Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu (37117 Views)

DSS Invites Arewa Youths Who Issued Igbo Quit Notice For Questioning / Faleke Picks Mohammed Audu As Running Mate / Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Travejyke(m): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
nicedas:
guy fade abeg, Christian can never b my governor, after igala, ebira r ntext.

This your opinion is laced with fanaticism bro. Even Christians voted for APC in kogi state.

#Saynotofanaticism

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Eshinwaju: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by muhakeem(m): 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
prophecy: I see Faleke becomes jobless between 2016 to 2020

he is such a coward, did he actually had an agreement of becomin governor with the party or it was an agreement of deputy...... we do not need him in kogi state, cus he does not know our pain
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by adaweezy(m): 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Akainzo:

Unfortunately, your assertion is quite wrong! Audu doesn't have to be sworn in for Faleke to take over the Governorship seat.
[b]
The constitution recognises Faleke as the Governor-elect IF he (Faleke) can prove that the elections was conclusive as the the date o[/b]f the initial election.

What part of the constitution?
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by davidthe16th: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
No I see why this APC will soon crash I think they have been reading too many story books. Even Karl Max did not behave this way.

This men worked for APC in kogi while Adoza was somewhere campaigning for PDP in case APC loses to wada. Buhari am beginning to doubt this ur change pattern

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by anonimi: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
Eshinwaju:
.. angry...always irrelevant trash being posted...

Do you understand English?
This was what I replied to, not so

yudee233:
Hope he only ate COCOYAM and not yam.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Eshinwaju: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
anonimi:

Do you understand English?
This was what I replied to, not so

..what does the topic have to do with your post and pics....
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by anonimi: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
Eshinwaju:
..what does the topic have to do with your post and pics....

You should ask the poster I responded to.
Thanks.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by baby124: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Faleke, make sure you give a full press conference, after they release you. A detailed one, word for word on what went in. If he is no threat, why invite him to DSS? Just don't eat or drink anything in their custody. Make sure you also mention all officers that interrogated you, and the people who sent them. At least let the world know their names for history sake, and in case anything happens to you. Let them use their own overzealousness to kill their own future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Mamatee07: 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
God will surely vindicate Falake, no amount of intimidation can stop him from seeking justice from the courts. If they believe he can't win in court then why are they trying to intimidate him angry Fact is no supplementary election was needed and Faleke should have been declared winner but some people are trying to cheat him but they tyrants won't have their way by God's Grace. Faleke will get back his stolen Mandate
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by okaagu: 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
End time for faleke in politics. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by harjayi(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
arewafederation:

Well, it was a friendly invite not an arrest.
i pray so
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by anwo247: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
Buhari is a dullard to the core....habaaaaa

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by anonimi: 12:28am On Jan 10, 2016
anwo247:
Buhari is a dullard to the core....habaaaaa

Could you please provide the link to the Falana interview on Channels TV you attached to your above quoted post.
Thanks.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Cityguy: 12:46am On Jan 10, 2016
seunmsg:

So, why was he arrested? All parties should allow the court to decide on the case and DSS should stop harassing Faleke and Audu.
Gbam! DSS has to be careful so as not to be turned into an instruments of harassment in the hands of the govt of the day. APC cannot muscle its way through all circumstances. They should not destroy this bit of democratic progress past govt left for Nigerians because of greed and selfish interests. Yes, Faleke might or might not have legitimate demand but that should be left for the courts. Haba! Which kain thing be this na? You beat pesin kon say make in no cry.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by poseidon12: 1:02am On Jan 10, 2016
ernesty20:
Arrest the mumu idiott.. Fighting for a position in another man's land.
Arrest him for what? And after arresting him, what would they charge him for?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by poseidon12: 1:03am On Jan 10, 2016
Cityguy:

Gbam! DSS has to be careful so as not to be turned into an instruments of harassment in the hands of the govt of the day. APC cannot muscle its way through all circumstances. They should not destroy this bit of democratic progress past govt left for Nigerians because of greed and selfish interests. Yes, Faleke might or might not have legitimate demand but that should be left for the courts. Haba! Which kain thing be this na? You beat pesin kon say make in no cry.
DSS is already being used as a political tool by Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Akainzo(m): 2:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Joavid:

Prove what?

INEC declared the election inconclusive. - and that's fact cos some LGA's had not voted then.

Conclusive and inconclusive, all na grammer!

Was Audu sworn in before his death? No

Faleke should return to Lagos.

You can debate the grammar all you want, the thing I mentioned is there for you to check. One doesn't have to be sworn in before his post can be inherited by the Deputy.

