Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. (21134 Views)

Mad Man Almost Lynched In Sapele, Delta State. Photos / Suspected Badoo Member Almost Lynched After Being Nabbed In Ikorodu. Photos / Ritualist Caught Exhuming Corpses In Kogi, Almost Lynched By Irate Mob (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Genmayor06(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
how we want take know say nobi just story, Cheap publicity stunt. This kind coincidence. #JUSTTHINKING
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
This story is. Somehow scary na wa o

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by missKiffy(f): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
chidi2pus:
OR if you had gone to the immigration office before the bank, you wouldn't have entered the same exact bus on the same exact seat with the lady.
Nothing supernatural about "what if's"
You have a point cos i tot of it too but lets still thank God on his behalf
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by redcliff: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
chidi2pus:
OR if you had gone to the immigration office before the bank, you wouldn't have entered the same exact bus on the same exact seat with the lady.

who knows. He should just be counting his blessings right now. I am already scared as I am typing this. why would someone want to just beat another person to death on just suspicion of robbery?
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by raffite: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lessons I Learnt:
1. Innocent people dying from mob action
2. Never partake in a mob action
3. Never keep N13k I'm your pocket, N15k is better. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by nurai88: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
bros, change your moniker from "emmytrill" to "oriyomi" .
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

OP, indeed you have a God who watches and protects you day and night!!!! Your testimony made my faith even stronger!
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by kixo(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
my guy, God save you ooo, it's always good to dress properly before leaving your home. Always compose yourself when inside the bus because most people are always suspicious when inside the vehicle
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by chukkiephil(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
funny enough, can we look at this critically and relate it to what is happening now?? as in our government! let's say the girl is our government, OP is Dasuki,Metu and co, the civil defence guy (court) so think about it!! our government arrests people and put allegations on them? then detain them? won't release them despite the courts rulings? yet some people support it? is it not MOB MENTALITY?? our problem is until it happens it happens to US!! we won't what is bad is BAD!!! the government should do things the proper way!! not blackmailing people for cheap political gains!!! IF THE GOVERNMENT IS SERIOUS!!
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by chukkiephil(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

exactly what i was thinking. she will go around looking for another prey. He should have held her shirt and made her pay dearly for endangering his life. wickedness continues when its not promptly and severely punished.
We need to have a mind set of looking out for our fellow NIGERIANS!!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by MrBLING(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Your friend set you up simple. That's how the woman knew the exact amount you had.

Thank your stars you were not searched and they found the money. You surely would have been beaten up. However not set ablaze in a place like ring road as surely some security agent or Good Samaritan would have come to rescue.

Lesson, stay clear of that friend henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by missjane: 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
That shows that what we call instinct is the voice of the Holy Spirit inside of us. God loves everyone on this earth whether born again or not.. and wishes us all good. Thank you Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by stonecoldcafe: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:
This is a true life personal experience and a great testimony.

If not for the grace of God, i don't know where i would have been by now, maybe heaven or hell grin

On this very day, i went to the Immigration office at Ramat park area, Ikpoba Hill Benin to pick up my passport. The thought of travelling out of the country for the first time was overwhelming. A colleague of mine before i left to pick up the passport gave me 13k to help him pay into the bank.

Because of the enthusiasm within me, i wanted to collect the passport first, then pay the money into the bank on my way back. To show that God is in deed meciful and my mama prayer no dey go in vein grin a spirit just told me why not pay in the money first since you will pass through the bank. My brothers and sisters, i heeded to my instinct, and that saved my life as you will soon find out.

