Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos (21908 Views)

Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by miqos03: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
ok
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Friday18: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
A building like this can generate billion for the govt. But in this case, it generates zero.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by 9jatatafo(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
Africans can build but cannot maintain
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Genea(f): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ur monicker says it all,nxt tym use a gun
uselessgoat:
I'm alive. killing myself wasn't easy. I couldn't drink that poison cry cry
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Mistaarhlohki(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
When will we have a visionary government in this country.. All i see here na residential apartments sort of like a condomium setup for the working class like us...
Naija i hail

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
Genea:
Ur monicker says it all,nxt tym use a gun

Will u marry me if I stay alive?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by olamikhail(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by olamikhail(m): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
It should be made residential like 1004 Estate.

Duh....1004 was always residential.say something better.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by 1wolex85: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
Firefire:
The property should have been transferred to the BIGGEST Landlord in Africa.

Reason for the enmity towards Babalakin the winner of the bid.
you talk too much

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by tsdarkside(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
dont be a threath to naija!!!

who cares,wheather you go europe,rom,moskau,mekka,america,israel,iran,china....

but this territory is naija!!!......you are born a nigerian,you owe your allegiance only to naija!!!

this is naija...!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Meiji(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
olamikhail:

Lol... read his post again. Slowly this time.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Archiq: 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
When families are looking for where to lay their heads, such a magnificient building is rotten away. God help us, Naija.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by cutekhalifa(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Abi u called it federal secretary right Then go and ask our Oil president BUBU why the federal structure is in Deplorable State... Or all u going to blame Gej/PDP as well
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by ValerianSteel(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
Deplorable state.It looks like one of the locations in COD4 undecided
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
olamikhail:

Yes, 1004 was designed as residential, but not for the general public. It's to be residence of senators and honourables of the HoR before the capital was moved to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
saints2:
As I embark on a trip to the Federal Secretariat, Lagos office in Alagbon, Ikoyi, many things ran through my mind as, when did we get to this stage as a nation, why is it difficult to maintain our edifice and sustain our buildings? The Lagos in 1976 was a masterpiece to behold, it design still remains a mystery to me as it actually requires a gem to think outside the box. Fast forward, 26 years later, here I am standing on what used to be a masterpiece and envy of the world to what I will call a decay. Ever since the capital has been moved to Abuja, the rot in this place has been massive. It was reported that in 2009, plans were on gear to turn the building to a residential which was stopped by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola citing planning permission. Below are the current state of the Federal Secretariat now..

For more of these pixs, please check:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/the-deplorable-state-of-lagos-federal.html

A waste of Niger Delta oil money.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Genea(f): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
uselessgoat:

Will u marry me if I stay alive?
naaa am 4 seun
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Genea:
naaa am 4 seun

U sef wan eat Nairaland money. Yeye dey smell undecided
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
[quote author=OrlandoOwoh post=41809390]It should be made residential like 1004 Estate.[/quot

It's a bit more complicated than this. Part of the edifice looked into Dodan Barracks and has been taken to be a security risk but this shouldn't stop the use in my opinion. Turning it into housing units would only benefit the elite. What about turning it into a low cost business incubator for innovative businesses. Add cable based internet at 10 mbps basic speed with serviced team based offices and services etc and help Nigeria's young people take on the world.

What do you think?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by pweetychyka(f): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Why is the almighty lagos federal secretariat ikoyi, looking like a long old abandoned structure?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by KanwuliaJara: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
FASHOLA nor play go dat side? grin
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Umruz: 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
This pic is Back yard of Voice of Nigeria, is along d Fed sect too

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
uselessgoat:

I like your sense of humor.

Abeg, don't contemplate any further.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by saints2(f): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
Umruz:
This pic is Back yard of Voice of Nigeria, is along d Fed sect too

You are right... Its a mistake on my part
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I like your sense of humor.

Abeg, don't contemplate any further.

I hope u are enjoying the chanji that u people voted for We warned u then but u all said Bubu is a repented democrat. Now he his back to full dictator ship. Sai chanji cheesy
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Akanaz(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
chai! wot a waste of resources. I hope now that Mr Fashola as a substantive minister will realize and rectify his mistake on this matter.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
[quote author=greenpasture post=41815931][/quote] Not a bad idea. It can even be converted to a hotel.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by BTT(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

1. Many Federal government agencies do not have permanent offices. The buildings used for offices are rented. You have many of them in Lagos. I believe the Federal Government can save money by making sure most (or as many as possible) Federal Government Agencies move to this building. The building should be completed/upgraded and made fit for purpose. There is no need spending hard earned revenue and budget on paying rent for many government MDAs.

2. Another option could be to make it residential as some people have suggested.

The kind of politicians and civil servants we have. If it does not favor them, they will not be interested in it. It is part of the evidence of unseriousness and wastefulness you find in Nigeria.

I strongly agree with your point 1. However, one needs to understand the position of the LAGSG at the time. It posited that converting the place to a residential structure will put strains on the existing infrastructure of the place at the time, which was not originally designed to cater for the about 500 families to reside in the place as against the city's master plan. The state government argued that the FG's conversion plan did not include new access roads, electricity infrastructure, traffic congestion, portable water infrastructure, market etc. The FG on her part argued on the economic importance of the conversion -as if the FG needed the money to be made from that venture to break even.

Beyond the seductions of political hyperboles, the LAGSG argument sounded superior in my understanding.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by anukulapo: 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
uselessgoat:
Ahahaha. I saw some goats in the compound last time I passed the building,do you know them?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by akigbemaru: 2:41am On Jul 05, 2017
saints2:
As I embark on a trip to the Federal Secretariat, Lagos office in Alagbon, Ikoyi, many things ran through my mind as, when did we get to this stage as a nation, why is it difficult to maintain our edifice and sustain our buildings? The Lagos in 1976 was a masterpiece to behold, it design still remains a mystery to me as it actually requires a gem to think outside the box. Fast forward, 26 years later, here I am standing on what used to be a masterpiece and envy of the world to what I will call a decay. Ever since the capital has been moved to Abuja, the rot in this place has been massive. It was reported that in 2009, plans were on gear to turn the building to a residential which was stopped by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola citing planning permission. Below are the current state of the Federal Secretariat now..

For more of these pixs, please check:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/the-deplorable-state-of-lagos-federal.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Declares Tuesday, Wednesday Public Holiday / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! / Osborne Towers: EFCC Invites Ex-governor, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.