Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office (33849 Views)

Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun / Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by AndLeo(m): 5:03am On Jan 10, 2016
Both MTN and NCC are incompetent. I don't understand what the hassle is. If NCC don't know how to regulate they should borrow a leave from CBN.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Cutehector(m): 5:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Who is d director of mtn nigeria? Pls gv me his/her number, I need to speak with him/her
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Cutehector(m): 5:23am On Jan 10, 2016
AndLeo:
Both MTN and NCC are incompetent. I don't understand what the hassle is. If NCC don't know how to regulate they should borrow a leave from CBN.
mtn is not even d problem, d bigger problem here is the ncc! Those people are money mongers! All they knw is to eat from where they did not sow. Ncc is responsible for the mammoth crowds u see at mtn registration points!
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by DYoung2(m): 5:31am On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Chartey post=41823103]MTN Please Stop This Torture In Zaria!!!

I registered my MTN sim early last year.

I heard people say MTN sent them messages to update their registration. They talked about the inconveniences they faced but I didn't really understand.

Just last week MTN sent me the dreaded message. I panicked because that number is on all important forms I've ever filled. It's the number I also use for business.

I cancelled every engagement for this last Thursday and went to the only MTN Connect store in Zaria at Tudun Wada. Tudun Wada is about 30 minutes from my place but can take an hour when there's much traffic. It took me about 50 minutes.

The crowd there was big. I was told there was a very long waiting list and they were no more taking names for the day. I had missed important activities yet couldn't register.

I got an MTN text last night just like many people did saying their offices would be open from 7am to 10pm today.
I planned to spend the whole Saturday at their office if I needed to. I just wanted to get this thing done.

I left home some minutes past 7am and got to their Tudun Wada office a few minutes to 8am.
I joined the queue to write my name. I stood for about 3 hours till 11am when the workers said they would not take any more names even though we'd waited for hours. Weren't they supposed to close by 10pm?

People were very angry but we were peaceful maybe because of the armed soldiers present there.

What was annoying was that some people were smuggled through the back door on arrival with the consent/help of the soldiers.

Now to MTN,

1. Why tell me to register again after you had acknowledged my previous registration?

2. Why threaten to deactivate my number when I had no fault?

3. Why put me through this inconvenience because of your inefficiencies?

4. Why not monitor your agents and ensure they do the proper thing?

5. Why not engage more agents? Kaduna is the third most populous state in Nigeria with over 6 million people. About 1 million of these people are in Zaria which is the sixth biggest city in Nigeria. Why only one incompetent agent

I don't want any bonus from you. Please keep it.
I just want my peace of mind.
They also sent me their stupid message that I should go tto the nearest mtn centre within my reach. I stayed in Dakata Area in Kano and their office is in Hadejia road, on getting there, I met lots of crowd and they also told me that there is no kyc reg for that I should come d next day. On d next day ame stOry happened and I've promise them neva to come to their office anymore. They can do anything they want with the line, I don't care
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by enitiObanke(m): 6:11am On Jan 10, 2016
Chartey,....they born you with mtn line ni?
Am in the same shoes as you are at the moment, I have had my mtn line for like 10 or 11yrs. Dutifully registered my sim sometime in 2014, but recently was told to go revalidate my passport photograph and fingerprint.
I spent last week in Sokoto, Sokoto state, and I went to the only mtn office in town twice last week. On getting mtn's sms that their offices would be opened 7am to 10pm this weekend I decided to try again Saturday evening ard 7.30pm. The place was locked, insolent guards told us (at least 50 of us NIGERIANS!!!) that they have closed. What happens to being open till 10pm?
I called mtn customer care on 180, the customer care agent was speaking boonkers, put my complain on twitter (to both mtn @MTNNG/MTN180 and NCC @NgComCommission; this is like 10hrs after, no direct response from either organisation) there and then, while standing in front of their gate.
One thing is for sure; I won't stand or even sit on a queue for more than 45mins just to register a sim in Nigeria,.... I no fit!!!
I will simply use up my mtn data b4 this Friday and port the number to Glo jeje,.... I no fit shout!!! I did the same to my airtel line 2013 April when airtel was guzzling my data like a V8 drinks petrol,..... I simply ported the number to Etisalat, I have not looked back since then.
Nigerians wise up oh, sim/number portability is one of the best things to happen to us after per second billing since the advent of GSM in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by mojeed4(m): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Bro, no una get time, they have been sending me message to go update my sim, I didn't bulge , they continued, I kept calm, until they promised 5000 airtime on activation.... I went there today @11 am, saw a mammoth crowd (in port Harcourt, heard only 2 centers are working) and they expect me to join that.... I left their, I will NEVER go their for any registration, if they deactivate it, I get another line (I do not even think they will risk loosing a customer like me) ...

