Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

How Do I Buy Nigerian Stocks From Outside The Country? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Buy Nigerian Stocks From Outside The Country? (959 Views)

Make Good Money Buying Cheap Bankrupt Stocks From UK / Learn How To Analysis Nigerian Stocks / Is It Possible To Trade In Nigerian Stocks From Outside The Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Buy Nigerian Stocks From Outside The Country? by pheebs: 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2009
Can anyone tell me a trust worthy way to buy nigerian stocks from outside the country?
Re: How Do I Buy Nigerian Stocks From Outside The Country? by bb6xt(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi pheebs,

Your best bet would be through a trusted relative or friend living in Nigeria. This is the setup: you will need to open an account
(i.e. the CSCS account) with the Central Securities Clearing System (www.cscsnigerialtd.com) through a reputable stockbroking firm. Some very good firms allow you to download the relevant forms(such as the mandate form) on their site. After the forms have been completed you can mail it to your contact to take to the stockbroker. In the future some firms might begin accepting payment online but am not sure if that is in existence now.

I recommend using a trusted contact on the ground because of the incidence of unexecuted mandates that is unfortunately prevalent. Your contact will provide the follow up which may or may not be necessary. If you have substantial amounts to invest you will likely get better treatment from the firms such as access to a dedicated advicer with whom you deal without need for a third party.

---bb6xt

(1) (Reply)

Requirement In Starting A Poultry Biz / Help I Need A Bank Contact For A Proposal / Www.nigeriapay.com Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.