Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office (33848 Views)

Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun / Mob Destroys MTN Office In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2016
og2711:

You, like all other Nigerians, are only on that queue because of the free credit. Why you cannot just port to another network is beyond me..

I use more than that promised credit in two weeks. I don't need it. Can you explain the porting process step by step? I'm sure others can also benefit.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
otiigba1:
Nigerians with their crowd rush ignorant mentallity, you are the customer MTN should be begging you to come to them, when some mad man blows himselves/people up there in the name of allah You will have yourselves to blame. For queueing outside MTN office

Many people there had registered last year.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Abudu2000(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
I can see much agbadas and mallam guyz around there,hope we don't hear another bomb blast.....
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by lasurjunior(m): 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
MTN (Most Terrible Network)
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
hilsocial:
Wow. Its unfortunate the OP needs the line for biz , i wld ve advised him to do like me, port to Airtel when the queue has reduced , u den cm bk. MTN's disconnection has really helped other networks. Flexing my Airtel.

How do I port pls??
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by ojnnaco(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nigeria as a whole has problem with database management... Person like me have registered for like 4 times
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by bellville: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
ikisehchuks:
which of the offices did you go to? Glo or mtn
I went to a glo shop. Go with a means of identification(driver's license, int'l passport or national id). You'll be given a simple form to fill and your fingerprint taken. A new sim would be given free of charge. In less than 24 hrs your new sim would be ready for use. You retain your old number.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by neocortex: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
finestiyke:
Mscheew,

All those innocent subscribers are now exposed to Boko Haram and Shiite attacks. Why is it just MTN that's having this kinda problems?

LIKE if you feel they should dump MTN for another network,SHARE if you feel it's okay to patiently suffer

Is this a joke or you are just doing you are an APC PR agent ?
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by muhakeem(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Femich18:

which location in kogi State...I guess its not lokoja
my brother, its in okene
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by hilsocial(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Neeson:

How do I port pls??

I just bought a new sim but if u wanna port with ur mtn no to airtel, it may nt be possible if u cant send sms cos u need send and receive a code for the porting process. Just google it so dat u will understand it better.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by enitiObanke(m): 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Welcomme:
Bros, this porting of a tin, is it dat pple can still call u with ur mtn number redirected to the other network u ported to? Or is it another name for just saying change of sim without having anytin to do with d old sim. Cos, wallahi, I am tired of mtn and their stoties but I hav got no choice cos it is my biz line. That line is the only address all my customers know.

Guy,....2yrs ago I ported my airtel line (0802*******) to Etisalat. I retained the same number, but now I load it with Etisalat recharge cards. If I have issues with the line I go to Etisalat, and not airtel. You get it now?
When I port my mtn (08036******) to Glo this week, I still get to retain the same mtn number, but now it's operational on a different network, Glo (so I begin to load the line with Glo recharge cards). Ordinarily, my contacts will still assume my 08036 is a mtn number.
It's like removing a plate number you like from your Accord and attach it to newer car, maybe a C-Class, but you register it afresh with the C-Class.
Lastly, please your contacts from your mtn sim before you port oh!

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by enitiObanke(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
khadaffi:

As painful as this may sound, you cannot port that number to another network because as it stands now you are not the owner of the line. The evidence that you own the line is when its registered in your name. This affected me when etisalat blocked my line then for this same purpose.

Forget that talk abeg,...... Chartey, go to another service provider's friendship centre, port the line and register it there at the same time. It's very very do-able.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by billyG(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
I will never register my mtn sim again,let them bar me,i will port to other network,Y cnt they preserve a common data base?let them pay their fine it will do us(nigerians) more good than a pfucking sim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Welcomme: 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
enitiObanke:

Guy,....2yrs ago I ported my airtel line (0802*******) to Etisalat. I retained the same number, but now I load it with Etisalat recharge cards. If I have issues with the line I go to Etisalat, and not airtel. You get it now?
When I port my mtn (08036******) to Glo this week, I still get to retain the same mtn number, but now it's operational on a different network, Glo (so I begin to load the line with Glo recharge cards). Ordinarily, my contacts will still assume my 08036 is a mtn number.
It's like removing a plate number you like from your Accord and attach it to newer car, maybe a C-Class, but you register it afresh with the C-Class.
Lastly, please your contacts from your mtn sim before you port oh!
So where will I do this porting? The sim I am porting to office or myself. concerning ur last statement, I should do wat with my contact? Cuz the statement is not self explanatory.

