Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention (14264 Views)

Patience Jonathan Sues EFCC For N200m / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion / Saraki: Kennedy Izuagbe Sues EFCC To Prevent Arrest (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by maddman: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2016
m3tuh my man
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by walesklash: 10:37am On Jan 12, 2016
I am sorry for Nigeria. Our judiciary system is null and void.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by kaffy4tope(m): 10:38am On Jan 12, 2016
ultimateballer:

And people like you are the jobful ones who don't know the place of courts in democracy. Why is EFCC afraid of courts or is EFCC now the courts? Are we in Military regime?

Dunno why all wailers reasons same way like this. You guys are bunch of retards. Your stewpid Methu is not ready to talk, the talking talker have suddenly turned to a deaf and dumb in the custody of EFCC. We all know you guys are crooks when it comes to buying those corrupt judges, so, ur boss won't be charged to court until enough evidence have been gotten to nail him in the court of law.

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2016
chesterlee:
If Efcc have the right evidence that Metuh erred, why not sue him?

Holding him in their cells and forcing him to pay some 'imaginary money' is barbaric and should be condemned!

cc Lalasticlala

Go to court and sue E F C C stop wailing and find something better doing with ur time..
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by stuhporh: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2016
Why is this even an issue with Oliseh, if you took the money and you have been indicted, just pay the money and go home, stop making a mess of the whole thing.
APC! why did you release Jafaru? i still don't get it. was he released on bail or because he returned part of the money? if the later is the case, then why not extend similar process to Olisah, Dokpesi and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by DJAmyluv: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2016
NobleAngell:
Metuh you deserve an award for 'The thief with the biggest balls'. U are guilty and reporting your punisher. I admire your guts.
How did you come to d conclusion that he is guilty? Are you a law court?

1 Like

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Charly68: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Let him refund 2/3 of what he collected from the ONSA account before talking of liberty ..there are those that stole goat & yams that are still in detention for long now..all these rogues hide the fundamental human rights slogans to steal the common wealth of the nation. Let him learn his lesson in a bitter way.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2016
Pidggin:
Good! The man knows his rights unlike other cowards. EFCC should have charged the man to court if they think he is guilty. Intimidation and harrasment is not the way forward.

They intimidated D masses with der level of corruption leading d death of thousands of our galant soldiers & civilians and they harassed d soldiers for protesting for lack of weapon in wich dey should have provided if not dat d money was ATM-LIESD (shared) among demselvs . So why crying foul?
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by listica(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2016
Zico5:
To release the people that took us back 20 years. The system already on ground will never allow that. Whatever it may take, our common looted funds must be returned, whatever the ethnicity, yoruba, igbo or hausa; nobody should be spared. Buhari should never be swayed by anybody no matter the personality. All we re clamoring for is better Nigeria that we all will be proud of.
Why are you showing ur hatred out to us here,why can't efcc charge him since they know his involved of arms scam,no asses to see him even the members of his family,this is not the good way to follow as al of us shouting we r practising democracy. This government is just called I will deal with my enemies, once u r not in ma table u going to jail(DICTATOR). No offence pls
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by BIGTinfotech: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2016
You're absolutely right!
udemzyudex:

The new sherif is in town and believe me no judge will want to play with his or her job.....

That aside, efcc should follow due process in their dealings, if the federal high Court can't do it, we have the Supreme Court.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by ultimateballer: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2016
irepagbor:
The same court that cleared Ibori of 180 charges?. Where is Ibori today?

same court than prisoned bode George, take balogun etc? continue
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by ultimateballer: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Dunno why all wailers reasons same way like this. You guys are bunch of retards. Your stewpid Methu is not ready to talk, the talking talker have suddenly turned to a deaf and dumb in the custody of EFCC. We all know you guys are crooks when it comes to buying those corrupt judges, so, ur boss won't be charged to court until enough evidence have been gotten to nail him in the court of law.

this is not a military regime. has buhari returned the 2 SUV's he took from dasuki? Buhari just wants to silence metuh because of how he is putting heat on his govt. keep cheering him like a drunkard

1 Like

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 12, 2016
he must not be released cos these thiefs made the rules and formulated the law so they could eventually hide under it when they are brought to book. he either goes to jail or provide the money cos there are over 2million people in the IDP with no sight if hope for tomao. Bunch of thiefs that bent the law to conform to their need. OLISAH THIEF. Shame on them all
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by sleazy5(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2016
sukkot:
hmmmm this metuh na stubborn goat

You can communicate without abusive comments.

