Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? (5565 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? See Who Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by phemmyutd(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2016
The church popularly known as Winners Chapel
is about to witness a change of baton as the
first son of Oyedepo, David Oyedepo Jnr is set
to take over the leadership of the church from
his father Bishop Oyedepo who has been at the
helms of affair of the church since inception
come Sunday, January 10.
Oyedepo Jnr who is the resident pastor of the
London Branch of the Winners Chapel is
expected to be at the leadership forum of the
Church holding on Saturday at Canaanland Ota
where he would be officially presented to the
leaders of the Church as the new resident pastor
in charge of the Faith Tabernacle, Ota.
As the resident pastor of Faith Tabernacle, Ota,
he is expected to oversee the activities of the
church worldwide and forward such to his
father, Bishop David Oyedepo. There is
possibility of alignment and re-alignment in the
pastorate of the church with the coming of David
Oyedepo junior as the resident pastor, as some
pastors are likely to be redeploy, to pace way
for the young ones in the ministry.
Meanwhile, the proposed hundred thousand
sitter capacity auditorium of the Winners Chapel
is expected to gulp a whopping sum of 50
billion naira.
This was revealed exclusively to Naij.com by a
senior pastor in the ministry. He said: “The
church is not taken anything for granted about
the edifice, which is a first class structure all
over the world. The money needed to complete
the structure will not be less than N50 billion
according to the findings and discussion on it.”
The project is expected to start before the end of
the first quarter of the year and end in less than
24 months.
Meanwhile, a Facebook user, Endy Edeson, who
was at this 2015 Winners Chapel Shiloh has
claimed that the presiding bishop of the church,
Bishop David Oyedepo, miraculously performed
a miracle which made a woman’s boobs grow
bigger.

https://www.naij.com/689904-bishop-david-oyedepo-winners-chapel-retires-see-takes-photo.html/?sola&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_group=+6040979677217&utm_campaign=255422597978832
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by joystickextend1(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2016
okay
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by modath(f): 9:38am On Jan 09, 2016
A nor fit laugh! grin cheesy

Is it a dynasty? or hereditary monarchy?cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by AceRoyal: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2016
Family Businesstongue

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Cholls(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2016
my brother man of GOD DEY RETIRE.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Demmocrats(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2016
Anointed by God to lead the church or approved by his father to lead the church hmmmm
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2016
What happens to David Abioye who heads Abuja?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by AdiscoPele: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2016
Omo, see miracle
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by chronos: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Lool....streeti take over
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Lanretoye(m): 9:50am On Jan 09, 2016
The new CEO,dokpesi son self don become CEO of daar com.
Who get the church self?,cos na ppl dey contribute money oo.
Dear Lord,please when will you give us sense!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Firefire(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2016
Succession planning as ordain by mortal.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by ozy4christ(f): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Dats y i dont like pentico churches,and i pray my hubby wont be one,90% of dem a just business and materialistic churches
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by deewhone(f): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2016
modath:

A nor fit laugh! grin cheesy

Is it a dynasty? or hereditary monarchy?cheesy
D same question m asking o. Dey don bring secular tins into church
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Etfash(m): 10:18am On Jan 09, 2016
Sometimes, when a man is anointed by God, his entire generation could be. Aaron the High priest and David the king of Israel readily come to mind.

Now, the above doesn't mean the call on Bishop David Oyedepo is generational; it however calls for caution. If I am not sure about the nature of his calling, I don't have business with who he hands over to or how he does it.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2016
Many Pentecostals flounder on transition because they suspend their rationality and delegate back to God what He delegated to them; thinking. Let's pray this will be different
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by chacoonder(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
Bishop Oyedepo, a very smart businessman.Oh!.sorry Pastor grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by nduchucks: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

I think David Abioye is more of a man of God than a businessman with global exposure.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by analice107: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
Where is this news even coming from? I am a church worker, and there was a global workers meeting today, am preview to the global pastor's meeting two days ago. Nothing like this came up. So pls Ops, do you know something we don't?
And, friends, we should be careful how we gulp down unfounded stories, and how we just accept this things then go on to malign the servants of God.
During elections, someone came up with the "gate of hell" saga, wen I watched the video of that service, I almost cried at how crafty some folk can be. How could someone think and put together something so far off from what actually happen, just to malign the servant of God? But you guys just went on chipping off at the man, to your own peril.
No one called these men into ministry. If they fall or stand, it's to Him who called them.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 6:34am On Jan 10, 2016
analice107:
Where is this news even coming from? I am a church worker, and there was a global workers meeting today, am preview to the global pastor's meeting two days ago. Nothing like this came up. So pls Ops, do you know something we don't?
And, friends, we should be careful how we gulp down unfounded stories, and how we just accept this things then go on to malign the servants of God.
During elections, someone came up with the "gate of hell" saga, wen I watched the video of that service, I almost cried at how crafty some folk can be. How could someone think and put together something so far off from what actually happen, just to malign the servant of God? But you guys just went on chipping off at the man, to your own peril.
No one called these men into ministry. If they fall or stand, it's to Him who called them.

Anas09 dearest,
The Egyptians despise shepherds so much. Never forget that.
Genesis 46:33-34 (KJV)
And it shall come to pass, when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation? 34 That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.

But I feel leadership transition is something churches up need to invest in so it does not take them by surprise and kill a great vision as it oft times does. Companies which have nothing to do with the gospel have mastered something the church can't just get right. Reminds me if this

Luke 16:8 (KJV)
And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by ideatoprince18(m): 7:41am On Jan 10, 2016
ggg
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 10, 2016
lies, lies and lies.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by greatme2good(f): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2016
What happens to David Abioye who heads Abuja

You have said it all he's heading Abuja but he will report back to Jnr David instead of the bishop himself.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Father and Son Ministries. May God help us, who am I to judge? The Lord knows those who are His.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by analice107: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
vooks:

Anas09 dearest,
The Egyptians despise shepherds so much. Never forget that.
Genesis 46:33-34 (KJV)
And it shall come to pass, when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation? 34 That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.