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
Chartey:

I use more than that promised credit in two weeks. I don't need it. Can you explain the porting process step by step? I'm sure others can also benefit.

My pleasure. The reason most people find it hard to switch mobile networks is because they don't want to lose their unique phone number, which most likely has been given out to numerous contacts.

Porting, or Mobile number portability (MNP) is a way to switch networks without losing your number and possible access to contacts. What it does is to take your phone number from your old network such as MTN and assign it to whatever new network you may need. That is why sometimes you call A GLO line and the ringtone will sound like that of MTN. such a guy has 'ported' from GLO to MTN.

All you need to do is go to the office of the new network you want to use (eg Etisalat) and they will give you a new sim. That's all!
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Chartey(m): 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
og2711:

My pleasure. The reason most people find it hard to switch mobile networks is because they don't want to lose their unique phone number, which most likely has been given out to numerous contacts.

Porting, or Mobile number portability (MNP) is a way to switch networks without losing your number and possible access to contacts. What it does is to take your phone number from your old network such as MTN and assign it to whatever new network you may need. That is why sometimes you call A GLO line and the ringtone will sound like that of MTN. such a guy has 'ported' from GLO to MTN.

All you need to do is go to the office of the new network you want to use (eg Etisalat) and they will give you a new sim. That's all!

Thanks very much. I just wish the minimum time to spend on the new network was less than than 3 months.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by WaffenSS(m): 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Why are they allowing hijabs?

Disclaimer: I'm a Muslim. But safety first.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by CioAngels(f): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ikorodu in lagos state is same, mtn is not organised at all and i think is only in nigeria they can do all the rubbish. Acquiring visafone is what i don't understand, when they cannot manage their mtn. Unruly company.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Femich18(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
muhakeem:
my brother, its in okene
Nawa o...Alryt thanks bro
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Bnexzy: 7:56am On Jan 11, 2016
My fellow Naija...All ds stress is jst cos MTNs were protecting d interest of Us.If Mtn has blocked lines wen they were asked to ,Tins would nt has been so bu MTNs den were protecting dia Subscribers Interest. One lv Naija, One Lv MTN. #042 4eva #Shoprite Igwe

1 Like

Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by yogun(f): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2016
I dont really know what word to use for MTN right now. In abt 3mths, this will be the 3rd time i will re-register my SIM card. what really is this problem?

do they know the inconveniences one has to go through queuing up endlessly to register my sim. The last time, i spent the useful part of my saturday there.

to further get me really angry, MTN is promising a recharge bonus of N10k, what nonsense?
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Bossman(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
Honestly there has to be a class action lawsuit brought against this company, if possible. How in the world can they put innocent folks through this mess and be allowed to get away with it! I went through this crap myself. Registered the sim a few years ago, but had to re-register it in October. Looks like their batch systems are not updating the data during the nightly batch run. So, even though the online/interactive system records it successfully and we get a "registration complete" message. At the end of the day when their system tries to update to the main database it is failing. And they are putting the blame on the customer and putting them through the nonsensical process again! Our government and authorities need speak up! This is all MTN's fault. They realized that and they are trying to bribe folks by giving them some credit after doing the registration.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by Bossman(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
You initiate the port process at the network you want to port to. So, in this case, just go the GLO's office. If you "really" like MTN, you can always port back and do the registration at a later date when the process is not as hectic.

ikisehchuks:
which of the offices did you go to? Glo or mtn
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by sweetestever(f): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
Chartey:

That number is precious. I need to find out how to port it to another network.
abeg if you get the means i dey your back send me the process through my gmail. angeljanet07@gmail.com. thanks in advance.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by sweetestever(f): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
how am i even sure they are not initiating us into any cult.
Re: Sim Registration: Crowd At Zaria MTN Office by kennyman2000(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
mojeed4:

Why all of una dey like this na. When dem no wan block u people, dem fine them una dey tab them. And no way them no get choice, wetin dem wan do

Hello sir, how can i send you a mail? Or you can send me a mail to ''kehindeadebayo4@gmail.com'' need to discuss somethings with you.. Kindly send me a mail and we can start discussion from there..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook Is Monitoring Me / The New Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Is A Samsung Phone In An iPhone Body - See Why We / NCC Releases Short Code For Ending Unsolicited Messages By Network Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.