What the Efcc has done in my opinion will if not checked be frequently resorted to to intimidate and oppress citizens...what is applicable and the right practice should be investigation first. Then arrest. Not arrest before investigation. If the Efcc has any stfong evidence, charge him to court. Don't detain him until you have evidence.

But unfortunately we are in Nigeria.....
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by ipreach: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2016
why will they hold citizen for more than three days without charging him to the court?

this country is becoming a lawless and dictatorial
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2016
Buh sincerely we need those money back, the country could really use it at the moment.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Zico5(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2016
emmydollars4life:
thank you very much PDP are all thieves excluding the people that defected to APC from PDP right, so the people below are saints
1. OBJ former PDP President for 8 years, now APC navigator n godfather.
2. Atiku former PDP vice President for 8 years, now APC chieftain.
3. Ameachi former PDP gov for 7 years, now APC hitman.
4. Audu Ogbe former PDP chairman now APC stalwart n minister.
5. Jim Nwobodo former PDP now APC new recruit.
6. Elrufai former PDP for 10 years now APC governor.
7. Saraki former PDP now APC senate president.
8. Kwankwaso former PDP gov now APC senator.
9. Tambuwal former PDP speaker now APC governor.
10. Simon lalong former PDP speaker now APC governor.
11. Nyako former PDP gov now APC super star.
12. Silva former PDP gov now APC guber candidate who lost bayelsa elections.
13. The list is endless so who's fooling who youth that should the strength is now fighting blinding even stalking their life to corrupt politicians.
It seems some of us like our current situation. Let me tell u the real fact, buhari alone cannot fight this case but if the governor of those states u mentioned have something valid about those people, why not charge them. This case is turn by turn, just wait and see
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Zico5(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
listica:
Why are you showing ur hatred out to us here,why can't efcc charge him since they know his involved of arms scam,no asses to see him even the members of his family,this is not the good way to follow as al of us shouting we r practising democracy. This government is just called I will deal with my enemies, once u r not in ma table u going to jail(DICTATOR). No offence pls
Which hatred? It seems u miss the road. Everyone that is indicted in this issue must be probed. It seems u also collected little crumbles. Efcc will soon get to u if not this fight is for all of us and as well time for impunity has gone. New sheriff is in town, u can whine as much as u like, nobody cares.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Wolfbrother(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pidggin:
Good! The man knows his rights unlike other cowards. EFCC should have charged the man to court if they think he is guilty. Intimidation and harrasment is not the way forward.

What is the way forward?
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Gestapo-like go o o ment.
Do these people know the meaning of DEMOCRACY AND THE RULE OF LAW?
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Ephemmm: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
chesterlee:
If Efcc have the right evidence that Metuh erred, why not sue him?

Holding him in their cells and forcing him to pay some 'imaginary money' is barbaric and should be condemned!

cc Lalasticlala

Do you remember FG got court's injunction to detain him further because of his inordinate attempt to say anything?
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by jenbost: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
stupidity is when you know the truth, see the truth but still believe lies. many Nigerians are stupid. Metu and Co stole our collective patrimony and many of you are disparaging the government and condemning his incarceration by EFCC. Restitution is what we are asking for. You and I are the rightful owner of the money they stole. They should return the money if they value and liberty.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by ichendua: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
It is only criminals that seek freedom in the court of law.
This is system of rule of law aids criminals.
A man will steal and will be asking the accused to charge him to court because he knows
that lawyers can do abracadabra for him and set him free.
EFCC please hold him down he is a criminal.

looseweight:
Efcc is not trying @ all.

Y not try this man in the court of law and give the court its power to prosecute him..

I guess you don't have enough evidence to present him in the court of law.

