Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (628437 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2022
doggedfighter:

They have the have the one that runs for one year called assistant nursing? If yes, what can one do with this qualification?

How acceptable is it. What certificate do you come out with?

And HND nursing?

Which is equivalent of Nigeria's diploma RN?

Are you a Nigerian?

I hope you don't mind my many questions.

Answers:
Care Assistant in UK or Canada( Personal Support Worker...provided u have Canada Express Visa etc)...Assistant/Auxiliary Nurse.

HND is higher than RN but lower to BSc...Intact some institutions in Cameroon may insist RNs come to write HND exam first before going for BSc.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by doggedfighter(f): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
KennyUG:
Yes

KennyUG.

I'm still waiting for your response, please.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Emilo000(m): 10:51am On Jan 19, 2022
kemedi.emmanuel@gmail.com.
4kingndcountry:
Hello everyone, if you need IELTS materials, you can send your email address.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by GirlieforJesus: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Rukajumbo: 5:22am On Jan 20, 2022
Good morning here, pls who has done NMCN verification for CGFNS recently, heard is done online now, my question is that how do we send the CGFNS Verification form to NMCN?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by KennyUG: 10:15am On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you at Sharon for your responses
I will like you too note that Cameroon HND is not equivalent to Nigeria RN in fact it's not even accepted in Nigeria.
if you graduate with HND certificate in Cameroon and you in intend going back to Nigeria to sit for Nursing Council your certificate won't be accepted. Reason being that. Cameroon HND take 2-3year to obtain while Nigeria HND takes 5-6yrs(National Diploma included) to obtain. Cameroonian don't do ND which is 3yrs program in Nigeria before going for HND. For this reason Ministry of Education see's Cameroonian HND as Nigeria ND.

For the misconception that Some institutions won't accept Nigeria RN degree for the 1 year Bsc top up program. That's a lie. Do you know that there are more than 80 Nigeria RN currently doing their 1year top up degree in University of Bamenda (Government institution).

sharone21:

Answers:
Care Assistant in UK or Canada( Personal Support Worker...provided u have Canada Express Visa etc)...Assistant/Auxiliary Nurse.

HND is higher than RN but lower to BSc...Intact some institutions in Cameroon may insist RNs come to write HND exam first before going for BSc.

Yes...Check out my Whatsapp number.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by KennyUG: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2022
@Sharon21 has replied

doggedfighter:

KennyUG.

I'm still waiting for your response, please.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2022
From my personal experience- Westway, O'Grady, avant are not taking nigerian nurses without Nclex
Shearwaters do not take nurses without BNSC. I suggest applying to those agencies tho and get their response because they treat individual case differently
If you have your NCLEX, i really recommendconnecticsUSA.

Actually, last year August, Westway paid for my wife's cgfns qualifying exam registration. I was surprised! We were told that she will do NCLEX when she gets to the US. And since cgfns qualifying exam and IELTS could be used to get visascreen certificate, the whole family can relocate on US Resident visa without NCLEX.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 11:51am On Jan 20, 2022
bivoprad:
From my personal experience- Westway, O'Grady, avant are not taking nigerian nurses without Nclex
Shearwaters do not take nurses without BNSC. I suggest applying to those agencies tho and get their response because they treat individual case differently
If you have your NCLEX, i really recommendconnecticsUSA.

Actually, last year August, Westway paid for my wife's cgfns qualifying exam registration. I was surprised! We were told that she will do NCLEX when she gets to the US. And since cgfns qualifying exam and IELTS could be used to get visascreen certificate, the whole family can relocate on US Resident visa without NCLEX.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2022
Rukajumbo:
Good morning here, pls who has done NMCN verification for CGFNS recently, heard is done online now, my question is that how do we send the CGFNS Verification form to NMCN?

We tried it online but it wasn't going through. I think it will be necessary to contact nmcn on phone to give us a clarification on that. No full information yet on nmcn license verification for cgfns.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 11:58am On Jan 20, 2022
4kingndcountry:
Hello everyone, if you need IELTS materials, you can send your email address.

olumike7@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
tescie:
Hello everyone, hope you're all having a good day?

I just stumbled on this forum 2 days ago, and it's exactly what I've been looking for (I can't believe it took me this long).
My interest is mainly on relocating to the US. I applied with Avant and was scheduled for the interview but after the interview I wasn't selected to move forward, and I wasn't happy sincerely. But instead of wallowing in my disappointment I decided I was going to write NCLEX by myself even though I had just little to no information on how to go about it, and then I found this platform. I've gotten a great amount of knowledge in just these few days by just going through the messages here, although that's good but it's still not enough. My only request is if there's anyone who's also on the same path as me (maybe about to start or is far ahead), Ill really appreciate to talk to the person(s) because I have so many questions (dem say person wey dey ask question no dey miss road). Please you can respond to my message or contact me through my mail tessiedulcie@gmail.com, thank you.

