Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? (3643 Views)

Introverts, How Are You Coping During This Festive Period? / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Jack273: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
I'm currently the only one at home right now and is not as if I can't go out if I want to. The problem is I don't want to and this is how I have been most of my life and I like it.

So my question is for the married introverts here, how did you meet your spouse? Did you have to behave outgoing or you where just being yourself when it happened.

For those who don't mind you can also share with us how long it's been now and how you knew he or she was the one.

I'm not actually ready for marriage now but I'm just asking because I want to start preparing myself. I don't want to get to the bridge and realize it's actually not a bridge but a tunnel or elevator.

There is this saying that "if Mohammed does not go to the mountain, the mountain will come to Mohammed." How true is this? Should I wait for her to come to me when it is time?

Please take your time to answer, I like reading so I don't mind if your answer is long.

MODIFIED;
This might take a while, it's like all the introverts are not yet married or have crawled back into their shells.

Okay even if you guys are not yet married, please share your experience.
If your partner or ex was the Introverted one, how did you guys meet?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Edibles20: 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
We met at work. Honestly we both were ready to settle down, and I think it worked for us.
Now married, both of us run back home soon as we are done with work. We are our own crowd and groove. We both can remain indoors for the entire year without stepping out of the house.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Jack273: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:
We met at work. Honestly we both were ready to settle down, and I think it worked for us.
Now married, both of us run back home soon as we are done with work. We are our own crowd and groove. We both can remain indoors for the entire year without stepping out of the house.
Wow this is so nice. I'm also suspecting that I'll meet mine at work too. Maybe church or school (cos these are the only reason I leave my house) but school is almost over for me sha and nothing don happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dem toast her for me

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by mideyphilip: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
shocked
Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
southniyikaye:
Dem toast her for me
And shame no dey catch you?
Blue pill somebori.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Alero3Arubi:

And shame no dey catch you?
Blue pill somebori.
grin grin
get two kids together so where d shame Wan for come?

11 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Yuneehk(f): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:
I had smiles on my face by the time I was done reading this. It's cooler marrying your kind of person else you'll be trying too hard to fit into the lifestyle of the other person.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:

ENERGY!! cool

14 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
I actually have a phobia for extremely outgoing people...

I’m not an introvert per se, but that lifestyle of this party today... that groove tomorrow... that club by the weekend. It’s not my thing at all.

I feel better with people who don’t mind staying at home all day. Let all the fun happen at home... gist, laugh, cook, watch movies... games, host the friends...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Omoluabi16(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:
both of us run back home soon as we are done with work. We are our own crowd and groove. We both can remain indoors for the entire year without stepping out of the house.
Now this is lovely.

3 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by merieam16(f): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:
hmm nice I can imagine hw d lockdown will b a blessing 4 u both

8 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Herbephe1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
most of them met them online, and introverts are experts when it comes to online dating 💕

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by saintvc(m): 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edibles20:

Financially, two introvert will struggle to make more money( except online) yet,they are not extravagant in spending

4 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by saintvc(m): 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
southniyikaye:
Dem toast her for me
dem go Bleep am for u too
Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by saintvc(m): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
ONE GOOD THING ABOUT BEING AN INTROVERT IS THAT YOU DON'T CHASE GIRLS,, NO YOI NATURALLY IGNORE THEM ,THEN THEY COME FORBYOU,TGEN YOU CAN CHOOSE THE ONE U WANT

9 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
saintvc:

Financially, two introvert will struggle to make more money( except online) yet,they are not extravagant in spending
Why do you think two introverts will struggle to make ‘more’ money?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by saintvc(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
doitforyou:

Why do you think two introverts will struggle to make ‘more’ money?

one may have two jobs simultaneously. one day...one night. an introvert is always eager to go home and recharge.....but those good at computer make money from home

1 Like

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Edibles20: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
saintvc:

We don’t spend up to 20% of what we jointly earn/make monthly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Let me be learning

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
saintvc:

one may have two jobs simultaneously. one day...one night. an introvert is always eager to go home and recharge.....but those good at computer make money from home
Introverts like every other human know the value of work and earning an income. They do their jobs to their fullest ability but prefer to spend their downtime alone.

There are introverts that are presidents, actors, motivational speakers, billionaires, successful CEOs etc. introversion doesn’t stop you from doing your job and doing it well.

Human personality is complex, people aren’t just introverts, they’re a combination of many characteristics.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
There’s a difference between introversion and being shy, timid, or lacking in self confidence. Introversion simply means you prefer your own company more than being in the company of others. An extreme introvert male shouldn’t have a problem asking a girl for a date if he isn’t timid or shy. There are lots of male introverts that have no problem approaching girls.

