Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? (5493 Views)

The Angels In The Bible Has A Colour, Guess What? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
I personally wonder if God is actually all powerful because why would Satan keep waging war with him even though it is said he would lose and be thrown into hell, How foolish would you have to be to fight a being which can destroy you with just one hand?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by HappyPagan: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Satan offered them the earth.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Godfather92(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please backup your sentiments with bible verse. Thanks.

MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?

3 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
Godfather92:
Please backup your sentiments with bible verse. Thanks.

You can find what i am talking about inRevelations 12:1-9

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
From my own point of view ,I think God showed Satan a little bit of everything : the wisdom behind creation , how the universe operated and it's mysteries. ..etc. So with the little knowledge he had acquired from God , he too felt he should be God, and he convinced the angels to follow him by displaying a bit of the knowledge God showed him .

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
MykeDesigns:
I personally wonder if God is actually all powerful because why would Satan keep waging war with him even though it is said he would lose and be thrown into hell, How foolish would you have to be to fight a being which can destroy you with just one hand?
I do not think Satan is trying to fight God ; I think he is only try to prove a point to God .

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
From my own point of view ,I think God showed Satan a little bit of everything : the wisdom behind creation , how the universe operated and it's mysteries. ..etc. So with the little knowledge he had acquired from God , he too felt he should be God, and he convinced the angels to follow him by displaying a bit of the knowledge God showed him .
Yes this does make sense he was an arch-angel second in command so he would be able to do some things God can do
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
MykeDesigns:
Yes this does make sense he was an arch-angel second in command so he would be able to do some things God can do
I wanted ask if you read gnostic gospels.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not think Satan is trying to fight God ; I think he is only try to prove a point to God .

Here we go...

And what do you think this point is?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
theunnamed:

Here we go...

Maybe that making man was a mistake?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
theunnamed:

Here we go...

That man cannot love from his own freewill.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
MykeDesigns:
Maybe that making man was a mistake?

God doesn't make "mistakes", ever.

I'm my opinion, Lucifer's just being a spiteful lil bitch is all

Shelumiel:

That man cannot love from his own freewill.

1. Jesus was a man, and he showed us that man is more than capable of loving, the real and pure kind of love

2. I think choice is not on the table for us, we may think that we're making our own decisions and taking charge but it's all written in the stars... Every one has a destiny they cannot escape.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2018
theunnamed:

1. Jesus was a man, and he showed us that man is more than capable of loving, the real and pure kind of love

2. I think choice is not on the table for us, we may think that we're making our own decisions and taking charge but it's all written in the stars... Every one has a destiny they cannot escape.
I am sorry , but I do not believe in destiny. I believe that man is the architect of his own destiny. And I also believe that God does not fix destinies for that would be cruel and God , is not cruel .

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by MykeDesigns: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2018
theunnamed:

Ah but God has regretted, which seems equivalent to making a mistake, no?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 25, 2018
same way he is deceiving all the 'small girls with big god'
MykeDesigns:
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
MykeDesigns:
Ah but God has regretted, which seems equivalent to making a mistake, no?

No it is not, regretting something doesn't necessarily mean it's a mistake, it just means it didn't go quite how you planned it
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
I am sorry , but I do not believe in destiny. I believe that man is the architect of his own destiny. And I also believe that God does not fix destinies for that would be cruel and God , is not cruel .

See that's just it, you feel and even "know" that you can make your own choice, but somewhere somehow, someone has prayed that you show up, and God answers prayers....long story short God has a plan for you and it will come through, no matter how long or no matter what happens.
Just because you don't believe in something don't mean it's not true

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Op, this just shows how absurd the bible is. Many of the people who will try and explain this to you will use their own understanding. Ask for bible verse they will say rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
See kneegars trying to make sense of the white man's bull crap...
Good luck with that...

Exactly their intention, keep you occupied and distracted with their bogus tales while they ravage your land for your resources to steal, and admonish you to look towards the stars for your messiah while they steal the resources your ancestors left for you to make life more sweet for you...

