Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626960 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
ecstacy29:

Big congratulations ��� cool, it has all ended in praise!!!
thanks ��
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
DELSEY:
no problem. Just start looking for job cause I already got 1 so when the cbt is ready everything will be fast
Congratulations Delsey

Delsey, can I send you a private message ?

I will like to know how to go about job search.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
fendorf:
Finally got our USA visa approved today.after one year plus delay due to retrogression and Covid.

Congratulations fendorf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
I applied directly to the different trusts/hospitals. Very tasking tho but it was worth it.
Valnos:

Congratulations Delsey

Delsey, can I send you a private message ?

I will like to know how to go about job search.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Akamon(m): 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
Good evening beloved people. I know, this thread doesn't belong to people like me but i need urgent advice.
I have MSc. in Medical Microbiology and want to study nursing and work in any of these countries; USA, UK, Canada e.t.c.
* How do i start
* Should I study nursing in Nigeria and do the NMC or I should go abroad and study.
* I learnt there is something like BSN and Accelerated Nursing(Which do you advice me to go for)
* If tend to take up Accelerated Nursing will i be attached to any hospital for learning and side hustle
Thanks, I need you guys advice. Sorry for derailing this thread.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fendorf(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2021
Valnos:

Congratulations fendorf
thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
DELSEY:
I applied directly to the different trusts/hospitals. Very tasking tho but it was worth it.
Oh, you applied via indeed ? Or sending them email directly stating interest to work with them.

And how did you go about your support statement ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have questions regarding my express entry application which I am about to start and I am a bit confused. I tried to read up on some posts and I got some info but I would like some clarifications. So a lil info about me, I have my BSN, RN, RM and RPHN from Nigeria I am currently in my final semester of my Master of Nursing program in Canada and I plan to use the degree to get higher points. So,
1. I read that evaluation of the highest degree is what should be done, therefore if I am using my MN degree (a Canadian degree), I do not need to get it evaluated right?
2. If I do need to get my bsn, rn and rm evaluated, which agency is more advisable? IQAS OR WES OR?
3. What other specifics do I need to know/

Thank you for all the work you do.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by All4good: 7:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Akamon:
Good evening beloved people. I know, this thread doesn't belong to people like me but i need urgent advice.
I have MSc. in Medical Microbiology and want to study nursing and work in any of these countries; USA, UK, Canada e.t.c.
* How do i start
* Should I study nursing in Nigeria and do the NMC or I should go abroad and study.
* I learnt there is something like BSN and Accelerated Nursing(Which do you advice me to go for)
* If tend to take up Accelerated Nursing will i be attached to any hospital for learning and side hustle
Thanks, I need you guys advice. Sorry for derailing this thread.
You are not derailing the thread since your question is about working as a nurse abroad.

You can study nursing in Nigeria, 3 years for RN path or 4 years BSc

If you have the financial muscle, 1yr Accelerated BSN in the USA is the fastest pathway. And it's open to anyone with a 1st degree in any course.

I hope this answers all your questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by All4good: 8:06am On Apr 05, 2021
Tvickie:
Hello everyone,

So,
1. I read that evaluation of the highest degree is what should be done, therefore if I am using my MN degree (a Canadian degree), I do not need to get it evaluated right?
2. If I do need to get my bsn, rn and rm evaluated, which agency is more advisable? IQAS OR WES OR?

1. You certainly don't need to evaluate a Canadian certificate.
2. WES I believe is preferred
3. You may still need to look into getting a nomination from the province to get you out of the express entry pool. You can search for jobs and work in interview to achieve this since you are within Canada at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by All4good: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2021
emaskocoded:

pls someone should answer me

RN is sufficient.
You need to start job hunting. Here is a link below if you are interested in the new UK visa program for health care workers

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-health-and-care-visa-to-ensure-uk-health-and-care-services-have-access-to-the-best-global-talent
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DELSEY: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2021
Send them emails directly. Look out for d hr email.
Valnos:

Oh, you applied via indeed ? Or sending them email directly stating interest to work with them.

And how did you go about your support statement ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2021
Thank you for the response.
Does this mean I do not have to do any evaluation at all? since it is my highest degree ?

