Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? (3633 Views)

Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) / I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out / A Parent's Level Of Patience Is Eternal... (hillarious Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by missempress: 6:56am On Jan 11, 2016
I met a guy in school where am presently running my masters programme, he is into his phd programme at the moment, there was nothing dramatic about our meeting, we started dating 2month after, and it has been a sexless relationship so far, i have a business dt I run coupled with some professional certificates I am pursuing, I guess all that makes him love and want me (i am business oriented, cos I am of the mindset that a lady should be able to fend for herself) since i wont be a burden to him.
he is the one sponsoring himself in school, at the beginning the feelings was mutual, for me it wasn't love, I liked him and I thought this will grow into love, I guess he starts to love me more, this feelings would have been reciprocated until I discovered our level of exposure does not align and it began to reduce the feelings I had for him.
Suffix me to say, I have NEVER ask him for money, and I have gotten him gifts couple of times, but I felt there are things a guy should do as the man in the relationship to command respect.
To mention a few, ve been going to his place so many times, not for once has he paid my transport fare even though he ll always walk me to get the bike after haggling the price, he ll just wave bye.
On our first outing, this guy priced the bike price to the extent of getting to the 7th bike before we could go because of 30 naira difference, the way he always price transport fare anytime we are going out is so shameful, we ll keep alighting from taxi all because of 10 naira difference. Till it got to a time i always offer to pay the difference so we could get going.
Everytime he comes around to see me he always want to eat, and i always prepare good dishes for him, if he comes around and i am broke i ll just tell him i am yet to go get ingredients from th market, he ll just drop 200 to buy indomie for the 2 of us.
There was a time we were gisting about swimming and how I was looking for who to teach me and he said when we go home to meet his people in the village he ll teach me how to swim in the village river and he was serious about it, I was pissed off (cos he would have said the same thing if my friends were around).
Sometimes lastmonth, he invited me for a wedding in another state, I told him if he wants me to come he ll pay for the transport fare, which he didn't pay for eventually, at the party I was sprayed 1500, on our way home I showed it to him, he collected the money from me, saying we are ONE now, i was thinking in my mind, are we married? I felt he shouldn't have collected it. At least show you are the MAN.
He is backward socially, everything about him has been books and more books, I had to teach him the meaning of smileys in chats, simple things like lol, lmao e.t.c cos when i send any of the aforementioned to him when chatting, he ll reply "e wo ma re o"( meaning what is this). He has not tasted or seen baked beans before, does not know what hot dog, pizza, sharwama is, I told him its not about spending your money on these things that matters, but trying to know what goes on around you.
He is always bored when he is alone and wants me to be keeping his company all the time, which I refused cos I told him am not in the relationship to be keeping his company, I told him to get busy, make friends, go out more,recharge your go tv and be watching news or movie. (he said subscribing everymonth is a waste of money) cos I have a business to look after coupled with other commitments, he ll be complaining its because I dont love him.
He does not know what is in vogue at all, I took it upon myself to teach him, but the more I am doing this the more the feelings is draining, because he is not taking the mantle of a man in this relationship, I have been an independent woman for a while now, taking decisions for myself on many issues, I need a man that I can respect his decision and defer to.
Based on this, the physical chemistry is no longer there, I for one love to kiss, but when I kiss him, I feel NOTHING and its one of the reasons why there has been no s** in the relationship.
I want to break up with him soon, I know he is going to be devastated cos he is so emotional, and he believes he has a wife already( which is me) but I want to be sure my reasons are not too flimsy to leave him, and if I should hold on and see if things ll change.
On the good side, he loves me,he can help out in the house chores (I don't allow him though) he ll be a good father, he is willing to learn and change, very reasonable when we r discussing issues, he is likely to be a one woman type of man.
Should I still hold on ??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Cutehector(m): 7:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Wat kind of homo erectus is he? Gosh

Pls let go jor!

2 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by kennyman2000(m): 7:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Hmmmmmmm.... The faults seems to be much.. I dont see you enjoying getting married to him. That haggling of bike fare, he cant change on that. Sorry to say. Talk to him deeply and give him a time duration to see if he can change 70% percent to the specs of man you want.. it takes patience, i think you know.

All the best anyway..

3 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2016
Overall, he sounds like a good man who hasn't been tutored on a man's role, either directly or indirectly. There're some questions that will help you find out though :Did he grow up with his parents? How did his dad treat his mum...I mean financially. The way a man treats his wife can greatly influence how his sons treat their wives. Not in all cases though. If you find this is the case though, you can lovingly tell him what is expected of him in certain situations.