The easiest and fastest route to becoming a USRN now is by applying for cgfns qualifying exam. You can sit for the exam in Nigeria. Once you're able to pass the qualifying exam and have your IELTS overall 6.5, it is easy to get your visascreen certificate. The truth of the matter is, once you pass d cgfns qualifying exam, there are lots of agencies that will accept u from that point. Then when you get to the US, you can prepare for NCLEX as you work as an assistant nurse. To get a visa to the countries where NCLEX is being done, as a Nigerian, is not so easy at this time. At that point, it could be frustrating. Anyways, weigh your options well. Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
KennyUG:
I will like you too note that Cameroon HND is not equivalent to Nigeria RN in fact it's not even accepted in Nigeria.
if you graduate with HND certificate in Cameroon and you in intend going back to Nigeria to sit for Nursing Council your certificate won't be accepted. Reason being that. Cameroon HND take 2-3year to obtain while Nigeria HND takes 5-6yrs(National Diploma included) to obtain. Cameroonian don't do ND which is 3yrs program in Nigeria before going for HND. For this reason Ministry of Education see's Cameroonian HND as Nigeria ND.

For the misconception that Some institutions won't accept Nigeria RN degree for the 1 year Bsc top up program. That's a lie. Do you know that there are more than 80 Nigeria RN currently doing their 1year top up degree in University of Bamenda (Government institution).

Okay...Nigeria and feeling of superiority...Note that even Cameroon sees our WAEC somehow, if not that they want to maintain some good brorherliness , they would have insisted on Nigerians getting A levels too...

Mind you, as an RN from Nigeria, u will still follow some due process to practise in Cameroon.

Anyway, that is the headache of those insisting on practising in Naija since with the HND you can practice in Cameroon and abroad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Aguodo(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
queendoreez:

Please, I'm interested too. Thank you.
houseofdoreez@gmail.com

Please I am interested. Email me at smartagbakwuru@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mcjendol: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=4kingndcountry post=109200808]Hello everyone, if you need IELTS materials, you can send your email address. [/quote
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by watersideboys: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
KennyUG:

Who cares about Nigerias approval . People are thinking about how to leave Africa this one is talking about Nigeria. If you know nursing or health in general, all that doesnt matter. you'll understand that nursing is nursing except who come here to blab whos qualification is better. Keep your localized credentials to yourself. Are you a nurse or a doctor who are you and where did you obtain your degree even if you have one?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by POAK: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
Please who knows when visa comes out after biometrics. I did biometrics on January 7th in Ikeja yet no visa. My Trust keeps asking, I don't know what to tell them! cry cry
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by watersideboys: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2022
Olumike7:

The easiest and fastest route to becoming a USRN now is by applying for cgfns qualifying exam. You can sit for the exam in Nigeria. Once you're able to pass the qualifying exam and have your IELTS overall 6.5, it is easy to get your visascreen certificate. The truth of the matter is, once you pass d cgfns qualifying exam, there are lots of agencies that will accept u from that point. Then when you get to the US, you can prepare for NCLEX as you work as an assistant nurse. To get a visa to the countries where NCLEX is being done, as a Nigerian, is not so easy at this time. At that point, it could be frustrating. Anyways, weigh your options well. Thank you!

Please whats stopping them from making the exam available worldwide like the cgfns so one can pass it once. What if a nurse finally gets to the USA via this route start as an assistant and is still not able to pass the nclex? I'm sure there might be cases like that

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Theyoungmatron: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2022
Recent news from grapevine is that the embassy is denying people with the certification visa.
Ask around before venturing for the CGFNS certification route.

Olumike7:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Theyoungmatron: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2022
Let's not get too emotional here.
Listen to what that guy is saying because it will save you a lot of stress during certification evaluation and processing.
watersideboys:

Who cares about Nigerias approval . People are thinking about how to leave Africa this one is talking about Nigeria. If you know nursing or health in general, all that doesnt matter. you'll understand that nursing is nursing except who come here to blab whos qualification is better. Keep your localized credentials to yourself. Are you a nurse or a doctor who are you and where did you obtain your degree even if you have one?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by watersideboys: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Theyoungmatron:
Let's not get too emotional here.
Listen to what that guy is saying because it will save you a lot of stress during certification evaluation and processing.

Nigeria still has a crooked educational system that will witch hunt you. How many countries of the world today will stretch hnd to 5 or 6 years.

Some countries will even offer bsc for 3 years

Presently there are even minor health courses you can start getting paid even without a requisite qualification by learning on the job.

I'm Nigerian not a Cameroonian and am not trying to be biased, but as one who has compared and contrasted both systems, cameroon will give you a better and organized approach to education especially health sciences. so I don't know the essence of his posts if it's to deter people from acquiring qualifications easily because some Nigerians are like that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Rukajumbo:
I have
After paying, they'll send you a link.
You'll scan the form and upload it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bivoprad(f): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
How much did you pay and how long did it take them for the verification?
Vibra:
I have
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vibra:
I have

Vibra, did you pay through Remita pls. And is it when a payment is confirmed that the link is shared?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinnella(f): 1:30am On Jan 25, 2022
pls i ve a question.... my registration with Texas BON will end in a month's time and my verification of licensure from NMCN has not left Nigeria, i ve not been able to secure visa to South African yet.... of course no ATT yet. i dont see myself meeting up with writing Nclex by March 6th 2022.

Pls what next should i do cos im at loss of what to do. My question is has anyone been in this situation before? i kn i should start thinking of reregistration with Texas BON but what does it entail? do i need to submit all my documents again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinnella(f): 1:36am On Jan 25, 2022
pls how long does the verification take

Olumike7:

Vibra, did you pay through Remita pls. And is it when a payment is confirmed that the link is shared?

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.