Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. (4749 Views)

5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
nigerians and pastors huh!
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2009
pilgrim.1:

Hi donnie,

Yes, quite some time - and like you, I've come to the point where my discussions are limited to people who make sense with a good head on their shoulders.

Indeed, you've communicated well - and that's another balance I appreciate. However, my inputs were not about making any MOG 'rich' through the offerings and/or gifts of God's people. There's nothing wrong with ministers receiving such assistance from God's people - absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, such is not the focus of ministry. The problem with many is that they focus so much on these problems that they lose sight of the more essential issues about our being believers in Christ. So, you can see that while the concerns of many are too driven by finger pointing and accusative adventures, I've moved past that to try and focus on what is more essential to my being a Christian than worrying about other people's headaches.

That is why you won't find me castigating anyone - such as threads raised up against Pastors - like pastors Chris Oyakhilome, Adeboye, Kumuyi, etc. It is not as if these pastors are all 'perfect', and indeed they have their own issues. But what will 'pilgrim.1' personally benefit from joining in those threads to mudsling anyone? Don't I have pastors who have their own faults as well? I do - and in some instances I may not agree with some of the things they hold. Yet, I've benefitted from one thing they teach us: don't make attacking others the reason for your Christianity. That is why I also came round to realizing that I'm not even better than Catholics - and the threads where I debated them in my mistaken pride are there as testimony to show at least one thing: I have a heart to grow and mature beyond my yesterday.

So, donnie. . . if anyone feels like slurring others is the best they can show for their Christianity, leave them alone. Let them 'belleful' on such, and let God Himself hear and decide on such matters. In your comments above, you've communicated well - and I appreciate your points. God bless you. smiley

the above sounds very "christian" but is actually false teaching. When i read through my bible i find several instances where Christ CALLED OUT false teachers of the law!

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24[b] Ye blind guides[/b], which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of [size=14pt]extortion and excess[/size].
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

If Christ had been alive today . . . ye would be among the first to accuse Him of error and judging.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by pilgrim1(f): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
davidylan:

the above sounds very "christian" but is actually false teaching. When i read through my bible i find several instances where Christ CALLED OUT false teachers of the law!

If Christ had been alive today . . . ye would be among the first to accuse Him of error and judging.

I would not be first to accuse Christ of what you assume, as it's not my forté to be what you're representing. David, we're quite aware of problems within Christendom; and while you're busy droning on about who fits your own description of false teachers, how does that adventure add to your own spiritual health?

On the one hand, I've gone down that road before - quite eager to show how "wrong" and "evil" some others are in their 'false teaching'. I must confess that all through that period, such an attitude didn't quite build me up spiritually. I know - because it was my own experience; and while I fellowshipped with the Lord and prayed as I used to, I sensed there was a great lack of spiritual power in my life. Only when I realised that taking a position to slur people indiscrimately was at the root of such problems in my own life, I repented and have been careful how I walk. This does not mean that it made me any bit special than anyone else; it just humbled me to understand that sometimes when we think that we're justified in pointing accusing fingers at others, God does not necessarily sanction that type of attitude from His children.

On the other hand, some of the verses that brought conviction to my heart about these things are 1 Peter 3:8-12 and 2 Peter 2:9-12. First, I am to refrain my tongue from careless talk; and also should not be impetuous as to speak evil of dignities. I'm sorry, David . .  I'm not better than anyone; and even if my stand seems "false" to you because I would not be so inclined to rail against pastors and the leadership of the Church, that's okay. God is able to deal with them, but my calling is not to be occupied with railing against people lest I use my own mouth to commit what I should not. Cheers.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
What people fail to realize is that there are probably more false prophets out there  than genuine ones and it is actually very dangerous to tolerate them talkless of getting away with their scams. People should realize that they are not only robbing people of their money and earthly possessions, but they are robbing them of their salvation thruogh the false doctrines spewing from the mouths of these criminals.

@Davidylan
Thanx for that contribution. the new testament is actually replete with several warnings against false prophets and the need for us to be discerning, if people are reading their bibles at all they would realize this same false prophets that the bible warned us about abound today and they are the same ones they are holding in high esteem. When people like me speak they are quick to label me an agent of the devil even though what i write is backed by scripture. But when these charlatans[their so-called men of God] twist scripture or even invent scripture [word of faith adherents] people are quick to believe them.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by JaguaNana: 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
Pilgrim.1,

I'm not taking sides to slur anyone ( you know that). I'm not even interested in having you in my good books wink. I just described the person you are vis-a-vis the person you say you are. You may back-pat yourself in that you have a 'sharp mouth' but it goes a long way in telling those who may want to see Christ in you, but see that which is less than expected.

