Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

What The Bible Says About Giving To God Ministers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Giving To God Ministers (535 Views)

Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? / What The Bible Says About Relationships / Spiritual Update: What You Don't Know About Giving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Giving To God Ministers by Pheals(f): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Have read so many topics here and other sites ,mostly in Nigerians criticising the ministers of God for collecting dough from them

Note: it is not by force to give them
Some believed their pastors are getting richer than them , well have you met the kirk committee for help when you need or the pastor?

Have you ever pray asking God for dough before like $500,000?

Here is what the bible says

2 Corinthians 9:7

Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
( it is not by force )

1 Timothy 5:17

The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. ( notice does who rule well )

Hebrews 13:7

Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.

Matthew 5:42

"Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. ( if they ask you , you can give )

Isaiah 58:7

"Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
( any minister who is not doing this , does not deserve your penny )

Ezekiel 44:30
And the first of all the firstfruits of all kinds, and every offering of all kinds from all your offerings, shall belong to the priests. You shall also give to the priests the first of your dough, that a blessing may rest on your house.

Proverbs 11:25
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

Hebrews 13:7

Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

Acts 20:35

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Proverbs 11:24
One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want

1 Corinthians 9:11

If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?

Philippians 4:17

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.

Matthew 25:15.

To one he gave five talents, to another
two, to another one, to each according to his ability.

Malachi 3:10

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

1 Timothy 5:18
For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

Galatians 6:6-10

One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

1 Corinthians 9:14

In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

Always remembered God we judge our ministers most ..leave them to God

James 3:1

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Jeremiah 17:10

“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Lalasticlala do you give to your pastor? If the lord does not bless you ...search yourself !! No changes leave the church .... Jesus is not divided nothing like Apollos and Paul

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Giving To God Ministers by Annunaki(m): 6:30am On Jan 14, 2016
2 Peter 2:1-3Good News Translation (GNT)

False Teachers
2 False prophets appeared in the past among the people, and in the same way false teachers will appear among you. They will bring in destructive, untrue doctrines, and will deny the Master who redeemed them, and so they will bring upon themselves sudden destruction. 2 Even so, many will follow their immoral ways; and because of what they do, others will speak evil of the Way of truth. 3 In their greed these false teachers will make a profit out of telling you made-up stories. For a long time now their Judge has been ready, and their Destroyer has been wide awake!

(1) (Reply)

Never Trust God Never / I Need The Services Of A Voodoo Practitioner / Inspirational Corner-Rev. Fr John Kaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.