Continue,..

Until the day we wake up and give jesus and the Bible back to the white man, we won't make any meaningful progress In all aspect of our life nationally and individually..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
theunnamed:

No it is not, regretting something doesn't necessarily mean it's a mistake, it just means it didn't go quite how you planned it

Regretting is mistake no matter how you try to spin it

If I regret doing something it simply means that if there's a way for me to rewind time to the precise moment I chose to do that thing I wouldn't have done it which arose from my realising I made a mistake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by wirinet(m): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
This was because God was too autocratic, like buhari, he did not give the angels the change to make any input into their own destinies. He just issued commands and expect absolute loyalty. Just like the rAPC, the disgruntled angels had no choice but to decamp.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Op, this just shows how absurd the bible is. Many of the people who will try and explain this to you will use their own understanding. Ask for bible verse they will say rubbish.

There's what we call "Suspension of disbelief". it means suspending a good part of your thinking faculty to go with the flow of what you're suspending your disbelief for

We suspend disbelief when reading certain fictions and everyone suspends when watching action movies. We know its impossible for someone unarmed to fight a team comprising 40 highly trained military men pointing a gun at him, kill them all and have his well pressed suit looking as good as it did before the fight started but we just pretend its possible for that moment otherwise we ruin the entire movie; we know tables won't protect you from bullets but we suspend that to see John Travolta use table as bulletproof. women know sex is generally speaking not as sacred as its shown on Telemundo and all those love sacrifices are horseshit but they pretend its true for the moment as it caters to their fantasy

Its the same way one has to handle the Bible and other religious books, just gloss over all the plotholes and pretend they aren't really plotholes, suspend that part of your brain for that moment. Once you're unable to get over a single plothole other plotholes you've glossed over gets bigger and bigger till you would have to choice but to put the Bible in the categories of Tortoise and the Hare or Guardians of the Galaxy

6 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

There's what we call "Suspension of disbelief". it means suspending a good part of your thinking faculty to go with the flow of what you're suspending your disbelief for

We suspend disbelief when reading certain fictions and everyone suspends when watching action movies. You know its impossible for someone unarmed to fight a team comprising 40 highly trained military men pointing a gun at him, kill them all and have his well pressed suit looking as good as it did before the fight started but we just pretend its possible for that moment otherwise we ruin the entire movie. women know sex is generally speaking not as sacred as its shown on Telemundo and all those love sacrifices are horseshit but they pretend its true for the moment as it caters to their fantasy

Its the same way one has to handle the Bible and other religious books, just gloss over all the plotholes and pretend they aren't really plotholes. Once you're unable to get over a single plothole other plotholes you've glossed over gets bigger and bigger till you would have to choice but to put the Bible in the categories of Tortoise and the Hare
This willing suspension of disbelief is the only way one can enjoy works like star wars. And your point about plot holes was also spot on as well.

Given the nature of god's omnipotence in the bible, much of what is in it becomes subject to "but why didn't God do X". It becomes clear that much of the bible is as a result of bad writing(like twilight) and as such it is a bad book to read and a worse guide to history and life.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

This willing suspension of disbelief is the only way one can enjoy works like star wars. And your point about plot holes was also spot on as well.

Given the nature of god's omnipotence in the bible, much of what is in it becomes subject to "but why didn't God do X". It becomes clear that much of the bible is as a result of bad writing(like twilight) and as such it is a bad book to read and a worse guide to history and life.