Also, it’s not a given having an introverted partner that sits his ass at home will be bliss, introverts prefer their own company. You can live with an introvert in the same room and still be lonely as fvck, the introvert is fine on their own and don’t have to engage, especially with so many entertainment apps within reach.

Introverts don’t fear humans, they can hold a job, chat up men/women... yea no parties or large social groups but introverts can literally do every other thing an extrovert can do, they just prefer their own company during their downtime.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by XX01(f): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
I'm an extreme introvert but my husband is the very opposite. That person who is the life of the party. Luckily, we met in school so it was easier. I'm quiet, he is not and we both liked what we saw. Became friends, saw we had the same values and family dynamics and decided to get married.

10 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by XX01(f): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
doitforyou:
There’s a difference between introversion and being shy, timid, or lacking in self confidence. Introversion simply means you prefer your own company more than being in the company of others. An extreme introvert male shouldn’t have a problem asking a girl for a date if he isn’t timid or shy. There are lots of male introverts that have no problem approaching girls.

Also, it’s not a given having an introvert for a partner will be bliss, introverts prefer their own company, you can live with an introvert in the same room and still be lonely as fvck, the introvert is fine on their own and don’t have to engage, especially with so many entertainment apps within reach.

Introverts don’t fear humans, they can hold a job, chat up men/women... yea no parties or large social groups but introverts can literally do every other thing an extrovert can do, they just prefer their own company during their downtime.

I don't necessarily agree with you. Even extreme extroverts like my husband or my dad prefer their own company in their downtime. Dictionary definitions for you:

1. Introvert - a shy, reticent person.
2. Extrovert - an outgoing, overtly expressive person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by wunmi590(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
I actually have a phobia for extremely outgoing people...

I’m not an introvert per se, but that lifestyle of this party today... that groove tomorrow... that club by the weekend. It’s not my thing at all.

I feel better with people who don’t mind staying at home all day. Let all the fun happen at home... gist, laugh, cook, watch movies... games, host the friends...

Honestly you just described me.

But thank God I met somebody like me too.

3 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2020
XX01:

I don't necessarily agree with you. Even extreme extroverts like my husband or my dad prefer their own company in their downtime. Dictionary definitions for you:

1. Introvert - a shy, reticent person.
2. Extrovert - an outgoing, overtly expressive person.
Being shy and being introverted are two different things. Not all introverts are shy and not all shy people are introverts, there are many studies/topics on this by psychologists, you can find them on the internet.

There are shy extroverts.

Yes! You would disagree because a human personality is complex, not all introverts behave alike, the only thing they have in common is how they spend their time. We don’t have just one character trait and for the ones we have they occur on a spectrum. Most psychologists believe there are more ambiverts than the other extremes.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by XX01(f): 12:32am On Jun 20, 2020
doitforyou:

Being shy and being introverted are two different things. Not all introverts are shy and not all shy people are introverts, there are many studies/topics on this by psychologists, you can find them on the internet.

Yes! You would disagree because a human personality is complex, not all introverts behave alike, the only thing that have in common is how they spend their time. We don’t have just one character trait and for the ones we have they occur on a spectrum. Most psychologists believe there are more ambiverts than the other extremes.

Exactly my point. So we are now saying the same thing. Saying those who would not be able to ask out a girl because they are introverts are lacking in confidence and are timid is an oversimplification. That's the part i actually didn't agree with. I agree on shyness, that's a very good point. My definition of an introvert is someone who either keeps their own company or a close knit group of very few friends and are usually quiet and find external simulation as draining.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 12:57am On Jun 20, 2020
OP, some introverts have no qualms approaching a potential love interest, their problem is usually limited options because of their limited social interactions. Relationships tend to start organically, they often meet their SO at work, school, church/mosque etc.

10 Likes

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by XX01(f): 2:31am On Jun 20, 2020
Okay, won't derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Chinwetalu: 3:29am On Jun 20, 2020
which pairing is better Extrovert vs Introvert or Introvert vs Introvert?
Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:09am On Jun 20, 2020
doitforyou:

Yes! You would disagree because a human personality is complex, not all introverts behave alike, the only thing they have in common is how they spend their time. We don’t have just one character trait and for the ones we have they occur on a spectrum. Most psychologists believe there are more ambiverts than the other extremes.
Well said
I am more of an introvert than an extrovert although I could leverage on both but I am not shy,I am bold and confident .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? by doitforyou(f): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Well said
I am more of an introvert than an extrovert although I could leverage on both but I am not shy,I am bold and confident .
Right?!

Tired of this caricature profile of an introvert NL has created or defined.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

8–day-old Baby Drugged, Dumped In Uncompleted Building / Two Sets Of Black And White Twins Born In The Same Family. / Why Does My Son Prefer His Father Over Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.