Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? (5574 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? See Who Takes Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Goshen360(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
vooks:

What guarantee do you have, are you privy to some information Anas09 is not?

Now,
A calling lasts a lifetime in my opinion.if Oyedepo is convinced of the continuity of what he started, he is best placed to appoint his successor. If it were myself, I'd appoint those who have labored with me the closest. If his son has been the closest, then no problem. But I don't have enough information to call his shitt or nonsense.

The apostles simply planted churches without regard to succession

I'm not talking from what Anas09 said. I'm talking from an old thread which I can't remember how long it was. Oyedepo said it, if or when he dies, his son will take over. That tells me something: Oyedepo is running the assembly as a family owned. The church of Christ is not family owned and that's why you never see or read the Apostles handing over to family members.

In terms of labour, where was Oyedepo's son when Abioye and many others started with him? If you're talking about dedicated and loyalty, I see Abioye having that to some degree otherwise, he might have acted like the Ghanian bishop that took over the ghana HQ. In plain and simple terms, the church of Christ is not family owned and these men should stop handing over to their family members. We do not have such tradition in scripture.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
Goshen360:

I'm not talking from what Anas09 said. I'm talking from an old thread which I can't remember how long it was. Oyedepo said it, if or when he dies, his son will take over. That tells me something: Oyedepo is running the assembly as a family owned. The church of Christ is not family owned and that's why you never see or read the Apostles handing over to family members.

In terms of labour, where was Oyedepo's son when Abioye and many others started with him? If you're talking about dedicated and loyalty, I see Abioye having that to some degree otherwise, he might have acted like the Ghanian bishop that took over the ghana HQ. In plain and simple terms, the church of Christ is not family owned and these men should stop handing over to their family members. We do not have such tradition in scripture.

At the very least, let's work with something CONCRETE and not innuendos. Am sure this is not too much to aks.

PS
I'd be mighty glad if I read or heard this with mine own eyes or ears
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Goshen360(m): 6:15am On Jan 12, 2016
vooks:

At the very least, let's work with something CONCRETE and not innuendos. Am sure this is not too much to aks.

PS
I'd be mighty glad if I read or heard this with mine own eyes or ears

Okay. This quote will remain a witness when it happens or it doesn't happen. It's well.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2016
Goshen360:

Okay. This quote will remain a witness when it happens or it doesn't happen. It's well.
It is well my broda
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by analice107: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
vooks:

What guarantee do you have, are you privy to some information Anas09 is not?

Now,
A calling lasts a lifetime in my opinion.if Oyedepo is convinced of the continuity of what he started, he is best placed to appoint his successor. If it were myself, I'd appoint those who have labored with me the closest. If his son has been the closest, then no problem. But I don't have enough information to call his shitt or nonsense.

The apostles simply planted churches without regard to succession
LOL. This guys. My dear vooks, it's very funny how outsiders hear stories before the Children in the house. Maybe, that was said in secret then when he comes out to us, he says something else. What I heard him say on saturday last weekend was that, no one retires from servant hood, until dead.
Well, I don't know what else to say.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by vooks: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
analice107:

LOL. This guys. My dear vooks, it's very funny how outsiders hear stories before the Children in the house. Maybe, that was said in secret then when he comes out to us, he says something else. What I heard him say on saturday last weekend was that, no one retires from servant hood, until dead.
Well, I don't know what else to say.
I hear you dearest Anas09,
Too much speculation is gossip and it's just not cool
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Princewell2012(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2016
Goshen360:

God bless you sir, you are absolutely correct.

This is what is happening in our christiendom today.

A case where pastors handlinging over to their wives and sons.

Pa akinkuyomi may be I didn't get the name correctly, the founder of the redeem christian church handed over to his interpreter who is pastor Adeboye, now let see if Adeboye will toll after his footprint.

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Retires? by Princewell2012(m): 11:11am On Jan 15, 2016
analice107:

I agree with you totally. But there's no transition in view anytime soon. I heard him at the workers meeting clearly saying, no one retires from serving God. He even said an old friend recently asked him if he was "still doing this thing" and he told him that no one retires from servanthood until death. I heard him saying that. If he intends to handover to Pastor David, he has not mention it. If he had even in secret, trust me, we would have heard.
Bishop Abioye is there, Bishop Aremu is there. Three of them started that ministry from inception, he is just the one who received the vision, but the two bishops are Aaron and Hur. Moses couldn't fulfil his ministry with out them. But look, God never instructed that any of them(Aaron and Hur) should be the next in line. He picked Joshua the servant of Moses to carry on.

There's one thing l have known God's servant for, he doesn't do anything except he receives instructions from God, that's why, with all the oppositions, he never responds back, and never looks back. He has his instructions, he moves on.
If God has directed him to handover the mantle of leadership to Pastor David, he will, and David won't fail.

Brother vooks, if you have ever sat under Pastor David's ministration, you will understand what am saying. He is good. but that's not to say, the mantle shd be passed down to him, except God instructs anyways.

Well you have said it all. If it is God who have insructed him to hand over to his son, good. But he decided to do that on his own hmmmmmmm..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? / “jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.