Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. (4750 Views)

5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2012
goshen360:
Oga sir, why are you contradicting yourself? Hmnn, WHY? I mean seriously WHY? Read what you typed over again. Abraham obeyed the commandments and laws of God, he was not forced, HE DID IT VOLUNTARILY. SERIOUSLY? You need to go back to the basic sir, am so sorry.

Don't flatter yourself.

goshen360:
It's either he did it voluntarily and God didn't speak to him or God spoke to him and he obey. You cannot voluntarily do what God commands. Voluntarily is my personal decision. Okay, If you say God told him to Abraham to pay tithe as even suppose the voluntary you said, THEN DO US A HONOUR AND SHOW US WHERE IT WAS TOLD OR COMMANDED TO ABRAHAM WHERE GOD TOLD HIM TO PAY TITHE. REMEMBER ABRAHAM WAS ALREADY RICH BEFORE HE GAVE TITHE TO MELCHIZEDEK AND NO WHERE ARE WE TOLD IT WAS BY PAYING TITHE THAT HE BECAME RICH.

I don't know what you are yapping about. God does not put a gun to anyone's head when He speaks. If you choose to obey Him it's a decision you've taken and it's not by force. Christians have voluntarily made the decision to obey God and that is not by compulsion.

goshen360:
AGAIN, YOU ARE CAUGHT UP IN YOUR OWN WORDS OR WEB. PLEASE SHOW US WHERE ABRAHAM WAS COMMANDED TO TITHE SIR OR FOREVER REMAIN A CERTIFIED SCRIPTURE TWISTING TEACHER.

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR EXPLANATION.

You should rather wait on what God says in His words instead of waiting for man's opinions. This is what God says about Abraham.

"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statues, and my laws" (Genesis 26:5).

If you are still waiting for where God told Abraham to pay tithe you should also search for where God told Abel and others to make sacrifical offerings.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by cgift(m): 9:04am On Mar 22, 2012
Bro Olaadegbu,

There comes a time in one's life where one has to really do some deep introspection and examine some doctrines we have held fast unto for years and ask ourselves: in a test under fire and scrutiny, do these teachings really conform to the teachings of grace that Christ preached? There are so many false teachings in the body of Christ today which unfortunately are taught by supposedly great men of God, but falls flat on its surface when you read the spirit of the word and the letters.

Bros, how many laws were contained in the old testament? At least if you read Deut. 28 which you are very conversant with, you would know that we it is practically impossible to keep all of them. By implication, if you cant keep ALL of them but only a few, you are in violation of all still. Right ? So, what am I saying? Tithing was demanded by God in the days of yore mainly for the upkeep of the children of Levi who were the priests and were banned from working. There were no salaries. Men of God today are on Salaries? (Correct me if I am wrong).

Back to the law and its requirements; if the law stated I should not wear clothes that are made of different materials (one of those wonderful laws in Leviticus) (e.g. putting on a garment that was made with silk and cotton, or that I should not plant two different seeds belonging to different crops on the same parcel of land, etc cos there are so many requirements) tell me how practicable it would be for you to know and then fulfil all these requirements? If tithing also belonged to the same era of the law and requirements, why sieve out only this part of the law and requirements of Moses and discard the others? It begs reasoning right ?

Lets go further.

The admonition for giving as taught by Christ and later Paul, is completely different when compared to the period of the law. New Covenant giving is: freewill, sacrificial, generous, joyful, regular and motivated by love for God, fellow Christians and lost souls. Do not burden or curse God's poor who struggle to feed and shelter their family by declaring that they are under a curse for not paying tithes. Although there is no set percentage for Christians to give, all should give sacrificially or lower your standards of living in order to further the reach of the Gospel. That is the message of the gospel and you cannot force tithe into it under any guise.