Such a foolish network...

U just reminded me now, going to send them a twitter message... thanks

Why all of una dey like this na. When dem no wan block u people, dem fine them una dey tab them. And no way them no get choice, wetin dem wan do
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by enitiObanke(m): 6:22am On Jan 10, 2016
AndLeo:

Yea, NCC is the reason mtn can treat Nigerians like shit in a service-driven industry. And that minister of communication, Barr. Shittu, whose destiny and purpose in life is to act as mtn's advocate (within a week of his appointment as minister he slashed mtn's fine by a whopping 25%!). Personally, I see Mr Shittu as the weakest link in Buhari's cabinet.
It's not too much for mtn to work 24hrs at this period so as to ensure sim registration validation is done with ease by Nigerians.......
Spending hours in a queue to revalidate sim registration is dumb,......Nigerians please port that all important mtn number to either Etisalat, Glo, or Airtel while you still have the chance!

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by enitiObanke(m): 6:28am On Jan 10, 2016
ejibaba:
Some peeps are already turning it to a money making scheme. I beg them to block me or deactivate the line I will just dump it and port to any available network.

Guy if them block or deactivate yor line you can't port it again after that. Best thing is to port it while you still can, and revalidate yor sim registration with your new network provider....
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by showafrica(m): 6:42am On Jan 10, 2016
Edwinmason:
MTN always stresing nigerians
May be MTN mistakenly mentioned Buhari for the registration
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Welcomme: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2016
enitiObanke:
Chartey,....they born you with mtn line ni?
Am in the same shoes as you are at the moment, I have had my mtn line for like 10 or 11yrs. Dutifully registered my sim sometime in 2014, but recently was told to go revalidate my passport photograph and fingerprint.
I spent last week in Sokoto, Sokoto state, and I went to the only mtn office in town twice last week. On getting mtn's sms that their offices would be opened 7am to 10pm this weekend I decided to try again Saturday evening ard 7.30pm. The place was locked, insolent guards told us (at least 50 of us NIGERIANS!!!) that they have closed. What happens to being open till 10pm?
I called mtn customer care on 180, the customer care agent was speaking boonkers, put my complain on twitter (to both mtn @MTNNG/MTN180 and NCC @NgComCommission; this is like 10hrs after, no direct response from either organisation) there and then, while standing in front of their gate.
One thing is for sure; I won't stand or even sit on a queue for more than 45mins just to register a sim in Nigeria,.... I no fit!!!
I will simply use up my mtn data b4 this Friday and port the number to Glo jeje,.... I no fit shout!!! I did the same to my airtel line 2013 April when airtel was guzzling my data like a V8 drinks petrol,..... I simply ported the number to Etisalat, I have not looked back since then.
Nigerians wise up oh, sim/number portability is one of the best things to happen to us after per second billing since the advent of GSM in Nigeria.
Bros, this porting of a tin, is it dat pple can still call u with ur mtn number redirected to the other network u ported to? Or is it another name for just saying change of sim without having anytin to do with d old sim. Cos, wallahi, I am tired of mtn and their stoties but I hav got no choice cos it is my biz line. That line is the only address all my customers know.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by aspiz(f): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2016
It's same here in kubwa - Abuja.....I had to go early as 6am to put ma name down only to be attended to by 1pm
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2016
That's why I don't like being attached to a single line. My friends know me. The only permanent connection I have is Facebook. Okay, now that I have resumed my job search, I now have a new number.

