Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship (54275 Views)

4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog / Wrong Assumptions We Make In Life. / Pls How Much Do Authors Make In Nigeria After Publishing His\her Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by captain247: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
What a wonderful story that made me glued my eyes to my phone just as Mary and Samuel does to their TV till past 1am.
Most females cannot tell what love is from sex and affection that was what Mary lacks. She doesn't know what she wants but couldn't confide in her mother who could have helped her out with good advice.
Most of the time our parents are also our friends, they play both roles in our lives but many are afraid to discuss relationship issues with their family.
Being secretive to your partner is very wrong and not safe at all. It makes you to start telling lies upon lies.
What if her first love happens to be a chronic Armed rubber would she have continued with him all in the name of first love?
Ladies first love doesn't mean best lover or best man on earth.
Op you're a very good writer. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by invinzible1: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Olajhidey22:
Episode 20

David never did disturb me again, he just kept his distance and avoided me like a snake which i very much loved, even though it really was very surprising to Samuel who couldn’t believe that David easily swallowed his pride and gave me up without any harm.

ONE YEAR LATER

Time flies so fast when we have our dreams up and running. I was soon in the second semester of my 3rd year while Samuel in his final semester as a student.

Our relationship blossomed and matured into something so solid and sweet, despite the fact we abstain from sex. It just looked as if i was created for him. His family accepted and treated me as if i was their daughter. They really couldn’t wait for us to finish school and get married.

I transformed Samuel from a quiet, cool headed introvert into an artistic, charming, noble young man whose greatest hobby was to love me. The clothes in my wardrope, the jewelleries, flowers, cards, teddy bears i was lavished with and even my fat bank account all testified to his benevolence. He so totally spoilt me, that i hardly ever touched the monthly allowance my parents do give me. My ego and pride were so high. I was envied by many.

“Oh what else could i have asked my creator for?”

LOVE SURELY WORKS WONDERS

But sometimes no matter how hard we struggle to shape our future, challenges do come to test our courage and zeal, always appearing when least expected, and only a little misdeed that moment could rewrite everything.

Some folks do say that ‘whatever will be, will surely be no matter how hard we plan’, and some holy books do say ‘our destiny already has been written by our creator before birth’. Whatever the case, life is so full of mysteries.

The future i so much struggled to build with Samuel was completely jeopardized weeks into my 300 level second semester. I never knew my fate could take such a dramatic twist nor my past showing up to haunt me. Not only did it return to haunt me, it equally came to steal my soul, pride, heart and all i laboured for, without even a mask to hide its face.

My past came pertinaciously for me when i least expected, and i truly can’t explain how lost or petrified i was when it came knocking on my door.

The shock, pain and anger i felt when i answered my door and saw Emmanuel (My ex-boyfriend) smiling nervously with hands clasped behind him, was so immense that i couldn’t breathe for a while. The look of relief in his eyes when they rested on me really was undeniable. For some seconds i stared at him speechlessly, lost in thought and clueless on what to do.

He truly wasn’t looking bad, though a bit darker than when i last saw him. He wore a white shirt, black tie, trouser and shoes. His features perfectly constructed and matured…..

How fast i noticed…

Hmmm..

“Nooooo go away!” i cried as i shut my door on his face, dived to my bed and covered my head with my pillow.

“How did he find me?” i wondered miserably.

I left my old lodge and changed my phone number all because of him. Seeing him that afternoon instantly brought up old memories, drawing out tears from my eyes. I was highly demoralized.

“Mary please open your door, i just came to talk with you” he knocked and begged. I simply ignored him and refused to open my door.

He finally left after an hour of constant knocking. I heaved a sigh of relief and made the sign of the cross.

“Lord be my strength” i prayed, because I needed no one to tell me that he would return. However i failed to mention Emmanuel’s visit to Samuel, when we were together later in the evening, without knowing the reason (another great mistake ladies make in a realationship). Perhaps it was because i didn’t want to involve him in my problems anymore. A lame excuse i consoled myself with.

