Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers (58968 Views)

5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate / Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by oleeee(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
wit juju dis dude will not grad wit 2nd klas at unibuja,,,17 wat!!!!!!
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
Obidikejr:

LOl they are eatin him raw ALREADY he wont try such next time

As in eh...lolz
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by onyowo(f): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Waoooo, he deserves it, ever smiling, easy going and humble Hillary....
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by toprealman: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
geesilver:
Sound unbelievable. But above all congrats
#hardfact
I know our reading culture is very bad here in naija but then the article is not that long. Very inspirational story...
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by onyowo(f): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
dulux07:
Impressive, nothing is impossible.

Abeg which sch is BSU
. Benue state university.....i know u know it ohh but u just wan belittle my school no p
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by tk4rd: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision... This is real.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by tk4rd: 8:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
17 unit carryover & graduated wt 1st class?
I kinda doubt ds story.
How many years did he spend in d uni? And are der no pre-requisite courses??

Anyway congrats to him
I doubt if you read the story.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Geebanks(m): 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wao.. Hardwork
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by HUMPHERY(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Please Nairalands we should try very hard to read on a subject before commenting. The write up said from the same uni not department.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Uyi168:
...re u sure u read whats up there??
Ask him o
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Vision4God: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
okenikpoto:

Did you read the story at all or is it the headline you just read and ran to comment and start doubting? This is even how your own carry over starts.

Back2sender
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
Congrts. He is my fellow Otobi alumni. We shine like that
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Kazrem(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wow. Got motivated. This very inspiring. Lessons learnt:
1. You can't succeed academically in studying what you don't love.
2. Sequel to the above, study what you love
3. It's never too late to start again
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Postivechange: 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Why did you subject your conclusion to the headline without reading the post. Your answers lies in the details of the post by the OP
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by chinjo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

Bros learn to read a story before jumping to comment. Are u low on megabyte? He had 17 carry overs from Physics department then changed his course to Psychology.

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by chimoskyg(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
Never it can't be possible.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Tobium1(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Space booked, wen I wake up, I will know how possible it is
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by CandiceJay(f): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Tobium1:
Bloody liar!!!! De same BSU dat my siblings graduate from Ah!! Well, fellow nairalanders, dat useless bsu allows student to go ahead witout repeating dia failed courses., Infact dey don't know how it feels to repeat a course. I am very very very sure dat niqqa never repeated dat 17 failed courses, cos if he did, dere's no way he wuld have graduated from first class
Btw if u know how to calculate CGPA, you wi know dat firstclass tin na scam

Seriously?? They've been bashing a particular guy for not reading d post b4 commenting nd here u are doing d exact same thing. Pls dnt get confused, d 17 COs were frm a different dept b4 he gained admission to a new dept. Dat is, he switched frm Physics to Psychology nd started afresh, he got a 1st class frm d new dept. Thank you for understanding
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by CandiceJay(f): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
oleeee:
wit juju dis dude will not grad wit 2nd klas at unibuja,,,17 wat!!!!!!

Dats y he decided not to use juju. Dats y he started AFRESH in a DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT nd got a 1ST CLASS. Read d story na

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by topearos(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
Are you sure you read the post? I doubt it. Scanner!

1 Like

Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by EazyMoh(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
rottennaija:

17 carryover may not have been for the same program. I think the first course he studied, physics may not have been his area of interest.
Nope! it only shows you the difference between core science courses and other disciplines of boko. I know many first class and 2.1 graduates of many courses may not even be able to graduate from other more difficult ones such as engineering.
NB am in no way trying to undermine the importance of other disciplines o.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Misternas89(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
chiol:

Truth is bitter and a trial will convince you. Try and borrow a course from any of these departments-Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Engineering, you will understand better. Students from science and engineering faculties, most times borrow courses from arts, education and even social sciences to boost their GP.

Yes, interest in a course is a factor too but some courses are tougher than others. You can't brag for me with your first class in Physical education (jumpology). Lol
Lol, e be like say na unilorin guy u be
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him

It proves one point... YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ
if indeed you took time to read the article you would understand what happened.

After you'll blame Nigeria for your inability to read before commenting
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by MagnaB: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
A classic example of the anology that goes "tell a fish to climb a tree and wud flop or tell a monkey to fly and wud as well flop but wen allowed to do wt they can do best, they wud thrive". Moral lesson: we all have that perfect niche for us, you just have to find yours.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Laryne(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
Speechless3:
shocked Its a lie.

modified: ok ok he started afresh and had a change of course. I for fear o cheesy
Its not a lie. I know him personally. He was a student pastor ( New Nation Campus Fellowship)...
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by elbaraj001(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
Read d content not d subject matter pls...
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Kbs468(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vision4God:
I kinda doubt ds story.

Anyway congrats to him
Bros, you sure say you read the story at all? and those liking your post too?

Didn't you read

¶ 300 level?

¶ 17 Carry overs?

¶ PHYSICS Department?

¶ probation?

¶ Instead of withdrawal, he bought new JAMB form

¶ while in 400 level, admission list came out and he was offered admission to study PSYCHOLOGY

√ meaning he had to start all over again from 100 level and eventually graduated with FIRST CLASS in PSYCHOLOGY and NOT in PHYSICS where he had 17 CARRY OVERs
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by son4century(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
refiner:
woaàaaw!!! I refuse to believe....if its true den he is a miracle child......his brain must be as sharp as his looks.....kudos
Refiner..... U again?
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Rexnegro(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2016
The school, the vc, the dept, the dean,the level coordinator, the student all need to be probed... after 17 CO? How they take compute the results? Well Congrat to him tho
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by realGURU(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2016
samju100:

it is not about physics, it all about interest. best graduating student in Futa bag 4.83 from physics dept. stop hyping any course.
ur souce or ?
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by son4century(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2016
Hmm! 0verall best graduating student for two sessions,
With gp 0f 4.57
Guess the students of dat school are super dullards.
Re: Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers by Mekyno(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2016
rottennaija:

17 carryover may not have been for the same program. I think the first course he studied, physics may not have been his area of interest.
most likely, poor in calculations/figures bt great in letters/ comprehension-lyk courses with his 'acclaimed photographic Memory' ........rammer la pour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Exam Hall In 1999 And 2014, Which Do You Prefer? / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes / Nigerian Slay Queen Arrives Her Graduation In Expensive Convoy, Wows Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.