My dear, humility is not boot-licking. And I do not subscribe to boot-licking. You can be humble without being insultive or having an acerbic tongue. However, I realised that humility isn't your forte sad .

I devoted a long thesis to Pilgrim.1 Narcissus should be your middle name grin grin. Even though you may argue well and prove all your points in the most convincing manner, it does not necessarily mean that you are presenting truth and facts at all times. My teachers told me that one should always have confidence and oomph in presenting one's case even though the it may be lies, half-truths or plain nonsense. Pilgrim.1, your posts exude the aura of confidence at all times, and truth at some times.

No hard feelings from me, I believe that some introspection on your part will do you a whole lot of spiritual good. Cheers!
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by pilgrim1(f): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2009
@JaguaNana,

I don't have any problem with people discussing - and even when you desire so much to project Christ into other people, do have the grace to first demonstrate it in yourself so you don't fall victim of your own complaints. No, I bear no hard feelings either way, which is why I'd leave you to complain as much as you want. wink
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
Philippians 3:17-19:

17 Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example. 18 For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 They are headed for destruction. Their god is their belly, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.

grin This reminds me of the prosperity gospel pimps and those who idolize those fasle teachers that preach it. Apostle paul makes it clear here that their belly[material things] is their god. [that sounds like idol worship to me grin] he goes on to describe them as the real enemies of the cross of christ and to make matters worse they brag about the shameful things[reminds me of CEC plc members on this forum grin] they think only about the material things of this world
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2009
Titus 1:10-16:

10 For there are many rebellious people who engage in useless talk and deceive others. This is especially true of those who insist on circumcision for salvation. 11 They must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money. 12 Even one of their own men, a prophet from Crete, has said about them, “The people of Crete are all liars, cruel animals, and lazy gluttons.” 13 This is true. So reprimand them sternly to make them strong in the faith. 14 They must stop listening to Jewish myths and the commands of people who have turned away from the truth.
15 Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

Any body who has studied the writings of Apostle Paul[and other apsotles] would readily observe that they were always warning against false teachers who twist the gospel for personal gain[prosperity gospeln preachers] above is his reasons for doing so, these people have turned sevral families away from the truthand destroyed generations unborn with this "gospel" from the darkest pits of hell. They introduce jewish myths[tithes, seed sowing, thanks giving offerins e.t.c] and use it to extort money from believers
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
Colossians 2:8:

8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

Does this remind you of church indoctrination, practices and other man made rules prevalent in our churches

Colossians 2:16:

16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or[b] drink[/b], or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

Some pastors would tell you as a christian you should not drink even though it has no scriptural basis.

Colossians 2:18-19:
18 Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 19 and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.

Surely Jesus needs to send apostle paul back to earth to come and see the sate of the church helped establish and laboured so much for, if he doesn't die of heart attack when he sees the state of the church today he would be assasinated by our pulpit pimps[pharisees] for spoiling their business or for daring to question their authority as they now consider themselves as demi-gods
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by JJYOU: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

Colossians 2:8:

8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

Does this remind you of church indoctrination, practices and other man made rules prevalent in our churches

Colossians 2:16:

16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or[b] drink[/b], or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

Some pastors would tell you as a christian you should not drink even though it has no scriptural basis.

Colossians 2:18-19:
18 Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 19 and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.

Surely Jesus needs to send apostle paul back to earth to come and see the sate of the church helped establish and laboured so much for, if he doesn't die of heart attack when he sees the state of the church today he would be assasinated by our pulpit pimps[pharisees] for spoiling their business or for daring to question their authority as they now consider themselves as demi-gods

you may also want to note st. paul also said in
1 Corinthians 13 (New Living Translation)

[size=15pt]Love Is the Greatest[/size]
1[b] If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.[/b] 3 [size=20pt]If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.[/size]
[/size]
4 [size=14pt]Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.[/size] 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 1[/b]2 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.[c] All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 [size=16pt][b]Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love
[/size].

if you use this mirror of your paul i guess you will see how righteou you are
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by ogajim(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
LOVE is the greatest and not tithe?
To God be the glory, we are getting somewhere with some folks now. Jesus told us to LOVE one another, these pimps want us to outspend one another.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorAIO: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2009
When a Cretan prophet says Cretans are all liars should we believe him or not.

