Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric (778 Views)

I’m In Biafra Struggle Not For Money But Right Of My People – Nnamdi Kanu / Armed Security Personel Now Provide Cover For Thugs In Lagos State / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric by fkaz(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
THE Arch-Bishop, Province of Niger Delta, Most Reverend Ignatius Kattey, has said that the struggle for Biafra was not for thugs and miscreants.

Kattey explained that it was necessary for people that mattered, including lawmakers, to come together and decide whether Biafra should be or not.

He stated that though he was neither in support not against Biafra, it was not time to begin such agitation.

The cleric was making a reference to the agitation for a sovereign state of Biafra by members and supporters of the Indigenous People of Biafra and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra.

Speaking while delivering his sermon on Sunday during an inter-denominational service to mark the Armed Forces Remembrance Day at the Saint Thomas Anglican Church in Port Harcourt, Kattey insisted that the necessary authorities should take a decision on the matter.

“Men that matter, including House of Assembly and Representatives, Senate, should come together and decide whether they want Biafra or not. I am not against Biafra, I am also not in support of it.

Biafra is not for thugs; it is not for miscreants,” he stressed.

The cleric charged the Federal Government to always obey court orders, even as he decried a situation where those released by the court were rearrested within court premises by security agents.

“We must obey court orders. If the court releases a man, don’t catch him at the gate. I don’t support them (suspects, but let us abide by what the court has said. We must fear God because He has the final say,” Kattey added.

http://www.punchng.com/biafra-strugle-not-for-thugs-cleric/
Re: Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric by cckris: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
ARCHBISHOP has spoken.
Re: Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric by brize(m): 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
One thing is certain and that thing is , no Hausa/fulani, especially fulanis understands what rule of law is all about....... we say rule us by law but buhari hears rule us by rod.......... Rule of rod... #tyrantbuhari
Re: Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric by DaBullIT(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
Continue to dey mumurify yourself with the lies on internet

From where i stand, scammers and criminals are the ones running the show
Re: Biafra Struggle Not For Thugs – Cleric by igwe44(m): 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
The children of the uncircumcised philistines don't know what is court order all they know is violence but the army's of the lord host will soon crush them.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Presidential Election / Must Read!! Unjust Structure Oppresses Igbo, Other Nationalities — Uko / Kogi - Governor Without Deputy - My Legal Suggestion For Faleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.