Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Entrepreneurs, Be Focused! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurs, Be Focused! (587 Views)

5 Reasons Start Ups/Entrepreneurs Should Have Mentors / Diamond Bank Listed In Top Three Most Customer Focused Banks In Nigeria / Why Are We Not Focused On The Big Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs, Be Focused! by semochendo1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
ENTREPRENEURS, BE FOCUSED!

I remember sometimes last year, I was discussing with one of my business mentors and he asked me what's my business mission and vision, after telling him, he smiled, and handed me some copies of papers to read. After reading those papers, I realized I've being a wondering generality in business, rather than being a meaningful specific.

This is new year and having considered struggles made by entrepreneurs in making things right, which is primarily hinged on lack of goal specificity and focus, I feel It's expedient I address some of the fundamental causes of this distraction that breeds business failure.

One of the greatest confusion I've observed among entrepreneurs is Network marketing, which I want to address in this post.

Let me make it clear, Network marketing is an incredible adventure I understand so well, I doubt if there's a book that better explains and demistifies it better than "The 21st century business" by Robert Kiyosaki and "Own your life" by Don Faillas, but as in incredible as it is, it shouldn't be an adventure of an entrepreneur, who has his business to build.

Many Entrepreneurs, because of our curiosity for gratifying our financial needs, we tend to follow and try businesses that come our way, and that unconsciously, has contributed greatly to lots of business failure. Yoruba people will say, where we are going is not far, it's the places we branch that prolong the journey.

In my opinion, Network marketing is meant for salary earners, who doesn't have a business of their own, or entrepreneurs, who do buying and selling. But if your being an entrepreneur is in providing services and you want to build the business beyond your locality, then Network Marketing is a wrong choice, for these reasons.

1. You tend to abandon growing your business while squarely facing the MLM because of the motivational packages attached to it.

2. If you claim your business won't be abandoned, then you should agree with me that you will have a divided attention, which will deprive you the creative thinking your business needs to take over in the market place. And remember a popular Yoruba proverb that says "you can't chase two rats without losing one".

Imagine a transplanted plant that's being moved from one place to another, by the time you compare it with the ones that were never moved, the transplanted will obviously be smaller. All you need to be successful in whatever you do is determination, focus and consistency. Be specific in what you want this year, take your biro, write out all you need to achieve, what do you need or have to do to achieved them, then back it up with ACTION AND PRAYER.

I will end this article with a popular quote, "if you can't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build his". No matter how much you make in a NM, you are building someone's dream, wake up and mind your own business. BE FOCUSED!

I wish all of us the best in life..... SEE YOU AT THE TOP.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs, Be Focused! by semochendo1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cc lalasticla
Ishilove
I suggest you move this to the front page and safe a lot of confused entrepreneurs.

(1) (Reply)

Whoelse Wants An 100% Interest Free Loan Now Without Going To The Bank! / How Much To Sell Banking Solution (microfinance Core Banking Solution) / Bafsms.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.