Getting to the Immigration with all the stress and waiting, i finally got my passport o and i was ecstatic! Na first time na grin. On my way back, i boarded a bus to ring road. i couldnt take my hands off the the passport as i was looking at it left, right and centre. I observed that a more advanced lady sitting close to me was just looking at the passport i was holding and smiling. For my mind i say watin dey worry this one, , she never see who hold passport before? cool

Immediately i alighted from the bus, and was walking to board another one, i heard someone calling Bros! Bros! Bros!. i turned and the lady came to me and said ''Bros, na u sitdown near me just now, my 13k dey miss from my pocket'' Mogbe, for ring road of all places embarassed. i just calmly asked her, did you see me branch anywhere else, she said no, and i told her i'm ready to be searched and i don't have your money. At this time, people were already gathering ooo and she was beginning to raise her voice! cry see embarrasment of the century! I was still pleading my innocence when i saw a Civil Defence Officer and i beckoned on him to please come to my aid.

The man called us and was asking us what the problem is all about. I explained all i knew and the lady did same, insisting i took her money from her pocket cry, See a whole me with a good job, sad just because i take public transport!

The security guy then asked the lady, ''you sure say this well dressed young boy take your money?'' she said yes! just then, the agberos around were already waiting to pounce on me! probably to burn me alive. my mind quickly went to Allu 4 at Uniport cry. Then the security man told the lady that if she should search me, and they don't find the money, she will be seriously dealt with and if its found on me, i will go in for it! What if i didn't pay in that 13k? would they have allowed me to explain anything?

Just then, the lady started sturtering that it should not be like that, blah blah blah. The officer became angry with her that she just put my life on the line by accusing me falsely. The market women that have already gathered also started causing the lady, telling her that she wanted to cause the death of an innocent young man! The officer just told me to make sure i thank God enough because i would have just been lynched to death embarassed. i was too dumbfounded to even utter any word. I just looked up and said thank you Jesus and walked away. I felt like calling for her arrest there and pressing for charges bothering on false accusation, but the fact that i just escaped death didn't even make me talk.

LESSON LEARNT
1. Always say your prayers before leaving the house. You might know where you are driving to, but you don't know who is driving towards you.
2. Please my fellow nairalanders, always DRESS PROPERLY. My mode of dressing probably gave me some respect. If i was sagging or carrying one dirty hair style, anything could have happened before you say Lalastic....
3. Don't move around with too much cash.

Thank you and God bless.

I know Benin quite well so I can identify with all you've written. I also feel the fact you fearlessly called the attention of the civil defense guy also worked in your favour. A clear conscience fears no wrong. A thief will not asked to be searched neither will he ask for an officer to search him. Your head dey house.

I also feel you were too gentle, if na me, hand must reach that woman.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by harristo(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
AsianTotal:
OP
In your childish excitement while admiring your Passport you somehow managed to expose your bank teller/evidence of your 13k transaction which the eagle eyed witch saw and used against you thinking that you may have withdrawn that ammount of money.

mentorandfriend:
'Your friend' gave you 13k to pay in for him. A woman raises alarm in the bus that you stole her 13k. Same amount. Coincidence, you may call it. .

My advise: Use your tongue and count your teeth. There may be more to that your friend that you don't know yet.

Some people you call your friends will only be OK when you're just there. Once you attempt to rise more than the normal, they get insecure, jealous and almost demonic. Why must it happen as soon as your plans to leave the country was already secured and in the bag?

Be wise as a serpent, yet harmless as a dove. That was what Jesus taught.

I concur with these two possibilities.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

If not for the grace of God, i don't know where i would have been by now, maybe heaven or hell grin

On this very day, i went to the Immigration office at Ramat park area, Ikpoba Hill Benin to pick up my passport. The thought of travelling out of the country for the first time was overwhelming. A colleague of mine before i left to pick up the passport gave me 13k to help him pay into the bank.

Because of the enthusiasm within me, i wanted to collect the passport first, then pay the money into the bank on my way back. To show that God is in deed meciful and my mama prayer no dey go in vein grin a spirit just told me why not pay in the money first since you will pass through the bank. My brothers and sisters, i heeded to my instinct, and that saved my life as you will soon find out.