“Hope everything is alright?” Samuel asked curiously as soon as he noticed my absent-mindedness,

“I’m having a slight headache” i muttered calmly,

“I have panadol in my room, let me get it for you” he sweetly said as he got up,

“No don’t worry, all i need is just a good night sleep” i murmured and flashed him a smile. He shrugged and rubbed my back,

“Good night dear, let me leave you alone” he muttered and left for his room.

“Some lecturers are truly very annoying with the manner they behave sometimes” i murmured furiously as i left our lecture hall after writing a hot impromptu test which i manged to answer only three out of six questions. I really was very annoyed and swore to anyone who blocked my path as i left the hall as if something was pursuing me.

A strong hand grabbed me without warning, i instantly turned to lash out on whoever it may be. But I was stunned when my eyes fell on Emmanuel, smiling nervously in his usual way. I felt like slapping him but the crowd around us was much.

“Calm down my dear, things are not always as they seem” he muttered quietly,

“I have a story to tell, after listening to it you can then pour out your mind” he added calmly.

“I’m in no mood to listen to your story, i don’t care anymore, moreover it’s too late” i replied haughtily. I could have snatched my hand and ran away that moment, but i didn’t, instead i stood and stared at him while i calmly deliberated whether to listen to his story or not. Curiousity got hold of me.

“Don’t say anything dear till you listen to my story, it won’t take much of your time, you can go your way after listening to it. I only came to fulfill something i promised myself” he urged with a smile. I breathed deeply, shrugged with a shoulder and followed him to a quiet, expensive cafe at the other end of the school.

I knew it was undignifying to allow my curiousity get hold of me, but i just couldn’t help it.

“Am i under a spell or what?” i asked myself as we sat down in the cafe, moments later.

“Please God don’t allow Samuel to see me here” i silently prayed with guilt….

-To be continued-

[b]Source: [/b]http://www.bussydave.com.ng/2016/01/story-common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a-relationship-episode-20

DEAR OP, in as much u want to drive traffic to your blog u forgot to accredit the original owner of the story u stole and u feel fly as people are praising for stealing. In the original work, Samuel's name was Benjamin, and Emmanuel's name was Mike, u couldn't cover ur track well. And u didn't give us the full story.
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by divineRx(f): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Optional2:

you can finish it here.

http://gospelbreed.com/2016/01/story- common-mistakes-ladies-make-in-a- relationship-episode-39/
thanks dear i really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by divineRx(f): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
captain247:
What a wonderful story that made me glued my eyes to my phone just as Mary and Samuel does to their TV till past 1am.
Most females cannot tell what love is from sex and affection that was what Mary lacks. She doesn't know what she wants but couldn't confide in her mother who could have helped her out with good advice.
Most of the time our parents are also our friends, they play both roles in our lives but many are afraid to discuss relationship issues with their family.
Being secretive to your partner is very wrong and not safe at all. It makes you to start telling lies upon lies.
What if her first love happens to be a chronic Armed rubber would she have continued with him all in the name of first love?
Ladies first love doesn't mean best lover or best man on earth.
Op you're a very good writer. Thanks
i totally agree wit u.. nd to d ladies he is ur first love does nt mean he is goin to b d best tin dat will ever happen to u,wen true love comes again appreciate it nd move on...nice story@Op kip up d gud work

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by rachealfst(f): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
I can't believe I missed this wonderful story. I even thought it was a new post until I saw the date. January 2016!
Nice story with great lessons. Truly this are common mistakes ladies make.

Mary should have talked to God about this, I felt for her. My heart is really heavy after reading this. She thought she was following her heart. The heart that was already fed with lies and deceit.There are some things our disgression can't fix.

The only one who can direct our path is God. It says there's a way that seemeth right in our eyes but the end there of is destruction. We must learn to commit our ways into God's hands (both genders)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece Olajhidey22. God bless you. May your source of inspiration never run dry. More wisdom and inspiration in Jesus name.

Please I need to invite my people, you must not miss this great piece.
Evajael
SurestG
anneboy02
yewande1234
Kimberlywest
Hadampson
Adesina12
queenitee
sexymamatee
oluwatymylehyn
Tife01
Toyin223
Countrygirl
ComelyJummy

3 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Toyin223(f): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=59151303]I can't believe I missed this wonderful story. I even thought it was a new post until I saw the date. January 2016!