At some point if one suspends disbelief too much or too many times it starts affecting one's reality

You'd meet some girls who have consumed so many fictional romance novels, watched so many romance movies and TV series that its totally changed the reality of who their prospective lover should be. they want someone tall, built like a hulk, spotless, has eyes for only them amongst other qualities of "ideal lover" fictional movies and books have hammered into their heads
While young I believed many of these superheros were real and I even wanted to be superman, I believed those Action fights in movies are possible too

In the same vein a lot of Christians can't distinguish a miracle from arangee cuz they've consumed the ficyinal bible where a middle eastern son of a Jew was said to have fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. after the feeding he had 12 basketful of crumbs left over. so when they hear that someone blind from birth was prayed for by a man in suit and he got his eyesight they quickly believe it even though they have a blind man in their area who's been taken from one man in suit to another but his eyesight doesn't show any sign of improving. They keep hearing and seeing big miracles happen to people they don't know while people they know seem immune to miracle. that's because they've suspended disbelief too much

8 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

At some point if one suspends disbelief too much or too many times it starts affecting one's reality

You'd meet some girls who have consumed so many fictional romance novels, watched so many romance movies and TV series that its totally changed the reality of who their prospective lover should be. they want someone tall, built like a hulk, spotless, has eyes for only them amongst other qualities of "ideal lover" fictional movies and books have hammered into their heads
While young I believed many of these superheros were real and I even wanted to be superman, I believed those Action fights in movies are possible too

In the same vein a lot of Christians can't distinguish a miracle from arangee cuz they've consumed the ficyinal bible where a middle eastern son of a Jew was said to have fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. after the feeding he had 12 basketful of crumbs left over. so when they hear that someone blind from birth was prayed for by a man in suit and he got his eyesight they quickly believe it even though they have a blind man in their area who's been taken from one man in suit to another but his eyesight doesn't show any sign of improving. They keep hearing and seeing big miracles happen to people they don't know while people they know seem immune to miracle. that's because they've suspended disbelief too much
As in. A common scenario in the church is that they will bring a child and call him/her witch.

Ask the child how he knows he is a witch, he will say it is parents.

Ask parents, they will say pastor saw it in a dream.

Ask them why they believe pastor, they will say he raised someone from death, he cured AIDS, he regrew someone's hand(4evergod use this all these one's deceive our spirit filled brethren).

Ask them if they personally know the people who he healed, they will keep quiet or start insulting you. Best thing to do is carry that child and run to police station where you will report them for child abuse.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Regretting is mistake no matter how you try to spin it

If I regret doing something it simply means that if there's a way for me to rewind time to the precise moment I chose to do that thing I wouldn't have done it which arose from my realising I made a mistake

What about instances where you didn't have any other choice but to do the deed, say for instance leaving a loved one so you can go to work. Prolly not a good example but the point is regret doesn't come because you did something wrong, you can regret something even if it wasn't your fault or something that you did

A person can regret the day they were born
A person can regret the day they met some other people
A person can regret the day being how it is

It doesn't mean they planned their own birth or the people they come across or can control everything that happens in a day
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2018
theunnamed:

What about instances where you didn't have any other choice but to do the deed, say for instance leaving a loved one so you can go to work. Prolly not a good example but the point is regret doesn't come because you did something wrong, you can regret something even if it wasn't your fault or something that you did

It doesn't mean they planned their own birth or the people they come across or can control everything that happens in a day

This doesn't apply to God. He is omnipotent and omniscient. God should not even be able to regret. He should always be perfect, but the bible stoeies say otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by frank317: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
Can Satan be God?
Do yo think its reasonable for Satan to think he can be God? Does that not make Satan stupid?
I understand a loyal servant trying to be king, I don't understand how a created can be a creator of the creator

The story sounds foolish if u ask me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by dalaman: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2018
Mythology, mythology, mythology. If heaven is as good as they claim then why would angels want to leave it in the first place? If God is omnipotent then why would angels want to fight him in the first place. The people that invent this stories didn't sit down to examine them very well to see if they make any sense that's why Christians today don't even want to talk about them. They'll tell you that the world can not come from nothing and something must have created it. They don't want to touch the bible any more unless where they feel it will help their delusions .

3 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2018
theunnamed:

Omniscient entity cab never regret

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2018
theunnamed:

So God had no other choice than to create?
Them force am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bawomolo & Manmustwac / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? / Salary Scale: Whats The Salary Range For Catholic Priests & Other Clergies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.