Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture (22881 Views)

Ceos Hub Ventures Into Agriculture As It Introduces Ch Farms. / Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Consiglier:

The consumption of fresh milk here could be an issue

Just like most Kenyans regard powder milk as milk for refugees. It is all about mindset. I will prefer whenever l drop by at the supermarket to buy bread and eggs, to also have the option of buying half litre of milk from the milk dispensing machine such as this.

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Consiglier: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pavore9:

Just like most Kenyans regard powder milk as milk for refugees. It is all about mindset. I will prefer whenever l drop by at the supermarket to buy bread and eggs, to also have the option of buying half litre of milk from the milk dispensing machine such as this.

This is amazing. Implementing here will need a sizeable war chest.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by AliklasFarms: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Please any market for vegetables and fruits like watermelon
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pavore9:
Kenya

With my engagement around Kenya, l insist that the South can do well in dairy farming.
ok if you've seen it with your eyes then i cannot argue with that.i just think that the north has natural advantage so lower cost of production
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
Consiglier:

This is amazing. Implementing here will need a sizeable war chest.

Nigerians love novelty, install the dispensing machine in Shoprite outlets and see folks on the queue while some will be taking selfies! cheesy
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
mikolo80:
ok if you've seen it with your eyes then i cannot argue with that.i just think that the north has natural advantage so lower cost of production

About 60% of Israel is desert but produces 95% of its own food requirements and one of the world's largest exporter of food. Knowledge is the game-changer!
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Shakitibob0: 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pavore9:

About 60% of Israel is desert but produces 95% of its own food requirements and one of the world's largest exporter of food. Knowledge is the game-changer!

pavored I need education about the production of fresh milk - - - do you have any suggestion about where one can learn?
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:20am On Jun 22, 2016
Pavore9:

agreed but no amount of knowledge will allow you grow bananas in temperate region or apple in the tropics
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 5:30am On Jun 22, 2016
mikolo80:
agreed but no amount of knowledge will allow you grow bananas in temperate region or apple in the tropics

Though l have a reservation regarding your absoluteness as per growing Apple in the tropics but let us focus on dairy farming. Dairy farming is thriving across Kenya and all those areas share same climatic conditions with differents parts of Nigeria. It is not because something has not been attempted means it is not possible.

l woke up this morning to a 14°C Nairobi and will be going lower in the coming days but it does not stop kolanut trees doing well here!
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 5:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Pavore9:

Though l have a reservation regarding your absoluteness as per growing Apple in the tropics but let us focus on dairy farming. Dairy farming is thriving across Kenya and all those areas share same climatic conditions with differents parts of Nigeria. It is not because something has not been attempted means it is not possible.

l woke up this morning to a 14°C Nairobi and will be going lower in the coming days but it does not stop kolanut trees doing well here!
I'm not saying all plants are exclusive to certain habitats. just that some are unique and can/may not be economical to produce for export.

also I don't believe Kenya is rain forest region so may not have tsetse fly
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:08am On Jun 22, 2016
mikolo80:
I'm not saying all plants are exclusive to certain habitats. just that some are unique and can/may not be economical to produce for export.

also I don't believe Kenya is rain forest region so may not have tsetse fly

As per tsetse fly, this link will be informative as it is even spread across Kenya. http://www.kenttec.or.ke/index.php/in-kenya
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by whirlwind7(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2016
Pavore9:
Folks in the South west should be smart enough to grow veggies and spices such cabbage, lettuce, coriander, parsley, cucumber, mint, celery etc for the huge Lagos market which share the same population size of Cameroon rather than the stereotyped thought it has to be grown in the North, haulage through the south western states before they end up on the tables of Lagosians! All these crops are harvested between 45 to 90 days

The day Ogun State and Oyo State would wake up to the massive potential of dairy farming, is when they would realize they have wasted their time waiting on monthly allocation from Abuja. Diary farming is not a Northern preserve, it can be practised across Nigeria adopting zero grazing. A litre of pasteurized milk bought at the dispensing machine sells between N120-N140 across Kenya because diary farming is no longer a big deal as one can get a litre of raw milk for N60. These States should train their people on diary farming, so that we can have thousands of small holder farmers who should be producing an average of 250 litres daily that would be centrally collected, processed and sold to their local markets and transported in tankers to Lagos to meet the demands of the millions there! It is no rocket science as it is a common sight seeing tankers of milk on Kenya highways!