Besides, I have never liked MTN.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by omokoladele(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2016
I cannot fit and go and come and die oooo

Me?? Register here? mbanoooo!!!!

With those Hijab sisters and being in the North again when Boko ti take over grin ...........I will rather travel far west to register it! grin grin
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Defcon1(m): 8:02am On Jan 10, 2016
ipledge10:
I still dont know why there should still be crowd at sim Registration centres...I registered my former Sim october 2010
You're lucky.
l registered in 2013, then again in October 2015...and now they still want me to register the same line in 2016.
They started with airtime enticement (5000); when that didn't work, they resorted to threats of blocking the line
l won't go till they block the line.

You are so lucky!
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by khadaffi(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2016
Chartey:

That number is precious. I need to find out how to port it to another network.
As painful as this may sound, you cannot port that number to another network because as it stands now you are not the owner of the line. The evidence that you own the line is when its registered in your name. This affected me when etisalat blocked my line then for this same purpose.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2016
jamarionj:
Hi charty... It's been a while Now. No one hears from you anymore.

Chief I dey o
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2016
Hablad47:
The truth of the matter is that; it can be done by the road side SIM Registration outlets and if I were you, I would walk up to any to have my SIM re-registered there and probably give a token as low as #100 considering the stress one would go through at any of MTN walk-in centres.

I thought so too but discovered they didn't yesterday. Everyone has to go to the MTN offices now.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2016
khadaffi:

As painful as this may sound, you cannot port that number to another network because as it stands now you are not the owner of the line. The evidence that you own the line is when its registered in your name. This affected me when etisalat blocked my line then for this same purpose.

Na wa o. Which kind trap be dis?
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2016
Chartey:
MTN Please Stop This Torture In Zaria!!!

I registered my MTN sim early last year.

I heard people say MTN sent them messages to update their registration. They talked about the inconveniences they faced but I didn't really understand.

Just last week MTN sent me the dreaded message. I panicked because that number is on all important forms I've ever filled. It's the number I also use for business.

I cancelled every engagement for this last Thursday and went to the only MTN Connect store in Zaria at Tudun Wada. Tudun Wada is about 30 minutes from my place but can take an hour when there's much traffic. It took me about 50 minutes.

The crowd there was big. I was told there was a very long waiting list and they were no more taking names for the day. I had missed important activities yet couldn't register.

I got an MTN text last night just like many people did saying their offices would be open from 7am to 10pm today.
I planned to spend the whole Saturday at their office if I needed to. I just wanted to get this thing done.

I left home some minutes past 7am and got to their Tudun Wada office a few minutes to 8am.
I joined the queue to write my name. I stood for about 3 hours till 11am when the workers said they would not take any more names even though we'd waited for hours. Weren't they supposed to close by 10pm?

People were very angry but we were peaceful maybe because of the armed soldiers present there.

What was annoying was that some people were smuggled through the back door on arrival with the consent/help of the soldiers.

Now to MTN,

1. Why tell me to register again after you had acknowledged my previous registration?

2. Why threaten to deactivate my number when I had no fault?

3. Why put me through this inconvenience because of your inefficiencies?

4. Why not monitor your agents and ensure they do the proper thing?

5. Why not engage more agents? Kaduna is the third most populous state in Nigeria with over 6 million people. About 1 million of these people are in Zaria which is the sixth biggest city in Nigeria. Why only one incompetent agent

I don't want any bonus from you. Please keep it.
I just want my peace of mind.

Seun, Lalasticlala please let MTN see this and help us.