If the wins an election but dies before being sworn in, the Deputy would automatically inherit the position and would be sworn in. Read Section 181.1 of the Nigerian Constitution.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Akainzo(m): 2:08am On Jan 10, 2016
adaweezy:

What part of the constitution?

Section 181.
(1) If a person duly elected as Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with the approval of a simple majority of the House of Assembly of the State.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by KHAYGOLD(m): 2:51am On Jan 10, 2016
ernesty20:
If you know fighting for a post in another man's land is wrong, then why did your people try doing same in lagos? You guys are just one hel.l of a troublemaker and lagoon is open for you all. We don't deserve to have you as one of us here in Nigeria. You are a bad egg.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Hman12(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2016
seunmsg:
Yahaya Bello and his cohorts in the DSS should let the court decide on the merit of the case. Intimidating Faleke and Audu over a legitimate demand won't solve the problem. Instead, it would only heightened the political tension in the state.

which legitimate demand ask Falake himself is he an original indigene of Kogi or Lagos, he cannot have double state of Origin certificate its a crime he should either denounce Lagos state or remain with there, Infact he can never win any political sit in Kogi cos kogite are wise there are thousands of good people there.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Hman12(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2016
ernesty20:

My point exactly the idiots should rust in detention. .. ruling Lagos n also want to come n rule Kogi idiots. ..... I learnt he wants to use opc in Kogi
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by adaweezy(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Akainzo:

Section 181.
(1) If a person duly elected as Governor dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any reason whatsoever to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Deputy governor shall be sworn in as Governor and he shall nominate a new Deputy-Governor who shall be appointed by the Governor with the approval of a simple majority of the House of Assembly of the State.
Was audu elected?
You cannot add to the already existing Nigerian laws on the guise of favouring ones beliefs and inclination.
The late Abubakar Audu was not declared elected by INEC hence the legal corrigidum generated by the failure of the constitution to stipulate provisions on when a candidate dies while leading an Electoral process.

So S181(1) of the constitution does not apply.
Nb: elected is key
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by adaweezy(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by frank442: 9:20am On Jan 10, 2016
Falake is fighting for a just cos

He will surely regret this

He just want to kill his political carrier

Bad adviser
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Archiq: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is why we are at the lowest ebb. How Can a person represent 2states as if there is no other people. Now he is causing confusion in the State. He was not qualify to stand for election in Kogi again having represented Ikeja in Lagos. In Nigeria anything goes. Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of our nation. Only God will help us.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Rajjah(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Faleke should be assured that he will emerge victorious at the end.
Mr Tonye, all the while on NL, av been seeing ur posts, comments n so on. Though I m not a supporter of u or any political party, I always want wats best for me n d masses. I remembered u being an addicted PDP supporter n I hop its still so. One thing av learnt from ur posts all this while is dat u re talking on wat u believe in evn if its wrong, no one can call u to d right track cos u tink u kno all. I will tell you to just forget abt supporting d opposition party (apc). There are more dan meets d eye. U re not in Kogi state n many tins might not be clear to u abt d state. Wateva victory u re talking abt has bn given to d rightful owner. I dont av much to say. Just make sure dat u understand n terms b4 making a theory.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Akainzo(m): 12:02am On Jan 11, 2016
adaweezy:

Was audu elected?
You cannot add to the already existing Nigerian laws on the guise of favouring ones beliefs and inclination.
The late Abubakar Audu was not declared elected by INEC hence the legal corrigidum generated by the failure of the constitution to stipulate provisions on when a candidate dies while leading an Electoral process.

So S181(1) of the constitution does not apply.
Nb: elected is key

Well, the definition of that elected would be determined by the Supreme Court IF Faleke pursues his case up to that level. At believe me, he clearly has a case based on the previous Supreme Court rulings. Let me highlight the basis for you:

1. The Constitution of Nigeria, Section 181 is clear, if both the Governor & Deputy cannot enjoy the spoils of an election, a NEW ELECTION must be done.
2. The SC had previously held that in line with Section 181, ONLY a Deputy Governor candidate can inherit the votes of another candidate.
3. The SC has also previously held that a vote in an election is JOINTLY owned by The Governor, The Deputy and The Party. It averse that the only one transferable is from the Governor to the Deputy.
4. The SC has also previously held that a Supplementary Election is not a new election with a new date, BUT it is deemed to have taken place on the date of the main election.

Therefore if the Supplementary Election held on the main election date, then only Faleke can inherit those votes and no one else. This is even more so as no one on the Main election date voted for Bello in any guise.