But I feel leadership transition is something churches up need to invest in so it does not take them by surprise and kill a great vision as it oft times does. Companies which have nothing to do with the gospel have mastered something the church can't just get right. Reminds me if this

Luke 16:8 (KJV)
And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light
I agree with you totally. But there's no transition in view anytime soon. I heard him at the workers meeting clearly saying, no one retires from serving God. He even said an old friend recently asked him if he was "still doing this thing" and he told him that no one retires from servanthood until death. I heard him saying that. If he intends to handover to Pastor David, he has not mention it. If he had even in secret, trust me, we would have heard.
Bishop Abioye is there, Bishop Aremu is there. Three of them started that ministry from inception, he is just the one who received the vision, but the two bishops are Aaron and Hur. Moses couldn't fulfil his ministry with out them. But look, God never instructed that any of them(Aaron and Hur) should be the next in line. He picked Joshua the servant of Moses to carry on.

There's one thing l have known God's servant for, he doesn't do anything except he receives instructions from God, that's why, with all the oppositions, he never responds back, and never looks back. He has his instructions, he moves on.
If God has directed him to handover the mantle of leadership to Pastor David, he will, and David won't fail.

Brother vooks, if you have ever sat under Pastor David's ministration, you will understand what am saying. He is good. but that's not to say, the mantle shd be passed down to him, except God instructs anyways.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
analice107:

I agree with you totally. But there's no transition in view anytime soon. I heard him at the workers meeting clearly saying, no one retires from serving God. He even said an old friend recently asked him if he was "still doing this thing" and he told him that no one retires from servanthood until death. I heard him saying that. If he intends to handover to Pastor David, he has not mention it. If he had even in secret, trust me, we would have heard.
Bishop Abioye is there, Bishop Aremu is there. Three of them started that ministry from inception, he is just the one who received the vision, but the two bishops are Aaron and Hur. Moses couldn't fulfil his ministry with out them. But look, God never instructed that any of them(Aaron and Hur) should be the next in line. He picked Joshua the servant of Moses to carry on.

There's one thing l have known God's servant for, he doesn't do anything except he receives instructions from God, that's why, with all the oppositions, he never responds back, and never looks back. He has his instructions, he moves on.
If God has directed him to handover the mantle of leadership to Pastor David, he will, and David won't fail.

Brother vooks, if you have ever sat under Pastor David's ministration, you will understand what am saying. He is good. but that's not to say, the mantle shd be passed down to him, except God instructs anyways.

Thank you Anas09,
Gossip sells BIG time.
One of his messages I listened to on YouTube titled 'fundamentals of church growth' left me convinced that there are proper structures in place over there
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by kedunaija(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bishop David Oyedepo Will Not Retire – Winners Chapel
http://kedunaija.com/bishop-david-oyedepo-will-not-retire-winners-chapel/
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by kedunaija(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
The living faith church AKA winners chapel has told members and the general public to disregard rumour which suggested that the preceding bishop of the church Bishop david oyedepo was set to retire from the leadership of the church
http://www.tellnaija.com.ng/bishop-david-oyedepo-never-retired-winners-chapel-confirm/
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mtcheew
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by analice107: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
vooks:

Thank you Anas09,
Gossip sells BIG time.
One of his messages I listened to on YouTube titled 'fundamentals of church growth' left me convinced that there are proper structures in place over there
Hello dear, how was your Sunday?
Let people keep carrying their rumours, the man is matching forward. What surprises me is, how people are able to ferment lies like this. And the gullible folk, maybe out of jealousy for what their own parents couldn't attain, swallow everything hook, line, and sinker, and then start bad mouthing, the man who hardly sleep for hard work.
It's hard to get to where God's servant is today. This lazy Children from lazy homes don't realize how hard working that man is. How many people started ministry when he started? Where are they today? Is it not the same Call, Anointing and the same God? Most of these failures from failed backgrounds don't realise that, even if God's servant were a con man, he needed to work very hard to remain in u business.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Goshen360(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

He "might" break out and receive emergency call to start his own business ministry. .. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Goshen360(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
vooks:

Thank you Anas09,
Gossip sells BIG time.

My brother, I don't know your stand on this matter but it's not a gossip, I guarantee you. Oyedepo had once said it in the past that when he dies, his son will take over the leadership of the assembly. This is just a copyright of how the American pastors does this same shitt. But, the Apostles doctrine never taught this nonsense.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
Goshen360:

My brother, I don't know your stand on this matter but it's not a gossip, I guarantee you. Oyedepo had once said it in the past that when he dies, his son will take over the leadership of the assembly. This is just a copyright of how the American pastors does this same shitt. But, the Apostles doctrine never taught this nonsense.
What guarantee do you have, are you privy to some information Anas09 is not?

Now,
A calling lasts a lifetime in my opinion.if Oyedepo is convinced of the continuity of what he started, he is best placed to appoint his successor. If it were myself, I'd appoint those who have labored with me the closest. If his son has been the closest, then no problem. But I don't have enough information to call his shitt or nonsense.

The apostles simply planted churches without regard to succession

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Genocide: Islamic State Beheading Christian Children / 10 Notorious Atheist Villians / ADVERTISE YOUR RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES ON PEDESTRIAN FOOTBRIDGES IN LAGOS STATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.