I am of the thought that most of the corrupt people will be asked to return their loot or risk going to prison.
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by McChords: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hmmh!! Na waoh! This practice now of detaining people without charge is un becoming. And the amazing thing is that the national assembly and the judiciary are just watching while the presidency and it's agency just ignore every basic law in the book. Why? Is it because u guys to have a lot of skeletons in ur cupboard, why can't u call these people to order. There is a dangerous precedent being set here and I fear this miscarriage won't just end with peeps of the last administration. I suspect Olisah embezzled money, but since when did my suspicion or that of buhari ever convict someone of a crime. What is wrong with the presidency and it's agencies. Arresting and perpetually detaining people without gathering evidence and charging them to court suggest that the agenda of the presidency is much more sinister than merely fighting corruption. EFCC chairman do your job the proper way and stop being a pawn or showing us how incompetent u guys are. Buhari's administration would come to an end one day, after that what next. I don't understand, the same court whose ruling on releasing other accused detainees is being ignored is the same court that is expected to hear and rule on the cases of the accused. So what happens if the court finds them not guilty. Please Judiciary, dismiss the cases of any body being brought under these circumstances, simply on the grounds that rule of law wasn't adhered to and that individual rights were grossly violated.National Assembly, it's high time u consider passing a law that authorises the citizenry to use lethal force in defense of their freedom from these agencies who subvert the rule of law to accomplish their sinister motives. There is wisdom behind search warrant and arrest warant oh!. Hmmmh!
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by VicHeavens10(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
I see no need in worrying the court on this matter. Nnamdi Kanu case is a clear proof.

All the lawyer, family and friends of Metuh need to is to offer a nice sacrifice of atonement to the Commander in chief...!
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
GOFRONT:
It's all about GOAT and YAM
cool

Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Ivoryd1: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Look all u supporting metuh .....metuh is just tryin a trick : he intentionally doesn't want to speak to efcc so d@ d normba of days to kip him in detention will elapse and as such can file a case against efcc for continued detention.....
But d beauty of it is d@ even if efcc releases him , dss can re-arrest him or efcc can be ordered to still kip him against court orders from 'orders from above'
Dey no he'll definitely do d@ so d@ he can kip filing case to d court( no be beans ooo.....u go settle lawyers and even judges ...financial fatigue will set in bla bla
D judges ave so much bin compromised such d@ it is glarin dere judgements only follow d direction of money(u no wot I mean by d@)
Dis guys are only tryin to manipulate d system due to d loopholes and it's important to use state institutions wit every means necessary even if it involves using force to deal wit dem squarely or else d cases will be dragged for too long....
Let's stop supporting impunity all in d name of fundamental rites
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by Ivoryd1: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
To me fundamental rites should be suspended or can be trampled upon if d case involves a 'national issue'.....who send am wen he was lootin public funds and now he's shouting for his fundamental rites.....
I love presidential orders.....one tin som peeps don't know is d@ d president has 'gray areas of power and authority which far exceeds d@ of d judiciary and legislature....well I doubt if any president in d whole world adheres 'strictly to every court orders'....some court orders may not be convenient for d president and as such may decide to set it aside cuz he has some superficial authority though it isn't written explicitly for d president to disobey court orders....d courts can only shout but dey can do nothing......
D president is only protecting d interest of d citizens which he has sworn to defend....
Dose stealing d public funds are not helping us as dey are causing more people to be impoverished....lets defend our nation treasury.....shikena
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by tope777(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Zico5:
To release the people that took us back 20 years. The system already on ground will never allow that. Whatever it may take, our common looted funds must be returned, whatever the ethnicity, yoruba, igbo or hausa; nobody should be spared. Buhari should never be swayed by anybody no matter the personality. All we re clamoring for is better Nigeria that we all will be proud of.

If Dasuki $2.1billion took you back for 20 years. Then how many years the loot of these fellow men took you back:

Buhari oil money of $2.8 billion in 1978?
IBB oil windfall $12billion 1989?
OBJ $16billion Power money in 2006?
Re: Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention by bashydemy(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pidggin:
Sorry EFCC do their home work wella and also see court approval to arrest and detain those people for atleast 15 days..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP: Fresh Crisis Looms As Sheriff Ignores Nec’s Directive / Court Declares Omo-Agege's Suspension Illegal / BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.