Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,810 members, 7,862,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Agony Of Growing Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Agony Of Growing Up (632 Views)

13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up. / 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) / [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Agony Of Growing Up by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2016
I wonder how grown ups cope with the stress of life. Having so many responsibilities and yet not buckling under the weight of all that pressure.

Sometimes, I wish time would just slow down and move at the speed of a snail or even slower but hey if only wishes were horses yeah?

I'm in my early twenties and I love to play games, I don't mind spending my last kobo on a new cd. Couple of weeks back, I walked up to my folks as usual and requested for the PS4 but the response I got brought both anger and a sense of reasoning

Me: Pops I need a new console

Pops: you know you're not getting younger and you should start thinking about life in a more matured way and not just spending hours in front of the tv playing video games

Me: *swallows spit*

Pops: cont'd ...you're a graduate now and after your nysc, you'll start to think of settling down, having your own kids and all. Are you going to take care of them by playing video games?

I walked out gracefully, sat on couch and began to picture myself doing all that grown-up stuff and was sick to my stomach. I don't know if anyone reading this have had this sorta of experience abeg how una take cope?
Re: The Agony Of Growing Up by Kayoski(m): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
Stexy:
I wonder how grown ups cope with the stress of life. Having so many responsibilities and yet not buckling under the weight of all that pressure.

Sometimes, I wish time would just slow down and move at the speed of a snail or even slower but hey if only wishes were horses yeah?

I'm in my early twenties and I love to play games, I don't mind spending my last kobo on a new cd. Couple of weeks back, I walked up to my folks as usual and requested for the PS4 but the response I got brought both anger and a sense of reasoning

Pops: you know you're not getting younger and you should start thinking about life in a more matured way and not just spending hours in front of the tv playing video games

Pops: cont'd ...you're a graduate now and after your nysc, you'll start to think of settling down, having your own kids and all. Are you going to take care of them by playing video games?

I walked out gracefully, sat on couch and began to picture myself doing all that grown-up stuff and was sick to my stomach. I don't know if anyone reading this have had this sorta of experience abeg how una take cope?
I think the problem is u havnt learnt taking responsibilities while growing up...
I guess everything u needed was given to u on a platter of Gold..
And u are now in the harsh reality that nothing comes easy..

Finally from my deduction,u seem to be from a wealthy home " asking for PS4 " my own papa no even buy PS2 for me.. so since ur dad get bar he can surely fix u up after ur nysc .

But na marriage go tell u say kahki no be leather..

I advice u take up some responsiblities. u cud join societies that can engage u especially in nysc camp..
Re: The Agony Of Growing Up by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Kayoski:

I think the problem is u havnt learnt taking responsibilities while growing up...
I guess everything u needed was given to u on a platter of Gold..
And u are now in the harsh reality that nothing comes easy..

Finally from my deduction,u seem to be from a wealthy home " asking for PS4 " my own papa no even buy PS2 for me.. so since ur dad get bar he can surely fix u up after ur nysc .

But na marriage go tell u say kahki no be leather..

I advice u take up some responsiblities. u cud join societies that can engage u especially in nysc camp..
thanks man
Re: The Agony Of Growing Up by Richy4(m): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Stexy:

Money for video games @ 20s...... I hope they have stopped buying you Christmas cloths shocked

(1) (Reply)

Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi 14 January 2016 / All You Need To Know About Knee Angular Deformities In Children / BREAKING NEWS: Police Rescue Abducted Babington Schoolgirls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.