Clearly, Faleke going by the judicial precedence of the SC, will surely be declared the valid Governor of Kogi State IF Faleke takes his case to the Supreme Court.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by adaweezy(m): 7:22am On Jan 11, 2016
Akainzo:

Well, the definition of that elected would be determined by the Supreme Court IF Faleke pursues his case up to that level. At believe me, he clearly has a case based on the previous Supreme Court rulings. Let me highlight the basis for you:

1. The Constitution of Nigeria, Section 181 is clear, if both the Governor & Deputy cannot enjoy the spoils of an election, a NEW ELECTION must be done.
2. The SC had previously held that in line with Section 181, ONLY a Deputy Governor candidate can inherit the votes of another candidate.
3. The SC has also previously held that a vote in an election is JOINTLY owned by The Governor, The Deputy and The Party. It averse that the only one transferable is from the Governor to the Deputy.
4. The SC has also previously held that a Supplementary Election is not a new election with a new date, BUT it is deemed to have taken place on the date of the main election.

Therefore if the Supplementary Election held on the main election date, then only Faleke can inherit those votes and no one else. This is even more so as no one on the Main election date voted for Bello in any guise.

Clearly, Faleke going by the judicial precedence of the SC, will surely be declared the valid Governor of Kogi State IF Faleke takes his case to the Supreme Court.
Dude am a lawyer and i get tired when people quote precedence without backing up their motions/opinions with decided cases and statutes ? The Supreme Court will not add to the definition of elected because of Falekes's Candidacy.
If we are to follow the decided case of Darius ishiaku, INEC, PDP vs the APC & Aisha Jummai; Faleke is a goner simply because the Court of Appeal decided that a candidate who never contested in a primary cannot challenge the election of Party's Candidate as he has no locus standi has an interested party.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by Akainzo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
adaweezy:

Dude am a lawyer and i get tired when people quote precedence without backing up their motions/opinions with decided cases and statutes ? The Supreme Court will not add to the definition of elected because of Falekes's Candidacy.
If we are to follow the decided case of Darius ishiaku, INEC, PDP vs the APC & Aisha Jummai; Faleke is a goner simply because the Court of Appeal decided that a candidate who never contested in a primary cannot challenge the election of Party's Candidate as he has no locus standi has an interested party.

Dude, you are a lawyer but not a bright one. The crux of the Taraba elections does not affect Faleke and the Kogi elections. Not sure how you can be a lawyer and be using a Court of Appeal decision to override the Supreme Court judgments/precedence. Shows the kind of lawyer that you are.

I'd implore you to do more research to improve your understanding of law. BTW, saying "I am a lawyer" means nothing as it does not validate your position. Note: Every decision of a court, implies one lawyer (the one that lost) was told he misinterpreted the law. So saying "I be lawyer" means nothing as you can be yarning dust!
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by adaweezy(m): 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Akainzo:

Dude, you are a lawyer but not a bright one. The crux of the Taraba elections does not affect Faleke and the Kogi elections. Not sure how you can be a lawyer and be using a Court of Appeal decision to override the Supreme Court judgments/precedence. Shows the kind of lawyer that you are.

I'd implore you to do more research to improve your understanding of law. BTW, saying "I am a lawyer" means nothing as it does not validate your position. Note: Every decision of a court, implies one lawyer (the one that lost) was told he misinterpreted the law. So saying "I be lawyer" means nothing as you can be yarning dust!
Kindly address the matter, I said you should state the precedence through which the Supreme Court can use as an authority in disavowing the earlier cited Appeal Court, why don't you educate yourself and read my 2 Month old article on this matter where I succinctly explained the legal corrigidum currently holding Lugard House Lokoja to ransom and how the debacle can be resolved. http://www.lawyard.ng/a-legal-analysis-of-why-the-apc-nominated-alhaji-yahaya-bello/
Here is the naira land link of the well drafted research by me 2 Months ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/2769110/legal-analysis-why-apc-nominated
Kindly address issues instead of attacking personalities Mr Akainzo it will help in your relationships with other people.
Have a good day.
Re: DSS Invites Faleke And Mohammed Audu by ernesty20(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
KHAYGOLD:

If you know fighting for a post in another man's land is wrong, then why did your people try doing same in lagos? You guys are just one hel.l of a troublemaker and lagoon is open for you all. We don't deserve to have you as one of us here in Nigeria. You are a bad egg.
then give us what we want.. U know how we roll nah angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Indimi And Kiki Osinbajo At Dunes Abuja (Photo) / Diri Duoye Threatens To Beat Atunwa Over Jonathan’s Invitation / Picture Of IBE Kachukwu In Arabian Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.