Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar (37729 Views)

Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal / Naira Crashes To 300 Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2016
wink2015:
[size=18pt]Let Nigeria learn to manufacture the things we need here in Nigeria and our currency will appreciate in the international market. Our market is flooded with too much chinese mobile phones, chinese radios, chinese rechargable lamp etc.

Each of the 36 states of the federation must have a private sector driven industrial farms for modernised agriculture.

We must learn to eat what we grow and you will see our nations moving forward.

[/size]
\

Question is who wants to buy Nigerian products
with our shortcut attitude
Anything made in Nigeria will be substandard
Just saying undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by shortgun(m): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2016
ichidodo:
[b] As we recalled Ngozi Okonjo Iweala shouting herself hoarse on the need to diversify the economy and save far back as 2012. Maybe you also cast your mind back on her instituting the SWF on the backdrop of vitriolic oppositions from political elements -who,ironically,are now 'saints' in this admin e.g Amaechi,Saraki etc and most gullible Nigerians- Heck, we even remembered the constant yearly fights btw NOI and the political class especially those of the opposition back then on what point to peg our budget about a certain oil price so as to fund it and also save for the rainy day....whilst NOI insisted on pegging way below the crude oil price so as to have excess dollars to save,amaechi and his rabid dogs insisted and pegged it higher so as to have that excess dollars to loot.At a point the Federal Government was taken to court and that was the end of it for NOI,but as bad as it is right now, NOI could have steered this economy away from this global downturn just as her policies auto piloted us away from the 2008 financial meltdown....but who are we kidding when we are stucked with janjaweede propagandists,imbecilic,illiterate tyrants from daura with zombies as their fanatic supporters and wait for it......a rookie and a horribly mentally limited finance minister whose last gig was impoverishing a state into begging for bail out funds, let us leave the topic of her getting the job via tribal and regional sentiments for another day.....And you wondered why we laugh?! Thank goodness we relocated back to France in time.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by nike4love: 8:36am On Jan 13, 2016
Kikero112:

And in response.....

You want to avoid problems like the one we are in?

We have to become an industrial nation producing good quality industrial goods.....WHICH can then be exported for large amounts of forex.

Devaluing our currency under those circumstances would be beneficial to us...because it makes our exports cheaper.....and imports expensive....reducing our dependency on imports.

We cannot do that now...because our industries are dependent on imported goods.

Judge the present govt on how it does in that area.

Mr do U produce where there is no electricity

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by just4fun(m): 8:40am On Jan 13, 2016
As we recalled Ngozi Okonjo Iweala shouting herself hoarse on the need to diversify the economy and save far back as 2012. Maybe you also cast your mind back on her instituting the SWF on the backdrop of vitriolic oppositions from political elements -who,ironically,are now 'saints' in this admin e.g Amaechi,Saraki etc and most gullible Nigerians- Heck, we even remembered the constant yearly fights btw NOI and the political class especially those of the opposition back then on what point to peg our budget about a certain oil price so as to fund it and also save for the rainy day....whilst NOI insisted on pegging way below the crude oil price so as to have excess dollars to save,amaechi and his rabid dogs insisted and pegged it higher so as to have that excess dollars to loot.At a point the Federal Government was taken to court and that was the end of it for NOI,but as bad as it is right now, NOI could have steered this economy away from this global downturn just as her policies auto piloted us away from the 2008 financial meltdown....but who are we kidding when we are stucked with janjaweede propagandists,imbecilic,illiterate tyrants from daura with zombies as their fanatic supporters and wait for it......a rookie and a horribly mentally limited finance minister whose last gig was impoverishing a state into begging for bail out funds, let us leave the topic of her getting the job via tribal and regional sentiments for another day.....And you wondered why we laugh?! Thank goodness we relocated back to France in time.

Bros, one million likes for ur comment.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Trafford(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2016
Kikero112:

So...what do you want him to do?

What do you think that GEJ would have done if he was still in charge.?

What the CBN has done is the best of two bad choices. The other one.....straight devaluation....would have crashed our naira further.

We are paying the price for an oil dependent economy. And it is going to take more than seven months and lots of hard work to get off the oil dependency.

