Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Keeps You Going? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Keeps You Going? (719 Views)

The Message My Sister Keeps Receiving From JAMB / Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse / How Your Brain Keeps You Believing Things That Aren't True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Keeps You Going? by Jengbetiele: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Life they say has never been a bed of roses. Many a times when you look back on the giants you have slain to get to your present position you marvel at how far you have come. Most especially for people that fought so hard to ensure that their background doesn’t put their back on the ground. I am talking about categories of people born with either wooden, mud spoon or no spoon at all. In the midst of stress, betrayal, disappointments, uncertainties, failure and madness of each day, something(s) must have kept some of us going notwithstanding where we come from.

Having reflected so much on this, I was able to pin point how I have been able to keep my head up against all odds. At times the dreadful fear of failure, and sometimes the desire to beat depression especially when you are at war with your environment rather than give in to it, at times nothing.

I will forever be grateful to my parents. They taught me that strength is not about what I can do, but it's about overcoming what I thought I couldn't. Although I am grateful for where I am but, the fact that most times I feel like an under achiever I feel the thirst to do more and keep going even when the body seems weary from the scars and war piercings. This to an extent seems like a drive.
Sometimes I am just down and under my duvet and all I want is to curl in a fetal position. Sometimes I need help habitually from a new person, different perspective.

Many times I write, study, Netflix to still life’s harmful pressure Sometimes I breathe deeply and do what has to be done because I just have to. Sometimes it is trouble-free...There are days that just flow... no need for motivation I know for sure that there are different ways to keep on keeping on. All depending on your personality, beliefs and maybe background

Nevertheless, whatever ups and downs I have been through, these have been my constant source of strength, all along. On a general note, what keeps you going? What keeps you motivated? People would love to learn!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Keeps You Going? by Iyalodeofcanada: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
Interesting

1) God
2)parent
3)Positive friends
4)Family
5)Goals
6)Vision
7)Dreams
9)Excellence
10)Heaven

Even though there is no easy way out!!!
Re: What Keeps You Going? by talktonase(m): 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
The word of God has been my greatest inspiration!!!
Re: What Keeps You Going? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2016
What keeps me going is my goals and my dreams. Sometimes I feel like giving up but when I remember that they are people who have made it with far less than I have, then I still keep my head up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Keeps You Going? by kennynelcon(m): 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
The zeal to be above my peers.

Most especially, I KNOW GOD IS HERE FOR ME this builds a special confidence in me.
Re: What Keeps You Going? by sholay2011(m): 5:32am On Jan 14, 2016
Hmm. ..

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!!protest Ensued In YABATECH As An HND2 Student Died / Msc In Futo / Good Day... I Need Candid Advise Concerning National Open University Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.