Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War (679 Views)

What Soyinka Does Not Understand About US Green Card / Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi / Buhari’s Corruption Watch Begins To Yield Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by femi19: 10:10am On Jan 10, 2016
[img]http://1.bp..com/-177MKkouTNQ/VpIQFSU8DKI/AAAAAAAAK5I/hTejJQg3shM/s1600/Soyinka%2B1.jpg[/img]

Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has reacted to the ongoing anti-graft war of the Muhammadu Buhari led administration, which has saw a lot of so called big fishes caught in the net.

Addressing reporters when the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, paid him a visit at the Freedom Park, Ikoyi, Lagos, Soyinka said he was confident that established cases of corruption would be brought to logical conclusion.

He said the government’s determination to give Nigerians a breathier atmosphere was fully manifested in its resolve to tackle corruption headlong, noting that the President Buhari is very well on course.

In Soyinka's words: “The reason is that we have not had corruption being exposed on this scale before.

“We haven’t had a situation where it is being alleged and proved that the money supposed to be spent on defending ourselves, nation and neighbours has been shared among individuals.

“We have never had a case of critical emergency where children are being kidnapped under our noses, we are helpless and our soldiers have been sent to the front to defend our very existence and we are not backing them up. It has not happened before.”

Soyinka further said the fight against corruption is going to be a hard one, noting that it has already started.

He maintained that the administration has advanced the country beyond where it took over from.

“There is no doubt the country has made progress. We are not where we were before this new administration took over.

“Again, we just have to be very careful and I make this remark again and again. Corruption fights back and the hardest fighters are those already within the cesspit of corruption.

“So, the fight is on two levels; one, directly against corruption and the second is that you are going to prepare for a counter attack. That is where we are at the moment and there is no retreat.”

Source: http://www.trendnewsng.com/2016/01/see-what-soyinka-has-to-say-about.html

lalasticlala, Ishilove, Ijebabe
Re: See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by femi19: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by mars123(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2016
I stand with Buhari in this fight.
I would've stood behind GEJ too, but he stood behind the corrupt.
Re: See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by apoti(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Well said Professor.

Anyone with brain and conscience should be excited about the war against corruption.
The problem with the wailers is that some of them have brain but no conscience, some have conscience but no brain, while rest have neither brain nor conscience

1 Like

Re: See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by LordAdam: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2016
“There is no doubt the country has made progress. We are not where we were before this new administration took over."

With all due respect Sir, I recall you are also a US citizen, so I am tempted to believe that you see things through rose-colored glasses, and not from the view of the Nigerian masses who have one citizenship and one curse.

Now tell me, aside a lopsided corruption fight, what specific progress have been made and in what sectors?

-Lord
Re: See What Soyinka Has To Say About Buhari’s Corruption War by JaredNomak: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2016
I know Soyinka, he is not happy with how Buhari and APC is asserting their tyrannical tendencies on Nigerians in the name of Anti Graft war but then, he's a well respected elder statesman and it's appropriate he encourages the government in a sensible and matured way.

Many APC fans will think he's wholly supporting Buhari, no, he's supporting the government in a legitimate way. He's only encouraging corruption being fought in a legal way.

APC media still add their own shaa..

(1) (Reply)

North Korea Says Its H-bomb ‘capable Of Wiping Out Whole US At Once’ / Do You Still Think "Liar" Mohammed Is A Liar / Kogi State On Fire As Audu Supporters Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.