All4good:

1. You certainly don't need to evaluate a Canadian certificate.
2. WES I believe is preferred
3. You may still need to look into getting a nomination from the province to get you out of the express entry pool. You can search for jobs and work in interview to achieve this since you are within Canada at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Valnos: 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
DELSEY:
Send them emails directly. Look out for d hr email.

Thanks alot Delsey.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emaskocoded(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
All4good:

RN is sufficient.
You need to start job hunting. Here is a link below if you are interested in the new UK visa program for health care workers

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-health-and-care-visa-to-ensure-uk-health-and-care-services-have-access-to-the-best-global-talent

Thanks for your response
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jayel15(f): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
DELSEY:
no problem. Just start looking for job cause I already got 1 so when the cbt is ready everything will be fast
thanks. I already got a job offer.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dbestuncle: 8:41am On Apr 06, 2021
Pls help confirm this information.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DeeOneBangin: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2021
Tvickie:
Hello everyone,

I have questions regarding my express entry application which I am about to start and I am a bit confused. I tried to read up on some posts and I got some info but I would like some clarifications. So a lil info about me, I have my BSN, RN, RM and RPHN from Nigeria I am currently in my final semester of my Master of Nursing program in Canada and I plan to use the degree to get higher points. So,

get your postgraduate work permit after your masters, study the provinces that would favour in getting provincial nomination. Register and work for a year minimum and start your express entry waka or check for the requirements for Canada experience class CEC to see if you meet them for your province
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by dbestuncle: 9:01am On Apr 06, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Missybeee: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2021
Jayel15:
thanks. I already got a job offer.

Please, how are you people doing it? I have both IELTS and CBT but I can't seem to find an employment. I apply daily on track jobs, indeed, NHS UK job...
Hmn,, all is well oh
Abeg, make una show me d way biko

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
Thanks, but I do not want to wait for that long. I used the tool and I got over 475 even if I don't max my IELTS (except I calculated wrongly sha). So by that I guess I do not necessarily have to wait for a year
osato45:
get your postgraduate work permit after your masters, study the provinces that would favour in getting provincial nomination. Register and work for a year minimum and start your express entry waka or check for the requirements for Canada experience class CEC to see if you meet them for your province

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tvickie:
Thanks, but I do not want to wait for that long. I used the tool and I got over 475 even if I don't max my IELTS (except I calculated wrongly sha). So by that I guess I do not necessarily have to wait for a year
good one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 6:38am On Apr 08, 2021
Tvickie:
Hello everyone,

You do not need to waste time evaluating your undergrad.
If you have worked in naija before leaving for Canada and can prove it with references, then you also do not need to wait for 1year after getting your pgwp. You can apply immediately using your naija experience and your Canadian masters degree.
Just ensure you calculate your crs score accurately and you should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jayel15(f): 12:05am On Apr 09, 2021
Missybeee:

Please, how are you people doing it? I have both IELTS and CBT but I can't seem to find an employment. I apply daily on track jobs, indeed, NHS UK job...
Hmn,, all is well oh
Abeg, make una show me d way biko
It’s easier with agencies I can refer you to a couple of them
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Missybeee: 10:14am On Apr 09, 2021
Jayel15:

It’s easier with agencies I can refer you to a couple of them

I am interested please. I sent you an email already, please do well to reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jayel15(f): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2021
Missybeee:

I am interested please. I sent you an email already, please do well to reply
I got a notification, no message I’ve responded
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheGreatGod: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello Missybeee & Jayel15, please can I be assisted with the list of agencies that can support me with UK employment. I am in dear need of them. My e-mail address is ogundimuyemi@yahoo.co.uk. Any of your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bee13: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hello Missybee and Jayel15, please kindly assist me with the list of agencies for NHS UK recruitment. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tvickie(f): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2021
Thank you. Really helpful
vickyehi:

You do not need to waste time evaluating your undergrad.
If you have worked in naija before leaving for Canada and can prove it with references, then you also do not need to wait for 1year after getting your pgwp. You can apply immediately using your naija experience and your Canadian masters degree.
Just ensure you calculate your crs score accurately and you should be fine.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ekiomede: 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Valnos:

Congratulations fendorf
please can I have your contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.