Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) (2921 Views)

Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times / Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile (2) (3) (4)

I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
President Goodluck Jonathan said on Monday that his successor would not have any difficulty fighting corruption because of the technology his administration is putting in place to fight the menace.

Addressing party supporters at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaign rally in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, Mr. Jonathan, who is the presidential candidate of the party, promised to end corruption in Nigeria, if given the mandate to run the country for another four years.
“I promise you if you vote for me and I come back and serve this country in the next four years, the next persons that will become the president of this country will not talk about corruption because we are working on technology and we will use technology to block all these areas through which people are corruptly enriching themselves,” he said.

Mr. Jonathan, who has severally accused of condoning corruption, added: “Today we are talking about IT. We are no longer in the analogue generation. So we want to deploy IT to solve problems and I tell you in the next five years nobody will harass the next president for not fighting corruption because I will solve the problem of corruption in this country.”
The presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, had promised during one of his campaign rallies last week that he would jail corrupt leaders.
However, Mr. Jonathan, who assured of his commitment to stamp out corruption, said he would not do so by sending corrupt Nigerians to jail.
He said his administration has prosecuted more people than any past administration in the country.

He said, “But let me assure Nigerians about my commitment and my method of solving the problem of corruption or fighting is not the number of people I tried and jailed.

“In terms of people I tried and jailed, maybe I will give you the statistics on my subsequent outing because I have asked them to give me the comprehensive statistics.

“We have tried more Nigerians. More Nigerians have been jailed within this period, but we followed due process. But I used to tell people that even if I tried 10 million Nigerians and jailed five million Nigerians for corruption, I have not solved the corruption problem.
“For you to stop corruption, you must use modern technology to prevent people from stealing. And that is what we are working on. The oil industry is a good area. We are working very hard. I don’t just want to say certain things. All these people have so much money that they will do everything to stop us.”

Mr. Jonathan criticised Mr. Buhari for promising to abolish the office of the First lady if he was elected.
The president said he would not do so because the office and other women associations are used as a channel to empower the country’s women.
He said, “They said they are going to ban the office of the first lady, they are going to ban the office of the governors’ wives, they are going to ban the office of local government chairman, they are going to ban the Defence officers wives, army officers wives association, naval officers wives association, police officers wives association.

“But me, having served as deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, I can tell you that these offices are helping us to mobilize our women. And these offices are encouraged to set up NGOs. They money they spend does not come from government budget. They run NGOs.
“Nigeria had a lot of philanthropists. They want spend money and they use some of these channels to empower our women. You don’t have to turn them to baby factory alone.

“I promise the Nigeria that if we open international magazines parading women I want to see Nigerian women in those magazines. The Nigerian women on their own have struggled to reach the highest positions in their country. I am making deliberate effort to try to put you on the international limelight. That is what I am doing. I don’t believe that you are designed to pound yam for me.
“I don’t think your duty is merely to procreate. But you cannot be a baby factory manufacturing children and doing nothing because my conviction is that as a biologist, the brain God gave men and women equally. Physically men are more endowed but both men and women and equally endowed in brain.

Mr. Jonathan said he had always believed that “any human population that does not give equal opportunity to women you are not exploiting 50% of their brains.”

He added, “For me we must exploit 50% of their brains for the purpose of developing this country. That is why you see so many women holding top offices in my cabinet and we will encourage them the more. I don’t believe women should not be given top positions. If that is the belief of others so be it. A vote in 2015 is a vote to liberate them or imprisoned them to the kitchen.”
Mr. Jonathan paid tribute to some Yoruba leaders, including the first Premier of Western Region, Obafemi Awolowo, the late Chairman of the defunct National Party of Nigeria, NPN, Adisa Akinloye, a former governor of Oyo State, Lam Adesina, a former Minister of Justice, Richard Akinjide and the late Lamidi Adedibu, all of who he described as “great men who have led the country and are still leading.”

He added that “We want to model our leadership after them because they achieved greatness.”
Mr. Jonathan described Ibadan as the political headquarters of the South West just as he paid tribute to the people of the region.
According to him, it was the people of the region that encouraged him to convoke the 2014 National conference.
“Ibadan is a leading light to all parts of this country. South West has played great in education. The south west encouraged me to start the National Dialogue. I have to give that accolade to the South West. You donated one of yours who was the pioneer to set the agenda,” the president said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174816-ill-rid-nigeria-corruption-given-another-chance-jonathan.html

-CramJones

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
Awon werey! Nigerians would get rid of you if given another chance!

-CramJones

16 Likes

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Useless Ogorogo Drinker!

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by bamite(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
shocked You mean GEJ said this #Idonbelieveit

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
This man just want to make a mockery of his last watery image..

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by mekaboy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
cramjones:
President Goodluck Jonathan said on Monday that his successor would not have any difficulty fighting corruption because of the technology his administration is putting in place to fight the menace.

Addressing party supporters at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaign rally in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, Mr. Jonathan, who is the presidential candidate of the party, promised to end corruption in Nigeria, if given the mandate to run the country for another four years.
“I promise you if you vote for me and I come back and serve this country in the next four years, the next persons that will become the president of this country will not talk about corruption because we are working on technology and we will use technology to block all these areas through which people are corruptly enriching themselves,” he said.

Mr. Jonathan, who has severally accused of condoning corruption, added: “Today we are talking about IT. We are no longer in the analogue generation. So we want to deploy IT to solve problems and I tell you in the next five years nobody will harass the next president for not fighting corruption because I will solve the problem of corruption in this country.”
The presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, had promised during one of his campaign rallies last week that he would jail corrupt leaders.
However, Mr. Jonathan, who assured of his commitment to stamp out corruption, said he would not do so by sending corrupt Nigerians to jail.
He said his administration has prosecuted more people than any past administration in the country.