What a lovely paradox! If Cretans are all liars then the prophet is a liar so we shouldn't believe him.

If he is telling the truth then he is lying because obviously not all cretans are liars. tee hee hee.

KunleOshob:

Titus 1:10-16:
12 Even one of their own men, a prophet from Crete, has said about them, “The people of Crete are all liars, cruel animals, and lazy gluttons.” 13 This is true. So reprimand them sternly to make them strong in the faith. 14

Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
1 Thessalonians 5:20-21:

20Despise not inspired messages.

21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Contrary to what Paul stated above, today preachers just tell you to take their word for it instead of assisting you to study and understand the scriptures better. Some of them are actually out to confuse rather than exort.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by petres007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2009
ogajim:

LOVE is the greatest and not tithe?
To God be the glory, we are getting somewhere with some folks now. Jesus told us to LOVE one another, these pimps want us to outspend one another.

very funny!  grin grin grin

@KunleOshob,
Thanks for your effort! Its a really nice thread/topic. Whenever I read Paul's charge to the elders at Ephesus (in Acts 20 I think), I keep asking myself where our current crop of "men of gawd" came from. They're certainly nothing like Jesus and his apostles.

Keep it up!
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by KunleOshob(m): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
Bump!
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Goshen360(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
Many of our preachers and pastors today are just too full of greed. Many will rather tell you it's a choice and will not follow apostle Paul to sacrifice themselves to the gospel but they can quote same apostle Paul that he is not against tithe and giving. Hypocrites on Pulpit.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Mar 20, 2012
goshen360: Many of our preachers and pastors today are just too full of greed. Many will rather tell you it's a choice and will not follow apostle Paul to sacrifice themselves to the gospel but they can quote same apostle Paul that he is not against tithe and giving. Hypocrites on Pulpit.

Paul quoted the Mosaic Law and enforced it in the NT when he said:

"Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn." (Deuteronomy 25:4)

I know many Christians today turn a blind eye to this verse because they have been blinded by deceiver.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Paul quoted the Mosaic Law and enforced it in the NT when he said:

"Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn." (Deuteronomy 25:4)

I know many Christians today turn a blind eye to this verse because they have been blinded by deceiver.
Nobody as said the ox should be muzzled and that is why no one objects to preachers being paid from voluntary offerings but when the ox goes on rampage and wants to destroy the farm by asking for illegal tithes and inventing other scams like seed sowing and partnership to fleece the flock, then we have issues.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39am On Mar 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:
Nobody as said the ox should be muzzled and that is why no one objects to preachers being paid from voluntary offerings but when the ox goes on rampage and wants to destroy the farm by asking for illegal tithes and inventing other scams like seed sowing and partnership to fleece the flock, then we have issues.

When you forbid that Christians not to pay tithes you are muzzling the ox. Here Paul not only quoted Moses but also quoted our Lord Jesus Christ:

"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward" (1 Timothy 5:17-18 )
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Goshen360(m): 2:54am On Mar 21, 2012
Yes sir, You are taking scriptures out of context. An elder can get double honour without receiving tithe. When that scriptures said the elders who rule shall shall have double honour, it did say through tithing and offering. Since the new testament supports free will giving and supporting the ministers of God, then it can be interpreted to the context of free will giving of God's people. Please stop adding to God's word sir because there is consequence for doing that. Jesus our high Priest didnt receive tithe but supports when he was on earth. Apostle Paul didnt receive tithe neither did he or any of the Apostles taught or received tithe under the new covenant. Why should our preachers be receiving tithe? It is unscriptural sir and we can prove it. Thank you
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18am On Mar 21, 2012
goshen360: Yes sir, You are taking scriptures out of context. An elder can get double honour without receiving tithe. When that scriptures said the elders who rule shall shall have double honour, it did say through tithing and offering. Since the new testament supports free will giving and supporting the ministers of God, then it can be interpreted to the context of free will giving of God's people. Please stop adding to God's word sir because there is consequence for doing that. Jesus our high Priest didnt receive tithe but supports when he was on earth. Apostle Paul didnt receive tithe neither did he or any of the Apostles taught or received tithe under the new covenant. Why should our preachers be receiving tithe? It is unscriptural sir and we can prove it. Thank you

Are you sure you are not the one subtracting from the word of God? Can you show me where the Scriptures say tithes are abolished? If you can give offerings why not tithes? both of them were practised in the OT why single out tithes? If you think tithes are abolished why not offerings? Afterall, Abraham kept and obeyed the commandments and laws of God and he paid tithes to Melchizedek, our Lord Jesus Christ was ordained after the order of Melchizedek why shouldn't we pay tithes if we say we are children of Abraham?