You, like all other Nigerians, are only on that queue because of the free credit. Why you cannot just port to another network is beyond me..
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by bellville: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Same thing happened at Sabo Yaba. When I saw the crowd, I simply turned back and went to glo office to port. In less than 10minutes I was done. I deactivated MTN before they deactivate me. They should keep the 5k bonus. I dash them.

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2016
I waz hoping 2c Hijab nd Abokis
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by mrgreen4real(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
mtn is not even d problem, d bigger problem here is the ncc! Those people are money mongers! All they knw is to eat from where they did not sow. Ncc is responsible for the mammoth crowds u see at mtn registration points!
Don't wanna believe you. if NCC was the cause, why don't we see crowd at Glo, etisalat and airtel's offices. MTN cannot maintain their already have databases. They must pay our fine

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by bellville: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2016
DisGuy:
Is it really difficult to port? you still get to keep your number right?

how long does it take?
It took me less than 10 minutes to initiate the porting process from mtn to glo. Very easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Cutehector(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2016
mrgreen4real:

Don't wanna believe you. if NCC was the cause, why don't we see crowd at Glo, etisalat and airtel's offices. MTN cannot maintain their already have databases. They must pay our fine
people dnt go to register their mtn accredited registration centers! Go register ur mtn at roadside joints at ur own risk!

NCC is and will continue to be the cause!
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by otiigba1(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2016
Nigerians with their crowd rush ignorant mentallity, you are the customer MTN should be begging you to come to them, when some mad man blows himselves/people up there in the name of allah You will have yourselves to blame. For queueing outside MTN office

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by moreme: 10:39am On Jan 10, 2016
MTN. I am sick and tired of updating fingerprints and so on, imagine Mtn sending me another sms last week after I have done the update twice before then. Considering the stress involve such as standing under the sun for hours, pushing people around just to get it these done.
I will rather go switch my Mtn line to Altel or Glo network, i will no longer suffer myself for their negligence.
Come to think of it Why would MTN of all networks not be able to create a platform on the internet where subscribers can go create account and updated this informations since their staffs can no longer do the job right. Why must I update my fingerprints 2 times yet it's not save on their program?.

Please Mtn should please go to hell.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by ikisehchuks(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
divinehand2003:
If MTN DEACTIVATES MY LINE, I WILL DEACTIVATE MTN TOO!!!
I dey tell you.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by ikisehchuks(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
bellville:
It took me less than 10 minutes to initiate the porting process from mtn to glo. Very easy.
which of the offices did you go to? Glo or mtn
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by moreme: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
people dnt go to register their mtn accredited registration centers! Go register ur mtn at roadside joints at ur own risk!

NCC is and will continue to be the cause!

And why did Mtn permits their sim cards to be sold at the roadside?
See bro, Mtn has no excuse for this rubbish. Why are we not suffering from other networks. I uses Mtn, Etisalat, and altel. None of lines were registered at roadside.

Ncc is not the cause rather Mtn is the cause of it's problem because I think they are paying some staffs who are jumping some of their tasks.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by moreme: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2016
ikisehchuks:
which of the offices did you go to? Glo or mtn

Please details. I want to switch my Mtn to Glo
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by donem: 11:16am On Jan 10, 2016
@ Op the sight of those girls on that long black clothing in your second pic, is capable of unsettling some peeps due to boko-haram.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Cutehector(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2016
moreme:

And why did Mtn permits their sim cards to be sold at the roadside?
See bro, Mtn has no excuse for this rubbish. Why are we not suffering from other networks. I uses Mtn, Etisalat, and altel. None of lines were registered at roadside.

Ncc is not the cause rather Mtn is the cause of it's problem because I think they are paying some staffs who are jumping some of their tasks.
simcards of other networks are still being sold at the roadside.

Please I would like u to get a fact straight!

NCC fined MTN because they dey allowed their unregistered users to be continue operating their simcards

Please try to understand a matter before makin conclusions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Is A Samsung Phone In An iPhone Body - See Why We / Facebook Is Monitoring Me / NCC Releases Short Code For Ending Unsolicited Messages By Network Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.