We would still devalue the naira as some point, so why procrastinate it?
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by tonychristopher: 8:45am On Jan 13, 2016
I don't know what I will say again they will dangle the ban on me ..but all I have to say is that we are in for a very long thing

One thing that makes me glad is that I wasn't sold a dummy and I never voted this APC gangs . .. And I did not vote Jonathan with his clueless tendency

Bubu is even worse ...I think he should resign and focus on cattle reading and sipping his kunu in old age and possibly giving us good recipe for gworo condiments .

He isn't cut out for intelligent discourse which he proved by evading debate ..now this is the mess they have put us in

I used to think that they said they will make dollar at par with naira

Well talk is cheap ..when you get to office on the backsof sentiment and emotions this is what you get

Those sai buhari crooners ..here we are

Nonsense

NOW I AWAIT MY BAN WITH ALL DIGNITY. ITS HIGH TIME I RETIRED

GOD BLESS ME AND THOSE OF US THAT BELIEVW IN GOD

if you believe in APC abracadabra... You are on your own

Bullshit

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Dexema(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2016
Pavore9:
The combined effect of not diversifying the economy before now and gross mismanagement of what was accrued from oil over the decades.
u must have scored full marks for summary in second. School.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Boss13: 8:52am On Jan 13, 2016
The CBN must find a way to fizzle out both the BDCs and parallel market. There is a change of consumer preference in holding the dollars rather than the naira. The preference will not change. The CBN must look for ways to ensure that holding the dollars is worthless in this country.

Informing the public that they can now deposit dollars into their account only increases the demand for dollars. There are businesses in this country that accepts only dollars as a means of exchange. We have importers in essential sectors in the country example Rice consumption.

A lot of people are screaming diversify the economy. Nobody is considering the stress and cost of production. An importer is merely a middleman. He calls his manufacturers who supplies him with products, he pays and sell to desperate consumers. That's a lot much easier than manufacturing and likewise, managing a business. Nobody is even considering international competition, where the Chinese are willingly to cut down the prices of their products to encourage buyers to continue patronage.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2016
toprealman:
story... so how much be pounds?
$1=199.2300 naira as of 8am naija time.

I also checked the exchange rate, just now, and it shows the exact amount you have quoted. undecided
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Papertrail11(m): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2016
[quote authors=babosky2008 post=41924483]
it is only in Nigeria , where govt supply foreign currency to bureau de change .we should stop dz illegal speculations and face the reality on ground.if you need $..and other forex .approach ur bank...u will definitely get it at the official xchange rate plus 5%commission on transactions . govt should withdraw all the bdc licences and declared their activities illegal. [/quote]

brosbeg is it only me nd yu dat hav brain in nairaland I was forced to askdat cos heyy...I dont understand why a county will gv so much power to bdc to dictate soo much to much....and cause us economic sabotage. ...if anybody
needs usd head to the damn banks and watch usd on a free fall

yrywill give so much p
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Unemadu: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2016
otokx:
The BDC are very greedy, after buying $ at 197 they will go and sell 287+ to fellow Nigerians.

That is how we just deceive and oppress ourselves in this country.

NEPA will bring bill when there is hardly and light.

How much are banks selling?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by frisky2good(m): 8:55am On Jan 13, 2016
May God punish all the governors that insisted that excess crude oil money must be shared. Now we have nothing left to depend on except whatever Abacha sends to us from the grave.

Pavore9:
The combined effect of not diversifying the economy before now and gross mismanagement of what was accrued from oil over the decades.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Papertrail11(m): 8:56am On Jan 13, 2016
babosky2008:

it is only in Nigeria , where govt supply foreign currency to bureau de change .we should stop dz illegal speculations and face the reality on ground.if you need $..and other forex .approach ur bank...u will definitely get it at the official xchange rate plus 5%commission on transactions . govt should withdraw all the bdc licences and declared their activities illegal.

comment of the day
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by toprealman: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2016
Hunnydropps:

I also checked the exchange rate, just now, and it shows the exact amount you have quoted. undecided
The country is now gone mental! Fraud by government and agencies everywhere. To think that most national dalies have this as their banner headline is sickening. How can they be part of this scam. misinforming innocent Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2016
Kikero112:

So...what do you want him to do?

What do you think that GEJ would have done if he was still in charge.?

What the CBN has done is the best of two bad choices. The other one.....straight devaluation....would have crashed our naira further.

We are paying the price for an oil dependent economy. And it is going to take more than seven months and lots of hard work to get off the oil dependency.
My broda y drag GEJ into this na
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by 989900: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2016
No be this kind change o, Bubu!