I can list and take you on the concept of tithe and why it is completely 1) Irrelevant, 2) Misunderstood, 3) Taught in a web of lies today 4) A teaching which makes the grace and truth personified in Christ of no effect - under the following headings:

1. Christian Giving Principles: New Covenant Giving Principles are Superior
2. Defining Tithe: In God’s Word the Holy Tithe was Always Only Food from Inside Israel!
3. Money was an Essential but Non-Tithed Item.
4. Abram’s Tithe to Melchizedek Reflected the Law of the Land and never the law of God.
5. No Minimum Principle: Tithing was not a Minimum Requirement from All Israelites.
6. Levite Assistants: First-Tithes were Received by Servants to the Priests.
7. Holy And Most Holy: It is Holy to the LORD Does Not Make Tithing an Eternal Moral Principle
8. Four Tithes: There are Four Different Tithes Described in the Bible (Imagine that)

We can discuss this and I can willingly give you references to great sites where you can have your understanding refreshed on this concept.

Fundamentally, the concept of Grace and Truth, Sin, and The Law needs be revisited as today's pastors are leavened with the leaven of the Pharisees whose major preoccupation is living the law. My brother, the Law was what Christ came to remove. Do not bring it back into Christendom only to be feeling condemned the month ou are unable to pay some fathom tithes that has since been abolished with in Christ's death.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 9:39am On Mar 22, 2012
@Cgift
Olaadegbu knows deep down in the heart that tithing is not relevant to christianity but he as chosen to liver in denial becos he benefits as a preacher from tithe collections and secondly he just can't come to terms with the fact that certain MOGs he idolizes like kumuyi could possibly be wrong on the tithe issue.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by cgift(m): 11:08am On Mar 22, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Cgift
Olaadegbu knows deep down in the heart that tithing is not relevant to christianity but he as chosen to liver in denial becos he benefits as a preacher from tithe collections and secondly he just can't come to terms with the fact that certain MOGs he idolizes like kumuyi could possibly be wrong on the tithe issue.

Thanks AIO,

I really understand his position. Nobody tries to force anything down another's throat. We are all here to learn and polish ourselves and deliver ourselves from some doctrines of demons disguised as truth today. How many people of these preachers got the kind of revelation Paul got before commencing his ministry? They read the scriptures or at best go to Bible schools and make up what their own doctrines should be and call it the truth. Who says? In doing that, they violate (albeit without knowing) the admonition in 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. May God help us. Paul was taught by the Spirit himself in addition to his own perfect understanding of the Jewish laws and yet never for once mentioned tithing. Remember he gave the most of the New testament of Grace and Truth teachings which we use today. Most of these preachers today read the scriptures to come to conclusions on what they think is right - hence the confusion in Christianity today. But God is not the author of confusion.

When I pay tithe today, its not because I will come under a curse today if i do not, but I recognise it as an avenue to sow and show my love for God and that is the spirit. I recognise that all i have comes from Him alone and i give back in return whilst recognising the seasons of seed time and harvest. I no longer live in condemnation or fear of some gloomy curses. In fact, I do not even call it tithe, I just call it love giving even though it is the same 10% of my income - (remember also that tithes of yore where not even money but produce, etc though money was available back then).

If you are a preacher that has always insisted on tithing and reading Malachi 3. Please change your teachings to that of love which the Grace and Truth of Jesus brings and not the Law of Moses. You can cause a great correction of error in your ministry and denomination. My church does not preach tithe as being under the law, yet, it has not stopped the inflow of blessings. People have not stopped giving and won't stop if you show them the real New Testament teachings on giving which replaces the forceful and mandatory laws of the old teestament. If the first was without a fault, there would not have been the need for the second. Do not put old wine in new wine skins.

Think and reflect on these things Olaadegbu.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
cgift:
Think and reflect on these things Olaadegbu.

Olaadegbu does not trust God enough to meet his needs hence he resorts to twisting God's to manipulate people to paying tithes to his church which he depends on.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by cgift(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Olaadegbu does not trust God enough to meet his needs hence he resorts to twisting God's to manipulate people to paying tithes to his church which he depends on.

We are all admonished to trust God with all of our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. It is somewhat difficult in practise but we can do it by His Grace. Not our efforts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Top Ten Deadliest Cults / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.