no doubt that expectations from customs for the year 2016 to fund the budget will be met.
Nigeria is currently in the hands of good and competent hands no doubt.

A customs that generated less than the previous year?

Smh at what length people can go for sycophancy.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by StOla: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2016
Demdem2:

U can say that again. Surely he is and we all are seeing the results. Kudos to him. These old men performing wonders that even younger men/women couldn't acheive. Ignore them at ur peril.

Dasuki and Dokpesi are saints compared to the potential that some youths have in corruption.

When a young employee of 2yrs is already having properties that his 20yrs income cannot afford. Now imagine such a criminal holding a sensitive post in a revenue generating agency.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by DerMeister: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2016
The issue is not how much is generated but what is the money used for. Will it used to build roads, hospitals improve port facilities or just frittered away like every dime that comes into this country...
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by chudionu58(f): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2016
theV0ice:

comprehension shouldn't be too hard for you my friend. I don't want to believe someone is paying you to type here but if that's the case, it's good you pick sensible battles to fight. You're no different from the supporters singing praises as you're also doing same for the other party.

There's a reason why there was a drop and that reason was contained in the report but you didn't read it. That's what i sought to point out to you.

Personally i see nothing to praise here as the man wasn't even looking for glory. If anybody wants me to praise Alli here, they should post what was realized in August-December 2014 and August-December 2015 let's compare.

Keep quiet my friend, all my posts in this thread is to deflate the seeming praise and worship by some APC supporters in the first page, which you saw and deliberately looked the other way! #Hypocrite!!
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by destinychildolu(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2016
Northerners promotion galore once more. SMH...
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by theV0ice: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2016
chudionu58:
Keep quiet my friend, all my posts in this thread is to deflate the seeming praise and worship by some APC supporters in the first page, which you saw and deliberately looked the other way! #Hypocrite!!

Keep shouting yourself hoarse my bitter friend....

It's you the bitter soul versus the praise singers and you're free to deflate their joy as much as you wish. You chose to be blind to a part of the report and I decided to point it to you. Hammed Alli didn't ask for praise singing neither does he care about your bitterness and joylessness.

No apologies if it rubs you the wrong way #Sadman!

5 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by shaqhead: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
@4play chidionu dd u both forget ti fACtor in the 240billion that wd have raked in if not for the import restrictions on 41 items..?
240bill plus 903 = do the maths....so u both are wrong for now and 2016 accrual wl in clear terms tell us if ds present trajectory is yielding fruits.

1 Like

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by shaqhead: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
Elchappo:
The truth is that Custom can collect 1.5 trillion this year if they checkmate underpayment of duties which is an avenue custom officers nd Agents make cool cash..
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by Freshboi: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
chudionu58:
Thanks very much! you just took it from my mouth. They are singing praises for generating less than the previous year, also they want us to glorify the new customs boss for this figures despite coming to office in August!
APC supporters sef!

Why are you wailing? Revenue of N240 billion was lost due CBN policies. Two, he has not spent up to a year.
Wailing back to back!!!

2 Likes

Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by Rad1cal: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Demdem2:

**** who is yet to recover from the loss of the drunkard from Otueke. grin

I can see Aisha soured rice working in you.
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by chyket(m): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
I doubt very much if the Nigerian Customs can generate as much money as they envisage because the income generation is tied indirectly to the operations in the foreign currency market at a given period because thats where majority of the importers get their funding.
Unless something positive happens in our foreign exchange market soon enough,many importers cant do much in terms of importation.
Re: Customs Collects N903bn Revenue For 2015 – Ali by Royals1st: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
Okay sound great but my question is customs can get billions from duty paid i think this should help the nigeria econmy that is on thje high side dollar is far going higher everyday and the Govt keep saying now money and they some ppl who loot moni has return some money plus customs making money so what is all this money been use for? To hand over to saraki to order the new cars need or what?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Diezani Allison-madueke Adverts Everywhere? / 'Step Down For Omo-Agege To Emerge Deputy Senate President' - Urhobo Beg Kalu / $9.6b Award: UK Court Orders Stay Of Execution, Demands $200m Security Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.