Moreso, is he going through some financial challenges, which is preventing him from taking up certain bills? Or does he have the money and has simply decided to be giving you 200 for indomie? If it's the latter, then there's a problem.

Additionally, you may also need to start up a normal, very casual discussion one day, with the aim of getting his opinion on a man's financial responsibilities with respect to a woman. If he goes something like,"If a woman is working, why do I need to be giving her money na?", you should know he isn't going to be a financially responsible husband.

So, just ask the above questions, their answers will most likely help you put things in perspective, as well as help you in making an informed decision.

Lastly, on pricing t.fare the way he does, I should think his experiences have shaped him that way. You never can tell what not having 'common' N30 has done to him before. You can simply talk to him about this one, and let him know you guys don't need to go though some much hassel becuase he's trying to get a N30 reduction.

6 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by cococandy(f): 7:14am On Jan 11, 2016
Long story.

Summary you need a richer,more generous,posher guy. Abi?
Pls let this one go. Some girl will still like him like that.
Go for what makes you happy. You owe yourself that at least.

Time wasting in a cardinal sin.

10 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2016
dude is 1 stingy guy n...seriously he is just a village guy u shd bring out of dat villa,wld be fun

1 Like

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by missempress: 7:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Gaborone:
Overall, he sounds like a good man who hasn't been tutored on man's role, either directly or indirectly. Did he grow up with his parents? How did his dad treat his mum...I mean financially. The way a man treats his wife can greatly influence how his sons treat their wives. Not in all cases though.
Moreso, is he going through some financial challenges, which is preventing him from taking up certain bills? Or does he have the money and has simply decided to be giving you 200 for indomie?

His parents are divorced, and he is from a polygamous family, lived most of his life with his grandma, he does some side business (I.e helping people write their project) , he is the only one that strives to go to the university among his 5 siblings amd actually see his academics qualifications as the only way out of poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 11, 2016
missempress:

His parents are divorced, and he is from a polygamous family, lived most of his life with his grandma, he does some side business (I.e helping people write their project) , he is the only one that strives to go to the university among his 5 siblings amd actually see his academics qualifications as the only way out of poverty.

Sis, I made some additions to the post you quoted...you can check it up again.

Seems it all boils down to not having a father-figure in his growing up years to teach certain things. If this is the case, you can lovingly tell him about a woman's expectations from a man I'm certain instances (paying t.fare, etc). If he's not ready to learn, or change those little things, then, perhaps you should flee, because that may be a pointer that when you guys get married and big responsibilities come, he may not be stepping up for you.

2 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by PresVA: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
His problem is poverty hence his lack of exposure and bargaining attitude. . . Eetttcc.. he has that poverty mentality. . If poverty is eliminated, all those attitudes will be gone...

Is he promising? Do you think he can manage a business if given the opportunity?
Seriously, if you can, help set him up..

But then, if you want a posh guy, you can go for it.. Don't stay in the relationship out of pity because it'll lead to disrespect and the guy will start feeling it...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by PresVA: 7:40am On Jan 11, 2016
Gaborone:

Sis, I made some additions to the post you quoted...you can check it up again.

Seems it all boils down to not having a father-figure in his growing up years to teach certain things. If this is the case, you can lovingly tell him about a woman's expectations from a man I'm certain instances (paying t.fare, etc). If he's not ready to learn, or change those little things, then, perhaps you should flee, because that may be a pointer that when you guys get married and big responsibilities come, he may not be stepping up for you.
He may want to pay her tfare et al... but does he have money for that? The problem i see here is poverty. . The guy acts the way he does because he's just managing. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2016
PresVA:
He may want to pay her tfare et al... but does he have money for that? The problem i see here is poverty. . The guy acts the way he does because he's just managing. ..

That's true...he may want to. Perhaps he doesn't really have. That's the reason I asked her if he was having financial challenges earlier.

If he is, its op's place to decide to be patient and wait for things to get better, or to move.
Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Bisjosh(f): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2016
His problem is not poverty. He's just irresponsible, stingy and archaic.

When u love someone, unknowingly u pay for some things. Did u read where d lady said she got gifts for him but he never did? (not even 500 recharge card haba!)it's just mere instincts to do so!

Poverty doesn't make u stingy. Whether rich or poor, if ur stingy ur stingy. The responsibility of ur marriage will be on u(children sch fees, hse rent etc)

And to cap it all, you're not of the same orientation,exposure and status. This will continually embarrass or limit u

My advice is this: have a deep discussion with him, watch for a month. If he doesn't change pls let him go.
You are a hardworking woman hence need a man that is compatible and would complement u.