There is fire on the mountain!
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by ikkkkk: 9:21am On Jan 13, 2016
ichidodo:
[b] As we recalled Ngozi Okonjo Iweala shouting herself hoarse on the need to diversify the economy and save far back as 2012. Maybe you also cast your mind back on her instituting the SWF on the backdrop of vitriolic oppositions from political elements -who,ironically,are now 'saints' in this admin e.g Amaechi,Saraki etc and most gullible Nigerians- Heck, we even remembered the constant yearly fights btw NOI and the political class especially those of the opposition back then on what point to peg our budget about a certain oil price so as to fund it and also save for the rainy day....whilst NOI insisted on pegging way below the crude oil price so as to have excess dollars to save,amaechi and his rabid dogs insisted and pegged it higher so as to have that excess dollars to loot.At a point the Federal Government was taken to court and that was the end of it for NOI,but as bad as it is right now, NOI could have steered this economy away from this global downturn just as her policies auto piloted us away from the 2008 financial meltdown....but who are we kidding when we are stucked with janjaweede propagandists,imbecilic,illiterate tyrants from daura with zombies as their fanatic supporters and wait for it......a rookie and a horribly mentally limited finance minister whose last gig was impoverishing a state into begging for bail out funds, let us leave the topic of her getting the job via tribal and regional sentiments for another day.....And you wondered why we laugh?! Thank goodness we relocated back to France in time.[/b]

Best response for them. Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Addicted2Women: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2016
Hunnydropps:

Do you know what a bank exchange rate is and also the meaning of Parrarel/black market ??
If you wanna change your dollar at the bank, the exchange rate will be $1 = 199 naira.

If you go to the Ab0ki/mallam to change the dollars into naira, the will buy $1 for 300 naira.

Do you understand ??
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2016
grandstar:
An official devaluation would have crashed the price to 230 at most. This was the. same experience in 2009 when Soludo tried in vain not to devalue it from120. It hit 190 at the black market.Sanusi came, devalued it to 150 andd the black market rate rose towards 150. Experts know why they say devalue.

Sanusi had bigger savings to play with....plus oil prices started rising again.

As summarized here:http://qz.com/564513/a-not-so-brief-history-of-the-fall-and-fall-of-the-nigerian-naira/

Right now....we don't have the savings and oil is still falling.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Skynet247(m): 9:28am On Jan 13, 2016
Abeg make $ bi lik 400# before i witdraw my 700$ on fiverr...
Every dissapointment is a blessing...
For us we are in the middle while for people who dont know online money will feel the complete impart...
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2016
Boss13:
The CBN must find a way to fizzle out both the BDCs and parallel market. There is a change of consumer preference in holding the dollars rather than the naira. The preference will not change. The CBN must look for ways to ensure that holding the dollars is worthless in this country.

Informing the public that they can now deposit dollars into their account only increases the demand for dollars. There are businesses in this country that accepts only dollars as a means of exchange. We have importers in essential sectors in the country example Rice consumption.

A lot of people are screaming diversify the economy. Nobody is considering the stress and cost of production. An importer is merely a middleman. He calls his manufacturers who supplies him with products, he pays and sell to desperate consumers. That's a lot much easier than manufacturing and likewise, managing a business. Nobody is even considering international competition, where the Chinese are willingly to cut down the prices of their products to encourage buyers to continue patronage.

That is cold....@ the bolded.

Still...we have to diversify really. Oil is not coming back up, and agric is not the money spinner oil used to be.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Addicted2Women: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2016
I got $30,000 stacked up.
Will still continue working, then i will storm Nigeria in December.

I saw people selling their dollars on Nairaland.
I no go sell even if you give me 400 naira for 1 dollar.
I can see naira fall to it's death.
God is so good to his people.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2016
Trafford:

We would still devalue the naira as some point, so why procrastinate it?

Good question.

Devaluation as I have explained earlier makes imports expensive....forcing us to rely on made in Nigeria goods....which benefit our economy and prevents dollars from flying out of the country in the name of imports....reducing the pressure on the account.It would also make exports cheaper.

Sounds good doesn't it. But this is Nigeria.

In Nigeria...most of our industries rely on imported raw materials and components. So, devaluation would make the imported raw materials and components more expensive....increasing costs of production and increasing prices of domestically produced goods. Faced with increases in both imported and domestic goods....inflation results....and gets worse....putting more pressure on the naira and making things worse....till N1000000=$1.