Mary should have talked to God about this, I felt for her. My heart is really heavy after reading this. She thought she was following her heart. The heart that was already fed with lies and deceit.There are some things our disgression can't fix.

The only one who can direct our path is God. It says there's a way that seemeth right in our eyes but the end there of is destruction. We must learn to commit our ways into God's hands (both genders)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece Olajhidey22. God bless you. May your source of inspiration never run dry. More wisdom and inspiration in Jesus name.

Evajael
SurestG
anneboy02
yewande1234
Kimberlywest
Hadampson
Adesina12
queenitee
sexymamat

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Toyin223(f): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Tank u sister i Reader Dis Story On Facebook Bt I Cant Read D End
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Countrygirl(f): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=59151303]Thanks Sis for remembering to call me. I read it that time.

1 Like

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by sixtuso(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
Very interesting write up
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Tchiman(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
Heavance:

How can the said Samuel get married immediately after graduation? Note, he hasn't gone through nysc, or got a job yet. This doesn't make the story look real at the end at all

you forgot that Samuel came from a wealthy family.......owing from what the writer said of how Samuel was spoiling Mary with gift and money to the extent that she was not even touching her own monthly pocket money....

so I guess he can actually marry immediately after graduation........because Owo po!
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by tytj88: 2:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Now only faint you faint, you nor die? Wicked bitch, you got what you deserved. Bitch
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by sexymamatee(f): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
rachealfst:
I can't believe I missed this wonderful story. I even thought it was a new post until I saw the date. January 2016!

Evajael
SurestG
anneboy02
yewande1234
Kimberlywest
Hadampson
Adesina12
queenitee
sexymamatee
oluwatymylehyn
Tife01
Toyin223
Countrygirl
ComelyJummy

@rachealfst for the mention. I have read the story.
@Olajhidey22 thanks for the great story so much lesson to be learnt.

Ladies really need to be careful when in a relationship and never interpret sex for love. in Mary case I think the main problem was the fact that she already lost her virginity to Emmanuel, and she already had it in mind to keep her pride for husband, which explains the reason why she forgave Emmanuel when he came back with the proposal.

Mary wasn't smart and prayerful enough to know that Emmanuel was actually running away from something ( which is Stella) which was the reason for him insisting on them getting married early.

Sometimes we ladies do get the signs that the relationship we are is not d right one but we still foolishly go ahead with it cause we are blinded but stupid love.

May the lord help all ladies out their in choosing the right spouse

2 Likes

Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by epistleNow(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
sexymamatee:

........Sometimes we ladies do get the signs that the relationship we are is not d right one but we still foolishing go ahead with it cause we are blinded but stupid love

To be fair to Mary, I feel she is a product of her environment.

She probably got taught that being a virgin till she marry is the ultimate goal and anything else is unacceptable.

She probably never saw forgiveness of sin being taught and practised,
because out here in the world, we love to show that some are better than others.
Some are sinners and some, saints.

We love to make examples of people, of those who don't follow our set rules.
So rather than Live for All we Live for Status.

Totally against Jesus beliefs, but we set the rules in His name.

So she fell, has it is known to every man, but couldn't totally find forgiveness for herself.

If she had, she wouldn't have thought it was better to be with the one that got her disvirgined,
she would have thoroughly treat him like every other guy that came her way.
Even people you saw a month ago may have gone through stuff that needs to be known to you, talk more of someone gone over a year.

She got trapped by belief pattern fashioned to destroy.

The lessons to be learnt :
Love is great
We are fallible
Forgive yourself
Forgive the other
Live life without regrets.
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by Maksol(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
This is one of the best story line I have ever read. Mary messed up her life with greed. She messed it up with indecision. Thumps up yemstok. You did an excellent job.
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by yemstok(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
Maksol:
This is one of the best story line I have ever read. Mary messed up her life with greed. She messed it up with indecision. Thumps up yemstok. You did an excellent job.

if the 'thumbs up' was for helping to post the remaining part of the story, I fit take am. No be me write the story o!
Re: Story: Common Mistakes Ladies Make In A Relationship by hammerFC: 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] / Common Grammatical Errors We Make In Our Everyday English / IFY - A Romantic Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.