Cc lalasticlala seun ati bebe lo grin

14 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by ambient: 7:51am On Jan 11, 2016
my dear i know this kind of a guy and trust me when i say u will be misearable when u get married ur kids would also be misearable with this kind of father....trust me.do you know those kind of men that would rather go to the market than give u the money or write down the item u will get in the market,thats the type of father and husband he will be.am sad to say this but you cant talk him out of it so those people advicing you to talk to him have never been with that type of a person.

do you know why he doesnt have friends? my dear its because he cant afford to indulge them,he is always afraid of them ever asking of help or even asking for a drink from him,so he prefers staying on his own than making friends.then he met an ideal woman in you who is independent and whom he wont have to spend on but just love.he will be so happy and over the moon.but know this,your boyfriend is unlikely to cheat on you in the future but you will always be embarassed ,misearable and angry all the time he will make your friends hate u because soon you will be like him.spare urself future unhappiness my dear.
poverty made him that way but trust me when i say riches wont change him.thanks

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by mrwonlasewonie: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2016
cococandy:
Long story.

Summary you need a richer,more generous,posher guy. Abi?
Pls let this one go. Some girl will still like him like that.

Time wasting in a cardinal sin.
ahann na coco grin

Should she not have her taste again. grin

Anyway Op tell him everything you typed here and if you see no changes walk out on him like this grin

Majestically o grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by babythug(f): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2016
You're fortunate to have noticed these things on time! It's tough being in a relationship with someone not on the same wave length with you socially. If the issues were only financial i may have encouraged you to endure as finances may eventually pick up. But if you stay on, sooner than later you will despise this fellow.

Some of the issues that will crop up will be mundane but over time you will find yourself constantly hurt. He will for eg probably expect you to live in a face me i face you not for affordability's sake but because he's saving money to build a house. You dare not buy fresh fish worth N5000 near such a man. except the cash is yours sha!!!!!!!

Some things are natural to each gender with or without being directly taught so his collecting the money you were sprayed is quite a questionable action. He took you on a trip and couldn't pay? haba! He can eat meals for free at your house but when it's time to put down na N200 him fit put abi? Even cooking indomie could cost more that that mcheeewww...

Free the guy and move on please! you won't regret it

3 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by zeb04(f): 8:14am On Jan 11, 2016
please let him go, it isn't about being rich and posh. only you know how it feels.... well not only you because I've come across them as well. very stingy and have an A in embarrassing you in front of friends and relatives.

2 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by babythug(f): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
ahann na coco grin

Anyway Op tell him everything you typed here and if you see no changes walk out on him like this grin

Majestically o grin

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by cococandy(f): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
ahann na coco grin

Majestically o grin
cococandy:

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Sammywalex(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2016
You happiness is paramount. You should do what makes feel more alive.

1 Like

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Chubhie: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2016
The guy is not vibrating your frequency. let him know your reasons for electing to move on so he can evolve and be a better human for the next lady. all the very best.
Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by FynBabe(f): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2016
I agree with you completely!
If she ever makes the mistake of marrying this guy, she will never be happy because I don't see the guy changing any time soon.
Bisjosh:
His problem is not poverty. He's just irresponsible, stingy and archaic.

When u love someone, unknowingly u pay for some things. Did u read where d lady said she got gifts for him but he never did? (not even 500 recharge card haba!)it's just mere instincts to do so!

Poverty doesn't make u stingy. Whether rich or poor, if ur stingy ur stingy. The responsibility of ur marriage will be on u(children sch fees, hse rent etc)

And to cap it all, you're not of the same orientation,exposure and status. This will continually embarrass or limit u

My advice is this: have a deep discussion with him, watch for a month. If he doesn't change pls let him go.
You are a hardworking woman hence need a man that is compatible and would complement u.

