Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:51 AM

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream (21467 Views)

19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Wife Burns Husband's Official Documents In Lagos Over His Adulterous Acts / The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by nairayouthcom(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2016
Please nairalanders, please come to my aid, i have been watching this in a movie until it happen to my Girlfriend (coursemate)

Fast forward, this is how the story goes

This particular girl has been living with her family peacefully until 4years ago, she was in ss3 when her parents died in a gastic motor accident

Before her parents died, they acquired alot of properties down, her dad is a medical doctor while her mum is a trader, the family of her dad has just 3brothers which her dad made the 3brother, after that horrible incident the junior to her dad which is the last born of her dad family decided to be taking care of the girl which he packed from his own House to the girl parents House, the journey was voice smoothly until this year when a call came in through her phone, it was the wife of the man taking care of her, she asked her have she seen her period for the new month and she answer not yet time, she now told her to travel down home to pick a phone she bought for her, she told her she's not coming now that she will be coming when there is not better activities in school.....

Another call canme in and at this time it was the man who she used to refer to as DADDY, as at this time the man took time to explain to her that they Want to sell one of her Dad's properties which is located at the heart of Ondo State, this land is 6plots. The next day she jet down to Ondo to confirm what she heard on phone been the first time they will mention her dad properties to her hearing, the land was bought with her name which they cant sell with out her consent

When she reached Ondo they told her that her dad collected loan from Gtbank and the bank are disturbing them to pay back, as at this time, she asked them to tell her the location and they should show her the document of the properties, the worst part of it is that they shut her up with an excuse that she's a female and what does she Want to do with properties, as at this time the lady realised that she has been scammed by the so called DADDY AND MUM

She picked her phone and called the Man elder brother and in a twinkle of an eye he arrived the scene, the so called DADDY told his elder brother that there is no money to help him sponsoring the young girl education again, the elder brother asked the girl that should they sell the land while the girl asked them with a question that she Want to know how many property remain in her dad properties and the so called DADDY told her its remain only the 6plots, she asked them again atleast her dad is a working class person, she asked them to tell her how much remain in her dad account

They told her that her dad has an account with Gtbank and her dad next on kin is her mother that They are unable to touch the account

What the so call DADDY said make the elder brother angry and picked up the 6plots of land document and zoom off

Personally have been helping this lady finacially, am a blogger which i share with her my blog little income with her, as at now she's living in my own roof now cause her landlord is on her for House rent, No food nothing nothing, i decided to post this online cause i believe She shouldnt continue like this

NOW THE LADY NEEDS ALOT OF MONEY TO PAY IN SCHOOL AND THE SO CALLED DADDY SAID HE DIDNT HAVE HANDS IN HER EDUCATION AGAIN (should the young girl sign the document so that the so called daddy turn his better side of him to her to finish her education, she's in an health school in kwara State ? Or she should just forget about her education?)

TO THE BANKERS how can she get access to her dads (ACCOUNT) money

Please my fellow nairaLander she need your Advice

Abeg dont mind my English thats not my mother tongue

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by urchbarbie(f): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
does her dad av a will? if yes, d better. if her dad has a lawyer she can find out. if nope, let her go to a good lawyer who wld help her apply for letters of administration from the court probate registry. the letters wld help her get into her dads account. the only tin be say, I think she has to pay a percentage of d funds to d govt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by nairayouthcom(m): 7:44am On Feb 29, 2016
urchbarbie:
does her dad av a will? if yes, d better. if her dad has a lawyer she can find out. if nope, let her go to a good lawyer who wld help her apply for letters of administration from the court probate registry. the letters wld help her get into her dads account. the only tin be say, I think she has to pay a percentage of d funds to d govt.

Nothing like will nor family lawyer
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by urchbarbie(f): 8:03am On Feb 29, 2016
nairayouthcom:

Nothing like will nor family lawyer
dats d problem with us nigerian. we forget d law can protect and do stuffs outside it till we get in trouble. Abeg d babe is above 18 right? let her find a lawyer she can talk to. she shld av a lawyer frnd or dont u av any?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by nairayouthcom(m): 2:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
urchbarbie:
dats d problem with us nigerian. we forget d law can protect and do stuffs outside it till we get in trouble. Abeg d babe is above 18 right? let her find a lawyer she can talk to. she shld av a lawyer frnd or dont u av any?

Will look 4 1 asap

4 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by nairayouthcom(m): 2:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Were is lalasticla now

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by babyfaceafrica: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
This is super story.....

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Elerineye01(m): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
Orisirisi...
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Sunnycliff(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
All these greedy and Shylock relatives eeh, there matter na God go judge am!

But if they can beg the girl for two plots rather than six I think it won't be out of place for she to be able to complete her studies. #imo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Idydarling(f): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
you're a blogger? ?? am sorry miss, but ur English is wack

37 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ShakurM(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
To the poster above, this is not about English

If I can guess right, she would be like 17+ in Ss3 and she's the only child..fastfoward to 2016 that's like 21years. Good. She's an adult.

Her dad has 3 brothers, she stays with the youngest and the wife of the youngest asked her if she has seen her period, what's up with that, this is Nigeria, hope nothing fetish is going on?