cheesy Definitely, it's no rocket science, but I honestly don't see the government in those states taking the initiative. Awoof monthly allocation from oil has crippled any sort of creative thoughts or actions they could have come up with.
Just take a look at the present crop of governors around. They can't locate their own ass with a flashlight and a magnifying lens.
Truth is, Nigeria had no reason for abandoning other sectors just because crude oil was discovered. Even right now that the international oil market is in recession, what they do is hope and pray that it will pick up once more. No active plans to diversify.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Pavore9: 7:54am On Jun 22, 2016
whirlwind7:

cheesy Definitely, it's no rocket science, but I honestly don't see the government in those states taking the initiative. Awoof monthly allocation from oil has crippled any sort of creative thoughts or actions they could have come up with.
Just take a look at the present crop of governors around. They can't locate their own ass with a flashlight and a magnifying lens.
Truth is, Nigeria had no reason for abandoning other sectors just because crude oil was discovered. Even right now that the international oil market is in recession, what they do is hope and pray that it will pick up once more. No active plans to diversify.

That is why Kenya is not really feeling the pain as it is not tied down to commodities. The economy revolves around tourism conference hosting, agriculture. Also having a huge number of multinationals having Nairobi as their hub. Dollar is becoming cheaper by the day because foreigners/tourists are coming in to spend their currency. Not to talk of the $50 thousands of travellers pay daily for visa on arrival fee.

Oil has really messed up our national psyche and have paralysed our capacity to look beyond it. Someone who is a staunch Fayose's acolyte was trying to convince me that Fayose can not re-orient Ekiti state from an economy that rotates around the salaries of civil servants because it would distort the system, that until the monthly allocation from Abuja improves will the state be bouyant! shocked shocked shocked
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by whirlwind7(m): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2016
mikolo80:
our farmers can't afford net for their kids and themselves ,na cow dem go fit afford net for ?

It is convenient to make such excuses.

Read that article again. Once you realize that those farmers mentioned are very poor rural folks too, you might begin to change your outlook. There's always a solution if you are determined.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
whirlwind7:

Read that article again. Once you realize that those farmers mentioned are very poor rural folks too, you might begin to change your outlook. There's always a solution if you are determined.
I agree but who will bell the cat.
who will show them that it is possible.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
whirlwind7:

I agree but who will bell the cat.
who will show them that it is possible.
you can't give what you don't have.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Pavore9:

As per tsetse fly, this link will be informative as it is even spread across Kenya. http://www.kenttec.or.ke/index.php/in-kenya
I bow to your superior argument. so how we wan take train our pipu now cos south no too show interest in cowry goatRy and sheepry .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Ltrust(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
Want to invest in the agro business and export but need a comprehensive feasibility studies/business plan. We are your one shop solution provider.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by nassipickin(m): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
COMPLETE PLANTATION KIT for CASSAVA/MAIZE/RICE@3X-ROI.

The kit is valued with the following specifications:

1). #750,000/hectare (where the hectare is less than or equal to three, x<=3)
2). #500,000/hectare (where the hectare is greater than or equal to four, x>=4)
3). Kit works anywhere your farmland is, Southwest Nigeria.
4). Kit is an international best practices protocol for farmland preparation and planting.
5). Kit hands over your farmland/plantation in six(6)-week from the date of purchase cum land allocation.
6). What's next than to wait for harvest and profit.

Further enquiries, please contact: The Heritage Consultant, +2347055115343-Whatsapp-line.
Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by payne4real(m): 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Customized Packaging for your Rice,Flour,Garri,Cement,Fertilizer,Chemicals,Animal Feeds, FIBC Ton Bag etc
We can supply quality PP Woven bag of different sizes and design with very competitive Price
I represent a Chinese PP Woven Bag Manufacturing Company (Wenzhou Xifa Industrial Co.,Ltd)
We are now taking orders from interested individual who need PP Woven Bag and Plastic bag for product packaging.

The minimum order is 10,000pcs. FOB
Payment is T/T

Contact me for your quotation.
WhatsApp 08067441198

https://www.nairaland.com/3814234/quality-packaging-riceflouranimal-etc

1 Like

Re: 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture by Preprobiotics: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Tomato Ebola' Destroys 40% Of Nigerian-Grown Tomatoes / Are You Into Buying And Selling Of Agricultural Products? Kindly Join Our Group / How Many Rabbits Do You See?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.