Cc lalasticlala seun ati bebe lo grin

1 Like

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2016
OP pls flee for ur life, if u don't want to end up miserable.
Some factors tht cld influence his behaviour is poverty, his mentality and the family background.
I know of a man who will tell his wife he can't buy his children provisions or give them more than a certain amount or buy clothes for festivities for his children nt to talk of his wife cos his father didn't do such and didn't train him tht way. The man wld rather go and buy things rather than give the money to his wife. Contributes zero amount to the wife's business, bt has no problem taking thns on credit from her. This man while they were courting had similar traits wt the man u just described, he tried a little tho, he bought the wife just one scarf thru out the courtship. And do u think those other siblings of his, wnt come around to pester u guys. There is always a general notion tht d more educated man wld av more money so don't be surprised when they also start dumping responsibilities on him.
The man seems a gud man but ur way of viewing things seem to differ, and he is a stingy person, imagine nt paying ur fiance's bike fare, she doesn't even need to ask b4 a man knws what to do, ordinary first degree studt sef wld''t do such nt to talk of a PhD studt, wondering how he passed thru sch since his level of exposure still seems so low.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by bjcole(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2016
The essence of relationship and courtship is for us to know who we want to marry and to also know if we meant for each other. You have to look at this relationship to know if it is the will of God for your life, you know what you want, you know what you are praying for and why are you guys not into counselling. I read the part of kiss and sex, I am a pastor, I can't really advice you on that, I am for no sex relationship, so I think you have to be pragmatic in taking decision and leave the pity party. I wish you well in your choice and endeavor.
Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Bisjosh(f): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Some factors tht cld influence his behaviour is poverty, his mentality and the family background.
I know of a man who will tell his wife he can't buy his children provisions or give them more than a certain amount or buy clothes for festivities for his children nt to talk of his wife cos his father didn't do such and didn't train him tht way. The man wld rather go and buy things rather than give the money to his wife. Contributes zero amount to the wife's business, bt has no problem taking thns on credit from her. This man while they were courting had similar traits wt the man u just described, he tried a little tho, he bought the wife just one scarf thru out the courtship. And do u think those other siblings of his, wnt come around to pester u guys. There is always a general notion tht d more educated man wld av more money so don't be surprised when they also start dumping responsibilities on him.
The man seems a gud man but ur way of viewing things seem to differ, and he is a stingy person, imagine nt paying ur fiance's bike fare, she doesn't even need to ask b4 a man knws what to do, ordinary first degree studt sef wld''t do such nt to talk of a PhD studt, wondering how he passed thru sch since his level of exposure still seems so low.

Oh my!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin angry grin shocked embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by PresVA: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2016
I think i agree you with you Bisjosh, you mustn't be so rich to show kind gestures to the one you love or reciprocate love...no matter how small..

Also, if he can't take responsibilities now, wonder how he would do that after marriage. ..

I still think his poverty mentality has a lot to do with it though
Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by PresVA: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2016
Onegai:

Surprise him by telling him business has packed up and money is tight for you and you need his support. The truth will come out.
perfect test cheesy cheesy

Op, heed to this..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Bisjosh(f): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2016
PresVA:
I think i agree you with you Bisjosh, you mustn't be so rich to show kind gestures to the one you love or reciprocate love...no matter how small..

Also, if he can't take responsibilities now, wonder how he would do that after marriage. ..

I still think his poverty mentality has a lot to do with it though

Exactly my point
Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Onegai(f): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2016
cheesy

I'm normally not one to ask people to run because of finance, but you guys went to a party, they sprayed you and he collected it, declaring you are now "One". Did he spend some of the money on you? Or did he pocket the money and smile at you?

Surprise him by telling him business has packed up and money is tight for you and you need his support. The truth will come out.

I know a man like this. He shared all bills before marriage and his wife paid for more things at their wedding, thinking she was being a loving, supportive woman. When they both got civil service jobs (his higher and hers the type that they wouldn't pay salary monthly), he refused to bring feeding money unless he wanted to eat, he refused to pay his children's school fees unless she brought her share (even if she was owed salary for months because state civil work is like that). The kids would stay home when every other child was at school.

Moral of the story? Men like your fiance don't change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by yetseyi(f): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Missempress, I am majorly concerned about the stinginess you mentioned,

What if he didn't have money or does he have and has never shared or bought something for you.

Has he ever shared something with you? not necessarily cash.

Collecting the money you were sprayed at the party is not too okay at all. Its like inviting your friend to an event she gets sprayed and then you collect the cash from her.

Its more like "If I didn't invite you you would not get this extra cash so bring it" An elder sibling shouldn't even do that to a younger one not to talk of those dating.

1,500 may be small but you really need to know his motive, If he asked you because he was broke then its understandable but if its because of the reason I stated above then there is a problem. Sometimes lack of funds can make one do what one ordinarily wouldn't e.g over pricing of stuffs and collecting the sprayed money from you.

He sounds like someone that is from a very humble background and doesn't have access to funds, he may just be trying to be prudent with what he has. If he is stingy you need to know and it doesn't necessarily have to be from monetary stuffs if he is the sharing type he may not be stingy but just being prudent meaning if he has 10naira and can part with some percentage, if he can part with his personal stuff of that then he is not necessarily stingy.

Sis you need to find out which is his challenge, Money cannot change stinginess but money can change poverty.

As for the not being in vogue stuff and not knowing shawama baked beans etc those ones can be worked on.
He seems like an archaic person -that might be because he lived with his grandma(one would have though that having a masters already should have exposed him a bit)

Find out more about the way he sees things e.g handling finances, training of children etc etc. The part where he said you will learn swimming at his village got me lool though but he was just being honest. When he begins to make more money I doubt he will think that way.

