Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? (2911 Views)

Should I Be Jealous? / She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by disturbed(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
I started dating my girlfriend in March and its really been nice. We've been friends for a year but we officially got off to dating March this year.
I'm a very free guy and I dont like taking life too seriously. and my girl knows me for that.

Everyday when we talk, she tells me about all the guys that hit on her at work, where she eats, @ the salon. Everywhere she goes at least 2 guys must try to ask her out. Her toll is like 6 to 8 guys everyday. we always laugh at the guys together especially those with very poor pick up lines cos she told me there was nothing to worry about.

Earlier this week, she told me about a particular guy she met like 3 years ago. She's known him before we met. although they've not met in person. She told me the guy just got back from singapore where he went to do his masters. He then asked to meet her. She asked me if she should meet him. And i said OK.

She met the guy @ her office restaurant today. She then called me after the meeting and was talking about the guy. She was so excited talkin about this guy. It wasnt like when she was talking about the others. she sounded pretty excited.
When i noticed her excitement, I kept quiet. She noticed my silence and she asked why and i didnt talk.
She then asked, 'dont tell me you are jealous'. . And i was like ' why shouldnt i be'? She got all angry and all. i got angry too. I asked her if she's going to see him again . she said she does not know. I got quite angry,
She has not spoken to me since then. That was this afternoon. Its really bugging me because we talk almost all the time. 2 hours without us talking is too much. Its almost 8 hours now.

Was i wrong to be jealous? Am i over reacting?
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by ElRazur: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
Jealousy is a basic and normal human behaviour. You may need to keep tabs on things so that it do not go out of hand.

You are well within your rights to get jealous, but you girl may not see it that way. Remember you both laughed at her toaster tales before. So, it may mean nothing to her seeing that you have given her the impression that it do not bother you.

Try and speak to her. Explain to her how she would like it if she was in your shoes etc.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
You have every right to be jealous . . . . . . but why she isnt speaking to you because you were jealous beats me undecided
SOME WOMEN SHA lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
disturbed:

Was i wrong to be jealous? Am i over reacting?

No!!!
Your woman shouldn't be getting excited about an old male friend.
Call her. . . . . .Talk to her and let her know where you stand on the matter.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by spikedcylinder: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
She got angry you were jealous? That lucky dame! Squeezing jealousy out of guys is a fucking herculean task! grin
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

No!!!
Your woman shouldn't be getting excited about an old male friend.
Call her. . . . . .Talk to her and let her know where you stand on the matter.

just because she got excited doesnt mean she is love with her friend or nothing, but i understand where u are coming from.
i guess she got carried away when she was telling his bf since they tell each other everything before . . .it goes on to show u dont talk to ur bf the same way u'd talk with ur gfs tongue grin

spikedcylinder:

She got angry you were jealous? That lucky dame! Squeezing jealousy out of guys is a fucking herculean task! grin

I know right cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Hotstepper(f): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
She has fallen in love with the guy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Bim4u: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
I quite agree with everybody
U made her feel like you were o.k with everything with all her toaster so she's got all the right to be suprised and upset that you're angry.
Just give her a call and explain to her,it's no big deal really,
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
Hotstepper:

U are very intelligent!!!

TOPE2000!:

just because she got excited doesnt mean she is love with her friend or nothing, but i understand where u are coming from.
i guess she got carried away when she was telling his bf since they tell each other everything before . . .it goes on to show u dont talk to ur bf the same way u'd talk with ur gfs tongue grin

She's in LOVE!!!
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
Hotstepper:

Just after one meeting? although the girl's behaviour looks fishy lipsrsealed
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by disturbed(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
The reason i got angry was the way she talked about the guy. It was different from the others.
When she was talking, i kept quiet because i didnt want to sound unreasonable. .and ofcourse jealous.

Now she's angry. I dont want to call her. I want her to call me. And she hasnt. Calling her would mean i'm admitting missng her and that i was wrong being jealous. although i really miss her.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2009
disturbed:

Now she's angry. I dont want to call her. I want her to call me. And she hasnt. Calling her would mean i'm admitting missng her and that i was wrong being jealous. although i really miss her.

Hold on. . . . . . . .She's definitely missing you as well.
It's a matter of "who blinks first". . . . . If you call her now, then she's got you for ever/
The next time she meets an old friend, you won't have any say again.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
disturbed:

Now she's angry. I dont want to call her.

I still dont understand why she is angry? you shud be the angry one undecided

I want her to call me. And she hasnt. Calling her would mean i'm admitting missng her and that i was wrong being jealous. although i really miss her.

Kai . . , men and their ego n pride
Mschewwwwwwwwww tongue
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
disturbed:

The reason i got angry was the way she talked about the guy. It was different from the others.
When she was talking, i kept quiet because i didnt want to sound unreasonable. .and ofcourse jealous.

Are sure you are not the one that felt the difference in countenance based on the fact you feel there's something different about the guy.