He said, “But let me assure Nigerians about my commitment and my method of solving the problem of corruption or fighting is not the number of people I tried and jailed.

“In terms of people I tried and jailed, maybe I will give you the statistics on my subsequent outing because I have asked them to give me the comprehensive statistics.

“We have tried more Nigerians. More Nigerians have been jailed within this period, but we followed due process. But I used to tell people that even if I tried 10 million Nigerians and jailed five million Nigerians for corruption, I have not solved the corruption problem.
“For you to stop corruption, you must use modern technology to prevent people from stealing. And that is what we are working on. The oil industry is a good area. We are working very hard. I don’t just want to say certain things. All these people have so much money that they will do everything to stop us.”

Mr. Jonathan criticised Mr. Buhari for promising to abolish the office of the First lady if he was elected.
The president said he would not do so because the office and other women associations are used as a channel to empower the country’s women.
He said, “They said they are going to ban the office of the first lady, they are going to ban the office of the governors’ wives, they are going to ban the office of local government chairman, they are going to ban the Defence officers wives, army officers wives association, naval officers wives association, police officers wives association.

“But me, having served as deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, I can tell you that these offices are helping us to mobilize our women. And these offices are encouraged to set up NGOs. They money they spend does not come from government budget. They run NGOs.
“Nigeria had a lot of philanthropists. They want spend money and they use some of these channels to empower our women. You don’t have to turn them to baby factory alone.

“I promise the Nigeria that if we open international magazines parading women I want to see Nigerian women in those magazines. The Nigerian women on their own have struggled to reach the highest positions in their country. I am making deliberate effort to try to put you on the international limelight. That is what I am doing. I don’t believe that you are designed to pound yam for me.
“I don’t think your duty is merely to procreate. But you cannot be a baby factory manufacturing children and doing nothing because my conviction is that as a biologist, the brain God gave men and women equally. Physically men are more endowed but both men and women and equally endowed in brain.

Mr. Jonathan said he had always believed that “any human population that does not give equal opportunity to women you are not exploiting 50% of their brains.”

He added, “For me we must exploit 50% of their brains for the purpose of developing this country. That is why you see so many women holding top offices in my cabinet and we will encourage them the more. I don’t believe women should not be given top positions. If that is the belief of others so be it. A vote in 2015 is a vote to liberate them or imprisoned them to the kitchen.”
Mr. Jonathan paid tribute to some Yoruba leaders, including the first Premier of Western Region, Obafemi Awolowo, the late Chairman of the defunct National Party of Nigeria, NPN, Adisa Akinloye, a former governor of Oyo State, Lam Adesina, a former Minister of Justice, Richard Akinjide and the late Lamidi Adedibu, all of who he described as “great men who have led the country and are still leading.”

He added that “We want to model our leadership after them because they achieved greatness.”
Mr. Jonathan described Ibadan as the political headquarters of the South West just as he paid tribute to the people of the region.
According to him, it was the people of the region that encouraged him to convoke the 2014 National conference.
“Ibadan is a leading light to all parts of this country. South West has played great in education. The south west encouraged me to start the National Dialogue. I have to give that accolade to the South West. You donated one of yours who was the pioneer to set the agenda,” the president said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174816-ill-rid-nigeria-corruption-given-another-chance-jonathan.html

-CramJones

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
This news was during last campaign possibly like a year old. Cramjones don smoke igbo again

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by INTROVERT(f): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
reading
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Bugatie(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Stale news

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by snezBaba: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Is dat so ? Den naija people must be the dumbest to give you another chance.... undecided

Just saying though...

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
Old news

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by ayobase(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
kikikikikikiki.

I thought GEJ has started campaigning o.

Cramjones, it seems your system is malfunctioning. This one wey e dey post 1934 news so!

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by chiddye(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
relieving old memories; if only Jonah knew he would lose the election

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by StOla: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
He would have invented his technology then?

Irresponsible dunce!

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by EzePromoe: 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
OP, it seems you're drunk for you to have mistaken a news of January 13 2015 for that of January 13 2016. Receive sense n'afa Jisos!

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by stevecantrell: 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Lolz
GEJ sef !

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by iamLeo(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
Chai! Tell me something
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Day169: 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
This could pass for the joke of 2016!

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by ITbomb(m): 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
For once I thought my Time Machine has finally worked

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by SkyBlue1: 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
What an idiot. How can corruption defeat corruption?

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by guttentag(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jeez

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by APCsupporter: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
This fool is yet to be arrested

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by joseph1832(m): 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
Oga Jona has never failed to amaze me. LMFAO.

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by orisa37: 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
Charity begins @ home!
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by joseph1832(m): 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
raumdeuter:

This news was during last campaign possibly like a year old. Cramjones don smoke igbo again
The date on the link provided say other wise.
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by obailala(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nothing we no go hear for this naija... memories! cheesy
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by chidextec: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Chai!!!!! Story for the gods.

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Medicine after death.

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by tsdarkside(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Useless Ogorogo Drinker!

imagine......the cluelessone is completly nmadu!!!...
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by gen2briz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Oloriburuku somebody

Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by Ezeebube2(m): 10:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
I believe u sir. U learnt d hard way
Re: I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) by holarid(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
Can someone tell him to add "just kidding " at the end angry joke of the century!!

Who Said The Navy Are Not Equipped, Check Nigeria Navy Elite / Breaking News Controversy As Inec Declares Imo Rerun Elections Inconclusive / BREAKING: This Is Crime Against Humanity Supported By INEC - Pics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49