Overall he seems like a good guy and the truth is good guys are scarce but if stinginess is his problem kindly look twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Onegai(f): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2016
HaneefahRN:

That man must be our former neighbour. He had a car but refused his wife driving it to the nearby estate market to go grocery shopping. She would take keke napep in the hot sun and the car would be parked in the compound (and she could drive). When my mum (doing mama of the close) mentioned it to him, he said she should buy her own car if she can't go to the market easily. grin

I should really knack le hubbs this night o. With all these stories, he's almost a saint. Abeg lemme keep him happy grin

4 Likes

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by fabby27: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Our Level Of Exposure Is A Parallel Line, Do I Hold On? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2016
missempress:
I met a guy in school where am presently running my masters programme, he is into his phd programme at the moment, there was nothing dramatic about our meeting, we started dating 2month after, and it has been a sexless relationship so far, i have a business dt I run coupled with some professional certificates I am pursuing, I guess all that makes him love and want me (i am business oriented, cos I am of the mindset that a lady should be able to fend for herself) since i wont be a burden to him.
he is the one sponsoring himself in school, at the beginning the feelings was mutual, for me it wasn't love, I liked him and I thought this will grow into love, I guess he starts to love me more, this feelings would have been reciprocated until I discovered our level of exposure does not align and it began to reduce the feelings I had for him.
Suffix me to say, I have NEVER ask him for money, and I have gotten him gifts couple of times, but I felt there are things a guy should do as the man in the relationship to command respect.
To mention a few, ve been going to his place so many times, not for once has he paid my transport fare even though he ll always walk me to get the bike after haggling the price, he ll just wave bye.
On our first outing, this guy priced the bike price to the extent of getting to the 7th bike before we could go because of 30 naira difference, the way he always price transport fare anytime we are going out is so shameful, we ll keep alighting from taxi all because of 10 naira difference. Till it got to a time i always offer to pay the difference so we could get going.
Everytime he comes around to see me he always want to eat, and i always prepare good dishes for him, if he comes around and i am broke i ll just tell him i am yet to go get ingredients from th market, he ll just drop 200 to buy indomie for the 2 of us.
There was a time we were gisting about swimming and how I was looking for who to teach me and he said when we go home to meet his people in the village he ll teach me how to swim in the village river and he was serious about it, I was pissed off (cos he would have said the same thing if my friends were around).
Sometimes lastmonth, he invited me for a wedding in another state, I told him if he wants me to come he ll pay for the transport fare, which he didn't pay for eventually, at the party I was sprayed 1500, on our way home I showed it to him, he collected the money from me, saying we are ONE now, i was thinking in my mind, are we married? I felt he shouldn't have collected it. At least show you are the MAN.
He is backward socially, everything about him has been books and more books, I had to teach him the meaning of smileys in chats, simple things like lol, lmao e.t.c cos when i send any of the aforementioned to him when chatting, he ll reply "e wo ma re o"( meaning what is this). He has not tasted or seen baked beans before, does not know what hot dog, pizza, sharwama is, I told him its not about spending your money on these things that matters, but trying to know what goes on around you.
He is always bored when he is alone and wants me to be keeping his company all the time, which I refused cos I told him am not in the relationship to be keeping his company, I told him to get busy, make friends, go out more,recharge your go tv and be watching news or movie. (he said subscribing everymonth is a waste of money) cos I have a business to look after coupled with other commitments, he ll be complaining its because I dont love him.
He does not know what is in vogue at all, I took it upon myself to teach him, but the more I am doing this the more the feelings is draining, because he is not taking the mantle of a man in this relationship, I have been an independent woman for a while now, taking decisions for myself on many issues, I need a man that I can respect his decision and defer to.
Based on this, the physical chemistry is no longer there, I for one love to kiss, but when I kiss him, I feel NOTHING and its one of the reasons why there has been no s** in the relationship.
I want to break up with him soon, I know he is going to be devastated cos he is so emotional, and he believes he has a wife already( which is me) but I want to be sure my reasons are not too flimsy to leave him, and if I should hold on and see if things ll change.
On the good side, he loves me,he can help out in the house chores (I don't allow him though) he ll be a good father, he is willing to learn and change, very reasonable when we r discussing issues, he is likely to be a one woman type of man.
Should I still hold on ??
Run please

He is who he is. I don't believe that positive aspect of him. He is pretending.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does My Son Prefer His Father Over Me? / See The Hand Writing Of My Four-year Old Niece (PICTURES And VIDEO) / Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.