Who's referred to as DADDY? Is DADDY part of the 3 brothers? Clarify this Op

This is a big advantage since the land purchase is in her name but this advantage isn't the one she can keep with the kind of position she is.

Concrete shoes won't help in a river.

The wise thing to do would be to act the fool, show a lot of signs of obeisance, be extra polite and sign those documents to complete her education , they would probably sell it anyway with her presence or absence.

Don't lose your life over 6plots. Her glory isn't tied to it and let her remember people have had it worse than her. You are her pillar young man and she's your cross.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by sexaddict08(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
tell her to pack n come to my house, I will solve her problem.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by bonechamberlain(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
this ur story is incomprehensible to the rational being, too much doubts about the veracity of this story .. undecided

4 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by itsik(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hmmm this is serious
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by VickyRotex(f): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Oga o. Mewa nsele laye yi. embarassed

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by repogirl(f): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
We don't pray for our parents to die but incase they do, first things first, ransack their room and keep all documents of properties. Land, cars and everything that's important. Keep everything where only you has access, don't trust anyone else with it.

Morountodun:
nairayouthcom, get a pro bono lawyer OR you two should come together and sue them. So far she is mentally competent and above 18 years old, she can manage her inheritance herself. Use your university law library, Nigerian constitution, professors to support your case.
However if you cannot do this, there are organisations that help like these http://www.gideonorphanage.org or http://www.crs.org/stories/helping-orphans-and-vulnerable-children-nigeria.
You can also consult your lawyer students. UNILAG law students offer citizen bureau services. Ask them for help.
thanks for this information.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ladyF(f): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
Your friend has been quite careless. How are you sure the brother hasn't cleared the account.

Opportunist uncle wanting to reap where he did not sow. I hate stories like this. He will die an untimely death and will watch from the pit of hell how his own children will suffer in the hands of other people. Some extended families are just nothing to write home about. They're just there for the money!!! Let me just hush before I will swear for the man's generation!!!

4 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by delpee(f): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
She should go to the Office of the Public Defender if based in Lagos. She can also contact women and child rights groups. They'll assist her to get letters of administration so she can access the bank account.

Has she searched her parents things for useful documents?

13 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Morountodun: 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
nairayouthcom, get a pro bono lawyer OR you two should come together and sue them. So far she is mentally competent and above 18 years old, she can manage her inheritance herself. Use your university law library, Nigerian constitution, professors to support your case.

However if you cannot do this, there are organisations that help like these http://www.gideonorphanage.org or http://www.crs.org/stories/helping-orphans-and-vulnerable-children-nigeria.

You can also consult your lawyer students. UNILAG law students offer citizen bureau services. Ask them for help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by powerfulsettingz: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Reading
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by STAINlESSobule: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
i can help her finish her education guy call me on 08177164022 i am leaving in portharcurt

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ibkgab001: 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
hummmmmm short of words for now please will need to think and come back with tangible advise
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by MrDoGood(m): 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
Get a lawyer and do the needful by kicking them out first from her house.

See grown up babe dey act like aboki.

4 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by MrMcJay(m): 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
OP, you don't carry a knife into a gunfight.

Send me a PM. I'm a lawyer and I'm willing to help for free.

Cheers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ourleader(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
By the authorities invest on ME, I stand against injustice to fatherless, No one will buy nor sell the land! THIS IS MY DEMAND
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Let her get a lawyer. I believe there are lawyers on Nairaland who can assist this lady. She shouldn't even sign any document o.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by daniska3yaro(m): 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
Idydarling:
you're a blogger? ?? am sorry miss, but ur English is wack
Ur so immature,it doesn't hurt to correct somebody,nobody is perfect.
Pretty girls will try to do all their best to help the op and his friend of finding solution to their problem,the beautiful aspect of life is to help sum1 in need nt adding pains to his/her wound but ugly ladies that even photoshop can't hide their ugly face will just want to make somebody feel bad.
Helping someone is like paying off someone else's debt.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by virus05(m): 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
I can help her
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by rahman3853(m): 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
May God bless you OP, and even as I speak, its so painful and disheartening. In such a case there are still some minor question to ask. The mother should have a next of kin, meaning the next of kin to her mum may receive the money in her father's account. I think that's first tthing to do, she shud try and contact the GTbank and find out if she is the next of kin to her mother and if not, who is it. And to explain everything. She shud nt stop at the customer care staff, she shud demand to see the Operations Manager dat can take the shot for her. Secondly, as educated has her father was and working class, I wanna believe he may have insurance policy somerwhere. She shud try and find out n go for the claims. Even me wey no reach him level have insurance ffor my kids. Lastly, she shud try and gget a lawyer iif no money to fund, u may go to National Human Right commission. If its in Lagos, she may go to Departmen for Public Defender, I think its at Barracks, surulere. They shud assist to acquire her properties, she may sell them, start a litttle busness yet continue her studies. I don't support signing anything, becos wen they finish selling her father's properties, these set of ppl can't personally pay heR fees, then she will be back to square 1. U may try this. I really feel for her. Its do pathetic. May God bless u bro, n noot get tired doing good.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Lady's Mother Surprised Her With A Car / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / Thought Provoking Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.