Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers (1807 Views)

Is Speaking In Tongues A Necessary Manifestation Of Salvation? / Hymns On Assurance Of Salvation / Assurance Of Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by toluxa1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
Jesarmy:

ABC of Salvation For Sincere Seekers

A-Acknowledge your sin before God and ask for forgiveness, Romans 3:23 says For all men have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

B-Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as the propitiation for the sin of all mankind and ask him to cleanse your sins with his precious blood that was shed on the cross of Calvary. Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. John 1:12 also says as many as received him (Jesus Christ),to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

C-Confess with thy mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead. Romans 10:9-10 says that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Note: This thread is a resource meant for sincere seekers who truly wants to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, it is not meant to generate arguments or entertain people with opposing views, many threads are already serving that purpose and you may always start your own thread to propagate your views so if the shoe fits great! and if not please kindly move on and do not derail this thread. Thanks!

I'm sorry but this does not really agree with the whole bible. As a matter of fact, it is the "Do-it-yourself" gospel the the church has been propagating, a FREEWILL gospel which is false.
Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by Jesarmy(f): 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2009
Matthew 1:21 (King James Version)

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by Jesarmy(f): 2:43am On Dec 21, 2009
I bring you good tidings of great joy Luke 2:10

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the earth, the Savior reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/o/joyworld.htm
Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by Jesarmy(f): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2009
Luke1:30-35
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by Jesarmy(f): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
Revelation 1:5,6
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Re: ABC Of Salvation For Sincere Seekers by Jesarmy(f): 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
Galatians 3:13a
"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law
"

Redeemed
Words by Fanny J. Crosby
Music by William J. Kirpatrick

Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child and forever I am.

Chorus
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.

Chorus
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed, redeemed,
I think of my blessèd Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long:
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.

Chorus
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed, redeemed,
I know there’s a crown that is waiting,
In yonder bright mansion for me,
And soon, with the spirits made perfect,
At home with the Lord I shall be.

Chorus
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed, redeemed,

http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/redeemed.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clear Evidence 2 Show Dat God Exists. / This Is What I Worship! / What About 'holy Mary?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.