"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4).
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Goshen360(m): 3:46am On Mar 21, 2012
^^^
I think the confusion of many Christians is the Priesthood of Jesus after the order of Melchizedek. If we can get this right then we will get tithe right or wrong. As Jesus is a Priest after the order of Melchizedek, then why didn't he receive tithe when he was still on earth. I am about to sleep now but by the grace of God we will look at the Priesthood of Melchizedek first and see if that supports tithes or not. Shalom.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 6:59am On Mar 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you sure you are not the one subtracting from the word of God? Can you show me where the Scriptures say tithes are abolished? If you can give offerings why not tithes? both of them were practised in the OT why single out tithes? If you think tithes are abolished why not offerings? Afterall, Abraham kept and obeyed the commandments and laws of God and he paid tithes to Melchizedek, our Lord Jesus Christ was ordained after the order of Melchizedek why shouldn't we pay tithes if we say we are children of Abraham?

"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4).

Ok bros if you insist on tithing then it must be as the bible instructed and not the false man made version being practised today. The tithes must be paid from agricultural produce once in a year and it must be shared with widows, orphans and levites not forgeting that your family must also jollof out of it.

Any other tithe being imposed on christians outside the biblically prescribed one is pure fraud and a subversion of the scriptures.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Ok bros if you insist on tithing then it must be as the bible instructed and not the false man made version being practised today. The tithes must be paid from agricultural produce once in a year and it must be shared with widows, orphans and levites not forgeting that your family must also jollof out of it.

Any other tithe being imposed on christians outside the biblically prescribed one is pure fraud and a subversion of the scriptures.

Why not start from the tithes Abraham paid to Melchizedek, was it not commanded by God?
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2012
goshen360: ^^^
I think the confusion of many Christians is the Priesthood of Jesus after the order of Melchizedek. If we can get this right then we will get tithe right or wrong. As Jesus is a Priest after the order of Melchizedek, then why didn't he receive tithe when he was still on earth. I am about to sleep now but by the grace of God we will look at the Priesthood of Melchizedek first and see if that supports tithes or not. Shalom.

To get it right you have to start from the Melchizedek who received tithes of Abraham. Levi was said to have paid tithes in Abraham who obeyed the commandments and laws of God.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by cgift(m): 9:21am On Mar 21, 2012
We are not under the law but under grace. Tithing was a requirement of the law and ends with the law. If I am under grace, i am not obliged to pay tithes. I am however aware that seed time and harvest time exists continually, so i go to church with "offerings". The offerings is however not modelled after what obtains in the time of the law and its requirements.

Christians, you can give tithe (if you want) but it is never a requirement under grace in Christ. Read the epistles of Paul very well. So, anyone who gives tithes today should know very well that it is only a requirement of love (which comes as a result of the grace Christ himself brought to us which demonstrated His love towards us)and not of the law. Do not be yoked in your believing. The tithes they preach today in referencing Malachi 3 was under the law. The law came through Moses, but Grace and Truth came through Jesus! So, its okay to give tithes but when you think you are satisfying an injunction to give tithes according to Malachi, you are still under the law of Moses and yet to come to appreciate the knowledge of Grace and Truth which Christ represents.

So, there are no curses for not paying tithes if we are under grace. Anybody who takes us back to the law in preaching what the law of Moses required is an Antichrist and abides in error and false teachings. He should however note that if he then breaks any of the other laws (since he has chosen to remain in the law), he has broken all (and his keeping of one or some of the laws of Moses is being nullified by breaking another law). So, why go back to the law that was difficult to keep in the first place for which purpose Christ came and took away the law (which was the middle wall of separation) and replaced it with grace.

