Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Dog Lover - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Lover (923 Views)

Dog lover's drop Your Opinion / A Dog Lover / Dog Lover's.. Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Lover by Endy10(m): 12:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Greetings to you all
Never thought I'd be one of the guys writing a post like this, just goes to show how little of the future we know. Well here goes nothing...
My name is Nelson and I'm very passionate about dogs, have been that way since I was little. Seems strange considering the amount of bites I've gotten. Mom used to scream at me when she sees another bite from me trying to feed a stray. I've never owned a dog, but I've had neighbours, long lost friends who had one and I grew to love them.
I just graduated from Uniben, and my dream was to become a dog breeder, dog trainer and people trainer for dogs combined in one. I was gonna own a dog training facility...well that was till recent events.
I don't have the money to buy a top breed dog...yet, cuz I know I would never let that dream die. I plan to improve first, the GSD breed, cuz its my favourite just after the Belgian malinios(though I cherish all breeds). But the cost now for these pets are high and is a stumbling block. I just want to use this medium to ask any kind dog owner who is willing to assist in making this dream a reality, I would really appreciate your kind heart. I know how this post looks like and would not begrudge anyone who passes it over. But I'd be glad if someone hears my plea. I stay at ikorodu, IN A house of our own, with enough space for proper upbringing of the dog. If you have any questions for me please feel free to drop them in the comment box and I'll do my best to placate them
Re: Dog Lover by Houseofglam7(f): 7:22am On Jan 11, 2016
Chai!
This Op is convincing sha!

Abeg, Oga Knyte, Prodegee, barcaboi..... Wetin una go fit do for am?
Re: Dog Lover by barcaboi(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2016
1. owning a dog is just the beginning. Vaccination, treatment, feeding is the main ish and feeding a dog with quality food supercedes even what u wanna eat. them no know if na garri u drink
2. u don't become a breeder overnight talkless of a trainer...lots of breeders know jack shit about training. ...Being a lover, breeder and trainer in 1 is another course entirely.
3. I stay in ikorodu too and bros I hustle die to get the 3 dogs I have now. 4 including a puppy.....my point is when you get something free; bros u won't appreciate it till u spend on it then when something happens to it; the way u'll run up and down to save it will be different
4.Move closer wt those that have dogs. learn one or two things from them and u wldav saved a little....Some GSD goes for btw 15-30k for those that sell cheap.....and maybe when you are ready; 1 of us cld reduce price for you and that's a big condition because no1 will watch his dog get treated bad whether gift or not.....
Sorry for my ITK but I tnk I did good

2 Likes

Re: Dog Lover by Endy10(m): 9:39am On Jan 11, 2016
barcaboi:
1. owning a dog is just the beginning. Vaccination, treatment, feeding is the main ish and feeding a dog with quality food supercedes even what u wanna eat. them no know if na garri u drink
2. u don't become a breeder overnight talkless of a trainer...lots of breeders know jack shit about training. ...Being a lover, breeder and trainer in 1 is another course entirely.
3. I stay in ikorodu too and bros I hustle die to get the 3 dogs I have now. 4 including a puppy.....my point is when you get something free; bros u won't appreciate it till u spend on it then when something happens to it; the way u'll run up and down to save it will be different
4.Move closer wt those that have dogs. learn one or two things from them and u wldav saved a little....Some GSD goes for btw 15-30k for those that sell cheap.....and maybe when you are ready; 1 of us cld reduce price for you and that's a big condition because no1 will watch his dog get treated bad whether gift or not.....
Sorry for my ITK but I tnk I did good

Thank you for you comment. I understand your concerns as i have been among dog owners, and I know all it entails to have a dog. The vaccination, grooming and especially feeding...training and walking. I won't claim to be an expert as we learn everyday, but I read enough about dogs and watch enough shows (I'm sure every dog lover knows Cesar millan). I also appreciate the point you made about not appreciating what you get for free, as is the case with most humans, but I can assure you I'm not a member of that crowd. I associate u as a dog lover and I know if you would not maltreat or abandon a dog even if its gifted to you. That is how I see myself.
I know for a fact that I would cherish the dog, if one was ever gifted to me and I would take care of it with all my might.

(1) (Reply)

Louisiana Man Uses A Mattress To Save His Puppies From Floodwaters(pics & VIDE0) / Difference Between Alsatian And Gsd / Good As New Infinix Hot 5 Lite For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.