Getting to the Immigration with all the stress and waiting, i finally got my passport o and i was ecstatic! Na first time na grin. On my way back, i boarded a bus to ring road. i couldnt take my hands off the the passport as i was looking at it left, right and centre. I observed that a more advanced lady sitting close to me was just looking at the passport i was holding and smiling. For my mind i say watin dey worry this one, , she never see who hold passport before? cool

Immediately i alighted from the bus, and was walking to board another one, i heard someone calling Bros! Bros! Bros!. i turned and the lady came to me and said ''Bros, na u sitdown near me just now, my 13k dey miss from my pocket'' Mogbe, for ring road of all places embarassed. i just calmly asked her, did you see me branch anywhere else, she said no, and i told her i'm ready to be searched and i don't have your money. At this time, people were already gathering ooo and she was beginning to raise her voice! cry see embarrasment of the century! I was still pleading my innocence when i saw a Civil Defence Officer and i beckoned on him to please come to my aid.

The man called us and was asking us what the problem is all about. I explained all i knew and the lady did same, insisting i took her money from her pocket cry, See a whole me with a good job, sad just because i take public transport!

The security guy then asked the lady, ''you sure say this well dressed young boy take your money?'' she said yes! just then, the agberos around were already waiting to pounce on me! probably to burn me alive. my mind quickly went to Allu 4 at Uniport cry. Then the security man told the lady that if she should search me, and they don't find the money, she will be seriously dealt with and if its found on me, i will go in for it! What if i didn't pay in that 13k? would they have allowed me to explain anything?

Just then, the lady started sturtering that it should not be like that, blah blah blah. The officer became angry with her that she just put my life on the line by accusing me falsely. The market women that have already gathered also started causing the lady, telling her that she wanted to cause the death of an innocent young man! The officer just told me to make sure i thank God enough because i would have just been lynched to death embarassed. i was too dumbfounded to even utter any word. I just looked up and said thank you Jesus and walked away. I felt like calling for her arrest there and pressing for charges bothering on false accusation, but the fact that i just escaped death didn't even make me talk.

LESSON LEARNT
1. Always say your prayers before leaving the house. You might know where you are driving to, but you don't know who is driving towards you.
2. Please my fellow nairalanders, always DRESS PROPERLY. My mode of dressing probably gave me some respect. If i was sagging or carrying one dirty hair style, anything could have happened before you say Lalastic....

Thank you and God bless.

This girl na winch o.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by obynaDmob(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
What if your colleague had sent her? shocked. Thinking u wud go to the immigration office first . 13k isnt a very popular money number
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
AsianTotal:
OP
In your childish excitement while admiring your Passport you somehow managed to expose your bank teller/evidence of your 13k transaction which the eagle eyed witch saw and used against you thinking that you may have withdrawn that ammount of money.

You got it bro,
I thought so too.
Every sane person would've gone to bank first in case they close before u finish,however you probably may not have entered the same bus as the psycho lady if you didn't goto the bank first.

Anyways thanks be to God for your life and for the civil defence,IMHO your mode of dressing played no role in the drama,your luck did.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Yungbitz:

Nothing great about that thought cos if the OP's suppose friend planted someone to watch him,she certainly should have seen him enter the bank..she most likely saw something that relates to the 13k on your phone or perhaps a Teller...Thank the Supreme Being that the OP made it and not trying to create animosity between him and his friend
What if she was told to wait for him at the immigration office?
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
obynaDmob:
What if your colleague had sent her? shocked. Thinking u wud go to the immigration office first . 13k isnt a very popular money number

You could be right too,am afraid of some so called friends these days after my younger brother experience in china from his so called Nigerian friends,I don't trust Nigerian friends they can do anything for money these days.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by neocortex: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
I see most people preaching "pray" but neglect to mention the
real problem : Jungle Justice.
Let us all condemn jungle justice and never partake in it, with
time our country will be free of it.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by stagger: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
MrBLING:
Your friend set you up simple. That's how the woman knew the exact amount you had.

Thank your stars you were not searched and they found the money. You surely would have been beaten up. However not set ablaze in a place like ring road as surely some security agent or Good Samaritan would have come to rescue.

Lesson, stay clear of that friend henceforth.