Tithing under this era of Grace is therefore of Love and never of the Law. Read Pauls teachings again and you will see what I am saying. When i am less busy, we shall delve into the new testament. Paul never preached tithe (cos it was no longer relevant), Christ also came to replace the law with something greater : Love through His Grace and Truth personified.

Gracias !
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why not start from the tithes Abraham paid to Melchizedek, was it not commanded by God?

For someone who claims to be a christian, you are so so dishonest! Where is it implied in the bible that God commanded Abraham to tithe It is an indisputable fact that Abraham's tithe was purely voluntary and it has absolutely no bearing on christianity today.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Goshen360(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
To get it right you have to start from the Melchizedek who received tithes of Abraham. Levi was said to have paid tithes in Abraham who obeyed the commandments and laws of God.

When false teachers of tithe does such teachings, there will always be holes in such false tithe teachings. You teachers of tithes say we should tithe from our personal income but Abraham tithe to Melchizedek is from war spoil. Abraham gave all and not tithe. If we must tithe today using Abraham as example, then it must be from war spoil not out personal income and besides, he gave all. The bible says in Hebrews that Levi gave tithe while still in Abraham body and also same Chapter of Hebrew say, because there is change in the priesthood, THERE MUST ALSO BE A CHANGE OF LAW. The priesthood of Jesus after the order of Melchizedek is not scripture that supports tithing but rather showing a better high priest. Paul was only referring to the account in Genesis to explain the better Priesthood of Jesus, not to support tithing. We all know that Jesus came from the tribe of Judah not Levi. So if we have Jesus as high priest to support tithe and it is only Levi that are commanded to take tithe, then the scripture breaks itself as Jesus comes from Judah.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Ptolomeus(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

For someone who claims to be a christian, you are so so dishonest! Where is it implied in the bible that God commanded Abraham to tithe It is an indisputable fact that Abraham's tithe was purely voluntary and it has absolutely no bearing on christianity today.
Exactly.
It was a war booty. That's not a tithe.
When Olaadegbu quotes Levi, he knows he is speaking of the Old Testament (Malachi 3:8-10) and he says he is Christian.
We know that defends tithes Olaadegbu referring to Abraham and Levi, and changing the biblical contexts ...
You Do not stress, not worth ...
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37am On Mar 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

How did you know that God did not command him to tithe? Afterall the Bible said that Abraham obeyed the commandments and laws of God. And he was not forced to obey the voice of God, he did it voluntarily.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by Goshen360(m): 3:44am On Mar 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
How did you know that God did not command him to tithe? Afterall the Bible said that Abraham obeyed the commandments and laws of God. And he was not forced to obey the voice of God, he did it voluntarily.

Oga sir, why are you contradicting yourself? Hmnn, WHY? I mean seriously WHY? Read what you typed over again. Abraham obeyed the commandments and laws of God, he was not forced, HE DID IT VOLUNTARILY. SERIOUSLY? You need to go back to the basic sir, am so sorry.

It's either he did it voluntarily and God didn't speak to him or God spoke to him and he obey. You cannot voluntarily do what God commands. Voluntarily is my personal decision. Okay, If you say God told him to Abraham to pay tithe as even suppose the voluntary you said, THEN DO US A HONOUR AND SHOW US WHERE IT WAS TOLD OR COMMANDED TO ABRAHAM WHERE GOD TOLD HIM TO PAY TITHE. REMEMBER ABRAHAM WAS ALREADY RICH BEFORE HE GAVE TITHE TO MELCHIZEDEK AND NO WHERE ARE WE TOLD IT WAS BY PAYING TITHE THAT HE BECAME RICH.

AGAIN, YOU ARE CAUGHT UP IN YOUR OWN WORDS OR WEB. PLEASE SHOW US WHERE ABRAHAM WAS COMMANDED TO TITHE SIR OR FOREVER REMAIN A CERTIFIED SCRIPTURE TWISTING TEACHER.

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR EXPLANATION.
Re: Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today. by PastorKun(m): 6:33am On Mar 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Evidently you are trying to force your owen bias into scripture. if God told him, it would certainly have been recorded in scripture. Let's even assume God told him, how does that concrn christian doctrine Is there an additional instruction in the bible for believers to copy the example of Abram? God told Abram to sacrifice his son who was later replaced with a ram. Why don't you copy this example of Abram since it was God that told him. Or is it only the examples that would bring money to your pocket that you pick and choose to preach?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman: A Gift To This Generation / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.