Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC (1491 Views)

Osun By-Election: Ademola Adeleke Defects To PDP Ahead Of APC Primary / Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC / Wike’s Former Aide Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2016
http://www.punchng.com/wikes-former-aide-defects-to-apc/

The former Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Governor Nyesom Wike, Mr. Opunabo Inko-Tariah, has defected to the All Progressives Congress.

Inko-Tariah expressed his support for the governorship candidate of the APC in the 2015 general elections, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, adding that it was natural for him to reciprocate gestures.

Speaking through a statement he signed and issued on Thursday, Inko-Tariah also commended the immediate past governor of the state and Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, for coming to his aide when he took ill.

Inko-Tariah said that although he had criticised Amaechi in the past, he pointed out that it was reinvigorating to note that the same Amaechi called to sympathise with him.

Inko-Tariah added that to reciprocate the former governor’s gesture, he would do his best to ensure that Peterside emerge as the governor of the state should there be a rerun.

He said, “It was surprising that a man I censured, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, CON, the Hon. Minister of Transport, was the same person who showed unsolicited love and care.

“It was reinvigorating when he called to sympathise and also gave his widow’s mite while I was already in the United States for medical treatment after reading my resignation letter. How compassionate can a man be!

“On my support for Hon. (Dr.) Dakuku Peterside, it is only natural that one reciprocates gestures. Therefore, I state my support for Rt. Hon. Amaechi and Dr. Peterside for the love they have shown.

“More so, Dr. Peterside is a man whose refreshing initiatives and articulated policy options will help refuel the ethos of good governance in Rivers State.” On why he resigned as the special adviser to the governor, Inko-Tariah recalled how he sustained head injuries after falling in a bathroom and how he escaped assassination, adding that the governor did not show concern over his plight.

He said, “As the special adviser to the governor, I fell in the bathroom and sustained serious head injuries. Two days later, I went to the office with the injury and all that the governor said was ‘thank God, you are alive’. Nothing after that.

“I had a close shave with death as my car was riddled with bullets. The governor did not bother to, at least, ask what happened. Even when I puked blood and he was informed, he showed no concern.”

He, however, stated that contrary to the insinuation that he was sacked by the Wike’s administration, he resigned as the special adviser to the governor.
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2016
The more they portray Buhari as a tyrant, the more politicians run to APC. Why?

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2016
As was expected! Kai! Nigerian politics. This is just typical of Nigerians. No principle! The same thing happens even in club football. Any day Chelsea starts losing, u see many fans decamp to Man city. No principle!
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Demmocrats(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2016
source
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by omenka(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2016
They've started seeing the handwriting on the wall. cheesy

Right now, I don't envy that governor at all and I won't be surprised should news break tomorrow of him decamping to APC. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Activa:
The more they portray Buhari as a tyrant, the more politicians run to APC. Why?
Thieves running from thieves.
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by ddippset(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2016
Gawwwwd, I give up on Nigerian politicians. Heres a man who just 2 months ago was insulting amaechi and dancing for wike. Everybody don't die for any politician o. Face your hustle, face your family and good friends, get the best out of your life and enjoy yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by dunkem21(m): 9:02am On Jan 09, 2016
Modath grin

See, in that *our thread, I made a sensitive comment below Omeka's which I modified to read .. "I will soon decamp to APC"

..That's what happened now ..

..Another Igbo *politician will soon decamp to APC ..grin

Am no ordinary being kiss
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2016
I see dakuku winning re run with 60% of d vote and wike 40%
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Tolexander: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2016

“On my support for Hon. (Dr.) Dakuku Peterside, it is only natural that one reciprocates gestures. Therefore, I state my support for Rt. Hon. Amaechi and Dr. Peterside for the love they have shown.
Just like what footballers do say when being unveiled after a transfer deal is completed

1 Like

Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by budusky05(m): 9:20am On Jan 09, 2016
Welcome bro.
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Richardonald(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2016
We all know politics A DIRTY GAME
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by modath(f): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2016
dunkem21:
Modath grin

See, in that *our thread, I made a sensitive comment below Omeka's which I modified to read .. "I will soon decamp to APC"

..That's what happened now ..

..Another Igbo *politician will soon decamp to APC ..grin

Am no ordinary being kiss

You have a major feet of clay, the guy declared his support 3 or 4 days ago but seems you wait for NL to feed you info! grin

If you want to be on top of live events & developing stories that haven't even "broken", follow the right twitter handles!

& pls stop flogging a dead horse, same reason NASS won't immunity clause is why they won't amend the constitution to bar defections.. i
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by modath(f): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2016
omenka:
They've started seeing the handwriting on the wall. cheesy

Right now, I don't envy that governor at all and I won't be surprised should news break tomorrow of him decamping to APC. cheesy

Don't mind the guy, he had a falling out with Wicked & moved his tent to where manna is likely to fall from...

Amaechi too did Wike a strong thing cos most of the media mudslinging against Amaechi was hatched by this guy!!!

Politicians sha!!! Devil sef dey fear dem! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by Amberon: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2016
hohohohohohoho
I told y'all wike is finished.
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by dunkem21(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2016
modath:

Don't mind the guy, he had a falling out with Wicked & moved his tent to where manna is likely to fall from...

Amaechi too did Wike a strong thing cos most of the media mudslinging against Amaechi was hatched by this guy!!!

Politicians sha!!! Devil sef dey fear dem! smiley

You no come tell omeka to stop hyperventilating as the news don break 4 days ago ..

Hypo ..
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by modath(f): 10:22am On Jan 09, 2016
dunkem21:

You no come tell omeka to stop hyperventilating as the news don break 4 days ago ..

Hypo ..

So sorry for being wrong about you, thought you meant no harm & Omenka only misunderstood your intentions....

Pardon my naiveté, won't happen again!!!
Re: Wike's Fomer Aide Defects To APC by franchizy(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2016
Please where is pa chukwudi 44. why has he suddenly gone cold this days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo: Lt.col. Hameed Ali And Muhammadu Buhari Years Back / If Presidetial Election Is Today, Seeing D "Changes" Will You Vote D Same Party. / Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.