That's why we are not devaluing right now....till we get the alternative streams of revenue that Madame Lagarde talked about.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by shaqhead: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2016
ichidodo:
Baba blue you can only deceive those your minions!
1. Where on earth do you find a country that depletes its FOREIGN RESERVE when it was selling at a record high of $100-$140 per barrel? #Buffer 1

2. How was the Excess Crude Account (ECA) managed during his time? Hasnt it come to light the unapproved withdrawals that occurred on the accounts whch the Amaechis and OShos were shouting themselves hoarse about? #Buffer 2

3. Have you forgotten that the same govt BORROWED to pay salaries? Where does that happen when we are supposed to have SURPLUS!

4. Doesn't the foregoing justify the position of the governors (not just APC governors mind you) to have their state fund in their backyards instead having some phantom SWF that we kno will be pilfered?

5. Do you by chance know the implication of the bleeding of the economy that took place under the watchful eyes of NOI and GEJ? When Sanusi said 20bn folks like you said he was crying fowl, now a #dash-sukigate stares in the face among others waiting in the wings!

6. Wasnt GEJ admin the best chance we had to diversify our economy? #Buffer 3

6. Didn't your darling NOI read the signs on the wall and said we should prepare for austerity measures? Should we be in this dire straits if not for the actions and inactions of the past administration.

Baba blue actually we are also laughing cos ur arrogant ignorance makes for good comic relief! grin grin

#Goodmorning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Cyojunior(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2016
Addicted2Women:
I got $30,000 stacked up.
Will still continue working, then i will storm Nigeria in December.

I saw people selling their dollars on Nairaland.
I no go sell even if you give me 400 naira for 1 dollar.
I can see naira fall to it's death.
God is so good to his people.

Ha ha y are u so heartlless lik dis ?
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Mekusdanny: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2016
Bros, you too much, Best response!!!
ichidodo:

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by Flairoqy(m): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2016
ZZ22:
anu mpama
What does it mean?
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by omozu1(m): 10:05am On Jan 13, 2016
The only solution is to increase our export and reduce our import and also stop all the illegal ways our leaders ship our money (dollars) aboard.

Let it fall to say 500 naira to 1 dollar no problem but we should stop to import fuel, tooth pick and other nonsense that we import.
And we should start to export everything even our children they should go and work and bring dollars.

Our leaders should get serious i mean they should do the right thing. I try to asses the 220 billion given to sme, my bank said i should bring a house or nothing.
With one million i can produce tooth pick here and even matches.
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by ubiR(f): 10:07am On Jan 13, 2016
ultrazone:

www.punchng.com/naira-crashes-to-300-against-dollar/
what d present leadership is doing is what shld ve been done yrs ago. Since its expedient we got things right, we shld be ready to face the consequences wch is momentary for a better Nigeria, so that our children wil b happy tomorrow. We all have to appreciate the effort been made. Things are hard 'yes' bt they have to be for a better Naija.

Good morning
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by ekwujuru: 10:11am On Jan 13, 2016
My fellow Nija pls be calm all that is happening is part of the change we needed which former pdps will give us under the name of APC ; missing of budget is not a new thing. how ino go miss pmb think Price of oil will increase like the other time he enter with gun pmb you are just begging to learn your lesson nothing is for ever nothing wen sweet wen no de shawa or bitter nothing is missing don't mind them .na still them them pmb left his living child the follow the spirit of his dead child de go up and down who no corrupt in this our country do something start with what's you meet there coupled with the ones the looters returned secretly anybody who has tested our presidential post is not free from corruption let's know who and who returned our money and how much they returned secretly abi they tip you not to mention remember is part of corruption ......
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by MSItachi: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2016
ZZ22:
anu mpama

Foolis.h Animal
Re: Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar by wiseoneking: 10:20am On Jan 13, 2016
Kikero112:

And in response.....

You want to avoid problems like the one we are in?

We have to become an industrial nation producing good quality industrial goods.....WHICH can then be exported for large amounts of forex.

Devaluing our currency under those circumstances would be beneficial to us...because it makes our exports cheaper.....and imports expensive....reducing our dependency on imports.

We cannot do that now...because our industries are dependent on imported goods.

Judge the present govt on how it does in that area.

What on earth is the kikero girl saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Best Method To Send Money Abroad (US)? / Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.