Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe (36109 Views)

Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos / Wike Supervising The Demolition Of Cultists' Hideout / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos By Joe Igbokw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe by gurnam: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2016
RickyTan:

Agreed, Have a good evening.

You have a good heart. The problem however is your mindset. You have been programmed that everything is a direct attack against Igbo interest, even when it's obvious that is not the case.
For eight years, they were engaged, dialogue with, and they keep coming up with excuses why the demolition should be postpone, they even insisted on not relocating to the allocated new market because it's story buildings with Lags BEGGING them to accept since land is scarce in Lagos to erect bugalow market that will consume more space.
Truth is NO GOVERNMENT anywhere in the world will stomach half of what the Igbo traders in Lagos tries with LASG.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe by RickyTan: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
gurnam:

You have a good heart. The problem however is your mindset. You have been programmed that everything is a direct attack against Igbo interest, even when it's obvious that is not the case.
For eight years, they were engaged, dialogue with, and they keep coming up with excuses why the demolition should be postpone, they even insisted on not relocating to the allocated new market because it's story buildings with Lags BEGGING them to accept since land is scarce in Lagos to erect bugalow market that will consume more space.
Truth is NO GOVERNMENT anywhere in the world will stomach half of what the Igbo traders in Lagos tries with LASG.

Your commentary is balanced and devoid of insults, hence i took the time to consider your points. Personally, I appreciate logic not the useless insults that we see from faceless children here. They cannot support any argument hence the throw insult.
I do not generally attack tribes but individuals and usually based on their actions. I invite you to please review my posts. Attacking tribe based on individual misdeed is illogical. I generally do not do that.

Ambode destroying this market may ultimately be justified as you tried to explain. But he needed to execute it better. The timing seems mean spirited and having peoples wares looted and burned while they were away is very bad. It sends the wrong message.

Again, I do not judge Ambode bc he is a Yoruba man. I consider him a Nigerian governor first and formest. But i believe that he is proving a bit inexperienced. He will learn from this and learn to sell things better.

Lastly, Igbos and Yoruba feud is the biggest gift to Northern Nigeria. See although I supported and still support PMB, I do not really think he takes Southern Nigeria very seriously. Look at his first 40 appointments. But we Southern Nigerians have ourselves to blame.
Re: The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe by julixomo: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Re: The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe by gurnam: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
RickyTan:

Your commentary is balanced and devoid of insults, hence i took the time to consider your points. Personally, I appreciate logic not the useless insults that we see from faceless children here. They cannot support any argument hence the throw insult.
I do not generally attack tribes but individuals and usually based on their actions. I invite you to please review my posts. Attacking tribe based on individual misdeed is illogical. I generally do not do that.

Ambode destroying this market may ultimately be justified as you tried to explain. But he needed to execute it better. The timing seems mean spirited and having peoples wares looted and burned while they were away is very bad. It sends the wrong message.

Again, I do not judge Ambode bc he is a Yoruba man. I consider him a Nigerian governor first and formest. But i believe that he is proving a bit inexperienced. He will learn from this and learn to sell things better.

Lastly, Igbos and Yoruba feud is the biggest gift to Northern Nigeria. See although I supported and still support PMB, I do not really think he takes Southern Nigeria very seriously. Look at his first 40 appointments. But we Southern Nigerians have ourselves to blame.

There is a limit to human tolerance, even you as the governor would have acted far much earlier than Ambode did.
Governor Fashola engaged these traders for the better part of his tenure. The oyingbo market was planned for demolition and rebuilding along the Owonifari market, while the Yorubas occupying the oyingbo market left for the reconstruction, the Igbos in Owonifari were using all sort of tricks and excuses to delay the demolition.
The oyingbo market is a thriving modern stall market today.
Ambode simply called off their bluff after all attempts to engage them to move out peacefully have failed, thus resulting to the forceful eviction.
Igbo traders need a change in orientation in Lagos, they should stop hiding under Federal government to confront the state government.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe by RickyTan: 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
gurnam:

There is a limit to human tolerance, even you as the governor would have acted far much earlier than Ambode did.
Governor Fashola engaged these traders for the better part of his tenure. The oyingbo market was planned for demolition and rebuilding along the Owonifari market, while the Yorubas occupying the oyingbo market left for the reconstruction, the Igbos in Owonifari were using all sort of tricks and excuses to delay the demolition.
The oyingbo market is a thriving modern stall market today.
Ambode simply called off their bluff after all attempts to engage them to move out peacefully have failed, thus resulting to the forceful eviction.
Igbo traders need a change in orientation in Lagos, they should stop hiding under Federal government to confront the state government.

I commend you bro. You are winning this argument on the strength of your logic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House Names Fayose 'opposition Leader' / Jibrin On Channels TV. Talks About Budget Padding (Pics) / NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.