Guy, where are the security agents on Ring Road to have saved this guy? It is like you have never witnessed mob action before. Before the Op would have said "excuse" in "excuse me", he would have been damaged goods.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Yungbitz(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
iAmCharis:
What if she was told to wait for him at the immigration office?
This your suppose "what if" conception hanging on the scale of probability and conspiracy is what I don't buy..just as you think of the "WHAT IF" do also think of the "What if Not"
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by omigreat: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Emmytrill:

LESSON LEARNT

Thank God! The plans of the enemy was aborted!!

Thank you and God bless.

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by festusperry(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thank God for [/color]you oh.. Pls oh how can I post on nairaland I want to post my own experience too oh.. What I encountered late last year in Benin... [color=#000000]
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Donkaz(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
chidi2pus:
for the fact that she stated the exact amount he had earlier with him, shows that she might truly be a monitoring spirit.
It wouldn't be hard for her to know the exact bus he was entering.

Or it may be that the op in his excitement, unknowingly let out a clue about the 13k to the 'sharp' woman
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Manofvalor1: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Point of correction Bro. I have lived in benin for many years and i have hardly seen or heard of case where someone was being lynched over a mere accusation of robbery,so ur fear of being lynched was uncalled for,far-fetched and a misinformation,even armed robbers who are caught red handed are never lynched,they are sometimes beaten and then handed over to the police. Benincity is a place where being are ready to rise up to the defence of the innocent even if they dont know u b4.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
How come it's the exact 13k? Who is the person that have you money to pay in? Do you trust him? He know that girl? Or na charm? Very suspicious!
Thank God for your dear life.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by hitz: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
I have experienced something similar in Toyota bus-stop ladipo market.

I went to return a faulty phone i bought in ladipo. (mind you, i hate ladipo market for every reason but this phone is an old Nokia phone not in circulation i heard i could only find it in Ladipo market.)

After dealing with the phone issue, i crossed to the other side of the market to take a Mile 2 bus.

I already boarded the bus when one thug on the service lane was screaming telling the driver not to move that i was a pick pocket!! i told the driver he was lying and he should move.. the driver in fear told me to come down, he didnt want problems. i came down and thats how trouble started.

about 5 thugs pounced on me trying to dispossess me of my laptop bag containing about 3 phones, money and DVD's. i fought these guys cos i knew that was the plot. IN BROAD DAY LIGHT

next thing i heard was... OLE!! OLE!! WE DON CATCH AM!! PICK POCKET THIEF!!

I was dressed nicely about to go to a meeting in Festac. and the people calling me thief were wearing singlets and jeans.

luckily for me a police man in the front seat of a bus stopped and told me to enter the bus, warned them he was coming back with his squad to get them and that was how i was saved from daylight robbery and lynching in a state i've lived all my life.

Note: there was a police station just accross the road this event was happening.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by mileskiyo(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
OP, did ur deposit slip fall outta ur pocket at any point in time or did she catch a glimpse of it?! That probably explains how she knew exactly how much u had deposited prior to ur fortuitous encounter. Thank God for ur life...
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by DeRay98(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bro, thank God for His mercy that you were not consumed. But dont testify in Church yet, as far as you ready to travel, don't for now. Let your testimony be complete before you testify.
Those agents of destruction may even be in your church waiting for you there for part 2.
Travel first, when you have settled down then write your testimony as a letter to your pastor to read to the church on your behalf.
God that delivered you knows that you are grateful HE will complete his work in your life and family members.
Re: How I Was Almost Lynched At Ring Road, Benin. by bhanty01: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bros reason deeper ooo, all I can arrive at is that, you are been setup by that your friend!.. If there is no hole in the wall, no how can a lizard squeeze it way in... my advise is that, keep your progress story hidden till the time you are already whereever you are going.

Thank God for your life bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taiwo Oreagba, Naira Marley’s Former Lawyer Bags 2-Year Jail Term For Bribery / Bribe-seeking Police In Lagos Instigate Mob To Beat Motorcyclist To Coma (pics) / Soldiers Rescue Two Women, Kill Two Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.