I feel if she's upto something,she wouldn't even discuss it with you or rather make the meeting seem irrelevant as much as possible.

disturbed:

Do not let your ego lead you astray  cheesy

You can call her to set things straight.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
kay_pumpin:

I feel if she's up to something,she wouldn't even discuss it with it or rather make it seem irrelevant as much as possible.

What if she was using reverse psychology as well??
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I still dont understand why she is angry? you shud be the angry one undecided

She's riled 'cos her man is angered by a routine gist.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Do not let your ego lead you astray  cheesy

You can call her to set things straight.

Gbam. . . .cutting off communications can make u lose her to mr singapore
she might think u dont care enuff undecided
be the bigger person wink
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2009
kay_pumpin:

She's riled 'cos her man is angered by a routine gist.

I guess maybe she expected them to laugh abt it, like they usually do undecided
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

What if she was using reverse psychology as well??

The smokescreen can't be maintained for too long honestly if that is the case.

I'll rather ther OP discover if there is any major development by waiting and watching rather than concluding based on her lady's gay countenance.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I guess maybe she expected them to laugh abt it, like they usually do undecided

Of course!

There have been precedents and all of a sudden she's been charged at for what's common place in their relationship.

I will be bothered by this unprecedented outburst too,especially if i have nothing up my sleeve.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
kay_pumpin:

The smokescreen can't be maintained for too long honestly if that is the case.

Don't delude yourself. . . .
I have nailed a babe like that in Naija before and she introduced me to her boyfriend before the nailing.

I'll rather ther OP discover if there is any major development by waiting and watching rather than concluding based on her lady's gay countenance.

I can guarantee you by the time the OP discovers, Mr Singapore woulda shagged his babe at least a dozen times.
Never let your guard down when it comes to Naija babes.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Of course!

There have been precedents and all of a sudden she's been charged at for what's common place in their relationship.

I will be bothered by this unprecedented outburst too,especially if i have nothing up my sleeve.

Well. . . . . i'd urge the poster to call his chic, i fear this Mr singapore cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by ElRazur: 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
Something scary I have noticed here is how people paint a picture of how easy one can lose their woman in Naija. Is this true? Lol.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
ElRazur:

Something scary I have noticed here is how people paint a picture of how easy one can lose their woman in Naija. Is this true? Lol.

u dont visit naija at all? cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by disturbed(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yeah, i.know.she.mite.be.angry.i.got.angry.unnecessarily.cos.she.thinks.is.routine.gist,
But.she.should.have.called.me.by.now,
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
disturbed:

Yeah, i.know.she.mite.be.angry.i.got.angry.unnecessarily.cos.she.thinks.is.routine.gist,
But.she.should.have.called.me.by.now,

well u obviously know her better than we do so do what u feel is right undecided
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by ElRazur: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
I go to naija every year for the past goes know how many years now. The thing is I never lost a girl of mine to another guy when I was in naija. But going by what people post around here, it seem to be a common place. Even me wey I be guy, I find am hard to just break up with a woman and go with another just like that. lol
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2009
ElRazur:

I go to naija every year for the past goes know how many years now. The thing is I never lost a girl of mine to another guy when I was in naija. But going by what people post around here, it seem to be a common place. Even me wey I be guy, I find am hard to just break up with a woman and go with another just like that. lol

you are obviously doing something right undecided cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

you are obviously doing something right undecided cheesy

He is not doing anything right.
On the contrary, London boys are the hot-cakes in Naija so i don't see how his babe would leave him for one of the locals.
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by TOPE20001(f): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is not doing anything right.
On the contrary, London boys are the hot-cakes in Naija so i don't see how his babe would leave him for one of the locals.

sharap cheesy hot cakes ko, hot pap ni tongue
do u know what the babe is up to when u are gone?
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by Sauron1: 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

sharap cheesy hot cakes ko, hot pap ni tongue
do u know what the babe is up to when u are gone?

I don't need to know what she's up to cos once i am gone, she's gone. grin grin grin
We don't go back to our vomits in Naija. cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong To Be Jealous? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't delude yourself. . . .
I have nailed a babe like that in Naija before and she introduced me to her boyfriend before the nailing.
I can guarantee you by the time the OP discovers, Mr Singapore woulda shagged his babe at least a dozen times.
Never let your guard down when it comes to Naija babes.

Abeg stop all this fallacy of hasty generalization.
The fact it happens to you does not mean every girl practices that,no?

ElRazur:

Some of the stories on NL are mainly fables.
And you will be surprised if half of the gals in Nigeria decides to narrate their guys sexcapades  on here,
The male gender are worse off.

@OP

If you can't stand the heat,stay off the kitchen.
Some of your decisions in allowing your lady "mingle" could come back to bite you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Experience With Your/someones House Maid Or Boy. / Is He A Gold Digger? / A Priceless Wedding Invitation - (OK - NL - I Fixed IT!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.